Author Topic: Shaq on the trading block  (Read 3486 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Shaq on the trading block
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 08:11:30 PM »
 :)

The steal, er, deal that envious execs and media types can't stop talking about -- Gasol for none of the Lakers' top 10 players -- was summed up best in all of three words by Dallas' Avery Johnson: ''Merry Christmas, L.A.''

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 05:14:23 PM »
Watched the Miami/L.A. game today and have to say the Heat look MUCH better with Marion and without Shaq.  They were running like the Suns, except they couldn't hit as many shots.  Marion will be a huge help.

Gasol fits in perfectly with the Lakers.  They will be a title contender when Bynum returns.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »
Watched the Miami/L.A. game today and have to say the Heat look MUCH better with Marion and without Shaq.  They were running like the Suns, except they couldn't hit as many shots.  Marion will be a huge help.

Gasol fits in perfectly with the Lakers.  They will be a title contender when Bynum returns.
miami had a lot of fight in them, But Dwayne wade leads the league in Turnovers, he had 9 today, he needs to pace himself, i can guarantee the more they try a run and gun offense the more turnovers he will get, anyway i give the heat 5 more games before i make my GETBIG NBA analyst Report card....

Oh yeah the lakers are looking good beachbum :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
miami had a lot of fight in them, But Dwayne wade leads the league in Turnovers, he had 9 today, he needs to pace himself, i can guarantee the more they try a run and gun offense the more turnovers he will get, anyway i give the heat 5 more games before i make my GETBIG NBA analyst Report card....

Oh yeah the lakers are looking good beachbum :)

Wade definitely needs to do a better job of protecting the ball, but he's still one of the best players in the league.  I know it's too soon to say that Marion will absolutely be a great addition, but they sure looked like a different team today. 

I say the Lakers make it out of the first round this year.   :)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »
Wade definitely needs to do a better job of protecting the ball, but he's still one of the best players in the league.  I know it's too soon to say that Marion will absolutely be a great addition, but they sure looked like a different team today. 

I say the Lakers make it out of the first round this year.   :)
Marion grabbed many boards today, great talent, if alonzo was still available the heat would be a force, but he aint there, haslem is out, there's not frontcourt, i really hope for wades sake they tank some games and get that 1st pick in the draft.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 09:09:28 PM »
Marion grabbed many boards today, great talent, if alonzo was still available the heat would be a force, but he aint there, haslem is out, there's not frontcourt, i really hope for wades sake they tank some games and get that 1st pick in the draft.

Remember the team with the worst record doesn't always win the lottery. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
Remember the team with the worst record doesn't always win the lottery. 
Yeah i know, but they have the best chance

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

So Bynum and Gasol will be on the floor at the same time? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »
So Bynum and Gasol will be on the floor at the same time? 

Yep. Gasol will slide to the 4 and Odom will play the 3. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
marion is playing ok for the heat, notice that he cant crete his own play off the dribble?? he was spoiled by nash, he hould get better, his been rebounding like crazy though

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 09:07:55 PM »
Suns just lost to the Sixers in Phoenix.  Gave up 119 points.  Now 2 and 4 since the Snack trade.  Six points, five rebounds, and a block in this game. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 11:37:35 PM »
Suns just lost to the Sixers in Phoenix.  Gave up 119 points.  Now 2 and 4 since the Snack trade.  Six points, five rebounds, and a block in this game. 
DAMN, steve kerr must have his phone off at the moment, its not Shaq's fault though, Hill, barbosa have been shooting poorly, and nash, hill and barbosa's defense is disgustingly weak, there 5th in the west at the moment, looks like a 1st round exit. :'( :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »
DAMN, steve kerr must have his phone off at the moment, its not Shaq's fault though, Hill, barbosa have been shooting poorly, and nash, hill and barbosa's defense is disgustingly weak, there 5th in the west at the moment, looks like a 1st round exit. :'( :'(

I'd partly blame Shaq for this.  He's less productive than Marion.  They made a huge miscalculation.  They brought Shaq in to play defense, even though he was never a good defender and quit playing defense altogether about 2 or 3 years ago.  He doesn't command the double team anymore either.

Also, Nash, Barbosa, and Stoudemire didn't play D before Shaq arrived.  Marion was a good defender, along with Bell. 

They're in real trouble.       

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
I'd partly blame Shaq for this.  He's less productive than Marion.  They made a huge miscalculation.  They brought Shaq in to play defense, even though he was never a good defender and quit playing defense altogether about 2 or 3 years ago.  He doesn't command the double team anymore either.

Also, Nash, Barbosa, and Stoudemire didn't play D before Shaq arrived.  Marion was a good defender, along with Bell. 

They're in real trouble.       

Yeah there is real shit now since they lost to philly

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »
Suns just lost their third consecutive home game.  Now four games behind the Lakers in the Pacific.  I'm so glad they made that trade.   :) 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2008, 12:16:59 PM »
whats wrong with them, shaq is rebunding well, is the perimeterdefense that bad???? even miami does not give up that many points

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
Shaq is grabbing garbage defensive rebounds.  His offensive rebound numbers are pretty low.  He's not playing good defense and the rest of the Suns team doesn't play D (except for Bell).  They were better off with Marion. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Shaq is grabbing garbage defensive rebounds.  His offensive rebound numbers are pretty low.  He's not playing good defense and the rest of the Suns team doesn't play D (except for Bell).  They were better off with Marion. 
they need defence ASAP

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »
Have to admit Shaq looked good today against the Spurs.  He could only play about 5 or 6 minutes at a time though.

The Suns do not look like a championship team.   

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
Have to admit Shaq looked good today against the Spurs.  He could only play about 5 or 6 minutes at a time though.

The Suns do not look like a championship team.   
they dont, but i wouldnt consider Houston a champion team either, but when May starts its a clean slate, all the suns have to do is recover on D quicker, And shaqs been a great rebounder, almost 16 rebs a game since the trade..i just dont know who is going to stop Kobe or lebron, they have being on fire as of late.