Author Topic: Millions improperly got ObamaPhones - cost 2 billion dollars.  (Read 12037 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Millions improperly got ObamaPhones - cost 2 billion dollars.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17:55 AM »
Tony, I'd urge you to use your head for something other than a cock-swallowing device, and THINK about what you just wrote. It's called collusion, and it is the very nature of Fascism.
thats my point you retard...a business is designed to make money...

our government was not designed to facilitate the exploitation of its constituents nor give hand outs to people who dont need them....

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 10:18:22 AM »
The scam is happening just a blatant as can be, but you're so angered about some person with a junk phone that you can't see what's going on right in front of you.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 10:19:34 AM »
thats my point you retard...a business is designed to make money...

our government was not designed to facilitate the exploitation of its constituents nor give hand outs to people who dont need them....

Gee, Tony, do you suppose the one may be having an effect on the other?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »
Details and links?

The free phone program actually started in the 1980's but it was used on landlines at the times since cellphones were rare back then.....now it covers cellphones but again, the program was NOT started by Obama.....it was started in the 1980's and then went to cellphones during the clinton years.....the conservatives try to denigrate Obama by saying it is his way of transferring wealth to the the poor.....they are misinformed and telling an out and out lie...but idiots like soulcrusher repeat this due to their hatred of Obama

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/13/Spending-Off-the-Hook-Free-Phones-Costing-Taxpayers-2-1-Billion-Per-Year

http://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/faq/obama-phone

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/05/congressmans-slippery-cell-phone-claim/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2012/09/28/crazy-for-obama-phones-but-are-they-for-real/

no matter what name you change to........SOULCRUSHER (333386) DESTROYED AGAIN!!!!!!

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »
According to the original article, it was started in 1984.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 10:26:56 AM »
The scam is happening just a blatant as can be, but you're so angered about some person with a junk phone that you can't see what's going on right in front of you.
im not angry somebody has a junk phone, Im angry that a govt that wants to continue to increase taxes in every manner has decided is was a good idea

whether they let someone push them to that idea or not is FUCKING IRRELEVANT!!!!

The fact is THEY ARENT DOING THEIR JOB

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 10:30:57 AM »
im not angry somebody has a junk phone, Im angry that a govt that wants to continue to increase taxes in every manner has decided is was a good idea

whether they let someone push them to that idea or not is FUCKING IRRELEVANT!!!!

The corporation pocketing the money absolutely does NOT agree with this statement, Tony.

So what do we do about that fact?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »

not true........yes we don't like the idea of people getting free stuff but the gov't felt that it was better to integrate these people into society and let them have access to their doctors, mental health programs, jobs, etc than to have them be isolated and unable to do the things we take for granted such as making appointments and being contacted by their doctors or potential employers....also they would be able to call 911 in case of an emergency..I agree with this....my problem is people having two or three of these phones..but the gov't has begun to crack down on this and has eliminated 1000's of people from the program

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 10:34:20 AM »
From the fact check article

"400,000 instances of one person — or one household — having more than one subsidized connection. Some phones were sold for cash on Craigslist."

now will those against government cuts please tell me with a straight face that they think this govt is run so efficiently and without waste that we cant cut anything without negative effects?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
The corporation pocketing the money absolutely does NOT agree with this statement, Tony.

So what do we do about that fact?
Jack what part do you not understand, a business is designed with the purpose of making money...if its done legally then they are doing their job.

unless you think its the governments job to waste tax payers money, WHO ISNT DOING THEIR JOB IN THE EQUATION?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2013, 10:37:49 AM »
From the fact check article

"400,000 instances of one person — or one household — having more than one subsidized connection. Some phones were sold for cash on Craigslist."

now will those against government cuts please tell me with a straight face that they think this govt is run so efficiently and without waste that we cant cut anything without negative effects?

TONY: AS FAR AS THE CORPORATION IS CONCERNED, IT IS BRILLIANTLY EFFICIENT. Don't you understand?

Come on, bro. Time to man up and get real.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
Jack what part do you not understand, a business is designed with the purpose of making money...if its done legally then they are doing their job.

So if their ex-employees - who now hold government jobs and lobbying jobs - arrange for the scam to take place, they are merely "doing their job". I see.

So who will protect the citizen under such an arrangement?

unless you think its the governments job to waste tax payers money, WHO ISNT DOING THEIR JOB IN THE EQUATION?

The money is going to the corporation, and they would absolutely tell you that it is far from "a waste".

SO...after all this, what are we left with? Love to get a straight answer from you on this one.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »
not true........yes we don't like the idea of people getting free stuff but the gov't felt that it was better to integrate these people into society and let them have access to their doctors, mental health programs, jobs, etc than to have them be isolated and unable to do the things we take for granted such as making appointments and being contacted by their doctors or potential employers....also they would be able to call 911 in case of an emergency..I agree with this....my problem is people having two or three of these phones..but the gov't has begun to crack down on this and has eliminated 1000's of people from the program
the civilized world survived with a home phone for how long?

the problem is you think they everyone should have the same things, which is a noble and nice thought...not realistic nor fair but nice.

Im all for taking care of people who need help get the basics, this isnt a basic....giving this or other govt hand outs to a family with multiple kids who "cant afford to make ends meet" isnt fair to those who plan and live responsibly

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 10:47:53 AM »
So if their ex-employees - who now hold government jobs and lobbying jobs - arrange for the scam to take place, they are merely "doing their job". I see.

So who will protect the citizen under such an arrangement?

The money is going to the corporation, and they absolutely would tell you that it is far from "a waste".

SO...after all this, what are we left with? Love to get a straight answer from you on this one.
the lobbying is legal correct? its helping the corporation meet their goal of making money right?

is this helping meet the govt goal of not wasting tax payer money?

whos responsibility is it to make sure the tax payers money is spend in a responsible manner and with as little waste as possible?

the corporation or the government?

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »
the lobbying is legal correct? its helping the corporation meet their goal of making money right?

is this helping meet the govt goal of not wasting tax payer money?

whos responsibility is it to make sure the tax payers money is spend in a responsible manner and with as little waste as possible?

the corporation or the government?

Tony, I ask you to imagine an entity that seeks as much power and money as it can get. An entity that is run by a collection of the worst elitist assholes you can imagine, none of them possessing the slightest bit of shame.

In their quest for money and power, they maintain an illusion of being not only two separate entities, but two separate entities with opposing interests.

From that, we get such wonders as the program in question, and much, much more (99.99% of it NOT involving some guy with a junk phone, and therefore going unnoticed).

Government and corporation are separated ONLY by a giant revolving door. That's ALL you need to be concerned with, and that is PLENTY.

Anything else, and you're allowing yourself to be fooled by the scam, and you are therefore contributing to the scam.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »
...and media is NOTHING but a narrative from this corrupted entity, so I'd suggest you turn off your fucking lying TV.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 01:26:58 PM »
...and media is NOTHING but a narrative from this corrupted entity, so I'd suggest you turn off your fucking lying TV.

How about the alternative media?  Do they have an agenda?  Who can you really ever trust?   
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 02:22:44 PM »
How about the alternative media?  Do they have an agenda?  Who can you really ever trust?  

What's your idea of 'alternative media', Archer? MTV?

By the way, I'd hope you can trust your own common sense.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »
What's your idea of 'alternative media', Archer? MTV?

By the way, I'd hope you can trust your own common sense.

Alternative to the MSM, whatever that may be for you, I or anyone. People often choose to believe what they want to believe and common sense rarely has anything to do with that choice.  If you're a conspiracy theorist you gravitate toward content that confirms your paranoia.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2013, 02:50:50 PM »
Alternative to the MSM, whatever that may be for you, I or anyone. People often choose to believe what they want to believe and common sense rarely has anything to do with that choice.  If you're a conspiracy theorist you gravitate toward content that confirms your paranoia.

So you'd say people rarely involve common sense with what they choose to believe.

Is it possible you're projecting that from your own experience involving yourself, or is that out of the question?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 03:00:16 PM »
So you'd say people rarely involve common sense with what they choose to believe.

Is it possible you're projecting that from your own experience involving yourself, or is that out of the question?

People rarely make rational choices or change deeply rooted opinions even after new information is presented that challenges their position.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »
People rarely make rational choices or change deeply rooted opinions even after new information is presented that challenges their position.

Then I'd say that they haven't processed the information, especially when they're unable to argue their position.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 03:11:32 PM »
Then I'd say that they haven't processed the information, especially when they're unable to argue their position.

My original question was about whether we can trust any news source mainstream or otherwise.   What are some of the sources you get your news from?
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »
My original question was about whether we can trust any news source mainstream or otherwise.   What are some of the sources you get your news from?

Archer, if you're asking whether there's a way you can turn off your brain and let something else do your thinking, I couldn't advise you in that regard.

(By the way, if you're asking me, personally: I don't watch news. I read boards on the rare sites like this, where 'left' and 'right' are forced to directly confront one another, and I learn from that. From there, I'll research an issue across as many sites as possible.

Best way to get to the truth on any issue, is to see two or more apparently opposed parties go back and forth in brutal battle, with each giving their best effort to state themselves.)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 03:24:26 PM »
Archer, if you're asking whether there's a way you can turn off your brain and let something else do your thinking, I couldn't advise you in that regard.

(By the way, if you're asking me, personally: I don't watch news. I read boards on the rare sites like this, where 'left' and 'right' are forced to directly confront one another, and I learn from that. From there, I'll research an issue across as many sites as possible.

Best way to get to the truth on any issue, is to see two apparently opposed parties go back and forth in brutal battle, with each giving their best effort to state themselves.)

What are some of these sites?  You  must frequent other sites regularly.
A