Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765042 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4900 on: February 12, 2021, 06:12:52 AM »
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/grayscale-purchases-52730-ethereum-in-24-hours/

Grayscale Purchases 52,730 Ethereum in 24 Hours

The asset manager now has 3.13 million Ethereum under management.

Grayscale, the world’s largest crypto asset manager, has accelerated its Ethereum accumulation as the firm purchased 52,730 ETH worth more than $93 million in the last 24 hours.

The company’s Ethereum Trust now has more than 3.13 million ETH under management with a total value of over $5.5 billion.

According to the latest data published by crypto analytics firm, bybt.com, Grayscale accumulated a total of 111,182 Ethereum in the last 7 days after a significant jump in ETH price. As of writing, ETH is trading above $1,760 with a total market cap of $200 billion.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4901 on: February 12, 2021, 07:40:38 AM »
Here's a question for you crypto aficionados..

A client of mine asked me for my personal opinion in possibly investing in one of the following cryptos:

BitCoin
Ethereum
Cardano
Polkadot

I told him I'm not too fond of the idea, but that there might be merit behind this and it could very well be a paradigm shift we're witnessing.

That said, I've posed this same question to a few of my buddies that do institutional trading, but no one has replied yet.

What are your thoughts? Which one would you pick and why?

"1"

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4902 on: February 12, 2021, 08:25:36 AM »
I sold my ETH and converted it over to BTC a couple years back and have never slept better. BTC is an incredible innovation RIGHT NOW. It serves it's purpose extremely well RIGHT NOW. It has the moat. It has the hard cap of 21 million. It is decentralized. The big time companies will soon be buying in in droves. It is a once in a lifetime, grandslam pitch right now the center of the plate.

With ETH it's more about hype and speculation. I suspect a good bit of it is based on people who believe they missed the BTC train and are simply getting too cute with their thought process.

And that isn't me hating on Ethereum, I don't necessarily think it being a small portion of one's portfolio is a bad thing.

Maybe some of it comes down to the "would you rather own the gold or the shovels" analogy.

I'll take the gold in this case.

I concur!

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4903 on: February 12, 2021, 08:30:50 AM »

A client of mine asked me for my personal opinion in possibly investing in one of the following cryptos:

BitCoin
Ethereum
Cardano
Polkadot

I told him I'm not too fond of the idea, but that there might be merit behind this and it could very well be a paradigm shift we're witnessing.

That said, I've posed this same question to a few of my buddies that do institutional trading, but no one has replied yet.

"1"

This question comes up a lot.

The safest answer in my view is 100% Bitcoin.

If the client was prepared to take a little more risk, perhaps a 80/20 split BTC/ETH which is also quite common.

A third option might be 75 BTC, 20 ETH, 5% alts such as those you mentioned. You could throw in XRP too.

Reality is that BTC is the huge planet at the centre of the ecosystem, with various "alts" rotating around it who will come and go.

The same balance as above is being mirrored by the larger funds, banks etc. Follow the money and the big boys.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4904 on: February 12, 2021, 08:33:02 AM »
Comparing Ethereum to 'penny stocks' and calling its platform 'worthless' is of course just plain ludicrous.

He doesn't seem to grasp that various cryptocurrencies will and do co-exist, as do various currencies and commodities. With commodities we have gold, silver, platinum, palladium and many others. Same with reserve currencies.

His argument that ETH was not intended to be 'store of value' is disingenuous, as neither was BTC, it was supposed to be a digital currency used primarily for payments. The narrative changed more towards 'store of value' and more recently 'digital gold' when the large fluctuations in value made it impractical to use as a currency for payments.

And of course Ethereum is a platform and Ether its currency. ETH has been around since 2013 and is the second oldest cryptocurrency, it survived the cryptocurrency crash last cycle and has had exceptional growth, yet he claims every 'alts has failed over time'.

He also tries to distort the argument of why people would opt to buy several Ethereum coins instead of a fraction of Bitcoin for the same price.

If BTC reaches 100K, that's 2X, if 200K, that's 4X.

If ETH reaches 5K it's almost 3X, if 10K it's 5.5X, and 20K that's 11X.

You will find very few people truly understand how to possibly value Eth, beyond stating that "smart contracts" and "DeFi" will be a big thing in the future.

Here is a great analysis that goes a little deeper for those who are truly interested and want to be educated:

https://www.lynalden.com/ethereum-analysis/

OneMoreRep - you may find useful also.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4905 on: February 12, 2021, 08:44:41 AM »

https://www.etftrends.com/crypto-channel/canada-beats-united-states-to-bitcoin-etf/

Late Thursday, Canadian regulators approved the Purpose Bitcoin ETF, which will trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) under the ticker ‘BTCC’.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4906 on: February 12, 2021, 08:53:04 AM »
https://www.etftrends.com/crypto-channel/canada-beats-united-states-to-bitcoin-etf/

Late Thursday, Canadian regulators approved the Purpose Bitcoin ETF, which will trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE) under the ticker ‘BTCC’.

Well done Canada, and shame on the US. We do have the GreyScale Trust, and various other mechanisms in the US that are similar to listed ETFs, but not exactly ETFs from an SEC regulatory point of view.

Hong Kong is also about to launch a Bitcoin ETF (which is kind of interesting considering Bitcoin is "banned" in China).

Singapore about to launch a Bitcoin ETF also,

Its all starting to happen.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4907 on: February 12, 2021, 09:01:22 AM »
https://dailyhodl.com/2021/02/11/fundstrat-dramatically-increases-bitcoin-price-target-for-2021-predicts-ethereum-will-outperform-btc/

Fundstrat Dramatically Increases Bitcoin Price Target for 2021, Predicts Ethereum Will Outperform BTC

Investment research firm Fundstrat is more than doubling its 2021 Bitcoin price prediction, but bets Ethereum will significantly outpace the top cryptocurrency.

“In our 2021 crypto outlook report two weeks ago we raised our target on BTC from $40k to $100k.”

Fundstrat’s lead digital asset strategist David Grider says that the investment research firm is raising its Bitcoin price target by two and a half times.

Fundstrat’s forecast for Ethereum is even more bullish than its Bitcoin prediction. Last month, Bloomberg reported that Fundstrat had raised its 2021 Ethereum price target to $10,500.

Grider describes Ethereum as having the ‘best risk-reward ratio’ of all cryptocurrencies.

The digital asset strategist goes so far as to estimate that ‘blockchain computing may be the future of the cloud.’

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4908 on: February 12, 2021, 09:08:07 AM »
On a different note, a friend of mine was telling me about how he gave a high-end Vegas "stripper" a "gift" in Bitcoin a few years back (around 2016). They were doing blow all night in his room after he took her back from the club, and he also did her raw numerous time etc throughout the night and then also again in the afternoon. She was not exactly a hooker, and didn't demand a fee but at the same time it was obvious to him that she was a kind of Vegas party girl that would expect a tip given the circumstances of how they met and his looks and how attractive she was etc. (He is in the on-line gambling industry). I have seen pix of the girl and so can confirm she is amazing - typical Vegas hottie.

She apparently was of the "open minded" type and took quite an interest in his business etc, and so by the next morning he had set her up with a bitcoin wallet and transferred her 10 Bitcoins.

He remarks now that this would have to be one of the most expensive whores ever paid for a night of passion. (Also, he suspects she quite likely lost the coins anyhow, and never will be able to access them again). So probably also the biggest amount a whore has ever been tipped and then also lost in history! 10 BTC at today's value comes to around 500K. Expensive night...

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4909 on: February 12, 2021, 09:13:55 AM »
https://dailyhodl.com/2021/02/11/fundstrat-dramatically-increases-bitcoin-price-target-for-2021-predicts-ethereum-will-outperform-btc/

Fundstrat Dramatically Increases Bitcoin Price Target for 2021, Predicts Ethereum Will Outperform BTC

“In our 2021 crypto outlook report two weeks ago we raised our target on BTC from $40k to $100k.”

I can assure you. When Bitcoin hits $100,000, I will be back with a very special message for Mr Anabolic. How soon that will be I cannot predict. But I am becoming increasingly confident that it will happen. He gave me so much shit about my "BTC possibly 100K by end of 2021 call" back in the day. Lets see...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4910 on: February 12, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »
So out of curiosity, are many of you guys simply purchasing fractional shares via outfits like Coinbase and then uploading onto a digital ledger for optimized protection?

"1"

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4911 on: February 12, 2021, 09:38:59 AM »
So out of curiosity, are many of you guys simply purchasing fractional shares via outfits like Coinbase and then uploading onto a digital ledger for optimized protection?

"1"

When you say "fractional shares" you mean portions less then a whole bitcoin?

Either way, unless you plan to actively trade, I highly suggest you take anything you (or your clients) buy, and take if off the exchange and into "cold storage". For most of your clients, my view would be to buy, take into cold storage, and HODL for 5+ years. If its on the exchange you have counterparty risk.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4912 on: February 12, 2021, 09:54:30 AM »
When you say "fractional shares" you mean portions less then a whole bitcoin?

That's correct.

My client is interested in allocating a portion of his portfolio to crypto and has made it clear that he doesn't want to allocate more than 10% of his available funds.

My client is 68yrs young and looking to invest into crypto, but in a conservative fashion. I'm not a retail broker, I'm just his accountant. The guy is ready to invest $100k into Cryptocurrencies, but wanted to know about the best way to diversify and this hedge his risk.

Thus, instead of just buying 2 actual bitcoins, he wanted to see if there was a better way to do it, say an ETF approach to invest in the entire bucket of Cryptocurrencies.

That said, he read somewhere that Cardano and Polkadot are likely to boom to the heights of BTC, so he asked for my opinion, which was really his way of asking whether other clients of mine are investing in cryptos and to what end (exact cryptos, amounts etc).

I can do his books and provide tax-loss harvesting from his trades regardless of what he buys, but I just can't provide him with financial advise, as I'm not a CFA, but instead his CPA.

Hope that makes sense..

"1"

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4913 on: February 12, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »
You will find very few people truly understand how to possibly value Eth, beyond stating that "smart contracts" and "DeFi" will be a big thing in the future.

Here is a great analysis that goes a little deeper for those who are truly interested and want to be educated:

https://www.lynalden.com/ethereum-analysis/

OneMoreRep - you may find useful also.

At 2:50 Lyn Alden believes ETH will probably outperform BTC in this bull cycle and with an amount 'considerably north of here'.

I have watched the full video of this interview with Raoul Pal and overall Lyn Alden is more neutral with Ethereum long-term while Raoul Pal is bullish. They're both bullish on stablecoin usage though, which uses Ethereum.

&t=977s

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4914 on: February 12, 2021, 10:01:09 AM »
By the way, thank you gib for chiming in with excellent information and providing an answers to my questions.

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4915 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:59 AM »
This question comes up a lot.

The safest answer in my view is 100% Bitcoin.

If the client was prepared to take a little more risk, perhaps a 80/20 split BTC/ETH which is also quite common.

A third option might be 75 BTC, 20 ETH, 5% alts such as those you mentioned. You could throw in XRP too.

Reality is that BTC is the huge planet at the centre of the ecosystem, with various "alts" rotating around it who will come and go.

The same balance as above is being mirrored by the larger funds, banks etc. Follow the money and the big boys.

Why xrp when they haven't settled their issues with the sec? Isn't that just throwing your money in the toilet?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4916 on: February 12, 2021, 10:42:26 AM »

"1"

Yes.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4917 on: February 12, 2021, 10:47:21 AM »

BitCoin
Ethereum
Cardano
Polkadot

"1"

Raoul Pal, former Goldman Sachs Exec has 60% BTC, 35% ETH and 5% in altcoins (judging from his views on defi this probably includes Cardano and Polkadot).

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4918 on: February 12, 2021, 10:48:00 AM »
This is a reply to MayDay from a post he had directed to me a few pages back. I wanted to clarify some of the ideas & terms he spit out, because 2 members reached out to me via PM for clarification as to what MayDay is talking about. His terms are a bit complicated to the uninitiated financial mind. So, I wanted to clarify and post with some definitions made clear for those that did not understand completely. For those that do understand, please disregard by Matt-like post...

in this thread just as the pandemic broke, the QE method was discussed as to how the world would begin a bailout. Nearly 1 year later and we can see the impact for the US where the Index started at 99 and has fallen to 91, pretty much a 10% decline in one year. To be fair, the US Index spent many years in the 75-85 region prior to now so a reading of 91 is actually significantly higher than it was in the decade prior. The US has a stronger currency today than in 2010.

Less concerned with the dollar index, because as you know, so as long as the USD is the world reserve currency, it will always lead against the euro, Japanese yen, British pound, Canadian dollar, Swedish krona and Swiss franc. Why? Because most of their international trade is conducted in USD and purchasing of their oil is also done via the USD.  What I believe the world is noticing is that the US is printing itself into a hole. We are meeting all the necessary requirements to be on our way to a massive deleveraging of our debt. When that happens, it will be a very sad time.

What is meant by the US Dollar Index? The US Dollar index measures of the value of the U.S. dollar relative to the value of a basket of currencies of the majority of the U.S.'s most significant trading partners. Who are those trading partners? The Euro (EUR), Japanese yen (JPY), Canadian dollar (CAD), British pound (GBP), Swedish krona (SEK), and Swiss franc (CHF).

The IMF are talking of doing a one off devaluation. Something like a 50% currency injection in one year to cause inflation using trickle up economics. Doing in unison means nobody would really gain an advantage in terms of trade. Apparently it’s going to happen in 2021. After that I believe they will lock around 2% annual. So they are going for a hard kickstart instead of a prolonged period. Makes sense.

This is a good point that needs clarification for those in attendance. An IMF proposal of 50% currency injection is incredibly risky, because it devalues the currency. Additionally, the trickle-up economics comment made by Mayday should be stated clearly to show that the major benefits of this 50% infusion will first be felt by the RICH, because their assets (stocks, bonds, ETF, Index funds etc) will be the first to appreciate in value due to the inflation that is felt immediately by those market assets. In other words, create more money, which is held by the big banks, who then will purchase into the stock market, which ultimately leads to the price of stocks going up. Hence the term trickle-up economics, which will really trickle-up into the pockets of the dirty rich.

Poor people, and by poor I mean everyone from the lower class (dirt poor) to even lower middle class rarely feel the effects of this currency infusion. Yes, they will get some cash flung at them via one-time stimulus checks, unemployment benefits and other welfare programs, but it won't be life changing, nor will it increase their wealth. The rich automatically experience expansion of their wealth.

1973-1980 we saw roughly 16% average annual M3 expansion which came with a 12% Annual GDP, 11.7% Annual CPI, a gold price increase of 460% over the whole period and a wage inflation of 100% meaning consumer debt devaluation of 50%.

For those that are wondering what the hell MayDay means when he throws around M1, M2 & M3 (I know some of you know, but other don't), these represent measurements of the US money supply (typically called money aggregates).

M1 = USD in circulation + checkable deposits in banks
M2 = M1 + savings deposits (less than $100,000) + money market mutual funds
M3 = M2 + large time deposits in banks

Now, increases to annual GDP were seen between 1970-1980, which were certainly substantial, but the USA was also still seen as a financial powerhouse by the entire world and our products were at the very least respected. Today, unfortunately, not so much. We are no longer the superpower we were by way of trade. Today, China leads world trade by a substantial marker. Also, Russia and China have become involved in a 14-country trading bloc that very conveniently left out the USA. Loss in confidence can certainly partially explain this bold move, but more particular to this is likely a loss in the desire to have the USD as the world reserve.

11.7% CPI is tragic (Consumer Price Index/CPI is simply the inflation, less buying power of your dollar, felt by way of what the average person pays for goods and services on main street). Granted, it led to a wage inflation of over 100%, which allowed for consumer debt (credit card bills and garbage debt along those lines) to be eradicated in half the time, which kept the poor appeased by making them believe that things can't be that bad if they are managing to clean their financial situations up a bit via eradication of debt.

I think the monetary system has survived many hard times and the result is transformations over rather than a complete collapse. The Germans post war was a scenario where they were physically destroyed and overwhelmed by debt. impossible to get out of and all alone with really no hope to get out of. This is a global scenario and we are intact so I feel it’s a very different problem we face than post war.

I think what you might not be considering is that we, the USA, are following the same path as other great empires in the past. Consider the archetypical examples that were Athens from the late 400s to the 300s BC, the end of the Roman Republic in the century or so preceding 27 BC, Germany’s Weimar Republic in the 1920s and the weak democracies of Italy, Japan and Spain in the 1920s and 1930s that turned to autocracies of the right (fascism) to bring order to the economic chaos. We are committing all of the major mistakes they committed and are being driven by our greed that doesn't allow for us to see past our present situation.

I know people are crazy scared of inflation but what would you pick if given the option?
1) double wage. Halve debt value but you can’t afford big TVs, expensive phones, holidays
2) no wage growth and risk of lower wages. Debt remains as full term loan. Can afford the luxuries but risk of higher unemployment.

(1) Double salaries & wages and it will allow for the working middle class to eradicate their debts in half the time. Granted, CPI will catch up and yes the modern day luxuries will be harder to acquire, but if you have debt-free citizens with active employment, they can acquire the things they *want" slowly over time, so as long as they have what they need (food, roof over their head, reserves in the bank etc). Keeping in mind that INFLATION is already taking place by way of assets going up in price (stocks, real estate, commodities etc). The issue here is that the common man doesn't care about inflation that affects market assets because that's above their paygrade, they care more about the effects of inflation on main street, that being the cost of their daily products and services (Consumer Price Index).

Allow for inflation to be revealed. We can't just keep monetizing the debt and assuming we will print our troubles away. All this continual QE will not end well. As soon as velocity picks up, inflation will certainly ensue. The only reason inflation has yet to kick in is because the money is either sitting at the Big Banks or has been sent out to foreign nations as part of US aid & spending projects. As soon as it starts to properly hit the ground level (and I don't mean via one-time stimulus checks and unemployment checks, but actual infusion of that new *currency*) and people regain confidence in public spending, CPI will undoubtedly rise.

Moreover, I think part of the reason why so many whales are going into crypto is partly because they see the writing on the wall with regards to the fate of the US Dollar. That, and of course they can make tons of money from speculative trades and ballooning crypto values.

"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4919 on: February 12, 2021, 11:15:09 AM »
Raoul Pal, former Goldman Sachs Exec has 60% BTC, 35% ETH and 5% in altcoins (judging from his views on defi this probably includes Cardano and Polkadot).

I'm a fan of Raoul. He's a pretty smart guy.

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4920 on: February 12, 2021, 12:40:08 PM »
This is a reply to MayDay from a post he had directed to me a few pages back. I wanted to clarify some of the ideas & terms he spit out, because 2 members reached out to me via PM for clarification as to what MayDay is talking about. His terms are a bit complicated to the uninitiated financial mind. So, I wanted to clarify and post with some definitions made clear for those that did not understand completely. For those that do understand, please disregard by Matt-like post...

Less concerned with the dollar index, because as you know, so as long as the USD is the world reserve currency, it will always lead against the euro, Japanese yen, British pound, Canadian dollar, Swedish krona and Swiss franc. Why? Because most of their international trade is conducted in USD and purchasing of their oil is also done via the USD.  What I believe the world is noticing is that the US is printing itself into a hole. We are meeting all the necessary requirements to be on our way to a massive deleveraging of our debt. When that happens, it will be a very sad time.

What is meant by the US Dollar Index? The US Dollar index measures of the value of the U.S. dollar relative to the value of a basket of currencies of the majority of the U.S.'s most significant trading partners. Who are those trading partners? The Euro (EUR), Japanese yen (JPY), Canadian dollar (CAD), British pound (GBP), Swedish krona (SEK), and Swiss franc (CHF).

This is a good point that needs clarification for those in attendance. An IMF proposal of 50% currency injection is incredibly risky, because it devalues the currency. Additionally, the trickle-up economics comment made by Mayday should be stated clearly to show that the major benefits of this 50% infusion will first be felt by the RICH, because their assets (stocks, bonds, ETF, Index funds etc) will be the first to appreciate in value due to the inflation that is felt immediately by those market assets. In other words, create more money, which is held by the big banks, who then will purchase into the stock market, which ultimately leads to the price of stocks going up. Hence the term trickle-up economics, which will really trickle-up into the pockets of the dirty rich.

Poor people, and by poor I mean everyone from the lower class (dirt poor) to even lower middle class rarely feel the effects of this currency infusion. Yes, they will get some cash flung at them via one-time stimulus checks, unemployment benefits and other welfare programs, but it won't be life changing, nor will it increase their wealth. The rich automatically experience expansion of their wealth.

For those that are wondering what the hell MayDay means when he throws around M1, M2 & M3 (I know some of you know, but other don't), these represent measurements of the US money supply (typically called money aggregates).

M1 = USD in circulation + checkable deposits in banks
M2 = M1 + savings deposits (less than $100,000) + money market mutual funds
M3 = M2 + large time deposits in banks

Now, increases to annual GDP were seen between 1970-1980, which were certainly substantial, but the USA was also still seen as a financial powerhouse by the entire world and our products were at the very least respected. Today, unfortunately, not so much. We are no longer the superpower we were by way of trade. Today, China leads world trade by a substantial marker. Also, Russia and China have become involved in a 14-country trading bloc that very conveniently left out the USA. Loss in confidence can certainly partially explain this bold move, but more particular to this is likely a loss in the desire to have the USD as the world reserve.

11.7% CPI is tragic (Consumer Price Index/CPI is simply the inflation, less buying power of your dollar, felt by way of what the average person pays for goods and services on main street). Granted, it led to a wage inflation of over 100%, which allowed for consumer debt (credit card bills and garbage debt along those lines) to be eradicated in half the time, which kept the poor appeased by making them believe that things can't be that bad if they are managing to clean their financial situations up a bit via eradication of debt.

I think what you might not be considering is that we, the USA, are following the same path as other great empires in the past. Consider the archetypical examples that were Athens from the late 400s to the 300s BC, the end of the Roman Republic in the century or so preceding 27 BC, Germany’s Weimar Republic in the 1920s and the weak democracies of Italy, Japan and Spain in the 1920s and 1930s that turned to autocracies of the right (fascism) to bring order to the economic chaos. We are committing all of the major mistakes they committed and are being driven by our greed that doesn't allow for us to see past our present situation.

(1) Double salaries & wages and it will allow for the working middle class to eradicate their debts in half the time. Granted, CPI will catch up and yes the modern day luxuries will be harder to acquire, but if you have debt-free citizens with active employment, they can acquire the things they *want" slowly over time, so as long as they have what they need (food, roof over their head, reserves in the bank etc). Keeping in mind that INFLATION is already taking place by way of assets going up in price (stocks, real estate, commodities etc). The issue here is that the common man doesn't care about inflation that affects market assets because that's above their paygrade, they care more about the effects of inflation on main street, that being the cost of their daily products and services (Consumer Price Index).

Allow for inflation to be revealed. We can't just keep monetizing the debt and assuming we will print our troubles away. All this continual QE will not end well. As soon as velocity picks up, inflation will certainly ensue. The only reason inflation has yet to kick in is because the money is either sitting at the Big Banks or has been sent out to foreign nations as part of US aid & spending projects. As soon as it starts to properly hit the ground level (and I don't mean via one-time stimulus checks and unemployment checks, but actual infusion of that new *currency*) and people regain confidence in public spending, CPI will undoubtedly rise.

Moreover, I think part of the reason why so many whales are going into crypto is partly because they see the writing on the wall with regards to the fate of the US Dollar. That, and of course they can make tons of money from speculative trades and ballooning crypto values.

"1"

Thanks.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4921 on: February 12, 2021, 12:48:44 PM »
Thanks.

You're very welcome.

Although, I felt you knew these things already, or so at least it seems that way with your interactions within this thread.

The people that sent me private messages were literally everyday guys (a contractor & a pharmacist) that weren't hip to all these financial & economic talking points.

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #4922 on: February 12, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
You're very welcome.

Although, I felt you knew these things already, or so at least it seems that way with your interactions within this thread.

The people that sent me private messages were literally everyday guys (a contractor & a pharmacist) that weren't hip to all these financial & economic talking points.

"1"

I understood most of it but it always helps to have someone confirm/clarify things.

Subjects like this aren't really at the forefront of conversatios at my work place, so I have no one to bounce thoughts off of. I mentioned crypto to a few co workers 3 years ago and only one individual invested and is still involved. Needless to say, he's very happy.

Now that I have time off work, thanks to covid, im totally immersed in this. Very interesting times.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #4923 on: February 12, 2021, 01:05:19 PM »
I understood most of it but it always helps to have someone confirm/clarify things.

Subjects like this aren't really at the forefront of conversatios at my work place, so I have no one to bounce thoughts off of. I mentioned crypto to a few co workers 3 years ago and only one individual invested and is still involved. Needless to say, he's very happy.

Now that I have time off work, thanks to covid, im totally immersed in this. Very interesting times.

Gotcha.

Well, the good part for me is that I'm not terribly well versed with crypto, so this thread is also serving as a great learning opportunity to me. Yes, I'm reading a couple of books on crypto, but nothing beats real-time feedback from people that have a firm understanding of its nature and actively buy, hold and sell this digital asset.

So thank you as well for keeping the spark going and pushing for good intellectual conversation.

I must say, I miss reading Mr Anabolic's posts. He was on the opposite side of the crypto spectrum, but that's also necessary in order to stress-test the ideas/theories behind this larger discussion. He was this forum's very own Peter Schiff in some respects.

"1"

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4924 on: February 12, 2021, 02:20:05 PM »
At 2:50 Lyn Alden believes ETH will probably outperform BTC in this bull cycle and with an amount 'considerably north of here'.

I have watched the full video of this interview with Raoul Pal and overall Lyn Alden is more neutral with Ethereum long-term while Raoul Pal is bullish. They're both bullish on stablecoin usage though, which uses Ethereum.

&t=977s

ETH is dead on arrival because of the centralized development and decisions to observe the cult of Vitalik.  Forrtunately it has spawned some good experimentation and the baby DeFi is something to behold, all of which can be replicated on the bitcoin network's Rootstock sidechain, some fortunes will be made here for sure
RootStock can do everything ETH can do ... except uses bitcoins natively.

Which do you think Institutions will use to do DeFi when they are loaded up with Bitcoin?