Author Topic: Bodybuildings 30 biggest lies  (Read 7650 times)

Benito Mutumbo

• Getbig IV
Re: Bodybuildings 30 biggest lies
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2008, 12:59:37 PM »
Kai Greene put on 30 lbs of muscle in the off season

Bullshit

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2008, 09:47:45 PM »
Bump!
HAHA, RON.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »
going back to the original list...anyone want to explain to me whats false about the MCT's giving you energy but not making you fat ?

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2008, 01:37:01 AM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2008, 02:46:56 AM »

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2008, 03:36:34 AM »
Jeff willet:

I'm natural.  ::)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2008, 09:47:51 AM »
I'd say at least a few of those are true

Most of them are, with a few so so. I remember well when it came out in MM2K back in the day. These are 5 that came to mind that are similar to some of the above. Sure, some are pretty "no duh" but it seems many still hold to them....

5 myths of building muscle

Myth #1: You must spend 7 days per week in the gym to gain strength and muscle mass.

Fact: Not only do you not need to spend all your days in the gym, doing so is usually counterproductive. That’s right, too many days in the gym = less strength and muscle mass. Learning how to optimize a program to the individual allows every set and rep to count, with virtually no wasted time in the gym.

Myth #2: without steroids and other drugs, you will never add serious muscle to your frame.

Fact: this is flatly false, and usually a myth perpetuated by those not willing to put the time and energy needed to build muscle without drugs. People can and do add serious muscle to their frame without the use of any drugs, and that’s a fact. 30-50lbs of muscle added over time is not unusual. Using the correct nutrition, training, and supplements to achieve that goal can save years of wasted time and money.

Myth #3: You must follow the program Arnold and other pro bodybuilders used to get big and strong

Fact: professional bodybuilders have genetics 99.99% of the people reading this do not posses. Sorry, but that’s the facts. Arnold’s program worked for Arnold; that does not mean it will work for you. In fact, it will not work well for most people reading this page. If you have the genetics, time, and knowledge (or pay someone with the knowledge as is often the case today) of Arnold, Dorian Yates, or Jay Cutler, then congrats to you! For the other 99.99% of people reading this, including yours truly, we will have to find what works best for us…

Myth #4: You must eat piles of supplements to gain muscle mass or strength.

Fact: you don’t need any supplements to gain muscle mass and strength. Magazines try their best – and few people on the planet have more experience with the magazines then I do – attempting to convince people without the latest greatest wiz bang supplement, they will never gain any muscles or get stronger. That is false. A proper nutrition program, using the right calories and macro nutrients (yes, good old food!), combined with a properly designed training program optimized to the individual, is the foundation of gaining muscle and strength. Many of the pro bodybuilders I know, don’t use any supplements at all….Yes, supplements can be beneficial, and some are absolutely worth using, but make no mistakes, they are “supplemental” to a good nutrition and training program, so if you don’t have those two down solid, supplements are of little value to you.

Myth #5: You need to use secret eastern block magic exercises to gain strength and muscle mass

Fact: Although there are some great exercises and various plans that come from all over the world – including the eastern block countries – there are no secret or magic exercises that are more effective than “the basics” you already know about. However, knowing  when and how to employ them, issues of volume, tempo, reps, and other variables, are the keys to making steady progress in strength and muscle mass. These are not “secrets” but they are very specific, and when optimized to the individual, very effective for gaining lean muscle mass and strength. Spin your wheels in the gym, or make every set count. The choice is yours….

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2008, 10:38:21 AM »
6) – You don’t have to be strong to be big.

I think a dude could train in the 12-15 rep range all the time, eat an abundance of carbs and protein, and take lots of drugs.... and be big but not very strong.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 10:03:40 AM »
6) – You don’t have to be strong to be big.

I think a dude could train in the 12-15 rep range all the time, eat an abundance of carbs and protein, and take lots of drugs.... and be big but not very strong.

That one has been a big debate for a long time; the relation of strength to size and vise versa.

The Coach

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »
"Coach, come train with me, I can put 40lbs of muscle on you in a month"

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 10:22:39 AM »

Anadrol enema and plenty of pizza, sure, you can get 40lbs on a person in a month. ;D

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »
Jeff willet:

I'm natural.  ::)

He is a lifetime natural. Passed all drug tests. Drug tests are 100% fool proof nowadays.

This guy is also a lifetime natty:

Skip "is there things? " la cour 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2008, 10:52:35 AM »
I've seen your physique, no.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2008, 10:58:20 AM »
Drug tests are 100% fool proof nowadays.

If you are making a joke, I recommend using the  ;D  so we all know it. Thanx.  ;)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2008, 08:48:58 PM »
All Gold.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2008, 03:41:45 AM »
Whateva, adrain,meso78,goudy : " I'm natural for life"

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »
Whateva, adrain,meso78,goudy : " I'm natural for life"
They may well be but you are not and look no where near as developed as them...either you eat alot of fakes or you have really bad genetics..Reality time spermytaste

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 08:26:05 AM »
I wish he had "You must train to failure all the time or most of the time to add musclemass" in the original list.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2008, 01:48:33 PM »
Wow...this is a real eye opener.

Yes it is mr Weider, for all those gymrats/wannabeebigs who only read the M&F or Flex  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
great lists here.  LOL