Author Topic: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020  (Read 423588 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Top 15 Democratic presidential candidates in 2020
« Reply #625 on: August 09, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
Trump + tryrant

The only media allowed when he was recently in El Paso was the media representatives the White house brought with them on this visit. Victims of the shooting still in hospital, declined to be visited upon by Trump. Trump says he was warmly welcomed. Who's lying?

University Medical Center spokesman Ryan Mielke said the hospital had reached out to the Anchondo family and other discharged patients on Tuesday, the day before the president’s visit, after it became clear that none of the hospitalized shooting victims would meet him.

Trump took other thumbs-up photos at the hospital, too, the official said, noting that other such pictures have concerned White House aides who have encouraged him to strike a more empathetic tone.

August 8, 2019 Washington Post

You do realize that the attitude you display here will be responsible for the demise of Portland?  Ultimately, the police will not be allowed to protect you from that which you now so eagerly feed.  You should know better but if your kind keeps this up, you will know worse and all because of your hatred of all that is good and just in the name of "fairness". 

I have a relative in Portland.  The place is going to become another San Francisco.  Another Los Angeles.  Another shit hole. When cucks finally call for a plumber the plumber ain't showing up.  Did it to yourselves.

You risk becoming the boy who called "racist".

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #626 on: August 09, 2019, 03:07:05 PM »
You do realize that the attitude you display here will be responsible for the demise of Portland?  Ultimately, the police will not be allowed to protect you from that which you now so eagerly feed.  You should know better but if your kind keeps this up, you will know worse and all because of your hatred of all that is good and just in the name of "fairness". 

I have a relative in Portland.  The place is going to become another San Francisco.  Another Los Angeles.  Another shit hole. When cucks finally call for a plumber the plumber ain't showing up.  Did it to yourselves.

You risk becoming the boy who called "racist".

You got all that from my post? Not even sure how you made the connection to Portland. What I posted is simply what is in today's Oregonian and the Washington Post.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #627 on: August 09, 2019, 03:21:08 PM »
You got all that from my post? Not even sure how you made the connection to Portland. What I posted is simply what is in today's Oregonian and the Washington Post.

I got that you agreed with that dross.  If I am wrong, then I am ecstatic.  If I am not, just say as much.  Portland is where you reside or thereabouts, is it not? I have a relative there.  Simple. The attitude of liberals will destroy Portland.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: August 09, 2019, 03:50:08 PM »
I got that you agreed with that dross.  If I am wrong, then I am ecstatic.  If I am not, just say as much.  Portland is where you reside or thereabouts, is it not? I have a relative there.  Simple. The attitude of liberals will destroy Portland.

Sometimes I post things that I neither agree with nor disagree with. My motto is, unless you witness something firsthand, you cannot be sure of the truth in a matter. In this case, you misunderstood my intentions (so easy to do on social media).

I'm not sure how I feel about Portland as a place to live these days. But, living in the 'burbs I'm no expert on what inner city living is all about.

On another note. There was also a newspaper article about Portland mayor, Ted Wheeler, approving a $60. per rental unit annual fee for landlords, which the city will use to police landlord - tenant issues. Apparently many cities are doing this now. It seems regressive. It will obviously just raise rents in an already over-inflated market, not to mention is is one more ridiculous "tax" Portland has come up. But, Portland is not alone. 90% of my water bill pays for unrelated West Linn Services, such as street cleaning and parks maintenance, etc. This is on top of an annual property tax bill that increases by 6% each year. My retirement income increased by only 3% which means if I live long enough, I'll be living in poverty.

Where in Portland does your friend live? The city is very diverse. Quality of life in Portland depends a lot on what part of the city you live in.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #629 on: August 09, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
Trump + tryrant

The only media allowed when he was recently in El Paso was the media representatives the White house brought with them on this visit. Victims of the shooting still in hospital, declined to be visited upon by Trump. Trump says he was warmly welcomed. Who's lying?

University Medical Center spokesman Ryan Mielke said the hospital had reached out to the Anchondo family and other discharged patients on Tuesday, the day before the president’s visit, after it became clear that none of the hospitalized shooting victims would meet him.

Trump took other thumbs-up photos at the hospital, too, the official said, noting that other such pictures have concerned White House aides who have encouraged him to strike a more empathetic tone.

August 8, 2019 Washington Post
Yes, who's lying?

The president did not meet with any of the eight survivors still convalescing at UMC, the El Paso Times reported Wednesday, Aug. 7.
Three of the eight survivors were unable to meet Trump because they were in too poor condition or because of a Spanish language barrier, Henry Gallardo, UMC’s chair of the hospital board of managers, said.
Five declined the offer.

The President did meet with family members of three survivors in the hospital waiting room for nearly two hours
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:10 AM »
Yang surpasses Beto in Iowa poll, qualifies for fall debates

Andrew Yang, the entrepreneur running an outsider presidential campaign centered on the promise of a universal basic income, has qualified for the fall Democratic primary debates.

Yang crossed the second of two required debate thresholds on Thursday, when he polled at 2 percent in a Monmouth University poll in Iowa. He had previously received at least 2 percent in three other polls approved by the Democratic National Committee and has hit the required 130,000 unique donor mark.

At the other end of the spectrum, onetime Democratic phenom Beto O'Rourke was outperformed in the poll by Yang, clocking in at under 1 percent.

Yang is the ninth candidate to qualify for a pair of debates: one in mid-September and one sometime in October. He joins Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, O’Rourke, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren on stage.

Biden leads the field in the Monmouth poll in Iowa, the first DNC-approved poll in the key early state taken since the second round of debates last month. He has 28 percent to Warren’s 19 percent. Harris is in third with 11 percent, Sanders has 9 percent and Buttigieg has 8 percent.

Biden’s position at the top is stable from an April 2019 poll Monmouth took in the first caucus state, ticking up a single percentage point. Warren gained 12 points over the April poll, Harris is up 4 points and Sanders dropped 7 points. Buttigieg also remains in the same position he was in in April, losing just 1 point. O'Rourke, who polled at 6 percent in the April poll, polled at less than 1 percent in August.

http://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/08/08/andrew-yang-qualifies-democratic-debates-1453030

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: August 10, 2019, 10:48:43 AM »
The next Democratic debate is getting dangerously close to being 2 nights again

A ninth Democrat has qualified for the third round of presidential debates, bringing us closer to another two-night affair.

Entrepreneur Andrew Yang on Thursday became the latest Democratic candidate for president to qualify for the September debate following the release of a Monmouth University Iowa poll in which he has two percent support, The New York Times reports. Yang previously had the 130,000 individual donors needed for the September debate's qualification threshold, which is stricter than that of the previous two debates, and he has now met the requirement of two percent support in four polls as well.

This means the September debate will include at least the following nine candidates: former Vice President Joe Biden, Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), and Cory Booker (D-N.J.), South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former congressman Beto O'Rourke, and Yang. As the Times points out, former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro is close to qualifying; he has enough donors and now needs to reach two percent support in one more qualifying poll. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) also has surpassed the 130,000 individual donor requirement, The Washington Examiner reports.

While the first two rounds of debates took place over two nights because there were so many candidates, it was thought raising the qualifying threshold for the September debate might cut the field down enough for only one night to be required. The New York Times previously reported that this September debate would take place on a single night should 10 candidates or fewer qualify. Were Castro and Gabbard to both squeeze in, there would be 11 candidates.

http://www.theweek.com/speedreads-amp/857870/next-democratic-debate-getting-dangerously-close-being-2-nights-again

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: August 10, 2019, 05:24:44 PM »
Yes, who's lying?

There were eight victims total in hospital when Trump visited. Five declined his visit and three still were too critical for visitation. Trump claims he got a warm welcome.  If not a lie, at least there are inconsistent views of the success of this event as reported.   

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: August 10, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
There were eight victims total in hospital when Trump visited. Five declined his visit and three still were too critical for visitation. Trump claims he got a warm welcome.  If not a lie, at least there are inconsistent views of the success of this event as reported.   
You missed this part?

too poor condition or because of a Spanish language barrier

or this one?

The President did meet with family members of three survivors in the hospital waiting room for nearly two hours

Either way, he was there. I know you're trying desperately to push the msm agenda of "everyone hates Trump" but that's just not true.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: August 10, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
You missed this part?

or this one?

Either way, he was there. I know you're trying desperately to push the msm agenda of "everyone hates Trump" but that's just not true.

I missed nothing there were 8 total hospitalized victims and for various reasons Trump was unable to meet with any of them. One reason being that 5 declined to meet with him.

I am simply posting what's been reported in the news and said by Trump. Obviously, everyone doesn't hate Trump. He got elected didn't he?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: August 11, 2019, 10:07:37 AM »
I missed nothing there were 8 total hospitalized victims and for various reasons Trump was unable to meet with any of them. One reason being that 5 declined to meet with him.

I am simply posting what's been reported in the news and said by Trump. Obviously, everyone doesn't hate Trump. He got elected didn't he?
You asked "who's lying", inferring that Trump lied saying he recieved a warm welcome, can you show us where he did NOT?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: August 11, 2019, 10:33:50 AM »
You asked "who's lying", inferring that Trump lied saying he recieved a warm welcome, can you show us where he did NOT?

The 5 that wouldn’t meet with the President or the press are illegal immigrants who don’t want to be exposed as such.

Why do you even try to talk common sense with that senile, pedophile-defending, liberal cuck, retard?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
So, Beto is polling at <1% yet Texas is in play for the Dems in 2020?🤔

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: August 12, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »
Polling right about 1% nationally, presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke turned up the heat on his connection to the working class by posting a video of himself changing a tire — without any assistance from the folks at AAA.

http://news.valubit.org/im-just-like-you-beto-orourke-changes-a-tire/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: August 12, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »
Polling right about 1% nationally, presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke turned up the heat on his connection to the working class by posting a video of himself changing a tire — without any assistance from the folks at AAA.

http://news.valubit.org/im-just-like-you-beto-orourke-changes-a-tire/

Just getting ready for a future career changing tires.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: August 12, 2019, 11:35:52 PM »

Depends on what you consider a warm welcome. If you go to a an event and only a couple of people will talk to you, it just doesn't seem like that warm a welcome. I guess you could argue that if the few he actually got to speak with warmly welcomed him this is somewhat redeeming. Honestly, I wouldn't expect Trump or any other politician for that matter to acknowledge when such a visit is a failure. It's just that Trump so often sees things through rose colored glasses when it suits him.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #641 on: August 13, 2019, 04:46:00 AM »
Gabbard will take 2-week break from 2020 campaign for National Guard duty

By QUINT FORGEY
08/12/2019 10:44 AM EDT

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, a Democratic presidential candidate who serves in her state's National Guard, will step away from her White House campaign Monday to report for active duty, participating in a two-week joint training exercise in Indonesia.

“We’ll be doing a training exercise with the Indonesian military, focused on a few different things like counterterrorism, humanitarian aid and disaster response and joining my brothers and sisters from the Hawaii National Guard in doing so,” Gabbard told CBS News in an interview that aired Monday.

Gabbard, a three-term lawmaker, served two tours in the Middle East with the Hawaii Army National Guard — in Iraq from 2004-2005 and in Kuwait from 2008-2009. She is a member of the House Armed Services Committee and sat on the House Foreign Affairs Committee in the previous Congress.

"I love our country. I love being able to serve our country in so many ways, including as a soldier," Gabbard said. "And so while some people are telling me, like, ‘Gosh, this is a terrible time to leave the campaign. Can't you find a way out of it?’ You know, that's not what this is about."

Gabbard has made her military experience a centerpiece of her presidential bid, touting her qualifications to become commander in chief and denouncing “regime change wars” and “the gunboat diplomacy of the past.”

http://www.politico.com/amp/story/2019/08/12/tulsi-gabbard-campaign-break-active-duty-1458155

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: August 13, 2019, 05:04:12 AM »

Just getting ready for a future career changing tires.

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #643 on: August 13, 2019, 02:24:15 PM »
Kamala Harris: Trump Didn’t Pull the Trigger in El Paso — But He Tweeted Out the Ammunition
PAM KEY
12 Aug 2019

Sunday in an interview with The Des Moines Register, 2020 presidential candidates Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) said President Donald Trump did not “pull the trigger,” at the mass shooting at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas but he has been “tweeting out the ammunition.”

Harris said, “I, as a prosecutor, I prosecuted hate crimes. As the Attorney General of California, where I ran the second largest Department Justice in the United States, I on an annual basis published the Hate Crime Report. So I will tell you this stuff is not new in our country. It certainly predates the election of Donald Trump, but it has also increased under Donald Trump. He has been fueling the flames of hate. I said recently on the issue of El Paso, you know, no, when people ask me is he responsible for these killings? Well no he obviously didn’t pull the trigger but he sure been tweeting out the ammunition.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/08/12/kamala-harris-trump-didnt-pull-the-trigger-in-el-paso-but-he-tweeted-out-the-ammunition/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2019, 02:37:22 PM »
On Ferguson, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Told a Terrible Lie
By DAVID FRENCH
August 12, 2019

Their falsehoods were immoral, divisive, and quite possibly unlawful.

On Friday afternoon, two of the leading contenders in the Democratic presidential primary lied. There’s no other fair way to put it. They flat-out spread fiction, libeled an innocent man, and stoked American divisions — all for political gain.

Five years ago, a Ferguson, Mo., police officer named Darren Wilson shot a young black man named Michael Brown to death after an altercation in the street. False rumors about Brown’s death — namely that he was shot in cold blood while trying to surrender with his hands in the air — ignited violent protests in Missouri and revulsion across the United States.

“Hands up, don’t shoot” became a national rallying cry — until the Obama Department of Justice comprehensively and thoroughly debunked it in a lengthy report published on March 4, 2015. Writing in December of the same year, the Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler called the slogan one of “the biggest Pinocchios of the year.”

But Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren ignored the Obama DOJ. They blew straight through the facts of the case and published these accusations:

Kamala Harris

@KamalaHarris
 Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.

8:24 AM - Aug 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
6,767 people are talking about this

Elizabeth Warren

@ewarren
 5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.

8:59 AM - Aug 9, 2019
35.1K people are talking about this

To demonstrate just how preposterous it is to accuse Wilson of murder, it’s worth revisiting the actual facts of the case, according to the best evidence available to the investigators. On August 9, 2014, Michael Brown and a friend were walking in the middle of the street shortly after Brown had stolen cigarillos from a local market and shoved away the store clerk when he tried to intervene.

NOW WATCH: 'Sanders Losing Ground in Straw Poll'

When Wilson first spotted Brown and his friend, he told them to walk on the sidewalk. He then realized that they matched the description of the theft suspects and blocked their path with his vehicle.

Wilson tried to open his door, but it either bounced off Brown or Brown slammed it shut. Brown then reached into the vehicle and started punching Wilson. As Wilson fended off the blows, he reached for his gun. Brown allegedly tried to take the gun from Wilson, and Wilson managed to get a shot off, injuring Brown in the hand. Eyewitnesses corroborated Wilson’s claims that Brown was reaching in the car, and these claims were further corroborated by “bruising on Wilson’s jaw and scratches on his neck, the presence of Brown’s DNA on Wilson’s collar, shirt, and pants, and Wilson’s DNA on Brown’s palm.”

Brown then started to run away. After a brief pause Wilson pursued, ordering Brown to stop. Brown then turned back to Wilson and started running toward him. According to the report, “several witnesses stated that Brown appeared to pose a physical threat to Wilson as he moved toward Wilson.” Wilson fired again, striking Brown several times, yet Brown kept moving toward Wilson until the final shot hit him in the head, killing him.

The report’s conclusion was crystal clear:

Given that Wilson’s account is corroborated by physical evidence and that his perception of a threat posed by Brown is corroborated by other eyewitnesses, to include aspects of the testimony of [Brown’s friend], there is no credible evidence that Wilson willfully shot Brown as he was attempting to surrender or was otherwise not posing a threat. [Emphasis added.]

The report flatly declared that Wilson “did not act with the requisite criminal intent.”

“No credible evidence” is a powerful statement, but if you read the report, it’s a powerful statement based not just on extensive forensic evidence but also on the courageous testimony of witnesses who feared reprisal for speaking the truth. One witness, a 58-year-old black male, told prosecutors that there were signs in the neighborhood that said “Snitches get stitches.” Yet he spoke the truth anyway. Other witnesses overcame their fears and spoke the truth.

How do we have confidence that they spoke the truth? Because, as the report notes, their statements “have been materially consistent, are consistent with the physical evidence, and . . . are mutually corroborative.”

To be sure, there were other witnesses. Some neither incriminated him nor fully corroborated him. And there was an entire category of witnesses whose accounts were “inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence,” the report noted, adding:

Some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible [or] otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media.

There are few more fraught issues in American public life than the question of police shootings — especially police shootings of black men. I’ve written about the issue time and time again and have come to believe not only that too many American police officers resort to deadly force too quickly but also that there is an unacceptable pro-police bias in our criminal-justice system. There is also evidence that race plays a more malignant role in policing than many of us hoped.

Indeed, while we must of course remember the DOJ’s report exonerating Darren Wilson, we should also remember that there was a second DOJ report in 2015 that found systematic misconduct at the Ferguson Police Department, misconduct that disproportionately affected Ferguson’s black citizens. I urge you to read both reports, and if you read the second report with an open mind, you’ll almost certainly come to believe that Ferguson’s black residents possessed legitimate grievances against their police department.

That’s the complicated nation we inhabit, but the complexity does not mean there aren’t simple obligations that attach to every politician, activist, and member of the media. And the simplest of those obligations is a commitment to the truth. We know that lies and falsehoods can cause riots. They can cause city blocks to burn. They can destroy a man’s life. At the very least, they can further embitter an already toxic public discourse. When issues are most fraught, the obligation of courageous, honest leadership is most imperative.

But Warren and Harris’s failure is more than a failure of leadership. The publication of a false accusation of a crime like murder is libelous under American law. In other words, their lies may well have been illegal. Democrats — especially Democrats who seek to address the very real challenges surrounding police violence in the United States — should demand better. Harris and Warren should do better. They should correct and retract their false statements. There is no excuse for their inflammatory lies.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/elizabeth-warren-kamala-harris-ferguson-michael-brown/

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: August 13, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »
Kamala Harris: Trump Didn’t Pull the Trigger in El Paso — But He Tweeted Out the Ammunition
PAM KEY
12 Aug 2019

Sunday in an interview with The Des Moines Register, 2020 presidential candidates Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) said President Donald Trump did not “pull the trigger,” at the mass shooting at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas but he has been “tweeting out the ammunition.”

Harris said, “I, as a prosecutor, I prosecuted hate crimes. As the Attorney General of California, where I ran the second largest Department Justice in the United States, I on an annual basis published the Hate Crime Report. So I will tell you this stuff is not new in our country. It certainly predates the election of Donald Trump, but it has also increased under Donald Trump. He has been fueling the flames of hate. I said recently on the issue of El Paso, you know, no, when people ask me is he responsible for these killings? Well no he obviously didn’t pull the trigger but he sure been tweeting out the ammunition.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/08/12/kamala-harris-trump-didnt-pull-the-trigger-in-el-paso-but-he-tweeted-out-the-ammunition/

This is crazy and dangerous use of a political platform. I guess if fake news can't get the job done get it straight from the appaloosa's mouth.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #646 on: August 13, 2019, 03:50:04 PM »
On Ferguson, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Told a Terrible Lie
By DAVID FRENCH
August 12, 2019

Their falsehoods were immoral, divisive, and quite possibly unlawful.

On Friday afternoon, two of the leading contenders in the Democratic presidential primary lied. There’s no other fair way to put it. They flat-out spread fiction, libeled an innocent man, and stoked American divisions — all for political gain.

Five years ago, a Ferguson, Mo., police officer named Darren Wilson shot a young black man named Michael Brown to death after an altercation in the street. False rumors about Brown’s death — namely that he was shot in cold blood while trying to surrender with his hands in the air — ignited violent protests in Missouri and revulsion across the United States.

“Hands up, don’t shoot” became a national rallying cry — until the Obama Department of Justice comprehensively and thoroughly debunked it in a lengthy report published on March 4, 2015. Writing in December of the same year, the Washington Post’s Glenn Kessler called the slogan one of “the biggest Pinocchios of the year.”

But Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren ignored the Obama DOJ. They blew straight through the facts of the case and published these accusations:

Kamala Harris

@KamalaHarris
 Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.

8:24 AM - Aug 9, 2019
6,767 people are talking about this

Elizabeth Warren

@ewarren
 5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.

8:59 AM - Aug 9, 2019
35.1K people are talking about this

To demonstrate just how preposterous it is to accuse Wilson of murder, it’s worth revisiting the actual facts of the case, according to the best evidence available to the investigators. On August 9, 2014, Michael Brown and a friend were walking in the middle of the street shortly after Brown had stolen cigarillos from a local market and shoved away the store clerk when he tried to intervene.

NOW WATCH: 'Sanders Losing Ground in Straw Poll'

When Wilson first spotted Brown and his friend, he told them to walk on the sidewalk. He then realized that they matched the description of the theft suspects and blocked their path with his vehicle.

Wilson tried to open his door, but it either bounced off Brown or Brown slammed it shut. Brown then reached into the vehicle and started punching Wilson. As Wilson fended off the blows, he reached for his gun. Brown allegedly tried to take the gun from Wilson, and Wilson managed to get a shot off, injuring Brown in the hand. Eyewitnesses corroborated Wilson’s claims that Brown was reaching in the car, and these claims were further corroborated by “bruising on Wilson’s jaw and scratches on his neck, the presence of Brown’s DNA on Wilson’s collar, shirt, and pants, and Wilson’s DNA on Brown’s palm.”

Brown then started to run away. After a brief pause Wilson pursued, ordering Brown to stop. Brown then turned back to Wilson and started running toward him. According to the report, “several witnesses stated that Brown appeared to pose a physical threat to Wilson as he moved toward Wilson.” Wilson fired again, striking Brown several times, yet Brown kept moving toward Wilson until the final shot hit him in the head, killing him.

The report’s conclusion was crystal clear:

Given that Wilson’s account is corroborated by physical evidence and that his perception of a threat posed by Brown is corroborated by other eyewitnesses, to include aspects of the testimony of [Brown’s friend], there is no credible evidence that Wilson willfully shot Brown as he was attempting to surrender or was otherwise not posing a threat. [Emphasis added.]

The report flatly declared that Wilson “did not act with the requisite criminal intent.”

“No credible evidence” is a powerful statement, but if you read the report, it’s a powerful statement based not just on extensive forensic evidence but also on the courageous testimony of witnesses who feared reprisal for speaking the truth. One witness, a 58-year-old black male, told prosecutors that there were signs in the neighborhood that said “Snitches get stitches.” Yet he spoke the truth anyway. Other witnesses overcame their fears and spoke the truth.

How do we have confidence that they spoke the truth? Because, as the report notes, their statements “have been materially consistent, are consistent with the physical evidence, and . . . are mutually corroborative.”

To be sure, there were other witnesses. Some neither incriminated him nor fully corroborated him. And there was an entire category of witnesses whose accounts were “inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence,” the report noted, adding:

Some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible [or] otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media.

There are few more fraught issues in American public life than the question of police shootings — especially police shootings of black men. I’ve written about the issue time and time again and have come to believe not only that too many American police officers resort to deadly force too quickly but also that there is an unacceptable pro-police bias in our criminal-justice system. There is also evidence that race plays a more malignant role in policing than many of us hoped.

Indeed, while we must of course remember the DOJ’s report exonerating Darren Wilson, we should also remember that there was a second DOJ report in 2015 that found systematic misconduct at the Ferguson Police Department, misconduct that disproportionately affected Ferguson’s black citizens. I urge you to read both reports, and if you read the second report with an open mind, you’ll almost certainly come to believe that Ferguson’s black residents possessed legitimate grievances against their police department.

That’s the complicated nation we inhabit, but the complexity does not mean there aren’t simple obligations that attach to every politician, activist, and member of the media. And the simplest of those obligations is a commitment to the truth. We know that lies and falsehoods can cause riots. They can cause city blocks to burn. They can destroy a man’s life. At the very least, they can further embitter an already toxic public discourse. When issues are most fraught, the obligation of courageous, honest leadership is most imperative.

But Warren and Harris’s failure is more than a failure of leadership. The publication of a false accusation of a crime like murder is libelous under American law. In other words, their lies may well have been illegal. Democrats — especially Democrats who seek to address the very real challenges surrounding police violence in the United States — should demand better. Harris and Warren should do better. They should correct and retract their false statements. There is no excuse for their inflammatory lies.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/elizabeth-warren-kamala-harris-ferguson-michael-brown/

The number of Dem candidates who choose truth over facts has increased by 200%.  :o

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: August 13, 2019, 04:04:04 PM »
Billionaire Tom Steyer has nearly spent his way to a spot in the third Democratic debate

Billionaire Tom Steyer's presidential campaign says it has reached the 130,000 donor threshold for the third 2020 Democratic presidential debate.

It leaves Steyer just one qualifying poll short of making the debate stage in Houston next month.

The former hedge-fund manager and activist has piled millions into both Facebook and television ads since he entered the presidential race last month.

After piling money into ads, billionaire Tom Steyer has hit the donor requirement for the next 2020 Democratic presidential debate, his campaign said Tuesday.

The former hedge-fund manager and activist reached the 130,000 individual donor mark required to make the debate stage in Houston next month. Steyer now needs to garner 2% of support in one more qualifying poll to join nine other Democrats in the debate. Candidates have until Aug. 28 to qualify.

Steyer, known for funneling millions of dollars into a push to impeach President Donald Trump, took a unique path to the cusp of qualifying for the debates. He entered the presidential race in July — months later than most of his rivals — pledging to spend $100 million of his own money on his bid. He then blanketed Facebook with ads — many of which urged supporters to donate $1 to his campaign.

Steyer's campaign shelled out $2.9 million on Facebook ads in the 30 days from July 13 to Aug. 11, according to the company's ads archive. The total nearly tripled the next biggest spender in the Democratic field — Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a New York Democrat whose campaign put just more than $1 million into Facebook ads during the same period.

If Steyer ends up making the debate stage, some of his rivals will likely target him as an example of the corrosive influence of money in politics. On Tuesday, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock — who is struggling to make the third debate — tweeted that Steyer spent millions "to buy his way onto the debate stage."

"But no matter what the [Democratic National Committee] says, money doesn't vote. People do," Bullock said. The Steyer campaign did not immediately respond to a request to comment on Bullock's criticism.

http://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/08/13/billionaire-tom-steyer-hits-donor-threshold-for-2020-democratic-debate.html

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: August 13, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
Depends on what you consider a warm welcome. If you go to a an event and only a couple of people will talk to you, it just doesn't seem like that warm a welcome. I guess you could argue that if the few he actually got to speak with warmly welcomed him this is somewhat redeeming. Honestly, I wouldn't expect Trump or any other politician for that matter to acknowledge when such a visit is a failure. It's just that Trump so often sees things through rose colored glasses when it suits him.
Seems there are plenty of pics of Trump at the hospital surrounded by smiling, happy people.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: August 13, 2019, 06:34:50 PM »

It’s not an “event” like a social event you moron, it’s a hospital visit to wounded shooting victims. Stick your warmly welcomed up your cock-ridden ass.

It is unbelievable that a complete lying retard like you would ever criticize someone for seeing the world through rose colored glasses. You are so far detached from reality and normal thought that you really should be put out of your misery. I cannot begin to understand why Ron even allows you to still have an account here, between your stupidity, non-sequiters, and your open trolling for cock.

I am feel sorrow and shame for your ex-wife. A day is coming soon where you will pay the piper for your deviant behavior.