Author Topic: I hate espn  (Read 2493 times)

body88

I hate espn
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:07:14 AM »
Network had turned into a total circus. I go to the NFL network for my NFL news around the league. What is this who's hot who's not garbage on espn? How about pti and all those other crap shows? I used to like Tony Kornheiser. His act is old now tho. Wilbon is a hater. Never liked him much. Most the analysts on espn seem not to know much about the teams they are breaking down. All about the shock value now.

On a side note, I enjoy jaws game film breakdowns. Other then that, and the funny commercials ( Walllyyy hey Walllyyyyy!!!!) espn sucks now.

Discuss the many flaws of this disgusting disgrace to sports coverage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: I hate espn
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 11:15:10 AM »
They are still the only game in town.  I only watch bits and pieces of ESPN News.  ESPN Classic is the greatest channel on TV IMO.   

Now, I really hate the website.  Darn near everything is "Insider."  I refuse to pay.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:16:21 AM »
They cater to what the public wants. That "who's now" thing was terrible. I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of sportscenter in the last month.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »
I'm old enough to remember Sunday football on CBS with Brent, Irv and Jimmy 'the Greek"....

Football was a joy to watch.  No bells and whistles.  No Hee Haw pregame show.  No Bullshit.

Just a game by game analysis with each facet of the game broken by down by position and rated.

I miss that immensely.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
I have to agree, it's gotten horrible and I also get all my updates from NFL Network now.

I agree I also like how Jaws and some of the other guys they have on NFL Live break down plays to the T. I love stuff like that.

Cold Pizza needs to be off the air along with that Around the Horn garbage. Matter of fact they need to just scrap all the shows except nfl live and go back to showing bodyshaping and fitness with gerard or who ever that dude was back in the day instead of making shows up that suck.

Go back to showing the monster trucks and truck and tractor pulling around 3-4pm or something LOL 

;D ;D ;D. I'm shocked they still have boxing though. Surprised they didn't scratch that off and put "the making of espn" or something in it's place.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 12:57:55 PM »
I usually don't even watch regular Espn anymore but I do watch their all day news channel.it shows nothing but highlights and analysis no other stuff.
the one thing i do like about sportcenter now is that they show you what highlights are coming on next.

I'm a serious weekend hacker so I watch the golf channel alot :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:28:21 PM »
ESPN sucks.

Their so called "baseball experts" are so easy to prove incorrect by simply looking at the numbers.
Y

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 03:29:46 PM »
I can deal with Wilbon and Kornhieser, but why they keep Skip Bayless on in the morning is way beyond me,that idiot is the definition of a bitch

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »
I still really like pti and enjoy around the horn but it was much better when max kellerman hosted

that who's now thing was kind of strange

I know the fans supposedly voted the guys in but how did lebron make it to the finals when the championship series he was in was the lowest rated ever?

E
E

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 11:38:20 PM »
I can deal with Wilbon and Kornhieser, but why they keep Skip Bayless on in the morning is way beyond me,that idiot is the definition of a bitch

Bayless at least keeps it interesting. That man is a certified hater and pulls no punches.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 08:01:08 AM »
ESPN sucks.

Their so called "baseball experts" are so easy to prove incorrect by simply looking at the numbers.

The worst "expert" is Steve Phillips bar none. He said steroids don't take away from what Bonds, Big Mac, Sosa, Palmiero did. Then in the very NEXT sentence he stated that Chipper Jones stats are better than they actually are becauses he didn't use roids! The other guy on ESPN called him out saying Phillips couldn't have it "both ways". Phillips then looked at him with a blank stare. Oh, and that liar Joe Morgan!
The House that Ruth built

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 01:13:23 PM »
The NFL crews mostly sucks. Jaws is annoyiong at best. Irvin ::). I like Tom Jackson and Boomer. Clayton is a Manning ball washer and if Peyton got hit by a bus, Clayton would somehow make it a good thing. I like Van Pelt but Stuart Scott has gone beyond annoying into fireable, but that will never happen. The NFL Network is great but I don't like the new fat black guy. I liked Kennedy.
L

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 07:53:08 PM »
Boomer irritates the shit out of me too these days,in fact he has for the last ten years.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »
"I hate espn"

Join the club. I very RARELY, watch that shit. And if I do, I can only handle a few minutes.

What's worse, is now they even cover Ness-carr, like it's a real sport.  ::)

Who gives a shit about some hillbillies doing circles at 120 mph? Not me, but I'm sure many "folk" in the south do.....
HAHA, RON.....

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 01:02:31 PM »
I'll give em Nascar because so many people watch it..but Spelling bee's, Poker, paper rocks....., and the stupid Who's Now crap. Its gotta go.
L

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 01:09:16 PM »
but Spelling bee's, Poker, paper rocks.....,

for those people who call bodybuilding a sport they'd have to call these a sport too

;D

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 03:19:36 PM »
I'll give em Nascar because so many people watch it..but Spelling bee's, Poker, paper rocks....., and the stupid Who's Now crap. Its gotta go.

Some little indian kid won the spelling bee.. I actually tried watching it after taking some valium.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »

Who came up with that shit? How fucking retarded.... ::)

The problem with ESPN, is that they are trying to be an entertainment network, rather then just letting the sports themselves be the entertainment.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »
The NFL crews mostly sucks. Jaws is annoyiong at best. Irvin ::). I like Tom Jackson and Boomer. Clayton is a Manning ball washer and if Peyton got hit by a bus, Clayton would somehow make it a good thing. I like Van Pelt but Stuart Scott has gone beyond annoying into fireable, but that will never happen.

Haha!

All true!
HAHA, RON.....

body88

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 05:03:30 AM »

Who came up with that shit? How fucking retarded.... ::)

The problem with ESPN, is that they are trying to be an entertainment network, rather then just letting the sports themselves be the entertainment.

All espn needs is sports coverage, sports center. and player/team documentary's and they are all set.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 12:08:04 PM »
I'm old enough to remember Sunday football on CBS with Brent, Irv and Jimmy 'the Greek"....

Football was a joy to watch.  No bells and whistles.  No Hee Haw pregame show.  No Bullshit.

Just a game by game analysis with each facet of the game broken by down by position and rated.

I miss that immensely.

i can't agree more...nothing more irritating that all those mechanical friggin' robots on the screen and all the sound effect bs...
footloose and fancy free

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 03:28:25 PM »
All espn needs is sports coverage, sports center. and player/team documentary's and they are all set.

Amen!
HAHA, RON.....

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 05:06:19 PM »
I like Jaws because he's an Eagle at heart. It got really bad when they hired Rush Limbaugh...what were they thinking???
I Bleed PhillyEagle

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 09:11:58 AM »
In the style of Stuart Scott: YO SON THAT A BADUKA DUNK! AND YO! CHECK OUT THE RECEPTION BY THE PLAYA OCHO CINCO! HE DEF GOT A PhD! PLAYA HATIN DEGREE! YO!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »
In the style of Stuart Scott: YO SON THAT A BADUKA DUNK! AND YO! CHECK OUT THE RECEPTION BY THE PLAYA OCHO CINCO! HE DEF GOT A PhD! PLAYA HATIN DEGREE! YO!

yep..that's why i hate espn...i don't need that with my nightly coffee.
footloose and fancy free