Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765638 times)

obsidian

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6975 on: May 24, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
I do regret not selling some ETH at $4.4k because I could have bought more at $2k. Every time it goes up I tell myself I will cash out because it will dip and I can load my bag more. But then some deadline comes along or I think it might go a little higher and don't pull the trigger. Lots of missed opportunities to get more. The only thing is all those trades would increase my taxes. Hodling and DCA via mining is the safest option I think.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6976 on: May 24, 2021, 08:12:51 PM »
I do regret not selling some ETH at $4.4k because I could have bought more at $2k. Every time it goes up I tell myself I will cash out because it will dip and I can load my bag more. But then some deadline comes along or I think it might go a little higher and don't pull the trigger. Lots of missed opportunities to get more. The only thing is all those trades would increase my taxes. Hodling and DCA via mining is the safest option I think.

Easy to say after the fact but if you sold at $4k and it kept going up to $8k you would have kicked yourself in the ass as well. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6977 on: May 24, 2021, 08:33:23 PM »
Easy to say after the fact but if you sold at $4k and it kept going up to $8k you would have kicked yourself in the ass as well.

It was easy to sell. Just ignore every one laughing and talking about paper hands.

I've said it a million times on here, you can always buy back in later. Had you sold some earlier you could have been profiting twice over.

So many people were talking about 10k Eth as being conservative.  That gives you plenty of time to make profits after you sell and rebuild on a correction and  there will be corrections. dont be afraid to sell some as were climbing up. We've all witnessed how quick things can tank.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6978 on: May 24, 2021, 08:34:47 PM »
Up around 38K.   Bull trap?

Had 2.5hrs sleep last night to watch the charts.

Looks like for the moment the wicks are good enough rather than a daily close. We need to see tomorrow close hold 38.5k and then it’s probably good to go as we have made it past the 25th of the month.

ETH seasonality still in play.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6979 on: May 24, 2021, 08:36:30 PM »

Welcome to my world. Lmao.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6980 on: May 24, 2021, 08:57:24 PM »
Welcome to my world. Lmao.

Yeah but I’m not stressed in the slightest  ;)

I just needed to be sure the market wasn’t tanking completely.

I got a text from my mother in law today which said - I know you were looking into Bitcoin, I thought I’d let you know it had crash but went up last night after Elon tweeted.

LOL

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6981 on: May 24, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »
Yeah but I’m not stressed in the slightest  ;)

I just needed to be sure the market wasn’t tanking completely.

I got a text from my mother in law today which said - I know you were looking into Bitcoin, I thought I’d let you know it had crash but went up last night after Elon tweeted.

LOL

Lol @ Mums. :)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6982 on: May 24, 2021, 10:28:23 PM »

Looks like for the moment the wicks are good enough rather than a daily close. We need to see tomorrow close hold 38.5k and then it’s probably good to go as we have made it past the 25th of the month.

ETH seasonality still in play.

You not worried about closing last week under the 20 week EMA?  I wasn't concerned about the dumps at all until that happened.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6983 on: May 24, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »
Hate to be that guy, but I don't see the prices going anywhere close to ATH yet.

I expect to see BTC bouncing around 30k to 40k a couple more times. Eth between 1.8k and 3k. Both might go past those ranges, but it will only be briefly. If this pattern plays out I'll buy back in confidently. Until then just buying various alts in the dips.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6984 on: May 24, 2021, 11:06:48 PM »
You not worried about closing last week under the 20 week EMA?  I wasn't concerned about the dumps at all until that happened.

I’m in ETH so for me I don’t need BTC to do anything but sit tight.

We have lengthening cycles so if we get a bear market now it means for the first time ever BTC structure broke.

I think our savage downswings are new. We never saw a -40% movement inside a day before and I think they have the ability to blow apart some of the previous ‘bottom’ signals and undershoot.

I also think it’s a consideration of the risk of not playing. It’s harder to be out and time entry back in than it is to just say ‘fuck it’ and stay in.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #6985 on: May 24, 2021, 11:17:28 PM »

We have lengthening cycles so if we get a bear market now it means for the first time ever BTC structure broke.

I think our savage downswings are new. We never saw a -40% movement inside a day before and I think they have the ability to blow apart some of the previous ‘bottom’ signals and undershoot.

I also think it’s a consideration of the risk of not playing. It’s harder to be out and time entry back in than it is to just say ‘fuck it’ and stay in.

You can say that again.  When I try to sell and buy back in later I'm almost always wrong.   lol.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6986 on: May 25, 2021, 12:57:43 AM »

If we do form a bearmarket ( I dont believe so) it wont be a a sustained 2year bear cycle like previous.  Im think at worse maybe  half the previous bear cycle as adoption increases and more people enter the space.  Ill call a long position  on next bear floor price at 50-70k after a drop from its peak.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6987 on: May 25, 2021, 01:29:46 AM »
Last few days everybody was acting like it's the Bitcoin apocalypse and we're going bearish.  Today it shoots all the way back up to 40K.  Etherium up 25% in one fucking day.

I'm kinda pissed. lol.

Polygon was up 102% in 24 hours.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6988 on: May 25, 2021, 04:28:14 AM »
Looks like a lot of big money is content on making quick 10-20% gains. Sell, dip, buy, up 10% , sell, dip , buy….. this has been going on for a week someone is slowly acquiring a bunch more.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6989 on: May 25, 2021, 05:13:59 AM »
Looks like a lot of big money is content on making quick 10-20% gains. Sell, dip, buy, up 10% , sell, dip , buy….. this has been going on for a week someone is slowly acquiring a bunch more.

Btc is no different to the action going on in your avatar.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6990 on: May 25, 2021, 05:27:48 AM »

yes!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6991 on: May 25, 2021, 05:30:46 AM »
Billionaire investor Ray Dalio says he'd rather own bitcoin than bonds as inflation surges - and reveals he's bought some of the cryptocurrency

The billionaire investor Ray Dalio said in an interview that aired Monday at the Consensus by CoinDesk convention that he would rather own bitcoin than bonds.

The Bridgewater Associates founder reiterated his view that the US dollar is on the verge of a devaluation, and he suggested that bitcoin could be an attractive savings vehicle in an inflationary scenario.

"The more we create savings in it, the more you might say, 'I'd rather have bitcoin than the bond,'" Dalio said in the interview, recorded on May 6. "Personally, I'd rather have bitcoin than a bond."

The billionaire investor has been bearish on bonds for quite some time, saying the financial instruments pay less than inflation.

"I have some bitcoin," Dalio said in the interview. The investor didn't say how much he owned.

Bitcoin rebounded on Monday by as much as 15%, to about $38,683, after a vicious sell-off over the weekend.

Dalio added that bitcoin's greatest risk is its success - if it becomes a larger asset class and poses a real threat to others, like bonds, that could prompt a regulatory crackdown that could hinder the cryptocurrency. Right now bitcoin isn't a true threat because it's still small relative to other assets, he said. The total value of bitcoin is slightly over $1 trillion, while the value of US bonds is about $23 trillion, according to Dalio.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/ray-dalio-bitcoin-bonds-inflation-surges-cryptocurrency-portfolio-outlook-bridgewater-2021-5-1030459576

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #6992 on: May 25, 2021, 05:34:07 AM »
Looks like this thread has many knowledgeable people. So, critique my portfolio distribution:

Ethereum 45%
Iota 15%
Ripple 11%
Cardano 10%
Dash 8%
Stellar 5%
HBAR 3%
Shiba 2%

I fully expect you telling me I'm doing it all wrong fuckface, but if your opinion is different, let me know  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6993 on: May 25, 2021, 06:12:39 AM »
Looks like this thread has many knowledgeable people. So, critique my portfolio distribution:

Ethereum 45%
Iota 15%
Ripple 11%
Cardano 10%
Dash 8%
Stellar 5%
HBAR 3%
Shiba 2%

I fully expect you telling me I'm doing it all wrong fuckface, but if your opinion is different, let me know  ;D

If you're playing with small sums that looks fine. It's mostly potluck anyway.

If bigger sums are in play then you need at least 30% bitcoin.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #6994 on: May 25, 2021, 07:48:14 AM »
If you're playing with small sums that looks fine. It's mostly potluck anyway.

If bigger sums are in play then you need at least 30% bitcoin.

Yeah it's not a huge amount - thanks

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6995 on: May 25, 2021, 01:06:19 PM »
Who’s fucking with these markets? It’s a constant up and down game now. Even today. It’s happening exactly the same with BTC, ETh and even doge. Someone has their hands in many Alts and is going for those short 10% gains. Are they trying to avoid taxes or doing something shady?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6996 on: May 25, 2021, 04:56:21 PM »
Who’s fucking with these markets? It’s a constant up and down game now. Even today. It’s happening exactly the same with BTC, ETh and even doge. Someone has their hands in many Alts and is going for those short 10% gains. Are they trying to avoid taxes or doing something shady?

Think of it like this. The body is dead and buyers are the defibrillator jolting the body to try and get the heart pumping again.

Jan Feb Mar Apr have all been volatile in the back end of the month. The earliest we saw a bottom to the volatility was by the 25th but all were bottomed by the start of the next month. Therefore this is normal behaviour as trended since the start of 2021.

We need a close around 44k on the 21wk ema in order to prevent a bear market. Weekends are for rallying so Thurs and Fri can be volatile and we are still ok.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6997 on: May 25, 2021, 07:14:03 PM »
Pumping now. See what comes of it

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6998 on: May 26, 2021, 12:32:32 AM »
$ 40,419.15

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #6999 on: May 26, 2021, 12:36:49 AM »
45k $

MATIC 37%
ADA 29%
SHIB 21%
VET 6%
ETH 6%
$