Author Topic: So depressed - having a hard time training  (Read 32134 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: So depressed - having a hard time training
« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2012, 06:04:12 PM »
we could have flinstones work 60 hours a week at 10 bucks an hour, how does that sound?
Let's get him on it, can he deal with Mexicans, roaches and neegas?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2012, 07:17:10 PM »
lol da vinci you can make up whatever you want but at the end of the day

1. My physique crushed yours - fact
2. You wear kaprees on the beach- fact

and thats all that matters :-*  

Fuck off you damn fat loser. Go get some real and qualified help, this is not the right place to "cure" your psychological issues, that is a FACT.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
Jesus Christ!  It's been a full week!! Is this bastard still depressed?
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
today i worked on a shitty mexican apartment that was filthy with roaches and mexicans still living there, kids running around with no diaper butt naked, walls scribbled all over food, n filth on walls. shit staked everywhere, two mopeds in the kitchen, moving furniture around to paint walls , patched some holes in walls replaced some cutouts of drywall, it was what i had to do cause the landlord got a letter from the city even though its the tenant fucking up the place but to be fair theyve been there 6-7 years or more. i did it fast even with furniture in the way painted whole house inside moving at light speed drank only one soda took me about 6 hours drank alot of water

i never spray i already know the hassel that brings totally not worth it

latex paint plus primer is awesome paint

i hate oil because of the fumes and that i have to use gasoline to clean my hands

Your post brings back so many memories of when I worked with my stepdad. His primary business was painting apartments in West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and West Los Angeles. When he first went into business he got the bulk of his work from property management. After several years he built a clientele of customers who had nicer apartments in these neighborhoods. The main feature of his business was his ability to get in and get out of a place quickly and leave no mess behind. When he packed up at the end of the day, a new tenant could have moved right in.

While I don't remember working with my dad when he had a job like the one you describe, I can think of two jobs he had where I helped him that were pretty gross for different reasons.

The first was a fairly modest apartment in a large building. The prior tenet had committed suicide in the apartment by drinking ammonia which caused her to vomit blood all over the walls and floors before she died. I think the floors and walls had been cleaned before we came in to paint, however there were stains on the walls and the place smelled bad.

The second apartment my dad was hired to paint where I was going to work with him was in Beverly Hills, CA. It was in a very nice six unit building. The apartment was a pretty large place with Spanish architecture. It was nicer than a lot of houses. Anyway, the man who lived there had died....in the apartment. His body wasn't discovered for several weeks. The apartment had been cleaned after his decomposed body was removed and aired out for a few weeks before we arrived. I don't know if it was power of suggestion and just me being a wuss, but the smell made me feel physically sick. I couldn't stay there. My stepdad did that job on his own. I don't know how he managed it.

It was rare that we would work in an apartment that was occupied. My dad also painted the homes of his customers, but mostly interiors because he had an issue with heights. Moving furniture is a hassle. We'd put everything into the middle of the room and cover it with drop cloths, then cover the remaining floor area with drop cloths and paint the ceiling first. Walls were easy since all the furniture was already out of the way.

As I mentioned, trim work was my specialty. A lot of the old buildings we worked in had small paned wood windows. I developed a system for painting sash, which was painting from the inside/center out and top to bottom. We never used painter's tape in those days. You just had to be exact in cutting in without getting paint anywhere where it wasn't supposed to be.

These days a lot of property management companies use the on site apartment managers as painters regardless that they may have not expertise in that field. I feel for you working in this profession and trying to make a good living doing it.

If you have an occasion to use oil based paint in the future, the solvent is " paint thinner" not gasoline. In some instances you might use lacquer thinner to clean up which will even dissolved oil based paint which has dried. Your are right though, these are toxic substances. One time while working with Al Dahl, a high end painting contractor, we painted the exterior siding on a house with lead in oil paint. It had already been outlawed, but he'd purchase a quantity just for this repeat customer who preferred it. What I remember most is how heavy it was. Not the most ideal way to develop big biceps and triceps! LOL.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »
Had a great fucking workout tonight and completely motivated.   Rushfit Full Body Conditioning, 10 sets of 5 pull ups w hanging leg raises.   1 mile on treadmill.

Depression is for pussies.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2012, 09:18:36 PM »
Had a great fucking workout tonight and completely motivated.   Rushfit Full Body Conditioning, 10 sets of 5 pull ups w hanging leg raises.   1 mile on treadmill.

The next time I feel depressed, I'll remember what you posted. That alone should snap me out of it, don't you think.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2012, 09:20:38 PM »
The next time I feel depressed, I'll remember what you posted. That alone should snap me out of it, don't you think.

Man up.   As the Navy SEALS say - Only Easy Day Was Yesterday.   

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2012, 09:24:30 PM »
Had a great fucking workout tonight and completely motivated.   Rushfit Full Body Conditioning, 10 sets of 5 pull ups w hanging leg raises.   1 mile on treadmill.

Cool, very cool.   There was a guy. Guy's name was Alex Lowe. Prettty much the best free climber in the world. Nice guy. 5' 11",  161- 163 pounds. Went to the gym often. Pull ups. . . 10 X 75.  No straps.   10 X 75.

He's gone now. A mountain fell on him about 11 -12 years ago.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »
Cool, very cool.   There was a guy. Guy's name was Alex Lowe. Prettty much the best free climber in the world. Nice guy. 5' 11",  161- 163 pounds. Went to the gym often. Pull ups. . . 10 X 75.  No straps.   10 X 75.

He's gone now. A mountain fell on him about 11 -12 years ago.

75?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
75.  That is correct sir.   He did pull-ups just like you or me do deep knee bends. When you were crazy lean, strong and 165 pound how many deep knee bends could you do? 100's, easy. Same thing. Crazy.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »
75.  That is correct sir.   He did pull-ups just like you or me do deep knee bends. When you were crazy lean, strong and 165 pound how many deep knee bemds could you do? 100's, easy. Same thing. Crazy.

75 is insane! 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »
75 is insane! 

Agreed. I've seen many gymnast dudes hit 5 X 25 with very little effort. Just bang bang bang.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2012, 09:49:12 PM »
Agreed. I've seen many gymnast dudes hit 5 X 25 with very little effort. Just bang bang bang.

I can do 10 on a good day.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
I can do 10 on a good day.

Best ever for me, clean reps, 5 X 12 straps. Never small though 180 pound minimum.
a

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2012, 09:55:14 PM »
75 is insane!  

Yes that is insane. I can't believe how weak I am on pull-ups. Schwarzenegger wrote in one of his books that you should do 50 chins or pull-ups in whatever combination you can manage, as in 5 sets of 10, 10 sets of 5, 25 sets of 2 or 50 sets of 1.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
Yes that is insane. I can't believe how weak I am on pull-ups. Schwarzenegger wrote in one of his books that you should do 50 chins or pull-ups in whatever combination you can manage, as in 5 sets of 10, 10 sets of 5, 25 sets of 2 or 50 sets of 1.

No offense.but not at ur age chief. Preserve yourself your sick wife needs u.
®

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2012, 10:04:34 PM »

Many years ago I read that and thought it was cool so I did just that.   Pull ups work.
a

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2012, 10:09:04 PM »
Fuck off you damn fat loser. Go get some real and qualified help, this is not the right place to "cure" your psychological issues, that is a FACT.

fuck off lol your the 1 in my thread folliowing me around.
l

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
you could deal with it, i brought my radio in there house and just put it on my station, there was no fucking way i was going to paint in silence or between mexican chatter all day long

hopefully you were able to hear some floyd and tull on the airwaves man

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
I would have to wear ear plugs and could probably deal with but it would take me longer not having your experience with painting. I would probably put on the TV if they had one the Mexican channel to divert them off me and stomp roaches to hear them "pop" until I got done. Not sure on flintstones is he used to dealing with Mexicans?

so would you be trying to mack up on thier females?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2012, 11:04:17 PM »
No offense.but not at ur age chief. Preserve yourself your sick wife needs u.

Are you suggesting I would have a heart attack or a stroke if I did 50 chin ups? -Got news for you, I am in much better health than that, but thanks for the concern.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »
hahah id never pay someone that much i dont even make that much..

you and no one else can out paint me im 6feet6 and can reach ceiling corners with a brush with ease you cant do that to finish the job shorty, you would probably use the wrong kind of paint and wrong brush you fuckin amateur  8)
i'd hire you JF

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2012, 09:57:04 PM »

i remember reading that in the bodybuilding encyclopedia.

my best is 35... should have gone for more that set.  little did i know just a couple months later i wouldn't be able to get more than 5-6 clean reps.