Author Topic: Whoops: Obama flubs name of first Saudi king  (Read 275 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Whoops: Obama flubs name of first Saudi king
« on: May 22, 2015, 07:14:08 AM »
“As all of you are aware, the United States and Saudi Arabia have an extraordinary friendship and relationship that dates back to Franklin Roosevelt and King Faisal, and we are continuing to build that relationship during a very challenging time,” Obama said during remarks in front of reporters on Wednesday.

The only problem: King Faisal bin Abdul Aziz ruled the kingdom between 1964 and 1975, when he was assassinated by his half-brother’s son. And Roosevelt, of course, died in April 1945.

The Saudi king that ruled during the time of FDR was Abdulaziz ibn Abdul Rahman ibn Faisal ibn Turki ibn Abdullah ibn Muhammad Al Saud, the country’s first monarch. Roosevelt and that king met for the first time aboard the USS Quincy at the Great Bitter Lake in the Suez Canal on Feb. 14, 1945, after the Yalta Conference.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/barack-obama-flubs-name-of-first-saudi-king-117945.html?ml=ri

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Whoops: Obama flubs name of first Saudi king
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »
he Saudi king that ruled during the time of FDR was Abdulaziz ibn Abdul Rahman ibn Faisal ibn Turki ibn Abdullah ibn Muhammad Al Saud, the country’s first monarch.

I can't believe anyone would get such a name incorrect.  Rolls right off the tongue.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:22:57 AM »
I can't believe anyone would get such a name incorrect.  Rolls right off the tongue.

I know, right?  Obama must not know any Mexicans.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »

Obama is an scumbag elitist.

Obviously he has never spoken to the guy who mows his lawn or cleans his house.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 09:45:59 AM »

:D