Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765473 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4575 on: January 27, 2021, 04:17:43 PM »
Just a side note, the length of time changes the numbers.

I believe there is 10-14 days left of pullback. I am going the route of shorter but more aggressive pullbacks and ramps because this is what I have seen in the data. 19 days from peak and we are at a -25% pullback. That is very aggressive hence my 21k target which is a 48% pullback on price.

However, the pullback might decide to take another 21-28 days in which case the bottom will be less aggressive. This would put a price target around 25k which is a 39% pullback. This would require a change of the buy/sell patterns displayed in these last 19 days to being less aggressive. Definitely possible.

Both price target are plausible.

I believe it’s eyeing 26k-28k at the moment. Generally speaking we see a hard puke to the bottom at the very tail end of a pullback. Going from 26k to 25k is more of a cuddle than a hard puke so I think it’ll still be an aggressive drop towards the 21k mark.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4576 on: January 27, 2021, 04:24:17 PM »
Just a side note, the length of time changes the numbers.

I believe there is 10-14 days left of pullback. I am going the route of shorter but more aggressive pullbacks and ramps because this is what I have seen in the data. 19 days from peak and we are at a -25% pullback. That is very aggressive hence my 21k target which is a 48% pullback on price.

However, the pullback might decide to take another 21-28 days in which case the bottom will be less aggressive. This would put a price target around 25k which is a 39% pullback. This would require a change of the buy/sell patterns displayed in these last 19 days to being less aggressive. Definitely possible.

Both price target are plausible.

I believe it’s eyeing 26k-28k at the moment. Generally speaking we see a hard puke to the bottom at the very tail end of a pullback. Going from 26k to 25k is more of a cuddle than a hard puke so I think it’ll still be an aggressive drop towards the 21k mark.

Ok. But again,  im curious, about  the long term scenerio for those that choose to hodl...are their hopes in vain for future ATH's if things go way down? Even a year from now,  will we ever see the high prices we have been seeing recently.or is  this ride.over?

Appreciate your.time.in responding to my limited knowledge posts. I'm trying to grasp it all and you do help.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4577 on: January 27, 2021, 04:32:06 PM »
Thank you for explaining further.
I know you mentioned you don't read crypto news so I hope you don't mind if i ask your opinion on articles that suggest that after Feb 8ths decision, long term either scenerio still remains bullish for btc but short term pain might be inevitable. 

Is the long term game plan still viable?

We have a decade history of price revival. The major coins will be fine.

On the flip side for the majority of alt coins, they will die a fiery death.

For BTC I still think:
Next move is 21k
Parabolic to 55k (slightly higher on the daily)
massive market short and puke down to 25k
move to a 40k baseline

It is more probable for BTC to hit an all time high in the coming months than it is at the back end of the year. That is also something to consider.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4578 on: January 27, 2021, 04:40:30 PM »
Ok. But again,  im curious, about  the long term scenerio for those that choose to hodl...are their hopes in vain for future ATH's if things go way down? Even a year from now,  will we ever see the high prices we have been seeing recently.or is  this ride.over?

For BTC I have stated I don’t think it will go as high as people think. I think it will be overtaken.

When the wealthy and powerful tell you it has no future one should probably listen. Doesn’t mean we can’t make money in the short term. But HODLers might lose out.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4579 on: January 27, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »
For BTC I have stated I don’t think it will go as high as people think. I think it will be overtaken.

When the wealthy and powerful tell you it has no future one should probably listen. Doesn’t mean we can’t make money in the short term. But HODLers might lose out.

That is both settling and frightening to hear. Lol

I had one last question and again I apologize if its a stupid one.

Why would the ethereum futures contracts have such a negative.effect on btc's price? They are separate entities and btc has had the most effect on the movement of the other coins, not the other way around..

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4580 on: January 27, 2021, 05:04:31 PM »

Weak hands getting shaken from the tree right now lol! Just hold and forget about it. The price will go up and down. Long term it will trend up! They are not going to stop printing dollars because they don't have a choice. The US debt will also never be paid off with a strong dollar. Perhaps a weak dollar....

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4581 on: January 27, 2021, 05:49:17 PM »
That is both settling and frightening to hear. Lol

I had one last question and again I apologize if its a stupid one.

Why would the ethereum futures contracts have such a negative.effect on btc's price? They are separate entities and btc has had the most effect on the movement of the other coins, not the other way around..

BTC drives market direction so you make BTC go down to ensure ETH is in a downward trend and then you apply huge shorting pressure to ETH on top which would see that ratio of 0.041 unwind which creates a larger short position.

ETH really could get utterly demolished in that scenario because just unwinding the ETH ratio back to 0.03 creates a 30% pullback alone and then add on top a market pullback of 20% and it’s suddenly very appealing to short BTC and get a 50% position vs a 30% position with the added security that you made the market swing downward anyway so it’s pretty much a guaranteed win vs shorting just ETH.

Don’t get overly bogged down in it. If you are putting money in the line, Just sit and wait.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4582 on: January 27, 2021, 05:57:11 PM »
Weak hands getting shaken from the tree right now lol! Just hold and forget about it. The price will go up and down. Long term it will trend up! They are not going to stop printing dollars because they don't have a choice. The US debt will also never be paid off with a strong dollar. Perhaps a weak dollar....

It isn’t a question surrounding monetary policy.

It is a question of whether BTC becomes the chosen one. Right now, it isn’t.

The powerful wealthy have said BTC will die. Therefore I’ll side with the billionaires and banks.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4583 on: January 27, 2021, 06:26:05 PM »
Imagine Bitcoin at $10000000 there would’ve be enough money to cash it out.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4584 on: January 27, 2021, 06:31:49 PM »
It isn’t a question surrounding monetary policy.

It is a question of whether BTC becomes the chosen one. Right now, it isn’t.

The powerful wealthy have said BTC will die. Therefore I’ll side with the billionaires and banks.
Which wealthy? Old farts like Warren Buffet? He'll be dead in a few years and after that will have zero opinion. The future belongs to the younger generation that's alive now.

This is just more FUD! LMAO!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4585 on: January 27, 2021, 06:32:58 PM »
Imagine Bitcoin at $10000000 there would’ve be enough money to cash it out.
If it goes that high I would imagine exchanges would limit how much you can withdraw to avoid a run on the banks situation.

I wonder if there will be an option to trade Bitcoin for stocks like Amazon, Tesla etc?! I would be all for that to diversify.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4586 on: January 27, 2021, 06:34:59 PM »
https://www.commandiv.com/

Stocks and crypto, finally together.
Commandiv lets you trade stocks, funds, and major cryptocurrencies all in one place.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4587 on: January 27, 2021, 06:36:41 PM »
Bitcoin and ETH appear to be trending up a little again. A lot of weak hands exposed lol! Bitboy Crypto flopped like a bitch. One day he says it is going to the moon and the next day it is crashing to the bottom. He totally exposed himself the past few days lol!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4588 on: January 27, 2021, 06:40:32 PM »
Don't buy high sell low. Time to PAMP UP ETH!  Ivan Tech is fucking hilarious! ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4589 on: January 27, 2021, 06:42:49 PM »
Can Ethereum put on the the big boy pants and go to 50K?! We'll see.  :P

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4590 on: January 27, 2021, 06:46:30 PM »
Which wealthy? Old farts like Warren Buffet? He'll be dead in a few years and after that will have zero opinion. The future belongs to the younger generation that's alive now.

This is just more FUD! LMAO!

Its good to not be stuck in an echo chamber. I like hearing the differing opinions and Mayday seems to have a good grasp of how things are unfolding. Of course anything is possible but again, id rather err on the side of caution then throw that caution to the wind.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4591 on: January 27, 2021, 06:50:51 PM »
Bitcoin and ETH appear to be trending up a little again. A lot of weak hands exposed lol! Bitboy Crypto flopped like a bitch. One day he says it is going to the moon and the next day it is crashing to the bottom. He totally exposed himself the past few days lol!

Yeah I unsubscribed after a few days . These guys basically say the same thing in every video. Its gonna exploade upwards but this isn't financial advice, it might also go down.

Its hilarious, he said were in a bull market, don't freak and then  this morning I guess the live chat and comments had him cracking under the pressure.  ::)

He bargs about his consecutive winning streak but didn't see this happen.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4592 on: January 27, 2021, 07:06:30 PM »
Its good to not be stuck in an echo chamber. I like hearing the differing opinions and Mayday seems to have a good grasp of how things are unfolding. Of course anything is possible but again, id rather err on the side of caution then throw that caution to the wind.
Nothing wrong with that. We need to be cautious. Look at what's happening with Gamestop right now lol!

https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/27/could-meme-stocks-like-gamestop-kill-bitcoins-rise/

Cryptocurrencies, more so than most other things, are only valuable because of a shared agreement that they are valuable. Their value is a product of digital handshakes over millions of transactions firming up that consensus. For bitcoin, the trust that it has worth has turned more valuable in the past several months; it’s been on a tear.

The (very bizarre) question is whether a new avenue of applying blind trust by brigading trashcan-level stocks and turning them into memes could threaten the appeal of cryptocurrencies for retail investors.

Over the past several days, we’ve seen stocks ranging from GameStop, Blockbuster and AMC make unjustifiable gains as a result of Reddit users in the r/WallStreetBets subreddit triggering a stampede toward stocks being heavily shorted by institutional investors. That in turn has led to a short squeeze troubling hedge funds, causing the price of a stock worth around $5 for the majority of 2020 to swell well above $300 today. In some ways it’s just an Occupy Wall Street protest being held on Robinhood; in other ways it’s a complete rejection of the hypothesis of efficient markets and a reinvention of institutional trust.

Bitcoin holds fundamental differences from publicly traded stocks, many of which might matter an awful lot to those betting on the coin as a currency of the future. But to retail investors who aren’t hardcore proponents, I’d imagine FOMO was one of the most intriguing pulls into the cryptocurrency space. But if Bitcoin’s purpose for the time being is merely a “store of value,” I think there’s a world where individual investors might be evolving their interests elsewhere.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies haven’t seen notable price movement in recent days  — Bitcoin is down around 6% in the past 24 hours, a hiccup as far as crypto moves go — but after a few weeks hovering well above $30,000 and peeking above $40,000, the currency seems poised to dip below the $30,000 range soon unless its trend reverses course.

All that said, Bitcoin is certainly an entity of a different scale than all of these meme stocks bundled together with a market cap above $560 billion and a 24-hour trading volume of $56 billion. Bitcoin has seen stratospheric growth over the past few months so barring an outsized crash, it’s perhaps unlikely that retail investors are going to fully abandon it in favor of buying up crusty old shares of Blockbuster stock. That said …

It’s cheaper to trade these meme stocks and easier for retail investors to get leverage via options. In short, for investors looking to have a good time or shoot the moon, meme stocks are a more fun place to be than crypto is.

The main thing to consider is what happens if GameStop, for no reason at all, becomes a long-term store of value? When investors collectively begin placing blind trust in more financial assets for the long haul, does that devalue blind trust itself and the mammoth entities that had more of a monopoly on it? Most investors aren’t expecting this to happen, but stocks like Tesla are beginning to live comfortably at ridiculous premiums that analysts can’t understand. Tesla and GameStop are very different beasts, but if anything I think institutions have a better grasp of GameStop’s rise.

The foil to all of this is whether this pandemonium births some regulatory backlash, a possibility that of course does not exist in quite the same way for cryptocurrencies from a central governance standpoint. TD Ameritrade and Schwab are already limiting trades of some of these meme stocks today and I think there is certainly a universe in which the SEC aims to take a pot shot at this saga by means of promoting market sanity and I am much more confident that there’s a world where Reddit is pushed to at least temporarily ban r/WallStreetBets for some unclear reason.

obsidian

• Getbig V

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4596 on: January 27, 2021, 07:26:15 PM »
lol this is hilarious!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/topstocks/gamestop-short-sellers-melvin-capital-and-citron-surrender-bearish-bets-after-700-rally-drives-huge-losses/ar-BB1d8Vrx

After weeks of unrelenting gains for GameStop shares, Reddit traders seem to have beaten Wall Street.

Melvin Capital and Citron Research closed their short positions on GameStop stock after the company's massive rally formed an extraordinary short squeeze. The former ate a huge loss when it ended its bearish bet on Tuesday afternoon, CNBC reported.

The Citron managing partner Andrew Left said in a video on Wednesday that most of the firm's position was covered when GameStop traded at about $90 at "a loss of 100%." He added that he maintained a smaller position in the stock.

"We'll become more judicious when it comes to shorting stocks," Left said. "Doesn't mean the industry is dead, but it just means you have to be more specific."

GameStop shares have surged by more than 700% in January as a horde of retail investors bid up shares and cheered each other on in Reddit forums like WallStreetBets. The growing crowd of day traders identified Citron and Melvin Capital as their primary antagonists early in the rally, hoping to profit by forcing shorts to cover their bets.

While other Reddit-fueled rallies died off in a matter of days, GameStop's climb has gained momentum. The stock leaped on Tuesday after the billionaire investor Chamath Palihapitiya tweeted that he had bought call options on the stock with a February 19 expiration date.

Shares skyrocketed again when, minutes after markets closed on Tuesday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted "Gamestonk" and a link to the WallStreetBets forum.

Melvin Goodrum is filing for bankruptcy?!  ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4597 on: January 27, 2021, 09:14:23 PM »
https://ihodl.com/topnews/2021-01-27/reddit-teams-ethereum-foundation/%3famp=1

Reddit Teams Up with Ethereum Foundation

Reddit has entered into a partnership with the Ethereum Foundation to increase its commitment to blockchain, Reddit administrator u/jarins wrote in the Ethereum thread.

With the partnership, the social content aggregator wants to accelerate scaling and resources for the Ethereum ecosystem, and bring the value of blockchain technology "to millions of redditors."

“We are looking forward to working closely with the Ethereum Foundation, and contributing more to the broader Ethereum ecosystem — and we hope to share some exciting announcements over the next few months.”

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4598 on: January 27, 2021, 10:04:46 PM »
Fuck Yellen and the Bank of England. Papa Satoshi and the Redditers (and Getbiggers, except for Mr Anabolic) gonna take care things and teach these old fuddy duddies a lesson. :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4599 on: January 27, 2021, 10:19:34 PM »
Fuck Yellen and the Bank of England. Papa Satoshi and the Redditers (and Getbiggers, except for Mr Anabolic) gonna take care things and teach these old fuddy duddies a lesson. :)

Yellen could be Satoshit for all you know.  8)