Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765042 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6900 on: May 22, 2021, 08:19:15 AM »
https://decrypt.co/71724/goldman-sachs-reconsiders-whether-bitcoin-is-legitimate-asset

Goldman Sachs Reconsiders Whether Bitcoin is Legitimate Asset

Little over a year ago, the investment bank said crypto was not an asset class. Now it’s taking a second look.

360 days, one global pandemic and a momentous Bitcoin bull run later, and Goldman Sachs has re-evaluated its initial position.

Bitcoin and Ethereum have generated profitable returns for investors over the course of most of the global pandemic—this week’s massive crash aside—prompting a debate over whether Bitcoin was, in fact, a hedge against inflation.

Goldman Sachs has slowly backtracked on their initial hard line vis-a-vis cryptocurrencies. In August last year, the investment bank announced its interest in creating its own stablecoin, and shortly after, announced it was looking to hire a Vice President of Digital Assets.

Since then, the banking giant has taken big steps to incorporate cryptocurrencies into its banking practice.

In March, Goldman Sachs resumed trading Bitcoin futures for the first time since 2018, and at the beginning of this month, it expanded the offering to other Wall Street firms.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6901 on: May 22, 2021, 10:50:34 AM »
This quote applies to Bitcoin as well.  Money is made during the heinous dips.  Buy low, sell high.  Idiots panic sell at a loss..

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6902 on: May 22, 2021, 01:29:50 PM »
Why would I be impressed by 184% profits from a day trader? You'll lose that same amount tomorrow and be back to zero.

Work out your total profits over several years (if you have any) and the time you put into trading, and you'll find you'd have been better off flipping burgers at McDonalds.

You give up your advantage in cryptos by day trading. The fact you don't realise that and lose sleep cos you're scared of missing an opportunity just screams degenerate gambler. Keep at it though. I enjoy your meltdowns.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6903 on: May 23, 2021, 01:53:47 AM »
2000 dollar eth coming up.
17 dollar chainlink.
1.26 cardano

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6904 on: May 23, 2021, 02:11:18 AM »
$ 34,640.01

it is a very strange whipsaw up and down in the bitcoin price. I don't think the bottom is in yet.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6905 on: May 23, 2021, 02:12:59 AM »
Chainlink new low: $ 19.20

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6906 on: May 23, 2021, 02:23:02 AM »
The dip could turn into another crash once Americans start waking up. Tether could implode too if people decide to withdraw en masse. I'm out of the exchanges.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6907 on: May 23, 2021, 02:50:17 AM »
I think we're gonna see record viewership on the crypto channels today.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6908 on: May 23, 2021, 02:51:08 AM »
Chainlink new low: $ 19.20

Just above 17 on bybit.  :-\

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6909 on: May 23, 2021, 04:50:19 AM »
More FUD this time from Jerome Powell. Don't fall for it people. They want to see crypto fail so they can say see we told you so! HODL that shit!

Ethereum co-founder on why he got into crypto: Empower the little guy, ‘screw’ the big guy — ‘they already have enough money’

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6910 on: May 23, 2021, 05:21:38 AM »
More FUD this time from Jerome Powell. Don't fall for it people. They want to see crypto fail so they can say see we told you so! HODL that shit!

Ethereum co-founder on why he got into crypto: Empower the little guy, ‘screw’ the big guy — ‘they already have enough money’

Looks like the bitcoin mining ban in China is a reality. More news came out that seems to confirm its not just fud.

Some good buys now if you still feel nclined to take the chance were going to 100k this year.

In the interm, the carnage continues.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6911 on: May 23, 2021, 06:19:56 AM »
Terra is down 79 % from its high.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #6912 on: May 23, 2021, 06:23:10 AM »
Just above 17 on bybit.  :-\

This is a steal for link.contemplating buying another 500.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6913 on: May 23, 2021, 06:38:21 AM »
bitcoin $ 32,772.94

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6914 on: May 23, 2021, 06:47:40 AM »

I'm not sure we're done with these dips/mini crashes. Plenty more potential FUDS to come before we see some light and get some breathing room.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6915 on: May 23, 2021, 07:09:19 AM »

If all us getbiggers buy now we could turn this ship around.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6916 on: May 23, 2021, 07:12:48 AM »
Looks like the bitcoin mining ban in China is a reality. More news came out that seems to confirm its not just fud.

Some good buys now if you still feel nclined to take the chance were going to 100k this year.

In the interm, the carnage continues.

100k??? Getting back to $60k would be a Miracle.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6917 on: May 23, 2021, 07:21:47 AM »
100k??? Getting back to $60k would be a Miracle.

You're that optimistic huh?  ;)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6918 on: May 23, 2021, 08:36:27 AM »
Hmmm, seems like the perfect storm against all cryptocurrencies.

• China bans BTC mining
  • The US Federal Reserve is finalizing the US digital dollar
  • Elon Musk spent the better part of a month destroying BitCoin
  • Bitcoin is currently priced at around $33K at the time of this post (Close to a 50% drop from its ATH of $63K+) & since every crypto is pegged to it, they're all experiencing bear market crops (> 20%)

As I've said before (in this thread, many pages ago), I believe that the US Government + Federal Reserve won't give up its standing as the leading world superpower so easily by just handing over the keys as the world reserve currency to decentralized finance/currency in the form of cryptocurrencies. I believe cryptocurrencies could very well be the way of the future, as the idea of central banks controlling all world currencies is becoming outdated and quite troublesome via their incessant manipulation of currencies like the US dollar with excessive monetizing of debt (i.e. printing of money) and with obvious inflationary outcomes that are slowly creeping in. I believe that more and more countries (like China & Russia) are getting hip to the fact that the US can't keep this shit going for much longer without the bubble popping. Problem is that all men desire power. Having the world reserve currency gives the USA so much power over the other countries of the world. That said, with the green new deal vision that democrats have and the idea of having less dependence on oil being part of their agenda, there will come a time where the Petro-Dollar won't be as important as it now is. Additionally, China being the world leader on trade, with the US barely putting anything out by way of exports, suggests strongly that the new superpower that will slowly be taking over the helm is none other than China (I could be very wrong, but other great economical thinkers/players like Ray Dalio would suggest that I am right).

Whether or not the aforementioned line of events (in bullet points) will be the final nail needed to seal the crypto coffin is unknown. These events might just lead to another "great crypto winter" of sorts with a bearish market. Still, I do believe that many big players are coming together to put a stake through the heart of Bitcoin. It could be the end or simply be a GREAT opportunity to buy up more BTC at discount prices.

One thing I do believe is that these current events will likely not bring about the end of ALL cryptocurrencies, but instead could bring down BitCoin from its top position. Many people call BTC blind, death and dumb for good reason. The argument that it's a store of wealth is getting defeated (currently). Its detrimental effects on the environment, no matter how statistically small you can paint it, are still there. I still see other cryptocurrencies surviving this and possibly rebounding quite well, due to the fact that they don't all function in similar fashion to BitCoin. The most obvious one I can see surviving this is VeChain, if you know of others, let us know, as I would love to do some research on them.

"1"

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6919 on: May 23, 2021, 09:03:54 AM »

The most obvious one I can see surviving this is VeChain, if you know of others, let us know, as I would love to do some research on them.

"1"

XRP ~ It has use beyond decentralized crypto

Also consider that the digital Yuan is ready, the bank of England is looking at digital plus digital euro.

The SEC issues for XRP are also interesting. Might need to wear some tinfoil when diving into that.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6920 on: May 23, 2021, 09:04:56 AM »

• China bans BTC mining
  • Elon Musk spent the better part of a month destroying BitCoin
  • Bitcoin is currently priced at around $33K at the time of this post (Close to a 50% drop from its ATH of $63K+)

As I've said before (in this thread, many pages ago), I believe that the US Government + Federal Reserve won't give up its standing as the leading world superpower so easily by just handing over the keys as the world reserve currency to decentralized finance/currency in the form of cryptocurrencies. I believe cryptocurrencies could very well be the way of the future, as the idea of central banks controlling all world currencies is becoming outdated and quite troublesome with their incessant manipulation of currencies like the US dollar with excessive monetizing of debt (i.e. printing of money) and with obvious inflationary outcomes that are slowly creeping in. I believe that more and more countries (like China & Russia) are getting hip to the fact that the US can't keep this shit going for much longer without the bubble popping. Problem is that all men desire power. Having the world reserve currency gives the USA so much power over the other countries of the world. That said, with the green new deal vision that democrats have and the idea of having less dependence on oil being part of their agenda, there will come a time where the Petro-Dollar won't be as important as it now is. Additionally, China being the world leader on trade, with the US barely putting anything out by way of exports, suggests strongly that the new superpower that will slowly be taking over the helm is none other than China (I could be very wrong).

Whether or not the aforementioned line of events (in bullet points) will be the final nail needed to seal the crypto coffin is unknown, this might just lead to another winter of sorts with a bearish market. I do believe that many big players are coming together to put a stake through the heart of Bitcoin. It could be the end or could simply be a GREAT opportunity to buy up more BTC at discount prices.

One thing I do believe is that these current events will likely not bring about the end of ALL cryptocurrencies, but instead could bring down BitCoin from its top position. Many people call BTC blind, death and dumb for good reason. The argument that it's a store of wealth is getting defeated (currently). Its detrimental effects on the environment, no matter how statistically small you can paint it, are still there. I still see other cryptocurrencies surviving this and possibly rebounding quite well, due to the fact that they don't all function in similar fashion to BitCoin. The most obvious one I can see surviving this is VeChain, if you know of others, let us know, as I would love to do some research on them.

"1"

Where are you deriviving such information...or is this your personal opinion?  Onchain anaylsis indicates shitcoins are rotating into bitcoin. Capital is flowing out of Ethereum and into Bitcoin. Despite already falling -25% from 8 million to 6 million sats in a week.
Shitcoiners think their projects can stand on their own, markets and sentiment show otherwise. Just like 2018, shitcoins are being bled dry and btc hodlers are the only ones with true conviction.

China banning mining.....even if so this is great news.
Federal reserve finalising digital $....better let Bevo know, he is still waiting for doge to be pegged to USD.

Nothing is dead or dying, just another market  cycle in an unchartered new asset class. This most likel will be a mini bear market within a bull cycle.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6921 on: May 23, 2021, 09:22:46 AM »
Where are you deriviving such information...or is this your personal opinion? 

My personal opinion, hence why I preemptively started my paragraphs and most sentences with "I believe".

"1"

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6922 on: May 23, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »
Savage destruction. It would be glorious if the whale motive theory were to kick in now and they started buying everything up and killed the shorts.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6923 on: May 23, 2021, 09:35:06 AM »
Where are you deriviving such information...or is this your personal opinion?  Onchain anaylsis indicates shitcoins are rotating into bitcoin. Capital is flowing out of Ethereum and into Bitcoin. Despite already falling -25% from 8 million to 6 million sats in a week.
Shitcoiners think their projects can stand on their own, markets and sentiment show otherwise. Just like 2018, shitcoins are being bled dry and btc hodlers are the only ones with true conviction.

China banning mining.....even if so this is great news.
Federal reserve finalising digital $....better let Bevo know, he is still waiting for doge to be pegged to USD.

Nothing is dead or dying, just another market  cycle in an unchartered new asset class. This most likel will be a mini bear market within a bull cycle.

The shittest of shitcoins SHIB is green for the past 24 hours  :D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #6924 on: May 23, 2021, 09:37:20 AM »
The shittest of shitcoins SHIB is green for the past 24 hours  :D

If that one of those that if you sell, other holders get a percentage of your coins?

"1"