Author Topic: Intense suicide note from Bill Zeller, noted programmer  (Read 25830 times)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: Intense suicide note from Bill Zeller, noted programmer
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 02:39:07 PM »
I knew a dude who killed himself....

......he was such a over-dramatic, fucking tool

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 02:39:26 PM »
Interesting read.

I don't mean to sound outrageously petty, but his description of the despair he felt as he tried thing after thing in order to escape "the darkness" really does remind me of how I felt about bodybuilding for a long time.  I was completely obsessed with building a body I could be happy with, and when I started running into trouble I would try EVERYTHING, only to be met with failure and despair, time after time.

Finally I gave up, and a couple of days later, by chance, realized how my pelvic tilt had been impinging nerves, shutting down large portions of my muscles on every lift.  I feel lucky to have found the solution to my problem, unlike him, and it only haunted me for about five years, not twenty three.  

That said, I can definitely relate to the feeling of helplessness and despair, as you stumble hopelessly through life trying to find the reason you're unable to do something which is so natural and effortless for others.  It's very degrading and unhealthy, and seeps into every aspect of your life, corrupting everything.

Anyone who reads this and blithely comments "eh, everyone is responsible for his / her own actions" is unaware of how complex the world really is... Zeller even admits to this belief himself, but he's wrong.  The decisions we make can never be separated entirely from our circumstances, and our successes and failures are based only partly based on our will.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
 I would kill myself if I had some terrible terminal disease in it's later stages.

Besides that i'll ride life out to the end.

Jizzacked

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
cliffs please

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 02:43:14 PM »

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
What a loser...

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 02:49:21 PM »
 suicide is probably one of the more deplorable things a person can do

People who kill themselves just die and don't have to live with the consequences of the hurt and pain they leave with their parents, friends and other family

so to all of you people who are feeling sympathetic to this guy, you all can seriously take a fucking shit

this bill dude is dead and most likely his family loved him and now they have to live with the burden of this guy killing himself

ps....burn in hell bill and fuck off

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
No matter what happens to us in life. We are the ones who control how we let it effect us.

Truest words of the whole thread.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »

bill dude is dead and most likely his family loved him and now they have to live with the burden of this guy killing himself

True but we don't know his family so we don't give a fuck.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:38 PM »

People who kill themselves just die and don't have to live with the consequences of the hurt and pain they leave with their parents, friends and other family

so to all of you people who are feeling sympathetic to this guy, you all can seriously take a fucking shit

this bill dude is dead and most likely his family loved him and now they have to live with the burden of this guy killing himself

QFT!!! Sal, my nigguh! I dont think this dude deserves a memorial service!

w8m8

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

damn fine post Salvatore .. I concur !! dealing with your problems at that point shows more integrity and strength and also would be respected .. the lack of consideration adds to the burden of losing someone and the people left behind really don't deserve that at all

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:07 PM »

Why deplorable?  He hurts his parents, friends, and family?  Who cares?  Not him... he's dead!  You?  I strongly doubt it as you don't even know any of these people... so why are YOU saying it's deplorable????

If you read the note you'd know his family was a bunch of shitheads who, again, you don't know or care about in the least.  I'm sure, given his description, if you DID know them you wouldn't give a fuck about their feelings.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »

I totally disagree.

If someone wants to kill themself that is their decision. There is too much of a stigma against suicide. It's just another American/overly PC attitude.

It is fucked up when people leave others to struggle financially. But a decent and honorable person would arrange his finances before killing himself.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »
reminds me of this classic sketch

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »
What a loser...

Undoubtedly your opinion is influenced by a prejudice against people "Touched With Fire"

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 03:02:36 PM »
Why deplorable?  He hurts his parents, friends, and family?  Who cares?  Not him... he's dead!  You?  I strongly doubt it as you don't even know any of these people... so why are YOU saying it's deplorable????

If you read the note you'd know his family was a bunch of shitheads who, again, you don't know or care about in the least.  I'm sure, given his description, if you DID know them you wouldn't give a fuck about their feelings.

i'm not gonna get in a pissing match here about this.  

fact of this matter is that we all make human connections of some sorts in our lives and we all have people who genuinely love us (despite what we all think).  

I can't really explain with words but I've (as i'm sure many of us) have seen what suicide leaves behind.  

honestly, i'm not gonna go into it again because most everything I wanted to express was stated previously

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »
So, this alleged rape - of which there are no pics yet posted - happened when he was 3 and he expects us to believe that, not only had he not moved on, but that he remembered it in the first place??

There really is a sucker born every minute, but I ain't that sucker.  

And he didn't even kill himself properly...dumbass died as a result of 'injuries suffering during a suicide attempt'.  What a failure.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »
So, this alleged rape - of which there are no pics yet posted - happened when he was 3 and he expects us to believe that, not only had he not moved on, but that he remembered it in the first place??

There really is a sucker born every minute, but I ain't that sucker.  

And he didn't even kill himself properly...dumbass died as a result of 'injuries suffering during a suicide attempt'.  What a failure.

I think this was more about grad school stress and the expectations of him to be some super computer wiz, and his fear of being a failure... And much less to do with getting raped at 3 years old or his parents being religion freaks... Kicked out of the house at 19? Wasn't he in college then.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2011, 03:09:26 PM »
Btw, we are definitely NOT "the ones who control how we let [the circumstances of our lives] affect us."

This is completely absurd.

Say you get shot in the face... are you "in control" of how that affects you?  I don't think anyone would argue that, and yet it's somehow different for more subtle circumstances?

This guy got assfucked by his dad or whatever and it fucked up his brain beyond belief.  No one in the whole world really understands how these things work.  Maybe this is really the cause of all his problems, maybe it isn't -- who knows.  But it's not out of the realm of possibility as far as any of us knows.  The brain (and other organs) are extremely sophisticated and we have only the slightest understanding, consequently, of a person's psychological properties.

A lot of people who like to preach about everyone being in control of the hand they're dealt have been able to overcome hard circumstances themselves, and figure everyone else ought to as well.  Rarely do they stop to consider that maybe they were able to overcome their problems due to the particular qualities of their character WHICH OTHER PEOPLE LACK!!!  Just because you were able to pull yourself out of the muck doesn't mean everyone is.  Just as a mental retard can't ever be expected to "make the most" of their dreams of becoming a star athlete, for example, this guy was unable to overcome the trauma he suffered as a child.

Here's another example to keep it BB related:  take some twink with shit insertions, awful response to gear, anatomical deficiencies etc. and he will never be able to go pro, no matter how badly he wants to.  Similarly, some people who have damaged brains cannot ever overcome their alienation and find love and acceptance, like this zellar guy, NO MATTER HOW BADLY THEY TRY, WANT IT, ETC.  They are NOT IN CONTROL of their lives... they have desires they can never fulfill and they fail and die and that's the end.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2011, 03:13:12 PM »
Also two evenly matched individuals who get a very different turn of cards from the deck.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2011, 03:18:50 PM »
guys my heart goes out to this guy and his family.

this could very easily be written by johnnynoshame, josh or w8m8 too.

each of them has been abused in one form or another, and while its all shits and giggles from time to time here, their posts hide a dark pain.

i hope you all give them the support they need so this can be avoided for them.
175lbs by 31st July

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »
Haunting Movie about the effects of child abuse.

Left me sad and empty when the credits rolled

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »
maybe by "rape" he meant this administration's fiscal policy and by "the darkness" he meant Barack Obama?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
guys my heart goes out to this guy and his family.

this could very easily be written by johnnynoshame, josh or w8m8 too.

each of them has been abused in one form or another, and while its all shits and giggles from time to time here, their posts hide a dark pain.

i hope you all give them the support they need so this can be avoided for them.

lucky for you that your body has made you "suicide proof"

that whale carcass of yours makes it impossible to slit any of your wrists or throat

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Not many people recover from a bad childhood it will be a struggle your entire life.