Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 423570 times)

mazrim

• Getbig V
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2019, 09:57:14 AM »
Don't get the Beto thing at all.  He's just this "guy" saying stupid shit. Does not seem like a leader with any true experience at anything.
Definite "go with the flow" type of guy. Apologizing for complimenting his wife? Pretty sad that he felt the need to do that due to the pressure of the "mother is a deragotary term" crowd.

He just starts raising his voice with it shaking/seems very contrived in his attempts to be passionate.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2019, 03:15:28 PM »
I learned in a marketing class , if you don't "get" the ad , you aren't the target demographic.

I think Beto sounds smart with a passion for issues that I relate to.
I always thought Trump sounded like a moronic buffoon .
Guess who we each voted for ...? ;)

So, by that logic you admit somehow Hillary's ads were targeting you?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
You have to remember... Beto is kind of the lefts Trump.  Says shit that doesn't make sense, or makes sense but can never be implemented, but people are so tired of the status quo they are willing to take a shot.

I don't draw that parallel at all.

They're entirely different - one will say/be anything to appease, the other doesn't give a fuck what his detractors think.

Whether you like what Trump has said or not, he was pretty direct, and has implemented many things he said he was going to do.

The Wall of course gets all the attention, but he's made good on plenty of his promises.

Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »
Don't get the Beto thing at all.  He's just this "guy" saying stupid shit. Does not seem like a leader with any true experience at anything.

If Trump could get elected with zero experience, anyone could. I doubt Beto would stoop to the level of calling people childish name's like "pencil neck" in public as Trump recently did when talking about Nunes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2019, 10:55:13 PM »
You have to remember... Beto is kind of the lefts Trump.  Says shit that doesn't make sense, or makes sense but can never be implemented, but people are so tired of the status quo they are willing to take a shot.

They are not in the same universe.  Trump is funny.  Beto is not.  Trump's private sector success dwarfed Beto.  Trump has had two of the most successful presidential years of my lifetime.  Beto is just some socially awkward weirdo who a lot of dummies donated an obscene amount of money to and still lost. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2019, 08:17:17 AM »
Lucy Flores: Joe Biden Can’t Recall Kissing Incident Because He’s ‘So Used to Behaving’ That Way

Lucy Flores was getting ready to deliver a speech as the Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada in 2014, when she alleges that former Vice President Joe Biden, who had come to campaign on her behalf, kissed her on the back of her head without her consent.

Now she has a message for the potential 2020 contender after a spokesperson said he couldn’t recall the incident.

“I would say I hope you recognize how your behavior made women feel,” Flores told The Daily Beast on Friday night. “I hope you are empathetic to how your behavior makes a lasting impression on women.”

Flores said the unwanted attention stung even more in light of Biden’s status at the time.

“To me, he no longer had a name,” Flores said. “That was not Joe Biden. To me, that was the vice president of the United States of America. The second most powerful man in the country. And we have no prior relationship. We’re not friends. There’s no relationship whatsoever. And then he begins to not only touch me but get really inappropriately close. And then lean in, and smell my hair and kiss my head.”

Flores, who first wrote about the alleged incident in a piece for “The Cut,” part of New York Magazine, described the situation, which she said occurred as she was prepared to walk onstage, as “shocking.”

“I just froze. I didn’t know what to do,” she continued. “Because again the only thing that you’re processing is that there is a very powerful man standing next to you. That person is there to campaign on your behalf and you just don’t know how to respond. I mean that’s how I felt. I literally just didn’t even know what to do other than just wish the moment away.”

Biden’s camp has said that while he respects Flores and does not deny her right to tell her story, he can recall no such incident.

“Vice President Biden was pleased to support Lucy Flores’s candidacy for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada in 2014 and to speak on her behalf at a well-attended public event,” Bill Russo, a spokesperson for Biden said. “Neither then, nor in the years since, did he or the staff with him at the time have an inkling that Ms. Flores had been at any time uncomfortable, nor do they recall what she describes.”

But Flores, 39, has stuck by her account. In her piece for “The Cut,” she said that she told a few members of her staff what had taken place after the event. However, she said that she did not have permission to share personal information about them. The Daily Beast was able to view correspondence between Flores and another individual discussing the alleged incident in Nevada years prior to the New York Magazine article. The exchange gives credence to Flores’ claim to the extent that it shows it was an incident she talked about before going public this Friday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lucy-flores-joe-biden-cant-recall-kissing-incident-because-hes-so-used-to-behaving-that-way?ref=scroll

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2019, 10:47:09 AM »
Lucy Flores: Joe Biden Can’t Recall Kissing Incident Because He’s ‘So Used to Behaving’ That Way

Lucy Flores was getting ready to deliver a speech as the Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada in 2014, when she alleges that former Vice President Joe Biden, who had come to campaign on her behalf, kissed her on the back of her head without her consent.

Now she has a message for the potential 2020 contender after a spokesperson said he couldn’t recall the incident.

“I would say I hope you recognize how your behavior made women feel,” Flores told The Daily Beast on Friday night. “I hope you are empathetic to how your behavior makes a lasting impression on women.”

Flores said the unwanted attention stung even more in light of Biden’s status at the time.

“To me, he no longer had a name,” Flores said. “That was not Joe Biden. To me, that was the vice president of the United States of America. The second most powerful man in the country. And we have no prior relationship. We’re not friends. There’s no relationship whatsoever. And then he begins to not only touch me but get really inappropriately close. And then lean in, and smell my hair and kiss my head.”

Flores, who first wrote about the alleged incident in a piece for “The Cut,” part of New York Magazine, described the situation, which she said occurred as she was prepared to walk onstage, as “shocking.”

“I just froze. I didn’t know what to do,” she continued. “Because again the only thing that you’re processing is that there is a very powerful man standing next to you. That person is there to campaign on your behalf and you just don’t know how to respond. I mean that’s how I felt. I literally just didn’t even know what to do other than just wish the moment away.”

Biden’s camp has said that while he respects Flores and does not deny her right to tell her story, he can recall no such incident.

“Vice President Biden was pleased to support Lucy Flores’s candidacy for Lieutenant Governor of Nevada in 2014 and to speak on her behalf at a well-attended public event,” Bill Russo, a spokesperson for Biden said. “Neither then, nor in the years since, did he or the staff with him at the time have an inkling that Ms. Flores had been at any time uncomfortable, nor do they recall what she describes.”

But Flores, 39, has stuck by her account. In her piece for “The Cut,” she said that she told a few members of her staff what had taken place after the event. However, she said that she did not have permission to share personal information about them. The Daily Beast was able to view correspondence between Flores and another individual discussing the alleged incident in Nevada years prior to the New York Magazine article. The exchange gives credence to Flores’ claim to the extent that it shows it was an incident she talked about before going public this Friday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lucy-flores-joe-biden-cant-recall-kissing-incident-because-hes-so-used-to-behaving-that-way?ref=scroll
Kiss on the head? I thought it was the neck?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: March 30, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »

Haha, no...just no.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2019, 02:42:15 PM »
If Trump could get elected with zero experience, anyone could. I doubt Beto would stoop to the level of calling people childish name's like "pencil neck" in public as Trump recently did when talking about Nunes.
Trump would never besmirch Nunes like that.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

With apologies to "The Tokens"...

A-Dem-o-crat. A Dem-o-crat, A Dem-O-Crat, A-Dem-O Crat

In the swampland, the filthy swampland
Joe Biden creeps tonight
In the swampland, the D.C. swampland
Joe Biden creeps tonight

Near the grade school, made in the shade school
Goes Obama's Veep tonight
Near the grade school, made in the shade school
It's Obama's Veep alright

Shh, my darling, no tears my darling
Joe Biden creeps tonight
Shh, my darling just dreams my darling
Joe Biden creeps tonight

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #310 on: March 31, 2019, 08:27:41 PM »
 :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

mazrim

• Getbig V

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2019, 11:57:33 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2019, 12:22:08 PM »
Connecticut woman says VP Biden touched her inappropriately at fundraiser in 2009 (trunc, new claim)
Hartford Courant ^ | April 1, 2019 | Neil Vigdor
Posted on 4/1/2019, 3:01:35 PM by abb

A Connecticut woman says Joe Biden touched her inappropriately and rubbed noses with her during a 2009 political fundraiser in Greenwich when he was vice president, drawing further scrutiny to the Democrat and his history of unwanted contact with women as he ponders a presidential run

“It wasn’t sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos told The Courant Monday. “He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth.”

Lappos posted about the alleged incident on the Facebook page of Connecticut Women in Politics Sunday in response to a similar account by former Nevada legislator Lucy Flores, which comes as Biden is considering a 2020 run for president. Flores accused Biden of kissing her on the back of her head in 2014, when she was a candidate for lieutenant governor.

Lappos, 43, who is now a freelance worker with nonprofit agencies, said she felt extremely uncomfortable when Biden approached her at the 2009 fundraiser for U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-4th, where she was volunteering. At the time, Lappos was a congressional aide to Himes, who she said was not in the room when the incident took place.

snip

(Excerpt) Read more at courant.com ...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: April 01, 2019, 01:23:47 PM »

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #315 on: April 01, 2019, 03:44:18 PM »

Oooo ahhh ooo ahhh  oooo ahhhh.....

This song will play at every Trump rally if Biden is the dem nominee......bank on it!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #316 on: April 01, 2019, 03:57:37 PM »

Oooo ahhh ooo ahhh  oooo ahhhh.....

This song will play at every Trump rally if Biden is the dem nominee......bank on it!!!

Put a fork in 'ol Uncle Joe
:

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: April 02, 2019, 04:33:54 AM »
Connecticut woman says then-Vice President Joe Biden touched her inappropriately at a Greenwich fundraiser in 2009

A Connecticut woman says Joe Biden touched her inappropriately and rubbed noses with her during a 2009 political fundraiser in Greenwich when he was vice president, drawing further scrutiny to the Democrat and his history of unwanted contact with women as he ponders a presidential run

"It wasn't sexual, but he did grab me by the head," Amy Lappos told The Courant Monday. "He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth."

Lappos posted about the alleged incident on the Facebook page of Connecticut Women in Politics Sunday in response to a similar account by former Nevada legislator Lucy Flores, which comes as Biden is considering a 2020 run for president. Flores accused Biden of kissing her on the back of her head in 2014, when she was a candidate for lieutenant governor.

Lappos, 43, who is now a freelance worker with nonprofit agencies, said she felt extremely uncomfortable when Biden approached her at the 2009 fundraiser for U.S. Rep. Jim Himes, D-4th, where she was volunteering. At the time, Lappos was a congressional aide to Himes, who she said was not in the room when the incident took place.

"I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody," Lappos said. "There's absolutely a line of decency. There's a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It's not cultural. It's not affection. It's sexism or misogyny."

A spokeswoman for Biden declined to respond to the allegations by Lappos and instead offered a statement that Biden issued Sunday about the Flores controversy.

https://www.courant.com/politics/hc-pol-biden-grabbed-aide-20190401-vl7chim3hrdjtcwu2tszrhozzm-story.html

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2019, 04:35:40 AM »
I hope they cannibalize themselves to ruin.  Liberals are the bane of civilization and deserve to be shipped to muslime lands to live out their unnatural days in the captivity they seem to so long for.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2019, 05:40:17 AM »
Is Creepy Old Uncle Joe Toast?=Fondling and kissing women may be the former veep’s undoing.
Frontpagemagazine ^ | April 2, 2019 | Matthew Vadum
Posted on 4/2/2019, 7:52:28 AM by SJackson

Easily the most hands-on vice president the United States has ever seen, Joe Biden’s creepy old man behavior is finally catching up with him.

After decades of snuggling up to, hugging, sniffing, and kissing unsuspecting, helpless women of all ages, the avuncular, gaffe-prone 76-year-old politician has suddenly come under attack for two such examples of unwanted touching that allegedly took place in Nevada in 2014 and in Connecticut in 2009.

Lucy Flores, the Democrats’ nominee for lieutenant governor of Nevada five years ago, wrote an essay March 29 at something called The Cut detailing how she endured undesired touching by Biden who had come to her campaign event to lend a hand.

Contenders for the 2020 Democrat presidential nod are distancing themselves from Biden. Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn) both said they have “no reason not to believe” Flores. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro also said they “believe” Flores. Former Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said the allegations about Biden are “very disconcerting.”

Flores’ story apparently inspired Amy Lappos to go public Monday with a claim that Biden touched her inappropriately at a fundraiser for Rep. Jim Hines (D-Conn.).

“It wasn’t sexual, but he did grab me by the head,” Lappos, a congressional aide to Hines at the time of the incident, told the Hartford Courant on April 1. “He put his hand around my neck and pulled me in to rub noses with me. When he was pulling me in, I thought he was going to kiss me on the mouth.”

“I never filed a complaint, to be honest, because he was the vice president. I was a nobody,” Lappos said. “There’s absolutely a line of decency. There’s a line of respect. Crossing that line is not grandfatherly. It’s not cultural. It’s not affection. It’s sexism or misogyny.”

So far the complaint by Flores has made a bigger splash than the one by Lappos. This is at least in part because of the opportune timing of Flores’ article, which allowed all sorts of ambitious Democrats to stampede their way onto Sunday TV talk shows to denounce Biden.

According to Flores, back in 2014 after she found her way to the holding room for rally speakers at a union hall in Las Vegas, “we were ushered to the side of the stage where we were lined up by order of introduction.”

She continued:

As I was taking deep breaths and preparing myself to make my case to the crowd, I felt two hands on my shoulders. I froze. “Why is the vice-president of the United States touching me?”

I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual fuck? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience.

Instead of feeling empowered and energized, Biden made her feel “uneasy, gross, and confused.”

The U.S. vice president “had just touched me in an intimate way reserved for close friends, family, or romantic partners — and I felt powerless to do anything about it.”

Biden “stopped treating me like a peer the moment he touched me. Even if his behavior wasn’t violent or sexual, it was demeaning and disrespectful. I wasn’t attending the rally as his mentee or even his friend; I was there as the most qualified person for the job.”

“If Biden and I worked together in a traditional office, I would have complained to the HR department, but on the campaign trail, there’s no clear path for what to do when a powerful man crosses the line. In politics, you shrug it off, smile for the cameras, and get back to the task of trying to win your race.”

Caught with his pants down, so to speak, Biden, a perennial favorite of Democrats who would be a serious contender should he seek his party’s 2020 presidential nomination, offered a hard-to-believe statement to the media regarding Flores’ allegation, a statement his office repeated when the Hartford Courant asked him about the Lappos claim.

“In my many years on the campaign trail and in public life, I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort,” Biden said.

“And not once - never - did I believe I acted inappropriately. If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention. I may not recall these moments the same way, and I may be surprised at what I hear. But we have arrived at an important time when women feel they can and should relate their experiences, and men should pay attention. And I will.”

Bill Clinton provided a similar statement on Jan. 26, 1998, when confronted about his affair with a young White House intern.

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie. Not a single time. Never. These allegations are false and I need to go back to work for the American people.”

Except Biden, who has falsely claimed at least twice that a drunk driver killed his first wife, is even less believable than Clinton was.

Biden’s groping and prurient pawing of women in public is well-documented.

Jeremy Lott, author of The Warm Bucket Brigade: The Story of the American Vice Presidency, was mildly sympathetic to Biden’s plight.

“Some people are more tactile than others, and I think we should allow a bit of leeway for that,” Lott told FrontPage.

“‘He hugged me!’ Uh, sorry but so what? But when I’ve seen pictures of some of the public liberties Uncle Joe has taken with over the years, well, it’s not a surprise that it would come back to pinch his electoral buttcheeks now.”

In a National Review piece titled “Joe Biden is Done,” Kyle Smith may be jumping the gun a little bit, but then again, in the #MeToo age, maybe not.

Biden, Smith notes, “is a creepy old goat. Everyone knows this. There is much photographic evidence of him crossing the line with women.”

But there was never a reason before for the Democrats’ public-relations arm, also known as the mainstream media, “to hold Biden up to scrutiny.”

“When he became veep, any attack on Biden risked looking like casting aspersions on the man who made him his number two, and the media could not countenance any naysaying about the judgment of the Precious.”

But now that Democrats have a smorgasbord of options for 2020, there is no reason to hold back. “All of this goes away as soon as the Democratic pick for 2020 becomes evident, but until then we’ll be seeing some actual vigorous reporting,” Smith writes.

Smith is right.

But there is also a racial animus at play. Biden is unlucky to be white in an epoch of identity politics-driven political correctness.

Democrats hate white people and white men in particular, and they reserve a special place in the depths of Hell for dead and nearly-dead white men. Make the white man an unctuous elderly creep who can’t keep his hands off vulnerable women forced to endure humiliation at his finely manicured hands in public ceremonies, and it’s just a matter of time before he hangs from the nearest lamppost.

So it was just a matter of time before the #MeToo brigades came for poor old Uncle

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #320 on: April 02, 2019, 05:47:57 AM »
This stuff has been known and discussed for practically all of Obama's administration.

Now Democrats are recognizing it?

LOL please - this is their way to get the old white guy off the ticket without saying it, since he polls well vs the other Democrats.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2019, 06:14:20 AM »
This stuff has been known and discussed for practically all of Obama's administration.

LOL please - this is their way to get the old white guy off the ticket without saying it, since he polls well vs the other Democrats.

The entire Slate are psychoes

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2019, 07:25:21 AM »
Seems like the liberal media is turning their backs on him. I wonder who they’re going to push.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
Seems like the liberal media is turning their backs on him. I wonder who they’re going to push.

Harris.
Y

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2019, 08:50:57 AM »

Yep.  The Democrats and the media are obviously trying to get rid of him and make sure he isn't the nominee in 2020.

Joe Biden has been doing this kind of shit on camera for many years.  Now all of a sudden they have an issue with it.  Now accusers are coming out of the woodwork.

I also find it interesting that the coverage of this has focus solely on adult women and they aren't making an issue of his behavior with children.  Even Hannity is avoiding that for some reason.