Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765874 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10175 on: January 08, 2024, 05:42:31 PM »
To tie my short novel above into why Saylor is a total Degenerate who will be nuked, he is soaking up people dumping on him by issuing shares and sending the price up which allows issuing of more shares to soak up more dumping. He successfully built the self funding infinite energy machine.

Where are the other big buyers? Why after 4yrs are we still relying on Saylor buying? We should have another 10,000 Sailors right now. Hell, even Tesla dumped but where is their replacement?

The S&P PE ratio peaked at 47 during the Dotcom, it peaked at 123 for the GFC. MSTR currently sits at 590, is the 3rd largest BTC holder and its operation is buying BTC to make the price go up so it can issue shares to buy BTC and make the price go up.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10176 on: January 09, 2024, 07:31:55 AM »
Saylor won. He is King Degen

ETF approval tomorrow and they start trading Thursday (unverified)

58K btc soon?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10177 on: January 09, 2024, 09:35:39 AM »
To tie my short novel above into why Saylor is a total Degenerate who will be nuked, he is soaking up people dumping on him by issuing shares and sending the price up which allows issuing of more shares to soak up more dumping. He successfully built the self funding infinite energy machine.

Where are the other big buyers? Why after 4yrs are we still relying on Saylor buying? We should have another 10,000 Sailors right now. Hell, even Tesla dumped but where is their replacement?

The S&P PE ratio peaked at 47 during the Dotcom, it peaked at 123 for the GFC. MSTR currently sits at 590, is the 3rd largest BTC holder and its operation is buying BTC to make the price go up so it can issue shares to buy BTC and make the price go up.

A few quick comments.

Saylor is an absolute legend.

What his doing is entirely appropriate. Anyone (and any could have borrowed (devaluing) money, and purchased (appreciating) Bitcoin. Indeed, this is the role of capital - to efficiently allocate to ensure it is best preserved and/or produces the greatest return. He was entirely transparent about this at all times, and any shareholder who didn't like this move was free to sell (and those that did now regret it big time).

Further, when you have the underlying income-producing part of the business overvalued (by my calculation by around 30%), it again is the right thing to do, to issue shares, and then make use of that money to benefit shareholders by putting it to better use to create value, which is exactly what he is doing.

MSTR owns around 0.7% of all BTC ever issued, which is a shitload - good on them, they moved fast and decisively. He is also a great advocate for BTC, which at the same time is of great benefit to his sharehodlers.

Again, any company could have (and still can) adopt a similar strategy. Indeed thousands of companies are already buying BTC as a reserve asset, and the real big boys in finance (who move much slower) are about to get started doing so, as over time, will sovereign wealth funds. So, this party is just getting started. If BTC continues this progression in adoption, the value of BTC in a decade will be mind-blowing. (I urge anyone to become a whole-coiner if they still can).

Tesla I suspect will move directly into BTC mining (you heard it here first). A typical Musk move, for numerous reasons.

As for MSTR, don't let the PE distract you. The BTC EFT's by comparison will have zero "E".  That MSTR has any E at all in simply a function of their data analytics biz compared to their overall assets they hold (which is of course the BTC). So I would expect that PE to continue to increase over time.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10178 on: January 09, 2024, 01:33:50 PM »
Saylor won. He is King Degen

ETF approval tomorrow and they start trading Thursday (unverified)

58K btc soon?

Yeah a big pump over 50k would be nice.

ETH Target is somewhere around 3000. Same return as BTC. Bottom price should have been 250 instead of 950 but that was the result of the frontrun. Instead of 12x it’s a 3x.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10179 on: January 09, 2024, 02:57:49 PM »
Honest question. Who here is a Bitcoin millionaire?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10180 on: January 09, 2024, 03:00:51 PM »
A few quick comments.

Saylor is an absolute legend.

What his doing is entirely appropriate. Anyone (and any could have borrowed (devaluing) money, and purchased (appreciating) Bitcoin. Indeed, this is the role of capital - to efficiently allocate to ensure it is best preserved and/or produces the greatest return. He was entirely transparent about this at all times, and any shareholder who didn't like this move was free to sell (and those that did now regret it big time).

Further, when you have the underlying income-producing part of the business overvalued (by my calculation by around 30%), it again is the right thing to do, to issue shares, and then make use of that money to benefit shareholders by putting it to better use to create value, which is exactly what he is doing.

MSTR owns around 0.7% of all BTC ever issued, which is a shitload - good on them, they moved fast and decisively. He is also a great advocate for BTC, which at the same time is of great benefit to his sharehodlers.

Again, any company could have (and still can) adopt a similar strategy. Indeed thousands of companies are already buying BTC as a reserve asset, and the real big boys in finance (who move much slower) are about to get started doing so, as over time, will sovereign wealth funds. So, this party is just getting started. If BTC continues this progression in adoption, the value of BTC in a decade will be mind-blowing. (I urge anyone to become a whole-coiner if they still can).

Tesla I suspect will move directly into BTC mining (you heard it here first). A typical Musk move, for numerous reasons.

As for MSTR, don't let the PE distract you. The BTC EFT's by comparison will have zero "E".  That MSTR has any E at all in simply a function of their data analytics biz compared to their overall assets they hold (which is of course the BTC). So I would expect that PE to continue to increase over time.

You see that -20% whack to the MSTR share price right now? Dude, That was Saylor dumping his own MSTR shares on everybody 😂…… #visionary #HoDL #soearly

MSTR bought Bitcoin first with cash, then raised 2 share maturities which are currently underwater, then raised debt at junk bond interest rates, now issue new shares to buy Bitcoin. A business based on the price of BTC with a model that has raised annual debt the last 3yrs to buy Bitcoin to pump the price of which they are on their 4th and final method of capital raising.

A legend indeed. Blows it up in Dotcom. Has no salary or bonus since then. Just as his last capital raising method gets exhausted and BTC nears a peak, he exercises all his share options and dumps the lot on everybody 🤣

You’ll see it unfold in the next bear market. $150 won’t hold and he knows he has fucked the share price.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #10181 on: January 09, 2024, 03:03:57 PM »
A lot of dreamers in this thread. Unlikely that even one has even close to a million.
T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #10182 on: January 09, 2024, 04:23:31 PM »
A million pesos maybe.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10183 on: January 09, 2024, 05:24:17 PM »
A lot of dreamers in this thread. Unlikely that even one has even close to a million.

I figured even if I bought then years ago for $1 I probably would have sold at $100. 

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10184 on: January 09, 2024, 05:44:08 PM »

Didn't you know? This is the cycle  maxis become hectar millionaires.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10185 on: January 09, 2024, 06:07:41 PM »

gib is the only one I think.

Some dude (not aobsidian) came on here back in 2021 and said he had 750k in Doge and I believe from there price doubled and he was holding. Even if he dumped at lows he would still have a couple hundred grand.

I have $100 invested in ‘spastic’.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10186 on: January 10, 2024, 02:24:36 AM »

Lol, well yes there is me. But there must be quite a few others. I am sure there are some who just don't wish to disclose. This thread started when BTC was around USD 4.5K, so we have 10x'd since then. So anyone who had more than 100K invested in Sats at that time and simply hodl'd would be a BTC millionaire.

In my immediate circle of closest friends, 5 of 6 are BTC millionaires also. (And one is a non-coiner yet to be converted, despite our best efforts). In my broader circle of friends, numerous others are also BTC millionaire.

My strong advice to anyone here, is GET TO ONE COIN NOW, WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

And if you can't get to one coin, and least get off zero and start stacking.

Anyone who can get a coin now at 45K, (which may seem "expensive") will appear like one of the greatest investments of all time in a decade to come.

The next 12 hours is a crucial window, and I expect some volatility over the next 3 months (both up and down), but again, my advice is buy now within the next 12 hours , and then either way buy hard over the next 6 months. This next phase is going to be fun, and everyone here still has a chance to be part of it and front-run the real power-players of global finance.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #10187 on: January 10, 2024, 02:41:27 AM »

I believe Dr Goodrum did exceptionally well in bitcoin.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10188 on: January 10, 2024, 02:41:39 AM »
Lol@ the SEC. Hilarious couple of hours last night. Literally laughed myself to sleep.

Market has shown its hand though. Spot ETF announcement was sell the news and roll into ETH ecosystem. ETH maxis breathing a huge sigh of relief (so am I as Arbitrum is a huge long term play for me)

Short term sell the news people surely got this wrong as ETF inflows don't appear to be priced in. Either way everything still looks good to continue running.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10189 on: January 10, 2024, 02:45:53 AM »
Lol, well yes there is me. But there must me quite a few others (many they just don't wish to disclose). This thread started when BTC was around USD 4.5K, so we have 10x'd since then.

Price of BTC was around $250 when this thread started (thread title got changed at $5k) so it's more like a x180

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10190 on: January 10, 2024, 02:56:07 AM »
So let me get this straight... I am a dick because I say blipcoin is a Ponzi bubble mania, with no fundamentals, no intrinsic value whatsoever and had a parabolic rise based on the greater fool principle?

I call things how I see them.  I don't want people here to get their face ripped off buying into the biggest maniacal Ponzi bubble in history. 

Why are you so threatened by me?   

Buy some silver and be patient.  That's free advice.

Mr Anabolic's advice didn't work out too well...

Our resident financial expert elder, attempted to protect GetBigger's from the evils of BTC when it was around the 3K mark to help stop them from "getting their face ripped off" and put them instead into gold and silver, which have of course both performed appallingly compared to BTC since that time. :-*

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10191 on: January 10, 2024, 02:57:23 AM »
I believe Dr Goodrum did exceptionally well in bitcoin.

He was indeed an early visionary. However, as far as I know, he sold way way early on too. He was a man ahead of his time...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10192 on: January 10, 2024, 02:59:41 AM »
Price of BTC was around $250 when this thread started (thread title got changed at $5k) so it's more like a x180

True - good point.

PS - I was the original OG who started and actually named this thread " Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!. However, yes there were many prior discussions, and even this thread was merged with an older thread I believe (done by Ron?), which is why you don't see me as the first poster.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10193 on: January 10, 2024, 03:04:12 AM »
Really fun reading back at this thread. Fascinating to see all the objections and self-bargaining and doubt and confusion and FUD and denials etc throughout the years. One of my intentions was to capture, for historical analysis, the mindset and mental issues that come from a diverse range of society grappling with a new financial tool for future historians to look back on. I think we have done a great job there.

And Mr Anabolic in particular just provided so much perfect material capturing the zeitgeit and absolute mental anguish of a no-coiner trying to come to terms with BTC. For him, by the way, there will be a special post from me once we breach 100K.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10194 on: January 10, 2024, 03:11:39 AM »
True - good point.

PS - I was the original OG who started and actually named this thread " Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!. However, yes there were many prior discussions, and even this thread was merged with an older thread I believe (done by Ron?), which is why you don't see me as the first poster.

Yeah a few older threads got merged. This was your original thread post just before $5k.

Hope all u guys got some. You will be able to retire and just chill and train if they ever get to 100k per coin.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10195 on: January 10, 2024, 04:21:02 AM »

Which one of you is dumping Shib and not letting me get my pump on?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10196 on: January 10, 2024, 06:53:28 AM »
Which one of you is dumping Shib and not letting me get my pump on?

Not me buddy. But there is one narrative and concern that shortly after BTC is approved, the SEC and others will finally crack down hard on alts and exchanges who deal in them. Certainly the SEC can say "you have been warned" and they have warned so many times. Post BTC's corporate legitimization, all the powers that be will be massively incentivized to further emphasize the distinction between Bitcoin and "crypto". We will see this at a regulatory level, at an advertising and market education from all the ETF's, and we might just see the exchanges be pulled into voluntary compliance. Remember, many of those in traditional finance do not benefit from crypto. They are about to get BTC as their toy, and so are inherently incented to ensure BTC succeeds, and further to attract any funds in alts into the realm.

Market will also be looking closely at any language around this topic from Gensler (it may be direct, or it maybe subtle requiring a little deduction). Also interesting on ETH, which may just escape the wrath of the SEC, or may not, so we could well see Eth move in 2 totally different directions, depending on the stance taken.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10198 on: January 10, 2024, 02:27:09 PM »

Some dude (not aobsidian) came on here back in 2021 and said he had 750k in Doge and I believe from there price doubled and he was holding. Even if he dumped at lows he would still have a couple hundred grand.

I have $100 invested in ‘spastic’.
I remember that guy!

My crypto portfolio touched half a million in the previous bull market. It's in recovery mode now, hopefully soon to breach $300,000. I am just going to HODL this shit - again! But this time I will take profits for sure. I'll pay taxes upfront as soon as it is cashed out, that way I won't have any nasty surprises waiting.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10199 on: January 10, 2024, 02:28:31 PM »
If I recall, Gib had over 50 BTC. Perhaps more. His crypto portfolio has to be at least $2-3 million.