Author Topic: Bo sox resign ws mvp Mike Lowell (3 yrs - 37 million)  (Read 4318 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Squishy face retard

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Bo sox resign ws mvp Mike Lowell (3 yrs - 37 million)
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3133598

I would trade Lester, Crisp and Lowrie for Santana so fast their hats would fly off their heads. If the Sox get him, and keep Ellsbury and Buckholtz they will go on a Yankee like A.L. East run.

body88

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »
If the redsox can get Santana for the deal specified they will have the best pitching staff in baseball by far. Coupled with the youth movement they will have improved a team that was already the best in the MLB in 07.

If this goes down Minn should ban trades with Boston. First Ortiz, then Moss, Then KG and now MAYBE Santana.

Doubt the yanks let this go down.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 10:45:15 PM »
the yanks and more importantly george steinbrenner cant let this go down...becuase with santana our rotation is full of aces....which means damn near impossible to strategize around in lets say a seven game series (ALCS)...so there is no way...dont get me wrong i am die hard sox all the way and i would give up crisp and lester and a young pitcher like masterson  for santana but come on....and yourright body if this does happen some sports commisioner somewhere is going to shit down all minnesota deals with boston...

body88

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 04:28:55 AM »
the yanks and more importantly george steinbrenner cant let this go down...becuase with santana our rotation is full of aces....which means damn near impossible to strategize around in lets say a seven game series (ALCS)...so there is no way...dont get me wrong i am die hard sox all the way and i would give up crisp and lester and a young pitcher like masterson  for santana but come on....and yourright body if this does happen some sports commisioner somewhere is going to shit down all minnesota deals with boston...

Think about this. That would give us two Cy Young Candidates throwing from either side of the plate on consecutive nights.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 06:07:51 AM »
yea but what about cy young winners?? i mean that is something in and of itself...the one thing i will say negaive about santana is that i did happen to catch maybe 5 or 6 games he pitched in and he was either spectacular or he looked like he belonged in single A ball but he is good and effective and although as i stated i am a crisp fan i would still make moves for the deal....the other aspect niether team can afford to let him go to the other team...so therefore.....i hope he goes to the fuckin braves

body88

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 06:48:54 AM »
yea but what about cy young winners?? i mean that is something in and of itself...the one thing i will say negaive about santana is that i did happen to catch maybe 5 or 6 games he pitched in and he was either spectacular or he looked like he belonged in single A ball but he is good and effective and although as i stated i am a crisp fan i would still make moves for the deal....the other aspect niether team can afford to let him go to the other team...so therefore.....i hope he goes to the fuckin braves

I agree. Although we dont need him as bad as the Yankees do. It would be a huge blow to let him go there.

To have a big three of Becket , Santana and Dice, with Buckholz Schill and Wakefield as the 4th and fifth starters would be scary. Just a plain old Nasty rotation.

body88

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »
What about Dan Herren from Oak. He was lights out last year. He will be available. I wonder if Herren is the sox man and they are driving up the price for Santana to force the Yankees to give away half there farm for him?

Hmmmmm.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 06:50:30 AM »
What about Dan Herren from Oak. He was lights out last year. He will be available. I wonder if Herren is the sox man and they are driving up the price for Santana to force the Yankees to give away half there farm for him?

Hmmmmm.

Could be the case.

I keep hearing Haren will be available, and I just don't understand why.  He's still a few years away from FA, which is EXACTLY the type of player Billy Beane needs to compete with his payroll.  Unless he's planning on blowing up his team for two years and starting over.

He's also one of the toughest GMs in baseball, and won't get taken.  He'll ask for the moon.

I agree with all the above Santana stuff, Yanks need him more and CANNOT let him go to Boston.  I'm still not sure if Boston's serious or not.  C'mon Dodgers, get in here and take this guy.  Hopefully the rumors that he'll only pitch on the East coast are untrue.

Y

body88

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »
Could be the case.

I keep hearing Haren will be available, and I just don't understand why.  He's still a few years away from FA, which is EXACTLY the type of player Billy Beane needs to compete with his payroll.  Unless he's planning on blowing up his team for two years and starting over.

He's also one of the toughest GMs in baseball, and won't get taken.  He'll ask for the moon.

I agree with all the above Santana stuff, Yanks need him more and CANNOT let him go to Boston.  I'm still not sure if Boston's serious or not.  C'mon Dodgers, get in here and take this guy.  Hopefully the rumors that he'll only pitch on the East coast are untrue.

Who knows really. I just cant see the Yankees letting him go to Boston for the package Boston is offering. There has to be something more going on here.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 11:21:02 AM »
im with you i think duquette is trying to strike shit up for the yanks to bite because he knows that they know they need him more....hes got somethin brewing which is fantastic and exactly what i love about the red sox and their rivlary with yanks

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 11:51:22 AM »
If the redsox can get Santana for the deal specified they will have the best pitching staff in baseball by far. Coupled with the youth movement they will have improved a team that was already the best in the MLB in 07.

If this goes down Minn should ban trades with Boston. First Ortiz, then Moss, Then KG and now MAYBE Santana.

Doubt the yanks let this go down.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3138088

Twins want Ellsbury.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3138088

Twins want Ellsbury.

True but it is not Ellsbury and Lester. It is one of the two , not both. I don't know about this one. Dan Herron is available also. Not sure if the sox are driving up the price as high as they can so the Yankees have to give up a lot.

Herron would be a tremendous addition to the sox rotation also.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2007, 05:30:03 PM »
True but it is not Ellsbury and Lester. It is one of the two , not both. I don't know about this one. Dan Herron is available also. Not sure if the sox are driving up the price as high as they can so the Yankees have to give up a lot.

Herron would be a tremendous addition to the sox rotation also.

Haren's going to cost a lot.  Billy Beane is incredibly shrewd.

I agree that we really don't know what's up here.  A package of Hughes/Cabrerra still trumps Lester/Ellsbury, due to Hughes' higher upside.  Unless, of course, the  Twins value Ellsbury much more than we think.  I don't think the Yankees can go higher than Hughes/Cabrerra.
Y

body88

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
Haren's going to cost a lot.  Billy Beane is incredibly shrewd.

I agree that we really don't know what's up here.  A package of Hughes/Cabrerra still trumps Lester/Ellsbury, due to Hughes' higher upside.  Unless, of course, the  Twins value Ellsbury much more than we think.  I don't think the Yankees can go higher than Hughes/Cabrerra.

Who knows really. Harren would cost a lot , but I dont think he would cost as much as Santana. The sox said they would not give up both Lester and Ellsbury.

Why does the hughes package trump Lester and Ellsbury? Jocobe and Lester proved themselves in the biggest stage there is. The twins could very well value Ellsbury very high. I would not be shocked , the kid is going to be a star.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »

Who knows really. Harren would cost a lot , but I dont think he would cost as much as Santana. The sox said they would not give up both Lester and Ellsbury.

Why does the hughes package trump Lester and Ellsbury? Jocobe and Lester proved themselves in the biggest stage there is. The twins could very well value Ellsbury very high. I would not be shocked , the kid is going to be a star.

I say that because of the projections I've seen of the two players.  Yes, right now, Lester has a better MLB track record, but Hughes' projections are to be a #1, whereas Lester doesn't.

It's taking nothing away from Ellsbury, I'm just going by a number one starter being extremely coveted.

ALTHOUGH, the Twins may like Ellsbury beyond just what he brings to the field.  He's native American, and Minny has a higher concentration of those than other states, so they may look at it as a fan draw.

Lastest rumors having Santana staying put.  Who knows?
Y