Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765469 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #4925 on: February 12, 2021, 03:56:19 PM »
What advantage does ETH have over BTC? For the average person like me, that is not deeply informed and educated on cryptocurrency, and with so many out there, it is BTC that stands out. BTC I see around on various outlets and can use in real life. I've never seen any avenue in which I can engage in a transaction using any other cryptocurrency.

With Cash App it is easy to buy, sell and use BTC. I don't even know where I can buy
ETH or Dogecoin.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4926 on: February 12, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »
What advantage does ETH have over BTC? For the average person like me, that is not deeply informed and educated on cryptocurrency, and with so many out there, it is BTC that stands out. BTC I see around on various outlets and can use in real life. I've never seen any avenue in which I can engage in a transaction using any other cryptocurrency.

With Cash App it is easy to buy, sell and use BTC. I don't even know where I can buy
ETH or Dogecoin.
You can buy Ethereum along with Bitcoin and Cardano and AAVE on Coinbase. Coinbase does not yet offer Dogecoin. You can buy Dogecoin on Binance.us. I made over $12,000 in 4 hours when I sold Ethereum for Doge and then rode it up. I then sold some of my Doge back to USD and then bought back my original Ethereum investment. This was all done on Binance.us. So now I still had my +$12,000 profit and my original Ethereum. In fact I almost gained another 1 ETH in the process. I could have made a lot more if I had sold all my Ethereum for Doge but that was a risk I was not willing to take.

For me right now the goal is to get as much crypto as I can in this bull market. It is going to come down eventually and I want to take out profits before that happens so I can buy back in when it drops a lot. I regret not doing this in 2018 and 2019 because I was new to the crypto game.

Bitcoin is almost at $50,000 right now. Some predict it will hit $1 million. That means an increase of 20x. There are many cryptos out there right now that still have a 100x gain to be realized. Cardano for example has great potential and has outperformed Bitcoin and Ethereum the past year. Then there is VeChain (VET) that could go up by a lot.

I do want to acquire some Bitcoin but I have to compare how much Bitcoin is going to go up vs some of the other cryptos. Bitcoin is not going to make as big moves as some of the other smaller coins. If Bitcoin now goes to $100,000 that is only a little over 100% increase. Big whoop!

Meanwhile for ADA (Cardano) to go from $1 to $4 will be much easier. That's a 300% increase.

I will get into Bitcoin once I have maximized my gains in alts because big moves are easier there. Bitcoin will eventually be so expensive that big increases will be unlikely. The guys that got into Bitcoin years ago at low prices are sitting pretty. Someone getting into Bitcoin now will not have these same gains.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4927 on: February 12, 2021, 04:37:05 PM »

ETH is dead on arrival because of the centralized development and decisions to observe the cult of Vitalik.  Forrtunately it has spawned some good experimentation and the baby DeFi is something to behold, all of which can be replicated on the bitcoin network's Rootstock sidechain, some fortunes will be made here for sure
RootStock can do everything ETH can do ... except uses bitcoins natively.

Which do you think Institutions will use to do DeFi when they are loaded up with Bitcoin?
Here is an analogy for you. You need a certain amount of horsepower to drive a car at 300 mph. As the speed goes up the amount of horsepower required increases dramatically. To get to 400 mhp is a huge leap. Much bigger than 100 mph - 200 mph and 200 mph - 300 mph.

Same thing goes for Bitcoin. For Bitcoin to double requires a lot more capital inflow compared to a smaller asset like Ethereum or Cardano.

You would need another trillion dollar investment in Bitcoin to get it to $100,000. As Bitcoin gets more and more expensive investors will start looking at alternatives. Let's face it we are all here to make some money with our fiats.

Sure Bitcoin going from $50,000 to $100,000 might sound a lot more impressive than Cardano going from $1 to $3 but the latter will offer a bigger return for a new investor - 100% vs 200%. Too many people are caught up with the high price of Bitcoin. It is impressive if you already have 1000 Bitcoins. If you have no Bitcoins it means you have to fork over a lot just to get 1.

This is why I am not as bullish with Bitcoin. It will go up in price but so will the others. And the others will go up by a larger percentage. Bitcoin is not the best investment for new investors imo.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4928 on: February 12, 2021, 04:44:00 PM »

ETH is dead on arrival because of the centralized development and decisions to observe the cult of Vitalik.  Forrtunately it has spawned some good experimentation and the baby DeFi is something to behold, all of which can be replicated on the bitcoin network's Rootstock sidechain, some fortunes will be made here for sure

Which do you think Institutions will use to do DeFi when they are loaded up with Bitcoin?
https://medium.com/swlh/ethereum-isnt-decentralized-and-other-myths-ef2d132ee1fe

Ask a Bitcoin maximalist to sing you the song of their people, and it’ll sound something like this:

That’s a lot to unpack. First — an assertion that Ethereum is centralized, followed by a never-to-be-witnessed again “immaculate conception” premise for Bitcoin’s emergence, followed by the implication that only Bitcoin is invulnerable to being co-opted by government agencies and scammers.

Do the space cat’s claims have merit? Let’s take a closer look, starting with the big one.

Is Ethereum Centralized?

For the sake of this analysis, we’ll broadly define a centralized blockchain as follows: an environment where a single actor, or a handful of actors, can exert unilateral control over the platform’s day-to-day functioning and ongoing development.

Your own definition might vary somewhat, but I think we can all agree that a centralized blockchain is one that could a.) be easily taken over by governments or corporations, and/or b.) have its functionality and development unilaterally dictated by its core creators & development team. That’s not much of a desirable outcome…hence the need for decentralization!

With that in mind, let’s turn to some of the most common arguments maximalists make when talking about Ethereum’s supposed centralization. We’ll examine their claims and consider evidence to the contrary.

Claim: Ethereum’s nodes are centralized. It takes too long to sync them, and there aren’t enough of them.

According to etherscan, there are currently over 6000 unique Ethereum nodes spread around the globe. Ethernodes shows a higher figure of around 7500.

By way of comparison, Bitcoin’s node count is somewhat more robust, at around 11,000 nodes.

Does this higher node count mean that Ethereum is centralized, while Bitcoin is not? While more nodes is certainly better (all things considered equal), Ethereum’s node count appears to be sufficiently high to avoid network attacks; the blockchain’s five years of 100% uptime offers evidence of this robustness, evoking maximalists’ beloved Lindy effect. Also consider that Bitcoin itself has performed perfectly fine recently with node counts in the 8000’s.

To be sure, this isn’t exactly an apples-to-apples comparison; the two chains’ nodes are different in important ways. Nonetheless, the underlying point remains: if an attacker such as a well-funded nation-state attempted to disrupt the network with a sustained DDOS attack, they’d face a nearly insurmountable (but not impossible) task thanks to Ethereum’s global and decentralized node distribution.

Maximalists conflate Ethereum with blockchains that have clearly chosen to trade decentralization for scalability. NEO, for instance, has a grand total of seven consensus nodes, while EOS famously has just 21 nodes. Are they being disingenuous with this conflation, or are they simply not able to see the difference? It’s hard to say.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4929 on: February 12, 2021, 05:26:31 PM »
This sounds awesome! With all the censorship happening Unstoppable Domains is the way to go!

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/okex-taps-unstoppable-domains-for-crypto-blockchain-wallets/#:~:text=Unlike%20with%20traditional%20domain%20registration,%20Unstoppable%20Domains%20are,registry%20enables%20censorship-resistant%20websites%20and%20simplifies%20cryptocurrency%20payments.

OKEx, which claimed over $15 billion of crypto trading volumes in the last 24 hours, has integrated with Unstoppable Domains, a company building blockchain domain names.

The cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchange said the new partnership enables users to simplify deposit and withdrawal transactions through OKEx wallet. Rather than having to share a lengthy combination of letters and numbers to receive payment, users can simply provide a domain name, like jon.crypto or ema.zil.

OKEx further explained that another key benefit of this integration is that users can receive any cryptocurrency jointly supported by both firms to the same domain, instead of providing separate 40-character addresses for payment in different currencies.

Unlike with traditional domain registration, Unstoppable Domains are tied to a specific wallet but not controlled by any centralized outfit like governments or registrars of DNS domains. The .crypto blockchain domain registry enables censorship-resistant websites and simplifies cryptocurrency payments.

Unstoppable Domains has recently teamed up with Gemini Trust Company, the cryptocurrency exchange and custodian founded by the Winklevoss twins. Engaging a qualified crypto custodian would encourage traditional domain registrars to move into blockchain with this regulated custodian option.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #4930 on: February 12, 2021, 06:20:31 PM »
You can buy Ethereum along with Bitcoin and Cardano and AAVE on Coinbase. Coinbase does not yet offer Dogecoin. You can buy Dogecoin on Binance.us. I made over $12,000 in 4 hours when I sold Ethereum for Doge and then rode it up. I then sold some of my Doge back to USD and then bought back my original Ethereum investment. This was all done on Binance.us. So now I still had my +$12,000 profit and my original Ethereum. In fact I almost gained another 1 ETH in the process. I could have made a lot more if I had sold all my Ethereum for Doge but that was a risk I was not willing to take.

For me right now the goal is to get as much crypto as I can in this bull market. It is going to come down eventually and I want to take out profits before that happens so I can buy back in when it drops a lot. I regret not doing this in 2018 and 2019 because I was new to the crypto game.

Bitcoin is almost at $50,000 right now. Some predict it will hit $1 million. That means an increase of 20x. There are many cryptos out there right now that still have a 100x gain to be realized. Cardano for example has great potential and has outperformed Bitcoin and Ethereum the past year. Then there is VeChain (VET) that could go up by a lot.

I do want to acquire some Bitcoin but I have to compare how much Bitcoin is going to go up vs some of the other cryptos. Bitcoin is not going to make as big moves as some of the other smaller coins. If Bitcoin now goes to $100,000 that is only a little over 100% increase. Big whoop!

Meanwhile for ADA (Cardano) to go from $1 to $4 will be much easier. That's a 300% increase.

I will get into Bitcoin once I have maximized my gains in alts because big moves are easier there. Bitcoin will eventually be so expensive that big increases will be unlikely. The guys that got into Bitcoin years ago at low prices are sitting pretty. Someone getting into Bitcoin now will not have these same gains.

When I first heard of BTC I tried to sign up with Coinbase. In fact, I did and have my name and pw on one of my files. Then there was all this stuff about getting a wallet ... it just got too complicated and I didn't want to spend the time. On Cash App you just sign up for the money transfer service, just like Venmo or PayPal and you immediately have access to buying all the stocks including BTC. They tell you where it's at, on the way up or on the way down. I can buy any stock with the funds I have in my account, just like Venmo. Anything I sell goes immediately into my account. I have a Cash App debit card which I use very often. All so seamless and easy.

Then there's the hassle of trying to make a purchase using BTC. They tell me the dollar amount owed, now I have to figure out how much that translates into BTC, and it's constantly changing. And not only that, different sites have different conversion values. I use Coinbase and take a screenshot of the conversion. So then I send the BTC amount along with the screenshot of the conversion, and also a screenshot that it was approved in the Blockchain. But even that is sometimes not enough. I was buying some SARMS and the guy told me I was $50 short and sent me a screenshot of the conversion. His conversion. But that was like a day after I sent him my screenshot along with the BTC indicated on the exchange and a day is like an eternity in the BTC market as it fluctuates literally every single second.

I mean, seriously, who is going to do that? It's never going to be mainstream when there are so many other simpler and faster alternatives. I know some on this board say that cryptocurrency isn't really supposed to be used but just held on to. Right. Maybe for serious high-level investors that have enough money to just sit never to be used but not for the average folk with their 401k and such.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4931 on: February 12, 2021, 06:52:32 PM »
When I first heard of BTC I tried to sign up with Coinbase. In fact, I did and have my name and pw on one of my files. Then there was all this stuff about getting a wallet ... it just got too complicated and I didn't want to spend the time. On Cash App you just sign up for the money transfer service, just like Venmo or PayPal and you immediately have access to buying all the stocks including BTC. They tell you where it's at, on the way up or on the way down. I can buy any stock with the funds I have in my account, just like Venmo. Anything I sell goes immediately into my account. I have a Cash App debit card which I use very often. All so seamless and easy.

Then there's the hassle of trying to make a purchase using BTC. They tell me the dollar amount owed, now I have to figure out how much that translates into BTC, and it's constantly changing. And not only that, different sites have different conversion values. I use Coinbase and take a screenshot of the conversion. So then I send the BTC amount along with the screenshot of the conversion, and also a screenshot that it was approved in the Blockchain. But even that is sometimes not enough. I was buying some SARMS and the guy told me I was $50 short and sent me a screenshot of the conversion. His conversion. But that was like a day after I sent him my screenshot along with the BTC indicated on the exchange and a day is like an eternity in the BTC market as it fluctuates literally every single second.

I mean, seriously, who is going to do that? It's never going to be mainstream when there are so many other simpler and faster alternatives. I know some on this board say that cryptocurrency isn't really supposed to be used but just held on to. Right. Maybe for serious high-level investors that have enough money to just sit never to be used but not for the average folk with their 401k and such.
Right now I am not interested in using cryptos to buy stuff with. That still needs to be developed. The time to invest in a technology is when all the kinks are still being worked out. By the time cryptos have been 100% integrated into payment systems it will be too late to make a ton of money off it.

I would suggest you see cryptos for the moment as a hedge against inflation with the dollar losing its value. Also note that different exchanges will have different prices for Bitcoin, Ethereum and others. For example Coinbase, Binance, Kraken, Coinmarket Cap, Coinranking etc. will all have slightly different realtime prices. But we are talking a few dollar up or down. I would not get too caught up in that.

I think the focus should be to make an entry into crypto and then start trading a little back and forth between cryptos. You have to watch news cycles and chart analysis to gauge how to hop from one crypto to another. You can increase your crypto holdings this way over time. But you have to be careful because you could lose holdings as well. Or you can just buy some promising cryptos and hold it long term and forget about it for a few years. There are a lot of shitcoins out there that will go nowhere. I don't think Cardano is one of them.

Read up on Cardano and watch some videos. It looks extremely promising and could be some real competition for Ethereum. Anything could happen but there's a vast market for Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot and a few others. Decentralization is going to be important moving forward. You could have a home loan on either of those blockchains. Or insurance and numerous other applications. Cardano is still under $1 and has not hit an all time high yet. I think it is not unrealistic to expect Cardano to hit $9-10 even in this market cycle. Long term it could go higher. You can get over 1000 ADA for $1000.

I'd rather have 1000 ADA than $1000 with the way the dollar is going with all the QE going on. That's just me. But realize cryptos will go up and down just like stocks. Traders are only human and some will take profits along the way. Somewhere out there are BTC holders with balls of steel that never sold their holdings for over a decade. I am sure they are glad that they never sold when Bitcoin was $1000 and now have a lot more options with Bitcoin priced close to $50,000.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4932 on: February 12, 2021, 08:58:19 PM »
Ethereum is just itching to go over $1,900 and then $2,000. Today it already went up to $1,871. Would be great if it hit $2000 by Sunday! And then on to $20k!  8)

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4933 on: February 12, 2021, 09:12:47 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4934 on: February 12, 2021, 09:19:43 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4935 on: February 12, 2021, 09:21:01 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4936 on: February 12, 2021, 09:37:53 PM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4937 on: February 12, 2021, 10:17:42 PM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4938 on: February 12, 2021, 10:56:43 PM »
BTC leads the market so that is what needs to be considered first.

I think there is a very large question mark over growth possibility.

The usual progression is diminishing returns along a timeline. In BTC’s case it’s massive 12,000% in 2013 then 2,700% 2017 so arguably it should be less in 2021......

However one needs to consider the timeline and where we sit. Are we at the start? Middle? End?

If one suggests we are at the end, absolutely we would see greatly diminished returns in 2021. However if we are at the start, you cannot be confident in that outcome. It is extremely easy for growth to outperform a previous year in this instance.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4939 on: February 12, 2021, 11:26:49 PM »

A Bitcoin maximalist referring to Ethereum as a 'cult'?  ;D

Stablecoins such as USDC uses Ethereum and central banks will be issuing their own central bank digital currency (CBDC) in the future. Several central banks are experimenting with using Ethereum for their CBDC, working directly with a company owned by a co-founder of Ethereum.

And tokenised Bitcoin...uses Ethereum.

Bitcoin and many cryptocurrencies including Ether have been too volatile to use as currencies for payments and daily transactions.

For a currency, the most important element is stability, with low volatility. This is particularly important for businesses who need to plan ahead for orders, stock, shipments, equipment etc. This is where stablecoins come in, as they can be pegged to a currency or even a basket of currencies and can be used anywhere in the world.

Furthermore, like any market there will be several currencies and commodities.

Regarding the video, Raoul Pal is bullish on Ethereum, Lyn Alden is more neutral but still sees potential for Ethereum if their development stays on track. They are both bullish on stablecoins.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #4940 on: February 12, 2021, 11:48:37 PM »
Right now I am not interested in using cryptos to buy stuff with. That still needs to be developed. The time to invest in a technology is when all the kinks are still being worked out. By the time cryptos have been 100% integrated into payment systems it will be too late to make a ton of money off it.

I would suggest you see cryptos for the moment as a hedge against inflation with the dollar losing its value. Also note that different exchanges will have different prices for Bitcoin, Ethereum and others. For example Coinbase, Binance, Kraken, Coinmarket Cap, Coinranking etc. will all have slightly different realtime prices. But we are talking a few dollar up or down. I would not get too caught up in that.

I think the focus should be to make an entry into crypto and then start trading a little back and forth between cryptos. You have to watch news cycles and chart analysis to gauge how to hop from one crypto to another. You can increase your crypto holdings this way over time. But you have to be careful because you could lose holdings as well. Or you can just buy some promising cryptos and hold it long term and forget about it for a few years. There are a lot of shitcoins out there that will go nowhere. I don't think Cardano is one of them.

Read up on Cardano and watch some videos. It looks extremely promising and could be some real competition for Ethereum. Anything could happen but there's a vast market for Ethereum, Cardano, Polkadot and a few others. Decentralization is going to be important moving forward. You could have a home loan on either of those blockchains. Or insurance and numerous other applications. Cardano is still under $1 and has not hit an all time high yet. I think it is not unrealistic to expect Cardano to hit $9-10 even in this market cycle. Long term it could go higher. You can get over 1000 ADA for $1000.

I'd rather have 1000 ADA than $1000 with the way the dollar is going with all the QE going on. That's just me. But realize cryptos will go up and down just like stocks. Traders are only human and some will take profits along the way. Somewhere out there are BTC holders with balls of steel that never sold their holdings for over a decade. I am sure they are glad that they never sold when Bitcoin was $1000 and now have a lot more options with Bitcoin priced close to $50,000.

I'm talking about the average person. Someone can't just stash away money for ten years but may actually need in an emergency or when there is a good buying opportunity. So, you, and most here, don't care about that but if cryptos are going to be mainstream and increase in value they have to appeal to the masses. I don't hang around with big investors so in my circle of friends and acquaintances there is not a single person that is familiar with cryptos. They have heard of BTC but don't have a clue really what it is and what you do with it. You can tell me not to worry about the fluctuations in prices among various exchanges but it's not me you should be telling that to. It's to the retailer that comes back to me with his price which force me to go through the whole process again and send him the balance due that wasn't there just one day before.

And if you think the casual investor is going to watch videos and "read up" on this authority or that authority it isn't going to happen. Most people are just so busy with their jobs and rating and family and taking in an occasional Netflix episode. They know to buy Apple, Amazon, and FedEx but they can't make sense out of cryptos. I can't make sense of it. A guy is on a computer and "mines" a coin and we decide to give it value. Were these "coins" stashed away in a virtual cyber mountain before there was even an internet or they just appeared when Al Gore invented the internet and someone said what a neat mathematical algorithm this is and so lets give it value?

Of course, you can just say "Then they just lose out." just like many, many who are quite successful, don't bother with stocks and trading. But if it never becomes mainstream like real stocks I don't see how it can grow and it will hit a ceiling fast.

Wallets, Coinbase, value changes by the second, passwords that are impossible to remember and can never be retrieved. OK. People will be all over that.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4941 on: February 13, 2021, 12:33:38 AM »
I'm talking about the average person. Someone can't just stash away money for ten years but may actually need in an emergency or when there is a good buying opportunity. So, you, and most here, don't care about that but if cryptos are going to be mainstream and increase in value they have to appeal to the masses. I don't hang around with big investors so in my circle of friends and acquaintances there is not a single person that is familiar with cryptos. They have heard of BTC but don't have a clue really what it is and what you do with it. You can tell me not to worry about the fluctuations in prices among various exchanges but it's not me you should be telling that to. It's to the retailer that comes back to me with his price which force me to go through the whole process again and send him the balance due that wasn't there just one day before.

And if you think the casual investor is going to watch videos and "read up" on this authority or that authority it isn't going to happen. Most people are just so busy with their jobs and rating and family and taking in an occasional Netflix episode. They know to buy Apple, Amazon, and FedEx but they can't make sense out of cryptos. I can't make sense of it. A guy is on a computer and "mines" a coin and we decide to give it value. Were these "coins" stashed away in a virtual cyber mountain before there was even an internet or they just appeared when Al Gore invented the internet and someone said what a neat mathematical algorithm this is and so lets give it value?

Of course, you can just say "Then they just lose out." just like many, many who are quite successful, don't bother with stocks and trading. But if it never becomes mainstream like real stocks I don't see how it can grow and it will hit a ceiling fast.

Wallets, Coinbase, value changes by the second, passwords that are impossible to remember and can never be retrieved. OK. People will be all over that.

You're right. I'll let everyone know to sell today. Thanks for saving us all from making a huge mistake. I'm donating all.my profits to something more.improtant  like that chick that used gorilla glue on her head.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4942 on: February 13, 2021, 02:27:06 AM »
https://decrypt.co/57629/bitcoin-ethereum-8-billion-market-mbtc?&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinmarketcap

As Bitcoin on Ethereum Tops $8 Billion, Another Player Enters the Market

As of today, there’s 173,032 Bitcoin on Ethereum, the equivalent to 3.74% of Ethereum’s market cap, or $8.2 billion. And $6 billion of that is in just one currency: wBTC, also known as Wrapped Bitcoin.

Now another company wants to take a crack at the growing market.

mStable, a self-described “meta-stablecoin” company, today launched mBTC, a cryptocurrency pegged to the price of stablecoins pegged to the price of Bitcoin. It’s the company’s second stablecoin following the launch of mUSD in May.

Bitcoin stablecoins are cryptocurrencies, usually based on Ethereum, that are pegged to the price of Bitcoin. Although the value of these stablecoins is just as volatile as Bitcoin, they are always worth the same as Bitcoin.

They’re minted so that Bitcoiners can invest their wealth in Ethereum’s decentralized finance smart contracts, such as lending protocols and non-custodial exchanges.

But if Ethereum’s market already has access to Bitcoin stablecoins, what’s the point of mStable, a meta-stablecoin?

The benefit of mStable comes from its structure, the company said: its value is pegged to a basket of all these Bitcoin stablecoins.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4943 on: February 13, 2021, 10:48:24 AM »

... bitcoin adoption is about MONEY adopting bitcoin, not poor people ... sorry if that upsets your socialistic sensibilities but that's the reality on the ground, I wish poor people would wise up and buy bitcoins for real, they always choose the corporate-guvvy shackles though

That was posted 2 months before btc subsequent bull run. It was MONEY pushing the price  to ATHs. Not your mom and pop investors.  This is why you will see a wave of BIG MONEY start allocating their balance sheets into btc.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4944 on: February 13, 2021, 11:02:00 AM »
https://www.coindesk.com/market-wrap-ether-price-bitcoin-futures

Ether Sets New Highs as Bitcoin Stays Below $49K

The price of bitcoin struggled to regain $49,000 Friday, continuing to bounce between $48,000 and $46,000 heading into the weekend.

As bitcoin contemplated which way to go, ether made a new all-time high above $1,850.

Since CME’s futures launch, ether has rallied over 12%. The product has had a quiet start, with less than $200 million worth of contracts traded this week. In contrast, Binance’s ether futures have traded nearly $40 billion worth this week.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4945 on: February 13, 2021, 12:06:44 PM »
Unfortunately, no one responded to this post and the stock went up ~33% this week, I’ll take another shot. How ‘bout it? The other one like it is MARA:

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4946 on: February 13, 2021, 12:57:02 PM »
https://www.coindesk.com/market-wrap-ether-price-bitcoin-futures

Ether Sets New Highs as Bitcoin Stays Below $49K

The price of bitcoin struggled to regain $49,000 Friday, continuing to bounce between $48,000 and $46,000 heading into the weekend.

As bitcoin contemplated which way to go, ether made a new all-time high above $1,850.

Since CME’s futures launch, ether has rallied over 12%. The product has had a quiet start, with less than $200 million worth of contracts traded this week. In contrast, Binance’s ether futures have traded nearly $40 billion worth this week.

BTC is still too active for ETH to really rocket. We probably see BTC at 55k dragging ETH kicking and screaming to 2.1k. Then perhaps BTC settles and ETH can go to 3k.

We have seen BTC rocket, alt coins rocket, we really are due for an ETH rocket.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #4947 on: February 13, 2021, 02:01:46 PM »
You're right. I'll let everyone know to sell today. Thanks for saving us all from making a huge mistake. I'm donating all.my profits to something more.improtant  like that chick that used gorilla glue on her head.

My point seems to have sailed blissfully over your head. I am pro BTC and want it to be successful. I am making the argument that it has to be more user friendly if it is ever going really grow. I mean, a lot of people today have trouble using their cc at the register. They are not going to bother with something like BTC the way it is today.

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4948 on: February 13, 2021, 02:02:50 PM »
My point seems to have sailed blissfully over your head. I am pro BTC and want it to be successful. I am making the argument that it has to be more user friendly if it is ever going really grow. I mean, a lot of people today have trouble using their cc at the register. They are not going to bother with something like BTC the way it is today.

Ill say. What a pain in the ass it is to get btc

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #4949 on: February 13, 2021, 02:46:36 PM »

I'm trying to help. You don't have to stash the money away for 10 years. Let's say you get 0.21 BTC ($10,000) worth of Bitcoin today @ $47,000 per Bitcoin. At the end of the year 1 Bitcoin is now worth $100,000. That means your 0.21 BTC is now not worth $10,000 but worth $100,000 / $47,000 = 2.127 x $10,000 =  $21,276.59

You can then cash out your original $10,000 investment and keep $11,276.59 on the house. That money could grow to more if Bitcoin goes higher because it would be denominated in BTC.

Stocks also change by the second. That's a given.