Author Topic: Cruz or Lose... It's official via Twitter, he's running!  (Read 6444 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cruz or Lose... It's official via Twitter, he's running!
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:30:29 AM »
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/sen-ted-cruz-2016-presidential-bid-116285.html?hp=t1_r

The 2016 election officially began with a tweet.

Shortly after midnight on Monday morning, Ted Cruz confirmed on Twitter that he will run for president, making him the first official candidate of the 2016 race and kicking off a season of campaign launches, with several other candidates expected to jump in in coming weeks.
Story Continued Below

“I’m running for President and I hope to earn your support!” the tweet read, with a link to a slickly-produced 30-second campaign video.
“It’s a time for truth,” Cruz says in the clip, which is paid for by “Cruz for President.” “A time to rise to the challenge, just as Americans have always done. I believe in America and her people, and I believe we can stand up and restore our promise. It’s going to take a new generation of courageous conservatives to help make America great again. And I’m ready to stand with you to lead the fight.”

A full announcement is scheduled for Monday morning around 10 A.M., two advisers confirmed, when the Texas Republican and his family are expected to unveil the campaign at Liberty University, a conservative Christian college in Lynchburg, Va. The Associated Press photographed the Cruz family’s walk-through on Sunday, complete with a spousal kiss on stage.

Cruz, a tea party-aligned Republican who was elected to the Senate in 2012, will become the first formally announced candidate of the presidential campaign. Over the next few weeks, nearly 10 months before the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses, he will be joined by several other candidates — including Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and Rand Paul of Kentucky on the GOP side, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the Democratic side — who are also expected to kick off their campaigns.

An early April launch allows them to take advantage of the full second fundraising quarter to rack up their cash figures as part of an attempt to project campaign strength after the June 30 filing deadline.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/sen-ted-cruz-2016-presidential-bid-116285.html#ixzz3VDAS9JcF

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Cruz or Lose... It's official via Twitter, he's running!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:48:36 AM »
If we can get some unvarnished truth and facts from him out amongst the MSM he'll have done his job
L

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:00:22 AM »
Gov. Brown’s "face palm moment" about Ted Cruz —Timely Today

California Governor Jerry Brown did not mince words. Discussing climate change he summarily dismissed the ignorance of Ted Cruz as seen in the above snippet. (video in the link)
Chuck Todd and Governor Jerry Brown were discussing the dire straits that California has found itself in with its record drought. In the discussion Todd asked Jerry Brown if his state's condition could be attributed to climate change. Brown's answer was deliberately measured. He acknowledged that in fact climate change is real. However he noted that one event is not enough to blame on climate change. His answer had the necessary caution to ensure it could not be used as a political gotcha.

While the governor did not want to single out California in the aggregate of climactic events, one has to draw that conclusion given the peer reviewed studies supported by over 90% of scientists. Chuck Todd then played a clip of Ted Cruz's willful ignorance displayed on Seth Myers show where he lied about the scientific data on climate change. Governor Jerry Brown's response was epic.

"What he said is absolutely false," Brown said. "Over 90% of the scientists who deal with climate are absolutely convinced that the human activity, industrial activity, generation of CO2, methane, oxides, nitrogen, and all the rest of those greenhouse gases are building up in the atmosphere. They are heat trapping. And they are causing not just warm, drought in California, but severe storms and cold in the East Coast. So it's climate disruption of many different kinds. And that man betokens such a level of ignorance and a direct falsification of existing scientific data. It's shocking and I think that man has rendered himself absolutely unfit to be running for office."

That could not be said any better. Ted Cruz is a clear and present danger not only to thinking Americans but to the entire well being of the country. His effect on policy would be fatal.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/03/22/1372530/-Governor-Jerry-Brown-on-Ted-Cruz-that-man-betokens-such-a-level-of-ignorance?detail=facebook_sf[/}

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:34:11 AM »
The New Messiah?  The great conservative savior?

All they need now is a sexy VP to make their loins tingle, a steady stream of 60% untruths from Fox, and Getbigs finest parrots to mouth piece him!

From whiny crybaby bitches to the defenders of truth and conservatism.....  33333 and Coach shall unite in thanks for a truly American born President...........um wait.... 

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 09:53:27 AM »
Bah ha ha ha ha
Doom is amused.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 09:58:02 AM »
Never even heard of him, lol...
?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 10:17:04 AM »
 ;D

The Ted Cruz website is up and ready for 2016.

He sure seems ready to run: http://www.tedcruz.com/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »
Look, Cruz plays dumb no global warming because that s what it takes to rile up the repub tea party voting base.

And THAT is how the repubs can win the national election in 2016. 

NOT by running a RINO who tries to please everyone by being a Hilary Lite while hatin' on the base ideals of the party.  We saw in 2008 and 2012 that the repub base will NOT come out and vote.

So while YES, while it's a little funny how little credibility Cruz will give to science, it's how he can win the election.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 11:18:33 AM »
Look, Cruz plays dumb no global warming because that s what it takes to rile up the repub tea party voting base.

And THAT is how the repubs can win the national election in 2016. 

NOT by running a RINO who tries to please everyone by being a Hilary Lite while hatin' on the base ideals of the party.  We saw in 2008 and 2012 that the repub base will NOT come out and vote.

So while YES, while it's a little funny how little credibility Cruz will give to science, it's how he can win the election.

I think he has to get the independent voters to fall in and their not interested in hanging with the tea party,i don't think anyone is ;D

James

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 11:44:46 AM »
Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz On His Former Student Ted Cruz : “Off The Charts Brilliant”

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 11:55:38 AM »
Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz On His Former Student Ted Cruz : “Off The Charts Brilliant”

Dershowitz also described Cruz's actions regarding shutting down the government as "deeply unconstitutional"

PIERS MORGAN: You're a top lawyer. When he is basically taking an established law like ObamaCare -- whether you like parts of it or not, or even the whole thing --and you're using that as a stick to shut down the American government, that is taking it a bit far, isn't it?

ALAN DERSHOWITZ: Not only that, but I think it raises very serious constitutional questions of the kind that Ted Cruz should be interested in. Could you imagine Hamilton and Madison sitting around and drafting the Constitution and the Federalist Papers. They’re talking about how the government has to pay its debts, how it has to secure the credit of the United States, how the House of Representatives is to originate bills on revenue.

Nobody in a million years would have contemplated the power of Congress to shut down the government, to create doubts about our creditworthiness. I think you can make a very strong argument that what Ted Cruz is doing is deeply unconstitutional. Whether a court would accept that or say it's a political question is another issue, but Cruz is a principled man. He ought to look at the Constitution and look into his heart and ask himself 'what would Alexander Hamilton have done?'

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/16/dershowitz_what_ted_cruz_is_doing_is_deeply_unconstitutional.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »

Not a personal attack on Cruz, but I have a brother in law who is a multi millionaire Mensa member and would be considered "brilliant" by acadamia standards, who doesn't have the common sense god gave a turnip in many aspects of life and I wouldn't trust him to make rules and regulations for me, much less run the country  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
Cruz KNOWS that the people in the tea party hated romney and hated mccain.

Cruz KNOWS that the people in the tea party are passionate and more motivated than any other voting group, including libs and RINOs.

Cruz KNOWS that by mocking science, laughing at higher education, ridiculing all those "elite" things, he can win the nomination and probably the general election too.  Do I believe that Cruz is that clueless on science?  of course not.  Do I believe the highly educated cruz is really that flippant on such trivial manners?  Nope.  But I do believe he's going to dumb it down for the primary season, then become a sharp, focused canddiate for the general election.   

Cruz is very smart, and staying consistent while Rand and Rubio have flirted centrist over and over.  Cruz' position on amnesty is his best asset, he's stayed steady while Rubio, Rand, Jeb and Christie all turned liberal.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 12:33:51 PM »
I think he could sell himself to the masses but it will take work. I think its going to be Walker but its early. Cruz needs to push the pile...we can't nominate a Rino regardless.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
I think he could sell himself to the masses but it will take work. I think its going to be Walker but its early. Cruz needs to push the pile...we can't nominate a Rino regardless.

Have you seen the stories over the past few days?
Rush, Levin and laura ingraham all destroying Bush, calling him a RINO, saying that repubs cannot make that same mistake again.

I heard a great item... repubs have won big FIVE times since 1980.  EVERY TIME they won women.  1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, and 2010 - EVERY TIME they had a very conservative ticket, with 2010 being that mid-term tea party big year.   And think of the years where repubs went RINO... 2008, 2012, both bad defeats, both with a RINO.

Cruz or Lose.   Walker, maybe, but IMO he hasn't been vetted nationally yet... I don't fear Cruz skeletons in closet.  With walker, I do.  He admitted he thought about using violence to get a peaceful protest to riot level... anyone that careless surely has ten years of mistakes following him.   Cruz, he's just too "goober" to have that kind of reckless past.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 12:41:48 PM »
Cruz KNOWS that the people in the tea party hated romney and hated mccain.

Cruz KNOWS that the people in the tea party are passionate and more motivated than any other voting group, including libs and RINOs.

Cruz KNOWS that by mocking science, laughing at higher education, ridiculing all those "elite" things, he can win the nomination and probably the general election too.  Do I believe that Cruz is that clueless on science?  of course not.  Do I believe the highly educated cruz is really that flippant on such trivial manners?  Nope.  But I do believe he's going to dumb it down for the primary season, then become a sharp, focused canddiate for the general election.   

Cruz is very smart, and staying consistent while Rand and Rubio have flirted centrist over and over.  Cruz' position on amnesty is his best asset, he's stayed steady while Rubio, Rand, Jeb and Christie all turned liberal.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168917/four-years-gop-support-tea-party-down.aspx

Support for Tea Party among GOP is falling.... hanging your hat on the Tea Party to get elected would be a mistake in my opinion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 12:46:40 PM »
http://www.gallup.com/poll/168917/four-years-gop-support-tea-party-down.aspx

Support for Tea Party among GOP is falling.... hanging your hat on the Tea Party to get elected would be a mistake in my opinion.

40% of repubs support tea party.
11% of repubs are against it.

That means you'll get 89% of repubs showing up in Nov 2016 to vote for a tea party member.  And maybe some of the other 11% bother.

Would LOVE to see that poll with another question... What % of republicans are for/against the RINO movement?  LOL!
I'd bet WAY more than 11% of republicans are against the moderate RINO bullshit.

I think your poll shows EXACTLY why repubs need to run a far-right candidate.  89% of repubs aren't against it.  Huge.

James

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
phase 1 – beat the rinos

phase 2 – beat the commies

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 12:54:14 PM »
phase 1 – beat the rinos

phase 2 – beat the commies

phase 1 - appeal to insane people

phase 2 - try to convince the majority of the country you're not also insane and hope they forget all the insane shit you've said

phase 3 - blame the public for failure to "understand" after getting his ass handed to him

James

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »
Cruz believes in America. Obama believes in islam.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 12:58:32 PM »
cruz  :D :D :D :D :D not a chance in hell

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
Cruz believes in America. Obama believes in islam.

refer to phase 1 on my list

James

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
No teleprompter.
The idiot we have in office couldn’t do that.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
Source: TPM

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, said on Monday that he won't back his fellow Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) during the 2016 Republican presidential primary.

In an interview with Politico, Cornyn said that he would not endorse any candidate in the primary.

"You know, we’ve got a lot of Texans who are running for president, so I’m going to watch from the sidelines," he said. When asked if he would support Cruz's run financially, Cornyn responded, "Nope. You got a lot of people involved, and I don’t see any benefit to them or to me."

Cornyn's lack of support does not come as a huge surprise, as Cruz would not endorse Cornyn in his 2014 Senate re-election primary against Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX). Cruz later endorsed Cornyn after he defeated Stockman.

James

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:49 PM »
Anyone so feared by the Left, the MSM, the RINOs/Rockefeller Republicans and the trolls on this board must be worth supporting.