Author Topic: Catabolic state  (Read 3182 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Catabolic state
« on: October 10, 2007, 11:12:17 AM »
I am trying to increase my body weight, but I think I am on a catabolic state because I lost some kgs. How can I increse T levels naturally and what is the best way to end a catabolic state. I just want to say that I eat a lot 4 times a day, but I can't sleep more than 5 hours. (I am training for powerlifting)
Thanx...
S

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Catabolic state
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:43:50 AM »
Start eating every 2-2.5 hours-aim for 6-8 meals a day with protein at each meal. Have protein and carb drinks with creatine pre and post workout.Sip a dilute carb drink during your workout to minimise cortisol build up.Some saturated fat in your diet may help to support T levels and ZMA is also worth a try.Get your diet right and you will soon be in an anabolic state.Good luck!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:59:44 AM »
Start eating every 2-2.5 hours-aim for 6-8 meals a day with protein at each meal. Have protein and carb drinks with creatine pre and post workout.Sip a dilute carb drink during your workout to minimise cortisol build up.Some saturated fat in your diet may help to support T levels and ZMA is also worth a try.Get your diet right and you will soon be in an anabolic state.Good luck!

Thanx  ;)
S

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:06:44 AM »
I am trying to increase my body weight, but I think I am on a catabolic state because I lost some kgs. How can I increse T levels naturally and what is the best way to end a catabolic state. I just want to say that I eat a lot 4 times a day, but I can't sleep more than 5 hours. (I am training for powerlifting)
Thanx...

Eat plenty of Protine and fat. More sleep. Whey, BCAA,
De-stress.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »
Eating carbohydrates will cause the pancreas to release insulin; insulin is an antagonist hormone of cortisol, that famous 'catabolic' hormone; as insulin levels rise, cortisol levels drop correspondingly.
I hate the State.