Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 764998 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #10500 on: March 07, 2024, 01:57:26 AM »
I will be completely wrong and I am a retard.

Old accounts dumping en masse like now happens only when tops are forming.

Only 1 time in Bitcoin’s history were old accounts this active and we didn’t hit an ATH. That 1 time was not anything like today.

One account mate. No Biggie. For every BTC OG selling some Sats, there are 10x Billionaires willing to buy...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10501 on: March 07, 2024, 01:59:34 AM »
I was expecting a lot of old accounts to become active, but not because it's a top. Selling and going into ETFs

Agree with that too. I know a number of early hodlers, who are now putting some amount in to the ETFs. Not because they don't believe in self custody, but for convenience, diversification of custody, and also as it helps legitimize their wealth with KYC etc once in the system.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10503 on: March 07, 2024, 11:09:02 AM »
https://cointelegraph.com/news/tesla-buying-bitcoin-btc-wallet-curiosity

They better be that's the only way they are going to be able to show a profit this year on the balance sheet because they are going to lose money selling cars.  Sneaky or Smart Elon?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10504 on: March 07, 2024, 01:04:50 PM »
Cheers Flex and gib.

I am calling we are going to have the cycle top this month.

My target of 76k likely will be hit next week, if it blows through it, perhaps 96k.

A top in hindsight is always easy to see. I ‘think’ I have enough info to tell me we are at the end, I cannot see it clearly though, it’s still foggy for me.

Buying at 17.5k was an easier call to make than this. It’s plausible 69k was actually the top and we all missed it and perhaps we double top (68k now). This is why I went alts, to give me time for my own error of judgment.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10505 on: March 07, 2024, 01:50:30 PM »
Not sure if this is legit or not.

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/news-in-crypto/bitcoinik:microstrategy-planning-to-buy-ethereum-eth-report

Microstrategy Planning To Buy Ethereum (ETH): Report

Reportedly Nasdaq listed business intelligence firm Microstrategy planning to invest in Ethereum (ETH).

Microstrategy is a business intelligence firm that is mainly known for its Bitcoin investment strategy. Since Aug 2020, this company has been investing in Bitcoin. This company aimed to add multi-million Bitcoin to the company’s balance sheet. To date, this company is holding 193,000 BTC with a net 73% profit.

On 6 March 2024, Crypto Intelligence News reported that a person close to Microstrategy disclosed that the company was planning to buy Ethereum (ETH) to add to the company’s balance sheet.

The report confirmed that they’re still not sure whether the information is right or not but asked the Microstrategy firm directly on this matter. So far no response from Microstrategy or any executive came on this report.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10506 on: March 07, 2024, 01:58:31 PM »
I've seen two influencers now thinking Ethereum is going to run to a 30-36% dominance this cycle. Right now it is at around 18.8% and Bitcoin at 50.8%.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10507 on: March 07, 2024, 03:37:32 PM »

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10508 on: March 07, 2024, 08:00:37 PM »
Not sure if this is legit or not.

https://cryptodaily.co.uk/news-in-crypto/bitcoinik:microstrategy-planning-to-buy-ethereum-eth-report

Microstrategy Planning To Buy Ethereum (ETH): Report

Reportedly Nasdaq listed business intelligence firm Microstrategy planning to invest in Ethereum (ETH).

Microstrategy is a business intelligence firm that is mainly known for its Bitcoin investment strategy. Since Aug 2020, this company has been investing in Bitcoin. This company aimed to add multi-million Bitcoin to the company’s balance sheet. To date, this company is holding 193,000 BTC with a net 73% profit.

On 6 March 2024, Crypto Intelligence News reported that a person close to Microstrategy disclosed that the company was planning to buy Ethereum (ETH) to add to the company’s balance sheet.

The report confirmed that they’re still not sure whether the information is right or not but asked the Microstrategy firm directly on this matter. So far no response from Microstrategy or any executive came on this report.

This is some sexy news!  Hopefully it’s true.  Maybe Saylor has inside info on the ETF and if the ETF are true for Ether then the price ramp should be similar to what the ETFs did for BTC. 

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10509 on: March 07, 2024, 08:01:53 PM »
Cheers Flex and gib.

I am calling we are going to have the cycle top this month.

My target of 76k likely will be hit next week, if it blows through it, perhaps 96k.

A top in hindsight is always easy to see. I ‘think’ I have enough info to tell me we are at the end, I cannot see it clearly though, it’s still foggy for me.

Buying at 17.5k was an easier call to make than this. It’s plausible 69k was actually the top and we all missed it and perhaps we double top (68k now). This is why I went alts, to give me time for my own error of judgment.

Why are you selling whether this is a top or not BTC is easily going past 100k at some point.  Are you in it for gambling short term gains? 

And going to alts for what to gamble? what’s your sell ROI number?

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10510 on: March 08, 2024, 08:27:14 AM »
$70,000.00

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10511 on: March 08, 2024, 09:15:14 AM »
$70,000.00

There goes the double top theory.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10512 on: March 08, 2024, 12:45:35 PM »
FILECOIN IS AWAKENING...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10513 on: March 10, 2024, 05:01:03 AM »
New ATH just hit. 70083.06

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10514 on: March 10, 2024, 05:15:24 AM »
Anybody know why BNB is pumping so hard?

The past 7 days it's up 31.32%. Sitting at around $535. I have not yet sold any BNB. The ATH for BNB was $699. Nigeria just slammed Binance with a $10 billion fine. It seems like everyone and their mother is going after Binance. There's negative news everywhere, and almost nobody is talking about BNB on Youtube. And yet here we are. I am starting to root for Binance the underdog.

Perhaps one reason is Coinbase has literally bogged down because of the recent rallies. Binance has not had any major issues.

7 Day Performance:

BTC: 13.05%
ETH: 15.96%
BNB: 31.32%
SOL: 14.93%
DOGE: 30.05%
SHIBA: 63.30%

FILECOIN: 15.31% (FOR GIBS)

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10515 on: March 10, 2024, 05:22:39 AM »
$70,000.00
Lurker should rename the thread when BTC approaches $100,000.

Bitcoins - about to hit $100,000 per coin today!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10516 on: March 10, 2024, 08:33:38 AM »
Anybody know why BNB is pumping so hard?

The past 7 days it's up 31.32%. Sitting at around $535. I have not yet sold any BNB. The ATH for BNB was $699. Nigeria just slammed Binance with a $10 billion fine. It seems like everyone and their mother is going after Binance. There's negative news everywhere, and almost nobody is talking about BNB on Youtube. And yet here we are. I am starting to root for Binance the underdog.

Perhaps one reason is Coinbase has literally bogged down because of the recent rallies. Binance has not had any major issues.

7 Day Performance:

BTC: 13.05%
ETH: 15.96%
BNB: 31.32%
SOL: 14.93%
DOGE: 30.05%
SHIBA: 63.30%

FILECOIN: 15.31% (FOR GIBS)

The $10B fine was fake news. Either way it's not one Binance would bother paying.

Loads of Alts, including BNB have or will pump hard as they are following bitcoin. Bitcoin broke it's 52k resistance (sell pressure) and ran up to 70K because there were no sellers in that range. Alts are similarly running up as they are breaking their resistances.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10517 on: March 10, 2024, 03:41:38 PM »
Lurker should rename the thread when BTC approaches $100,000.

Bitcoins - about to hit $100,000 per coin today!

Maybe start a new thread? 

The 5k title is sort of irrelevant now. A 100k title makes more sense and we can start a new history moving forward. This has been an enjoyable topic.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #10518 on: March 10, 2024, 04:35:25 PM »
Personally as an observer I feel having all the bitcoin discussion history chronicled in one single thread is one of its greatest strengths: it's literally an anecdotal real-time journey of both the price ebbs & flows and opinion/mood variants over the years, really interesting stuff along with the usual getbig eccentricities

Just my 2 cents tiny fraction of a bitcoin's worth

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10519 on: March 10, 2024, 07:16:04 PM »
Personally as an observer I feel having all the bitcoin discussion history chronicled in one single thread is one of its greatest strengths: it's literally an anecdotal real-time journey of both the price ebbs & flows and opinion/mood variants over the years, really interesting stuff along with the usual getbig eccentricities

Think of it like chapters. Each chapter has had a different theme, a short story for each. The thread is pretty stale now.

20k was when gib was talking of a new world currency etc

The 65k run had a post Covid world and the Mr Anabolic meltdown

Now we have the road to 100k. different again with myself pushing bearish narratives as we approach the ATH. Some new characters entering recently adding fresh eyes and inputs.

Perhaps we need a group meme coin we pick and all of us buy?

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #10520 on: March 10, 2024, 07:50:21 PM »
I say leave it the way it is like chapters in a book. No need to start a new book. I think mayday is just having second thoughts on his bearish outlook and would rather play ostrich and bury his head in the sand.   The story is far from over as I and gib agree total Bitcoin market cap is headed toward and above gold.  13 trillion or so at that market cap BTC would be 650,000 a coin.  The only question is how many years or decades to get there and how far do we go past 650,000 a coin?   

But you know Pepe shib and doge is always a fun gamble until you’re left holding the bag.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10521 on: March 10, 2024, 09:45:29 PM »
I say leave it the way it is like chapters in a book. No need to start a new book. I think mayday is just having second thoughts on his bearish outlook and would rather play ostrich and bury his head in the sand.   The story is far from over as I and gib agree total Bitcoin market cap is headed toward and above gold.  13 trillion or so at that market cap BTC would be 650,000 a coin.  The only question is how many years or decades to get there and how far do we go past 650,000 a coin?   

But you know Pepe shib and doge is always a fun gamble until you’re left holding the bag.
The gold market cap might very well go to a lot more than $13 trillion if the USD collapses. The USD is almost in a death spiral. Mainstream is even talking about it. The US debt is apparently growing around  $1 trillion every 100 days. This is not sustainable. At some point people will not want to sell their cryptos or assets because they would end up with useless Zimbabwean money. Imagine the last guy that sells $100 million worth of BTC and the currency goes the way of the Weimar currency. He'll be fucked out of his assets.

If the USD really collapses BTC will go to a million fast!

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/the-us-national-debt-is-rising-by-1-trillion-about-every-100-days.html#:~:text=The%20debt%20load%20of%20the,U.S.%20Department%20of%20the%20Treasury.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/digital-assets/2024/03/04/us-dollar-collapse-bank-of-america-issues-shocking-1-trillion-every-100-days-warning-amid-huge-bitcoin-ethereum-xrp-and-crypto-price-boom-to-rival-gold/?sh=2e1133b78da0

U.S. Dollar Death Spiral ‘Crisis’ Fears Grow After Bank Of America Issues Shocking ‘$1 Trillion Every 100 Days’ Warning Amid Huge Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP And Crypto Price Boom

03/04 update below. This post was originally published on March 2

Bitcoin—alongside the wider ethereum, XRP and crypto market—has rocketed higher over the last year (with some forecasting a even "bigger Wall Street wave coming").

The bitcoin price has topped $60,000 per bitcoin, making it a $1 trillion asset again, while the combined ethereum, XRP and crypto market is well over $2 trillion—triggering a serious warning of "massive collateral damage."

Now, as new emails reveal "staggering" clues to the true identity of mystery bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, Bank of AmericaBAC -0.1% analysts have warned the U.S. debt load is about to ramp up to add $1 trillion every 100 days—fueling a bitcoin price surge.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10522 on: March 11, 2024, 12:02:33 AM »

Saylor coming in with a $700M buy this week and the leverage longs got wiped out last Friday and those re-entering over the weekend  got wiped out a few hours ago.

At $69K on now. A repeat of last of week puts BTC at $76K in the next 24 to 48 hours.

It can't be this easy!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10523 on: March 11, 2024, 01:44:06 AM »

Saylor coming in with a $700K buy this week and the leverage longs got wiped out last Friday and those re-entering over the weekend  got wiped out a few hours ago.

At $69K on now. A repeat of last of week puts BTC at $76K in the next 24 to 48 hours.

It can't be this easy!

It is mate.

I have 76k open this week.

And now the games begin!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10524 on: March 11, 2024, 03:28:37 AM »

You summarized this nicely - when I started this thread, (and used that title) that is exactly what I hoped to achieve. This thread is not just about GetBiggers. It will be a unique historical thread, which I believe economists, technologists, philosophers and ;psychologists will look back at over time, as it really encapsulates nicely how humans deal with and adapt to a new form of technology and thinking. There are also still many people new to Bitcoin, and taking the time to read this thread from beginning to end would really serve them well if they took the time to do so.