Author Topic: Theory on Paul Dillets lack of development!!!!!  (Read 4205 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
Theory on Paul Dillets lack of development!!!!!
« on: October 28, 2006, 01:02:33 PM »

I read that he uses the weider muscle confussion principal and thus has no set training split and does what he wants.

Maybe he just forgot to train his back?

Discuss!
just push some weight!

Wee Laddy

• Getbig II
  • Bow to your bunny overlords!
Re: Theory on Paul Dillets lack of development!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:13:24 PM »
Hitting back correctly takes a good bit of mind-muscle concentration.

Watching Paul pose, I wonder if he lacks an awareness of his body that prevents him from really focusing on his back.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 01:17:15 PM »
Hitting back correctly takes a good bit of mind-muscle concentration.

Watching Paul pose, I wonder if he lacks an awareness of his body that prevents him from really focusing on his back.

Judging from how terrible of a poser he was, especially while considering the fact that competing was how he made a living at the time, I swear I think he's mentally handicapped. Lowest IQ in BB history along with Ronnie Coleman.
~

Wee Laddy

• Getbig II
  • Bow to your bunny overlords!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »
That's a bit harsh.  Posing is pretty tough.  Being aware of every muscle, flexing every muscle while transitioning, following the music, remembering the routine, controlling your adreneline, etc.  I'd say Paul was the least coordinated bodybuilder.  Nothing to do with intelligence.

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 01:40:15 PM »
I think his rear delts took the brunt of the work when he did back movements, look at those things.

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »
there's ripping on someone and then there's constructive criticism. like many bb's, if they are "shoulder dominant" pullers, like strydom, or dillet, for example, their delts will do the bulk of the work and the muscle in question(back) will simply not get worked.
i find it humorous. when there is all the name calling and hating on here, by people that probably weigh about as much as one of these hvywt's thighs. do you need to be a big bodybuilder to raise questions, or criticize? no. but  why put somebody down? attacking their "intelligence?" wtf does that have to do with anything?
don't hate just because you're a member of the "buck o' 5 club."

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 02:28:49 PM »
His back sucks ass. Such a shame....... big mass monster who conditions well with no f-ing back?
-

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 02:30:17 PM »
That's a bit harsh.  Posing is pretty tough.  Being aware of every muscle, flexing every muscle while transitioning, following the music, remembering the routine, controlling your adreneline, etc.  I'd say Paul was the least coordinated bodybuilder.  Nothing to do with intelligence.

Hi Paul
I am a mini beast

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 02:40:37 PM »
So what's Paul doing with his life anyway?
~

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2006, 02:43:39 PM »
Delts and upper traps are big especially the delts but the midle and lower back are weak,
his posing doesn`t help either .What a waste of genes :P

Anyway I think that some heavy deads would do him good ;D

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 03:17:55 PM »
Dillet is a true 'freak' if he trained his back he would have been leathal................. ..he is a lazy guy!!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
genetics. the guy had incredible genetics for most everything else that his lazy training let him blow up like a balloon. he didn't have it that easy for his back and instead of working harder he just let it lag.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2006, 05:17:13 PM »
LOL!!!  I love that line.

At the 1994 English Grand Prix, Paul's posing routine was literally one minute long!  I wrote about it here:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/1994englishgrandprixdvd.html

Matt C you are a beast!!!!!!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »
LOL!!!  I love that line.

At the 1994 English Grand Prix, Paul's posing routine was literally one minute long!  I wrote about it here:

Dorian's calves and backs were so freaky they were absurd. He clearly dominated from the rear. But from the front he was really nothing special. I would go so far as to say he was quite below average for the top six. Other than those classic black and white grainy pictures from post-Olympia 1993 taken by Chris Lund, I have never understood what the hype was about this guy. Even at 5'10, he was blocky, had a wide waist and stomach distention, weak arms, and towards the end of his career was just a wreck of injuries. He is proof that the reigning Mr. Olympia will always be Mr. Olympia. He was a good poser and had a fantastic back and was very hard for his size. He was full of strengths, and definitely a top five or even top three competitor from 1991-1997 when he was competing at the Olympias, but he was definitely not the dominant Mr. Olympia some people make him out to be in my opinion. I'll say it like this: Being Mr. Olympia multiple times, I would expect more from Dorian. Not to say he wasn't excellent, just that he didn't live up to his reputation. At the end of Dorian's routine, he posed to "What U Got" by TQ.

Matt the famous Black & White photos of Yates were PRE-Olympia not post and they were from Kevin Horton NOT Chris Lund .

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 05:45:26 PM »
Thank you ND.  I knew they were pre-Olympia so I have no idea how I let that one slip.  ???  As for the photos, I did not know that Kevin took them.  I did think they were by Chris Lund.

My opinions on Dorian have changed since that time, after reading your posts, but I still feel there were a few at that show who had superior front poses to him.  From the back, nobody came close.

Horton tool the pics and Yates front double bicep in 94 left a lot to be desired and it was never a strong pose for him , however the ab-thigh and front latspread he dominated in , as well as the side poses and back.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:18 PM »
It's hard to be dominant when most of your best shots are facing away from the judges.

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
Judging from how terrible of a poser he was, especially while considering the fact that competing was how he made a living at the time, I swear I think he's mentally handicapped. Lowest IQ in BB history along with Ronnie Coleman.

I wouldnt say that about Ronnie. Ronnie has a degree and the best physique to walk the planet.

Yup, if Dillet cant pose, then he sure as hell cant train. He has enormous potential though. Imagine if Dillet had Dorians mental application.

Alex23

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2006, 09:40:51 PM »
I read that he uses the weider muscle confussion principal and thus has no set training split and does what he wants.
Maybe he just forgot to train his back?
Discuss!

Zero lower lat attachment, typical of an ectomorph. Paul's shoulder problems allways prevented him from "training hard" back day... so I heard.

Alex23

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2006, 09:41:51 PM »

Farkenell!!! Nice avatar.. that's the halloween spirit.. just watched Scanners last night... my head stil hurts from it...

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 01:32:38 AM »
actually pauls back was huge.from the front his lats appeared huge as hell.there was a pic of paul standing next to nasser doing a standing relaxed pose from arnold 97 and bam he made nasser look like his bitch.i think so kinda messed it all up in posing his back properly..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 01:57:47 AM »
Dillett could have taken it all. What a waste.
Team Goodrum!

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 03:08:24 AM »
Dillet is a true 'freak' if he trained his back he would have been leathal................. ..he is a lazy f**cker!!

Quoted for truth.

He was lazy as shit.

He used to complain about doing squats. He used to complain about doing deadlifts.

He just loved to talk about his genetics. Yeah, genetics and no work ethic will get you far. ::)

You'd think he would have learned from getting his ass handed to him at the IFBB North America by Ray McNeil, but he never did. You'd think that early loss would've motivated him not only for the following year in getting his pro card, but for everything about his bodybuilding career from that point on, but it never did.

All it gave him was a chip on his shoulder he carried for his whole career. Even his NOC win was a joke. Lesson never learned.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 04:16:56 AM »
there's ripping on someone and then there's constructive criticism. like many bb's, if they are "shoulder dominant" pullers, like strydom, or dillet, for example, their delts will do the bulk of the work and the muscle in question(back) will simply not get worked.
i find it humorous. when there is all the name calling and hating on here, by people that probably weigh about as much as one of these hvywt's thighs. do you need to be a big bodybuilder to raise questions, or criticize? no. but  why put somebody down? attacking their "intelligence?" wtf does that have to do with anything?

good point.

not experienced with synthol, but those shoulders DO look waaaaaay out of proportion to his back and kind of mishapen and smooth too.

don't know what's going on there, but dillet is one of the true freaks of bodybuilding history.

taper, size out of this world. hell, maybe shoulders do look like that on this type of beast.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2006, 05:25:50 AM »
I think his rear delts took the brunt of the work when he did back movements, look at those things.

Its called fake.

musclehead1

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 09:38:32 AM »
Hey bro you said it before me