Author Topic: Hedgehog versus Max Rep  (Read 2115 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Hedgehog versus Max Rep
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:16:57 PM »
Who wins in a posedown?

Who wins in a thread moving contest?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Hedgehog versus Max Rep
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 04:20:03 PM »
Hedge is a strong bastard, pulls over 600 in the deadlift, i think Maxrep was a competitive bodybuilder at one point.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 04:23:27 PM »
Hedge is a strong bastard, pulls over 600 in the deadlift, i think Maxrep was a competitive bodybuilder at one point.

you missed a gong show last night---guys punching chicks in the face, the chick was a cop.  Sluts everywhere

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »
you missed a gong show last night---guys punching chicks in the face, the chick was a cop.  Sluts everywhere
where was this?

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »
where was this?

at this club I went to--I posted pics in the new digital cam thread I started--im not sure if it was moved

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
at this club I went to--I posted pics in the new digital cam thread I started--im not sure if it was moved
good stuff man, take anything home to pound on?

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »
good stuff man, take anything home to pound on?

ya I pounded a double whopper with xl fries and a coke---lol--stay tuned for nmore fun tonight---my best friend has a 4500 sf warehouse condo and his bday party is there followed by going to the club he owns.  Should be good times.

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »
Posedown?

Max Rep who Ive known for a long time....would win in a landslide....a massive city destroying landslide. He was a great bodybuilder back in the day (trained with Mentzer and Platz at times!) and because he put his time in all those years all the way up to the present....is still one today.

Not even a question....

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 11:11:21 PM »
Posedown?

Max Rep who Ive known for a long time....would win in a landslide....a massive city destroying landslide. He was a great bodybuilder back in the day (trained with Mentzer and Platz at times!) and because he put his time in all those years all the way up to the present....is still one today.

Not even a question....

Well thanks for the props brother but I don’t think anyone but my girlfriend is going to want to see me in shorts. Yes I still train and I’ll be 54 this month. Maybe I’ll get on Tim Wescotts eating plan. I still have my delts, lats and legs... I never had any arms or abs.     

If hedge pulls 600 then he has my respect.

and keep moving!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »
Plain and simple, Max_Rep is a beast.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 09:09:09 AM »
Well thanks for the props brother but I don’t think anyone but my girlfriend is going to want to see me in shorts. Yes I still train and I’ll be 54 this month. Maybe I’ll get on Tim Wescotts eating plan. I still have my delts, lats and legs... I never had any arms or abs.     

If hedge pulls 600 then e has my respect.

What the hell are you doing on teh Internetz?  ;D

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 09:46:55 AM »
What the hell are you doing on teh Internetz?  ;D

I'm STILL trying to figure that one out!  ;D

Thanks Dante and Chaos... nice comments. By the way, I didn't train WITH Platz. I was just a witness to his madness. I DID train with Padilla, Grant, Bannout, Mike and Ray Mentzer, Lleidelmeyer and Chick. And I have interviewed around 20 other Pro's for Iron Man... diets, training, cardio etc. None of that make ME anything but someone with some experience to pull from.

Hedge and I did trade some PM's a LONG time ago and I could tell he was also VERY informed on strength training.

The problem (if you could call it that) is that on Getbig, you never know if you’re getting REAL advise or just some bs some guy made up to f with everyone.

At my biggest ever, we used to have fun at the gym by totally making up some bs exercise. Two days later 15 guys would be doing it. We’d (my training buddies) all get a chuckle. I remember one guy was HUGE and ripped. He never competed but he could have. Guys would ask him his secret and he’d tell them he ate a half a gallon of Haggen Das ice cream every night before bed. You’d see these guys getting fatter and fatter by the week after talking to him.
and keep moving!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 10:15:06 AM »
I'm STILL trying to figure that one out!  ;D

Thanks Dante and Chaos... nice comments. By the way, I didn't train WITH Platz. I was just a witness to his madness. I DID train with Padilla, Grant, Bannout, Mike and Ray Mentzer, Lleidelmeyer and Chick. And I have interviewed around 20 other Pro's for Iron Man... diets, training, cardio etc. None of that make ME anything but someone with some experience to pull from.

Hedge and I did trade some PM's a LONG time ago and I could tell he was also VERY informed on strength training.

The problem (if you could call it that) is that on Getbig, you never know if you’re getting REAL advise or just some bs some guy made up to f with everyone.

At my biggest ever, we used to have fun at the gym by totally making up some bs exercise. Two days later 15 guys would be doing it. We’d (my training buddies) all get a chuckle. I remember one guy was HUGE and ripped. He never competed but he could have. Guys would ask him his secret and he’d tell them he ate a half a gallon of Haggen Das ice cream every night before bed. You’d see these guys getting fatter and fatter by the week after talking to him.

:o :o :o
Any stories you might be willing to share?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 10:34:26 AM »
:o :o :o
Any stories you might be willing to share?

You mean like the time Danny’s roommate was training for a show and baked a chocolate cake iced it and Danny found him punching it and throwing gobs of it all over the kitchen of their apartment because he couldn’t eat it? Stories like that?

Or the time we Samir, our training partner Steve and I were squatting. We were working up in weight with 315 on the bar and Samir did a few BNP (jerk presses) with the weight. Samir really liked to socialize and we had to constantly pull him back into the workout BUT he really pushed us on weight especially on BB and DB rows. My back exploded training with him.

These stories have been told many times on here so I’m sure I’d bore most of the members with them.
and keep moving!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 10:40:26 AM »
You mean like the time Danny’s roommate was training for a show and baked a chocolate cake iced it and Danny found him punching it and throwing gobs of it all over the kitchen of their apartment because he couldn’t eat it? Stories like that?

Or the time we Samir, our training partner Steve and I were squatting. We were working up in weight with 315 on the bar and Samir did a few BNP (jerk presses) with the weight. Samir really liked to socialize and we had to constantly pull him back into the workout BUT he really pushed us on weight especially on BB and DB rows. My back exploded training with him.

These stories have been told many times on here so I’m sure I’d bore most of the members with them.

Haha, awesome!
I'm sure you wouldn't bore anybody here, if you have more, please share!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
Hedge pulls 600?

Damn good for a natural

(he is natural right?)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »
Haha, awesome!
I'm sure you wouldn't bore anybody here, if you have more, please share!

The third guy when I trained with Samir used to snort Chrytal Meth. Samir and I hated the stuff but Steve wanted anything that would bring his intesity up. He go into the bathroom and hit some right before we trained. It made him talk so fast, that he souded like a machine gun. So Samir and I had (and to this day still do) a nickname for Steve "Da Da Diss". We do this imitation of a guy shooting a Machine gun and we make that sound. That's how we greet each other. 

and keep moving!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 03:10:53 PM »
Dave,you`re the man buddy!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 03:17:50 PM »
The third guy when I trained with Samir used to snort Chrytal Meth. Samir and I hated the stuff but Steve wanted anything that would bring his intesity up. He go into the bathroom and hit some right before we trained. It made him talk so fast, that he souded like a machine gun. So Samir and I had (and to this day still do) a nickname for Steve "Da Da Diss". We do this imitation of a guy shooting a Machine gun and we make that sound. That's how we greet each other. 

Hahahaha, is this for real? ;D

Are you BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT?

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »
Hahahaha, is this for real? ;D

Are you BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT?

Yes it’s absolutely true.

Hell no, I’m not BEEFYHEAVEYWEIGHT. I don’t have any this guy was G4p stories. Just training and a few funny stories. 
and keep moving!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2008, 03:58:30 PM »
great stories Maxrep.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2008, 04:25:22 PM »
I know and worked with Max Rep and I am pretty sure he would take Hedge in any type of competition.  And for BB knowledge he is very hard to beat on here.  I only wish I had his memory.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »
…waiting for Danny Padilla to train.

At the time Danny was training for the IFBB Mr. USA (the NPC did not yet exist). Danny had been out to California several times but we still lived in Rochester.

We trained at Turner Barbell Club which was in the basement of an old, old, old brick building that was owned by a German Gymnastics Association. We (35 members) rented a space that was formerly 4 bowling lanes. Someone had nailed plywood over the lanes and the equipment was homemade welded by one of the members and old Olympic sets a few used commercial pieces, the pipes leaked, the place smelled like mold. It was hot and humid in the summer and cold in the winter.

No, we didn’t walk 50 miles in the snow to train... ha, ha, ha!

So why was Danny late? Well you see he was doing his OTHER favorite activity. He was at the race track betting the horses. Every day… like clockwork. 
and keep moving!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
…waiting for Danny Padilla to train.

At the time Danny was training for the IFBB Mr. USA (the NPC did not yet exist). Danny had been out to California several times but we still lived in Rochester.

We trained at Turner Barbell Club which was in the basement of an old, old, old brick building that was owned by a German Gymnastics Association. We (35 members) rented a space that was formerly 4 bowling lanes. Someone had nailed plywood over the lanes and the equipment was homemade welded by one of the members and old Olympic sets a few used commercial pieces, the pipes leaked, the place smelled like mold. It was hot and humid in the summer and cold in the winter.

No, we didn’t walk 50 miles in the snow to train... ha, ha, ha!

So why was Danny late? Well you see he was doing his OTHER favorite activity. He was at the race track betting the horses. Every day… like clockwork. 

hey Max was that George Turner who owned Turner Barbell Club, he's a legend here in STL and i know he spent some time on the west coast.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 06:17:06 PM »
hey Max was that George Turner who owned Turner Barbell Club, he's a legend here in STL and i know he spent some time on the west coast.

No. Turner Barbell Club had to ties to George Turner whatsoever.

However, when I came to LA and started training with Samir Bannout, his training had been heavily influenced by George and we followed Georges split and volume protocol which was 3 on, one off and 10-12 sets per bodypart.

I met George at the Iron man offices around 10 years ago. He was living in San Diego I believe. 
and keep moving!