Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765444 times)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9825 on: October 22, 2023, 01:16:49 PM »
Bitcoin is still a thing ?? did anyone make money on this ?
K

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9826 on: October 22, 2023, 01:51:58 PM »
So you're waiting for BTC to dump to $20K before you get back in?

I have long term positions already. 

I kept some aside specifically for November to see if I am right on Both equities and crypto.

Entered at 17.5k in 2022. I’ve had a sell off event in Q4 2023 for ages which I narrowed to November and equities driven.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #9827 on: October 22, 2023, 02:00:40 PM »
full Solana for me, purchased between $10 and $19.
It will replace Ethereum which is expensive, slow and limited. it combines all layers in one.
$

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9828 on: October 22, 2023, 07:44:30 PM »
It will replace Ethereum which is expensive, slow and limited. it combines all layers in one.
Solana is more centralized which is why it is faster. But it has had numerous outages these past few years.

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2023/02/28/solana-developers-say-reason-for-network-outage-still-unclear/

"Solana developers said Monday the reason for a network-wide outage over the weekend was still unclear but investigations are ongoing."

“Root cause is still unknown and under active investigation,” developers added.

The problems that started as sluggish transaction processing spiraled into a near complete shutdown of activity on Solana, validators and developers told CoinDesk over the weekend.

Regardless, I think Solana could do very well.

Regarding Ethereum, the Matic L2 is faster than Solana. Matic can handle 65,000 TPS. The Optimism L2 can handle 5,000 TPS. Solana handles around 5,000 TPS, and in testing reached 65,000 TPS. But in real-world transactions, it probably will choke and shut down as it did in the past if it tried to handle that much.

There are still numerous upgrades slated for Ethereum that could increase the overall TPS to 100,000. Vitalik thinks Ethereum will eventually scale to 1 million TPS. Not sure if that includes the entire L2 system.

In the future, the integration between L1 and L2 will be seamless and easy to use.

There's been talk of making Ethereum a Solana L2. And Solana an Ethereum L2, Haha!

https://decrypt.co/147100/solana-co-founder-says-ethereum-could-be-layer-2-sol

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9829 on: October 22, 2023, 07:46:11 PM »
I have long term positions already. 

I kept some aside specifically for November to see if I am right on Both equities and crypto.

Entered at 17.5k in 2022. I’ve had a sell off event in Q4 2023 for ages which I narrowed to November and equities driven.
Bitcoin is finally above $30K!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9830 on: October 22, 2023, 10:26:27 PM »

November dump back to 20k.

Once equities move below 4,200 you’ll see it rollover.

I’ve been very patient waiting for this one.

You think it will drop to 20K???

Wow, will i wish that would happen. I would be loading up the truck at that point. (And that's the problem - many others would, will before it ever hit that price).

As a perfectly limited asset and the ultimate global store of value, BTC price is a pure function of supply and demand. For the reasons I mentioned I see demand far far outstripping supply over the next year, leading to an upward price squeeze which then feeds on itself. We have see this exact set-up before (which is what prompted me to make my earlier post).

For me, I continue just to HODL and nibble away slowly stacking sats and always having buy orders sitting at 5% below current price to try to catch short term down-swings.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9831 on: October 22, 2023, 10:33:07 PM »

Solana is extremely  promising the network hasn't  been down since February...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9832 on: October 22, 2023, 10:57:26 PM »

As opposed to Bitcoin, whose network "hasn't been down" ever ... :)

Put your efforts into Bitcoin young Jedi. United we stand, united we thrive...

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9833 on: October 23, 2023, 04:56:05 AM »
You think it will drop to 20K???

Wow, will i wish that would happen. I would be loading up the truck at that point. (And that's the problem - many others would, will before it ever hit that price).

As a perfectly limited asset and the ultimate global store of value, BTC price is a pure function of supply and demand. For the reasons I mentioned I see demand far far outstripping supply over the next year, leading to an upward price squeeze which then feeds on itself. We have see this exact set-up before (which is what prompted me to make my earlier post).

For me, I continue just to HODL and nibble away slowly stacking sats and always having buy orders sitting at 5% below current price to try to catch short term down-swings.

Yes I think it will sell off. November is the danger window in my numbers so I’ll keep waiting.

Im sticking to my own plan.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #9834 on: October 23, 2023, 08:23:29 AM »

Yep, extremely promising since it came down from 260 to 20.... :D

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9835 on: October 23, 2023, 11:43:57 AM »

HAHHAHHAHHHAHHAHA, what a comment :)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9836 on: October 23, 2023, 11:46:26 AM »

Fiat is still a thing? What we know for certain is that every single person who has held cash has lost value over time.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9837 on: October 23, 2023, 11:55:16 AM »
Yes I think it will sell off. November is the danger window in my numbers so I’ll keep waiting.

Im sticking to my own plan.

I think its quite possible we will see a sell off in US equities at this time. However, I don't agree with the second part of the thesis, that BTC will come down also. Rather i see BTC frontrunning the inevitable easing of conditions which will be expected after a stock decline, being the lowering of interest rates and more money printing. The market cap of BTC is so small compared to equities such that the cash moving from equities into BTC as a safe haven will lead to a surge in BTC demand and hence price.

I do wish you luck though. I would be so happy for another opportunity to buy more BTC at a good price.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9838 on: October 23, 2023, 01:05:48 PM »

Yeah Solana is, please tell me any other coin that's shut down 11 times and still going?If you're ever going to bet the farm and put all  your eggs in one basket, it's Solana.

I've sold all my btc and gone in, not missing out on  the next 100x.

Solana is the Eth killer we deserve and need.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9839 on: October 23, 2023, 01:34:54 PM »
Yeah Solana is, please tell me any other coin that's shut down 11 times and still going?If you're ever going to bet the farm and put all  your eggs in one basket, it's Solana.

I've sold all my btc and gone in, not missing out on  the next 100x.

Solana is the Eth killer we deserve and need.

The human desire to gamble never ceases to amaze me.

The odds of BTC growing 10x over the next few years are pretty good.

The odds of Solana (or pick your favorite "alt" with a "good story) growing 100x over the next few years is virtually zero (although of the infinite number of alts there of course will be some). Yet there always seems to be one more fool willing to part with his money on the hope that he backed the correct dark horse and found a diamond in the rough.

If you really want a 100xer to bet on, I would suggest FileCoin. I don't really see that as a crypto currency but more as a genuine utility token. But again, united we stand, divided we get diluted. We all collectively succeed if we are Bitcoin maxies, and meanwhile, the biggest beneficiary of any alt is the issuer who is trying to syphon off BTC value by getting you to believe in a scam project. Please don't fall into this trap.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9840 on: October 23, 2023, 02:39:51 PM »

The odds of Solana (or pick your favorite "alt" with a "good story) growing 100x over the next few years is virtually zero (although of the infinite number of alts there of course will be some). Yet there always seems to be one more fool willing to part with his money on the hope that he backed the correct dark horse and found a diamond in the rough.

If you really want a 100xer to bet on, I would suggest FileCoin. I don't really see that as a crypto currency but more as a genuine utility token. But again, united we stand, divided we get diluted. We all collectively succeed if we are Bitcoin maxies, and meanwhile, the biggest beneficiary of any alt is the issuer who is trying to syphon off BTC value by getting you to believe in a scam project. Please don't fall into this trap.

lol

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9841 on: October 23, 2023, 02:53:36 PM »

I like watching Ivan Tech. He sees the coming bull run peaking later in 2025. He mentions that bigger market cap coins will see diminishing returns compared to previous bull cycles. Bitcoin did a 20x from 2014 - 2017 and then a +/- 3.5x from 2017-2021. He reckons BTC could reach at least $100,000 in 2025, or maybe sooner. But he does not see it going to $300,000 or $400,000 in this bull run.

Here are his targets:

BTC: $100,000 for sure
ETH: $12,000 minimum (At least a 3X from previous ATH)
BNB: $2,000 (10x maybe)
XRP: Will be happy if it goes to previous ATH of $3
SOL: Not sure if it can go past previous ATH of $259. Thinks it could easily go to $100.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #9842 on: October 23, 2023, 02:57:55 PM »
LOL yea right let me go drop a million on bit crap.
T

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9843 on: October 23, 2023, 03:28:08 PM »
I like watching Ivan Tech. He sees the coming bull run peaking later in 2025. He mentions that bigger market cap coins will see diminishing returns compared to previous bull cycles. Bitcoin did a 20x from 2014 - 2017 and then a +/- 3.5x from 2017-2021. He reckons BTC could reach at least $100,000 in 2025, or maybe sooner. But he does not see it going to $300,000 or $400,000 in this bull run.

Here are his targets:

BTC: $100,000 for sure
ETH: $12,000 minimum (At least a 3X from previous ATH)
BNB: $2,000 (10x maybe)
XRP: Will be happy if it goes to previous ATH of $3
SOL: Not sure if it can go past previous ATH of $259. Thinks it could easily go to $100.

I wouldn't lend credence to this pump and dump shitcoiner. Guy was exposed long ago in those schemes and went on a deleting frenzy trying to cover his tracks.

Didn't he also say bitcoin  can't go up with interest rates above 3%

In terms of price, couldn't care about the other coins , if BTC ETF gets approved then the issuers are going to need a ton of btc tp satisfy consumer demand over the next 12-24 months. That will be interesting to see.

SOL only got to 259 because of that fraudster SBF pumping its bags, him and his cronies. Was also trying to artificially keep the price of btc under 20k. Once these shenanigans stop you will start to see big numbers.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9844 on: October 23, 2023, 04:29:56 PM »
I wouldn't lend credence to this pump and dump shitcoiner. Guy was exposed long ago in those schemes and went on a deleting frenzy trying to cover his tracks.

In terms of price, couldn't care about the other coins , if BTC ETF gets approved then the issuers are going to need a ton of btc tp satisfy consumer demand over the next 12-24 months. That will be interesting to see.

SOL only got to 259 because of that fraudster SBF pumping its bags, him and his cronies. Was also trying to artificially keep the price of btc under 20k. Once these shenanigans stop you will start to see big numbers.
He actually knows something about programming. There's a tutorial of him creating a blockchain on youtube. I also recall him pumping crypto in  2020 and early 2021 and then turning bearish later in the year. And the market did go south shortly after. So he has to get credit for spotting the trend in the crypto market.

I really don't see BTC being the only crypto that thrives. The world is a big place. Not everyone is going to go into BTC. There's room for other blockchains. And applications that BTC is not suited for.  The reality is smaller market-cap coins will outperform BTC in a bull run. They will dump much harder but also go up more. If BTC now goes up $5,000 it's only a 15% increase at $33,000. It sounds impressive, but a newbie investing $10,000 will only have a profit of $1,500. For BTC to make a 10x gain from here on out it needs to go to $330,000.

Doge just needs to go from 6 cents to 60 cents for a 10X. Doge's ATH was 75 cents. If Elon adds Doge to X/Twitter it could certainly reach the previous ATH and beyond. $1 Doge might be possible. Doge is sitting at 6.6 cents right now. That's a 15X. That $10,000 becomes $150,000.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #9845 on: October 23, 2023, 04:35:44 PM »

Yes, he pumps and dumps. That's how you make money. You buy low and sell high. I need to follow that advice. I had a Doge profit of over $100,000 two years ago. I was greedy and did not sell. Then when the price started dumping I said fuck it I'll ride it to the bottom.

Wrong mentality. Diamond hands are fine but crypto is going to pump and dump like a pyramid scheme. It can't go up forever and it can't stay sidewise forever. Nobody would get into crypto if there were no changes. And some people make money when it dumps. Crypto is going to pump and dump for a few more cycles.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9846 on: October 23, 2023, 05:16:27 PM »
He actually knows something about programming. There's a tutorial of him creating a blockchain on youtube. I also recall him pumping crypto in  2020 and early 2021 and then turning bearish later in the year. And the market did go south shortly after. So he has to get credit for spotting the trend in the crypto market.

I really don't see BTC being the only crypto that thrives. The world is a big place. Not everyone is going to go into BTC. There's room for other blockchains. And applications that BTC is not suited for.  The reality is smaller market-cap coins will outperform BTC in a bull run. They will dump much harder but also go up more. If BTC now goes up $5,000 it's only a 15% increase at $33,000. It sounds impressive, but a newbie investing $10,000 will only have a profit of $1,500. For BTC to make a 10x gain from here on out it needs to go to $330,000.

Doge just needs to go from 6 cents to 60 cents for a 10X. Doge's ATH was 75 cents. If Elon adds Doge to X/Twitter it could certainly reach the previous ATH and beyond. $1 Doge might be possible. Doge is sitting at 6.6 cents right now. That's a 15X. That $10,000 becomes $150,000.

pumping and dumping coins on your followers where you command alot of influence online is not only un-ethical  it's also illegal. Why do you think half these scammers move to Dubai?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9847 on: October 23, 2023, 05:44:18 PM »

Last cycle was about price suppression  via paper btc, what if this cycle is about price expansion? Having your money in a centralised shitcoin that will outpace btc by 3 or 4x is degenerate gambling.

Last cycle I over heard conversations of people patting each other on the back listing their portfolio with 5+ coins in it. "wow, that's great choice of coins".

This isn't the S&p 500, there will be no top 500 coins. 99% will eventually goto 0 against btc. I'd say Eth will keep up along side, but on a long enough time frame btc will absolutely  eclipse it on a pricing and use case scenario.

I'd rather sleep well at night knowing my wealth is in a decentrilised blue chip asset rather than chasing the next 10-100x. Here's the kicke4, btc still has another 100x in it.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9848 on: October 23, 2023, 07:39:39 PM »
I think its quite possible we will see a sell off in US equities at this time. However, I don't agree with the second part of the thesis, that BTC will come down also. Rather i see BTC frontrunning the inevitable easing of conditions which will be expected after a stock decline, being the lowering of interest rates and more money printing. The market cap of BTC is so small compared to equities such that the cash moving from equities into BTC as a safe haven will lead to a surge in BTC demand and hence price.

I do wish you luck though. I would be so happy for another opportunity to buy more BTC at a good price.

I had BTC to 41k this year BUT if it was going to happen I had it before November. We have A week left so let’s see.

Price now at 34.5k so this is a solid breakout. This is why I have big positions already as imagine having nothing and then it breaks to 35k 😱  if we can get to the 40s any pullback might be where we just came from lol

I’m happy either direction.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9849 on: October 23, 2023, 07:51:47 PM »

Just looked at the ETH gas cost on defi to do a small $5 transaction and it was $29.97……..