Author Topic: Six Billion Dollar Man  (Read 731 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Six Billion Dollar Man
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
Inflation...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49901

Bryan Singer to Direct Six Billion Dollar Man with Leonardo DiCaprio?
Latino Review is reporting that Bryan Singer has approached Leonardo DiCaprio about playing the lead in the film adaptation of 1970's television show, Six Million Dollar Man.

According to the Latino Review the Weinsteins are trying once again to bring the Bionic man to the silver screen. They have been trying to make a film version of the classic 1970's television show for over a decade, but have been unsuccessful thus far.

As of right now, Latino Review says that Bryan Singer is the director of choice, and he has talked to Leonardo DiCaprio about playing the lead role of Steve Austin. A role that was made famous by Lee Majors in the television show. But DiCaprio won't sign on until he has had a chance to read the script, which is a shrewd move for the A-Lister.

What makes the information even more tantalizing is that the film won't be will be based on Martin Caidin's novel, Cyborg. Which is the original source material that Six Million Dollar Man, and the spin-off Bionic Woman came from.

So I can exclusively reveal that the Weinsteins are making a deal jointly with Universal to make a movie out of THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN. Do you care? I said do you care? I didn’t think so. A mi no me importa tambien.

Pero it’s important to note that that the Weinsteins have been trying to make this movie for ELEVEN years. ONCE MALDITO ANOS! At one point it was a comedy with Jim Carrey. And I think New Line is still active on a script called THE FORTY THOUSAND DOLLAR MAN. But this won’t stop those clever cholos known as the Weinsteins. They told the Walt Disney Company to [frick] off y que se mama un bicho and look how well that turned out!

So anyway the new version is gonna be called THE SIX BILLION DOLLAR MAN (inflation) and is based on a book called CYBORG by Martin Caidin.

Bryan Singer is gonna direct this sure to be classic masterpiece. The guys that wrote his new movie JACK AND THE BEANSTALK (I know it isn’t really called that ) are lining up to write the film. And I know that Bryan has had conversations with Leonardo DiCaprio to be the star of this pedaso de mierda! From what I understand Harvey Weinstein also gave Leo a reacharound on the project. Our Leo no es un pendejo and is a smart guy though and wants to wait and read a script.

So for all of you kids who remember the show where the guy runs fast only in slow motion (genius!) hold your breath and wait for this to happen. I know I am !
- Latino Review

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Six Billion Dollar Man
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:38:13 PM »
loved the original series when i was a kid.