Author Topic: Is Dennis Wolf' 2007 Olympia routine one of the greatest of all time?  (Read 8489 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Is Dennis Wolf' 2007 Olympia routine one of the greatest of all time?
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 06:58:36 AM »
Great list there! People don't give Dorian the credit he deserves when it comes to posing, he was a master poser indeed.

Some of my other favorites include:
Kevin Levrone - Mr. Olympia 1998
Nasser El Sonbaty - 1997 Finland GP

Nasser is one of my alltime fav BBers and such a great poser.

Prepare to have your mind blown...

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:54:07 AM »
greatest routine right there.

Remarkable

Great use of the "warriors" theme tune by barry de vorson

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 09:09:46 AM »
greatest routine right there.

Remarkable

Great use of the "warriors" theme tune by barry de vorson

that was one of the best ever

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 09:18:38 AM »

Nasser?!  When did he have a great routine? 

I remember all he would do is have some rock music playing while he walked from one side of the stage to the other hitting a most muscular.  :-\
just not good enough

BAZZERKER

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
I agree nasser was definitely not a good poser. he had like two or three classic poses kinda like ruhl. He didnt have flexibility to be a good poser he was just to big kinda like coleman and jay... Not saying that any of the fallowing are bad bodybuilders . Good Routines = Flex wheeler, Arnold, Ed Corney, Shawn Ray, wolfe now that i saw his routine. Blade has some posses.  I always loved that pose by priest where his arms are up in the air and his head is looking up aswell. anyone have a pic of that???
I

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 12:08:16 AM »
Nasser?!  When did he have a great routine? 

I remember all he would do is have some rock music playing while he walked from one side of the stage to the other hitting a most muscular.  :-\

The two best routines of his that come to mind are at the 1997 Finnish GP & 1997 Olympia. His sheer size allowed for him to simply stand there and hit poses. You don't have to be a Lee Labrada to pose well. Arnold never danced around, but he hit exciting poses, transitioned well and had great music. It just came together.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 01:11:23 AM »

Prepare to have your mind blown...

That routine is well choreographed, but there is way too much "dancing" and he doesn't hold the poses long enough.

Bodybuilding is about building a powerful physique. Therefore, the posing must be powerful. Routines like Shawn Ray's posing to feminine music and such actually detracts in my opinion because you are removing that look and perception of strength and power. 
Team Yates

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »
That routine is well choreographed, but there is way too much "dancing" and he doesn't hold the poses long enough.

Bodybuilding is about building a powerful physique. Therefore, the posing must be powerful. Routines like Shawn Ray's posing to feminine music and such actually detracts in my opinion because you are removing that look and perception of strength and power. 

The "dancing" is what makes that routine. Labrada isn't a big guy with thick slabs of muscle on him, so it would probably be less interesting/impressive to watch him just stand there and hit the mandatories over and over. That's probably why he went for the creative route and it paid off big time. That routine is better than almost any that I've seen, including bigger guys. They might beat him in prejudging, but you don't have to be big to be a good poser. Alot of the best posers are the smaller guys who don't rely on muscle mass to see them through.

Shawn Ray's routine at the 1999 Olympia was great. It depends on the music itself and how it's posed to. I like seeing posing to love ballads like Lee Priest and Porter Cottrell used to. The physique is powerful, but it's also beautiful and can be posed to that sort of music. In the end, BBing is objective. No right and wrong way to do things.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 10:16:05 AM »
Labrada is best by far.
But This guy was the living art statue.