Author Topic: Lee Preist's last shot - YOU CAN HELP!  (Read 53368 times)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Lee Preist's last shot - YOU CAN HELP!
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2007, 11:47:50 PM »
I'm sorry, are people no longer responsible for their own actions anymore?

The athlete's rep, defending the IFBB, and not the athlete.  Wow.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2007, 11:51:20 PM »
I noticed the same thing for ever it seems...IFBB REP definetely not Lee Priest fan.....keep sucking away Bob , maybe they will reward u with a nice position in the hierarchy of ancient lizzards with homoerotic customs. How much are we willing to spread our ass ckicks as humans to make dough ?  :-\

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2007, 11:55:47 PM »
What you're looking at is the "Code of Conduct"...it is entirely different from the rules of the IFBB...

Here is what you're looking for , conveiniently found under "RULES"

1.6 Membership in Other Organizations:
Once accepted as a Member of the Pro League, no Athlete, Judge or Official will
hold membership in any other professional bodybuilding, fitness or figure
organization; nor will that Member participate in, promote or endorse in any
capacity whatsoever their activities, failing which the Member may be fined,
suspended or expelled.

It just seems like they punished him, then decided to do it again.

They told him he was suspended for a year.  He served his year.

Then they told him it was forever.

That could have messed up his planning.  Why make him LOSE $ by not competing elsewhere for that year?  That's bullshit and a lot of normal fans, and real pros, recognize this.  They wanted him to diss PDI and SIT OUT for a year, which he did.  Only then, they said "thanks for doing that - but now we decided to ban you forever"

Chic, I thought you were a better man than to defend a stall tactic designed to hurt Lee's options.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »
I still think letting Lee back in would be an attendance/revenue booster.

=/

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2007, 11:58:50 PM »
You thought wrong. Chick will act on behalf of IFBB and NOT THE ATHLETES. tHAT'S THAT AND WHATEVER U SAY cHICK , YOUR ACTIONS AND WORDS SPEAK CLEAR ABOUT WHO U PLAY FOR.

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2007, 12:01:47 AM »
hahahahaha

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2007, 12:07:27 AM »
Yes, Lee has made it quite clear that he absolutely despises the IFBB!  His hatred for this organisation is well documented.

Lil' Lee will continue to play 'mindgames' with the hierarchy; he enjoys the attention.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2007, 03:12:27 AM »
So the conclusion is that the IFBB has personal "issues" with Lee....cant be explained in another way.....Lee has done his suspension ONE whole year! Don't mess up with the fans....... >:(

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2007, 07:34:14 AM »
Hey, Lee said he can't stand the Rules of the IFBB and so he chose to leave. He got suspended when he tried to come back after crapping on the Weiders, Robin, AMI and everyone else associated with the industry.
He's grown, matured and is now a Man on an Island without the PDI, which we all said would happen.
That said, he will have to apply for re-instatement, wait in line and see what happens.
Unfortunately for Lee, you simply can't SHIT where you Eat and later expect Desert when your bellies full.  :-\
Too bad the PDI thingy didn't work out :'(
End of story.
S. Ray

Nice post Shawn... Right on the money... Lee made the decisions he did and now must suffer the consequences...

FOR REAL

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2007, 07:45:19 AM »
A lot of people (bob, shawn and his gimmicks) are missing the point.  They suspended him for a specific period of time, one year.  He served his year, now they tell him "oh, we were just kidding...  really it was an indefinite or maybe lifetime suspension, we'll let you know."  Changing the rules midstream or making shit up as you go along is total bullshit.  If they had handed down an indefinite or lifetime ban to begin with then shawn and bob's arguments could be considered, but 12 months should mean 12 months... what the IFBB is doing is complete crap.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
A lot of people (bob, shawn and his gimmicks) are missing the point.  They suspended him for a specific period of time, one year.  He served his year, now they tell him "oh, we were just kidding...  really it was an indefinite or maybe lifetime suspension, we'll let you know."  Changing the rules midstream or making shit up as you go along is total bullshit.  If they had handed down an indefinite or lifetime ban to begin with then shawn and bob's arguments could be considered, but 12 months should mean 12 months... what the IFBB is doing is complete crap.

agreed.  it's mickey mouse hour when you add new punishments for no reason.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2007, 08:19:56 AM »
Chick, who are the current THUGS in the IFBB making these all important decisions?

I aint assuming shit...you are. The IFBB isn't basing their decision on his fan base...if he cared that about his 10 million fans, he never would have left to begin with...

He was suspended for a year...then you have to submit to be reinstated...he was turned down.

No one said he is banned forever...just you.

If they wanted to get technical, they could have just moved his suspension date to the last infraction, which would have been the last NOC show he did overseas anyway...

Bottom line is, he wanted out... and out he got.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2007, 08:41:32 AM »
Perhaps this is above many of you to comprehend....no one has changed the ruling.

When you are suspended (especially in this case, where the suspension was longer than the membership)...you aren't just let back in as you aren't a member any longer.

No different than any other member who sends in their renewel every year, it's not automatic that you are accepted.

ALL Lee had was an opportunity to have his case heard and APPLY for a IFBB card...he was turned down.

In 99.9% of the applications is just a matter of going through the motions and sending in your renewel fee....In Lee's case, they obviously felt like he was given a chance and turned it down...(which he did).

corinth

• Getbig IV
  • Team Wolf
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
Perhaps this is above many of you to comprehend....no one has changed the ruling.

When you are suspended (especially in this case, where the suspension was longer than the membership)...you aren't just let back in as you aren't a member any longer.

No different than any other member who sends in their renewel every year, it's not automatic that you are accepted.

ALL Lee had was an opportunity to have his case heard and APPLY for a IFBB card...he was turned down.

In 99.9% of the applications is just a matter of going through the motions and sending in your renewel fee....In Lee's case, they obviously felt like he was given a chance and turned it down...(which he did).

Chick, how often can Lee apply for reinstatement?  Is it every six months, once a year?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »

That's just semantics.  The reality is they led him (and the fans) to believe one thing, then changed it up at the eleventh hour.

Frank.T

• Getbig II
Re: A pretty girl asked me to do something today...
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2007, 08:53:59 AM »
ill sign,  if you school me on why he was banned

i will sign it no matter why he was banned for....one of my favorite BB of all times and thats it.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2007, 08:57:20 AM »

Chick why aren't you fighting for Lee?  Aren't you the athletes rep?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2007, 08:59:58 AM »
Imagine a chemist  leaving COKE , bad mouthing them and getting a job at another drink company that does not make it very big. Fearing the enevitable "lay off" he tries to get his old job back.
Are they under any obligation to hire him back ? NO!

Here's what I hate about the IFBB...  they want to be a "sports federation" when it suits them and is convenient for them, but in other situations they want to act like a "private company" with "employees".

They can't have it both ways.  If they want to act like a private company with the right to hire and fire on a whim, fine, be a private company.  But then stop trying to put yourselves out there like you're some impartial non-profit sporting governing body like those that real sports have when you're not.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2007, 09:02:22 AM »

Here's what I hate about the IFBB...  they want to be a "sports federation" when it suits them and is convenient for them, but in other situations they want to act like a "private company" with "employees".

They can't have it both ways.  If they want to act like a private company with the right to hire and fire on a whim, fine, be a private company.  But then stop trying to put yourselves out there like you're some impartial non-profit sporting governing body like those that real sports have when you're not.

LOL! Imagine if the NBA didn't let Jordan back after his stint in baseball  ;D
just not good enough

Mons Venus

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2007, 09:03:02 AM »

B-I-N-G-O   :)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2007, 09:06:06 AM »
You know, it just occurred to me...  I wonder if Lee could use that?  Demillia made it clear that PDI was NOT a sporting organization or federation, but a private company providing bodybuilding entertainment. So basically, Lee was taking a job with a private company, not "competing" in a "rival federation".

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2007, 09:08:18 AM »

That's just semantics.  The reality is they led him (and the fans) to believe one thing, then changed it up at the eleventh hour.

Nothing was changed....

No one led him, (or you) to believe anything other than what YOU perceived to be the facts....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »
You know, it just occurred to me...  I wonder if Lee could use that?  Demillia made it clear that PDI was NOT a sporting organization or federation, but a private company providing bodybuilding entertainment. So basically, Lee was taking a job with a private company, not "competing" in a "rival federation".

Boy...NOW who's talking semantics?

Perhaps the phrase "cannot participate in" might give you a clue as to why this wouldn't work...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2007, 09:16:34 AM »
Boy...NOW who's talking semantics?

Perhaps the phrase "cannot participate in" might give you a clue as to why this wouldn't work...

The phrase "bodybuilding organization" implies a sporting federation such as the IFBB, not a private company providing entertaimnent.  Sure it's semantics, but it might be the basis of an argument if Lee wanted to sue.  Again it goes back to the IFBB wanting to change hats between being a private company or a nonprofit sports federation depending on the situation.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2007, 09:46:40 AM »

NO BOB I HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED BEFORE 2 TIMES ACTUALLY AND  A FINE ...AND ALWAYS ONCE TIME WAS UP LET BACK IN NO PROBLEM..THIS IS MORE PERSONAL ...SO STOP ACTING   LIKE IT ISNT......I WAS ALWAYS A MEMBER EVEN WHEN SUSPENDED............