Author Topic: X-Men: First Class  (Read 12363 times)

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
Re: X-Men: First Class
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 06:42:45 AM »
the age of metals is passing. magneto is as relevant as cast iron.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 06:43:09 AM »
hulk beat all the xmen at once did magneto ever do that?

magneto and hulk were already done with magneto winning.  secondly, it's still unk what magneto can do if he decided to manipulate the iron deposits in someone's blood, which he's never had to do because he always keeps a coin in his pocket which you can ask Sebastian Shaw about that one.  also, he could play games with your nervous system (electro-magnetic) e.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 09:44:25 AM »
Anyone noticed that they gradually stopped using a number for sequels and instead adds a ":" and a subtitle?
smart observation.

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
magneto and hulk were already done with magneto winning.  secondly, it's still unk what magneto can do if he decided to manipulate the iron deposits in someone's blood, which he's never had to do because he always keeps a coin in his pocket which you can ask Sebastian Shaw about that one.  also, he could play games with your nervous system (electro-magnetic) e.

u have a link to the magneto hulk fight...I have never heard of hulk losing to magneto...

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 01:29:25 PM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
u have a link to the magneto hulk fight...I have never heard of hulk losing to magneto...

nope, just take my word.  the only person beats magneto is xavier when the helmet comes off, just like he did when magneto removed wolverine's skeleton.  not sure why they have phoenix rated higher

force field withstood a point blank 10 megaton warhead.

if he was cruel enough he could attack you at the molecular level or shot circuit your body's electrical system.

who can do this?

Lord Magneto  >:(

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
nope, just take my word.  the only person beats magneto is xavier when the helmet comes off, just like he did when magneto removed wolverine's skeleton.  not sure why they have phoenix rated higher

if he was cruel enough he could attack you at the molecular level or shot circuit your body's electrical system.

who can do this?

Lord Magneto  >:(

oh my!

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
nope, just take my word.  the only person beats magneto is xavier when the helmet comes off, just like he did when magneto removed wolverine's skeleton.  not sure why they have phoenix rated higher

who can do this?

Lord Magneto  >:(

Im taking WWH in the fight i did some research and googled hulk vs magnito...visited about 5 different comicbook forums on the subject...some very interesting arguments from both sides...Magneto to my knowledge has never fought hulk...and he might have bested old school hulk but WWH is a whole different story...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »
my bad... i thought you were referring to charles darwin.  didn't realize there was an x-man darwin as well.

rofl

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »
Parker,

B/t urban models, old school jams, BMW's, bodybuilders and now comic superheros you have the widest range of hobbies I've ever seen! :o
Thanks, I am now making a walking cane, have it sanded down, Mr. Nobody was tellng me I need to finish it up...

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 01:21:43 AM »
kevin bacon was awesome

why did he leave the white queen in jail?

having too much fun with angel?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »
I grew up reading X-men comics and this was solid entertainment!  My only complaint is that they had Xavier and Eric part ways at the end of this film (and Xavier getting crippled) too soon; that should have happened one or two more films down the road.  Seeing Xavier and Eric working together was way cool and true to the original comics.  Though always cast as a villain, the comics make it clear that Magneto is not evil, money hungry, etc.  As a child of the Holocaust his sole motivation in life is to see to it that mutants do not experience a similar genocide.

At one point Magneto was supposed to get his own “X-Men Origins: Magneto” film that showed in depth how he tracked down those who murdered his family and how he met Xavier.  The script of this latest film suggests that Magneto’s origin movie has been scrapped and folded into First Class.

Storm is also supposed to get her own Origins film.  I hope that still happens.

He is a good actor and played the part well, but physically Kevin Bacon is not Sebastian Shaw.  The comics render Shaw as a mature muscle guy…. Someone like Clarence Bass, Ed Parker, or even Gary Strydom (without the toupee).

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »
Team Charles or Team Erik?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=42105

Details of the release date and special features have been unveiled, as well as the awesome new cover art as well as the "Team Charles" and "Team Erik" t-shirt's available exclusively at Comic Con...
Crave Online have unveiled the following artwork from the upcoming release of X-Men: First Class on DVD and Blu-ray. Oh, and when will that be you may ask? September 9th! The site also mention some pretty intriguing special features such as, "...ten X-Men Digital comics including a never-before-seen backstory comic, and a Cerebro Mutant Tracker which is an interactive video database of all those in the X-Men films." Oh, and how about those awesome t-shirt's below? Well, Fox will be giving the first 1,000 fans to pre-order their Blu-ray or DVD copy of the movie at the San Diego Comic-Con one of these for free, showing their support for either "Team Charles" or "Team Erik."

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=45036

Deleted Scene From X-Men: First Class Sees Michael Fassbender In Drag!
In this funny deleted-or rather extended scene from First Class we see how Xavier demonstrates his power to Angel Salvadore..
If you were wondering why only Erik demonstrated his power to Angel in that strip club scene from X-Men: First Class it's because the rest of the scene, in which Charles also shows the young Mutant what he can do, wound up on the cutting room floor.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 07:33:39 AM »
Cute!  That should have been in the movie!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
Awesome Brazilian Blu-Ray Cover For X-Men: First Class!
Check out this awesome box art for the Brazilian Blu-Ray release of the recent mutant movie, X-Men: First Class, that also includes a collector book!
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS unveils the epic beginning of the X-Men saga – and a secret history of the Cold War and our world at the brink of nuclear Armageddon. As the first class discovers, harnesses, and comes to terms with their formidable powers, alliances are formed that will shape the eternal war between the heroes and villains of the X-Men universe.

Plus there is a description of what comes in with the Blu-Ray as a bonus:

-An Exclusive collector book with the art of evolution: With 40 pages of the art production, set photos, scenery illustrations and a lot more!
-Over 4 hours of first class bonus, including Cerebro - The Mutant Tracker.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Lucaxmen/news/?a=45878

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 11:19:29 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=49211

Actor Jason Flemyng On An X-Men: First Class Sequel And The Bad Blood Between Sean Connery And Director Stephen Norrington
Actor Jason Flemyng gave us a quiet but dazzling performance as Azazel in X-Men: First Class . He has some very specific info about a First Class sequel and some humorous reflections on his lengthy career. Check it out.

Source: Empire

Participating in a live chat with fans courtesy of Empire Magazine, the talented Jason Flemyng discussed X-Men: First Class, The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, and the difference between Guy Ritchie and Matthew Vaughn.

@JonasRJakobsen: "Loved you in First Class! You had the most interesting fight scenes I must say. Any plans for a sequel that you know of?"

FLEMYNG: I’d love to do a sequel. We shot enough fight sequences to do an Azazel fight movie. But I don’t think that’s going to happen. The film had to take $350 million worldwide to merit a sequel. It took $356 million, so watch this space...

@Nadinehamsbrook: "What was it like being a 'superhero/mutant' in X-Men? Did you feel pressure becoming a part of a huge franchise?"

FLEMYNG: I didn’t really understand what I was getting into. I’d done a lot of comic book adaptations like LXG and From Hell and Stardust etc. etc. etc. But nothing can prepare you for the fans that love the X-Men films. Having said that, I don’t think Azazel is one of their favourite characters. Hopefully my performance and the new film might change that.

@AlexBrown66: "Were the bust-ups between Sean Connery and the director Stephen Norrington as bad as they've been made out to be?"

FLEMYNG: They were worse. They were worse. You know that feeling when someone in your class is getting told off, and your toes curl in your black Clarks shoes? That’s how it was every day. My favourite bust-up was on the set of Venice. The League had to walk from Captain Nemo’s boat, the Nautilus, down the street, Magnificent Seven-style. At the end of the take, Sean shouted out to Norrington, “What? You want us to do that again?” Norrington replied, “For $18 million, I don’t think it’s too much to ask you to walk down a road.” To which Connery’s reply is unprintable.

@AndrewWards: Dam 140 characters. "What are the different characteristics of [Guy] Ritchie and [Matthew] Vaughn?"

FLEMYNG: Ritchie. Talented, fast, exciting, easily bored. Vaughn. Incredibly hard-working, great taste, ego-less.

@Carl_Denham:"Any dream part?

FLEMYNG: It’s probably Spartacus. I just grew up watching that film, I can’t get enough of it.

@Littlestar300: "If you could play one other comic-book superhero who would it be and why?"

FLEMYNG: I was an old punk, so I love The Watchmen. That’s what I really wanted to do, because he was an anarchist. I don’t really read comics. Now I’ve just had twins, I’m going to start buying The Beano again. So in answer to your question, Plug from The Bash Street Kids.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:19 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ComicMovieBuzz/news/?a=49357

Simon Kinberg To Write X-Men: First Class Sequel
SuperHeroHype has learned that Simon Kinberg, who was a co-writer on 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2009's Sherlock Holmes will pen the script for the sequel to X-Men: First Class. Hit the jump for more info...

SuperHeroHype has learned that Simon Kinberg will be writing the script for the as yet untitled X-Men: First Class sequel.

You may not know him by name - but this guy has a history with the X-Men movies..

SuperHeroHype has learned that Simon Kinberg is writing the sequel to 20th Century Fox's X-Men: First Class, which has earned over $350 million since opening in theaters this June.

Kinberg produced the first film and was a writer on X-Men: The Last Stand. His other writing credits include Mr. & Mrs Smith, Jumper, Sherlock Holmes and the upcoming This Means War and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He is a producer on the latter two as well and is a producer on Neill Blomkamp's next, Elysium.

So - as the co-writer of the slammed X-Men: The Last Stand, but the well received (certainly by most) Sherlock Holmes - what can we expect from Simon Kinberg?