Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765378 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7125 on: June 04, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »
The crypto world has seem to stabilize. Prices are pretty steady. What’s it going to take to move the needles again?

Consider this:
Bitcoin has never hit an all time high (ATH) and never not had a 50% crash followed by another 50% crash.

We had a peak. We are well below the 20wk EMA and not recovering. We have a ‘death cross’ in the coming weeks which is unavoidable at this late stage unless we rally to 60k in a few weeks. These things all signal another crash is coming.

The question you need to be asking is why would it go up? Institutions are not buying at this price. They are dumping at this price and retail buyers can’t absorb the volume so it crashes.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7126 on: June 04, 2021, 10:06:07 PM »
The crypto world has seem to stabilize. Prices are pretty steady. What’s it going to take to move the needles again?

No more sellers willing to sell (we are about there I think), followed by a trickle dipping therr toes back into buying, followed by the longs gaining confidence to leverage up, followed by retail FOMO of missing the ride back up to a new ATH.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7127 on: June 04, 2021, 11:45:22 PM »
BTC from 63.5k —> Pi cycle cross a bear market signal
12 days crash
13 days rally
12 days crash under 21wk ema a bear market signal
12 days rally under 21wk ema a bear market signal

This past week we had 4 attempts breaking above trend to the upside and all were rejected. A bear market signal.

Death cross approach in approx 2 weeks a bear market signal

Now take into account my recent horrid predictions and this sucker is gunna moon lol.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7128 on: June 05, 2021, 01:10:14 AM »
Honestly, I hope that you are right.

Problem I see with Bitcoin is that it doesn't have much use. It's a pseudo store of value, as today you might have some money stored away and tomorrow it could very well be gone when you need it. Yes, it's the first of its kind and stands for a lot by way of decentralized finance and currencies, but I feel that it isn't keeping up with the times accordingly.

I honestly see cryptos like Ethereum having more potential than Bitcoin, possibly dethroning it over time. Thing is that there are MANY BTC maxis that will hold on to it for dear life and not jump ship regardless of what happens. I respect that level of conviction, but it can also be very dangerous when it comes to dealing with money. Nothing stays still. Old technology runs its course and new technology takes over.

Nonetheless, I want BTC to succeed as I believe it stands for a lot more than just crypto. It represents freedom from the centralized banking system that has kept humanity enslaved for centuries.

"1"

BTC is absolutely a store of value, pristine SOV.  To develop that level of conviction comes with time in the market, ebs and flows of both emotion and value.  I still have my coins purchased at 200$.   The last dip of 50% saw 22% of coins from cold storage become liquid.  78% of those coins were hodled,  that tells me........yes the market is volatile and irrational at times.  If you cant handle at 50% dip, then you dont deserve the 200% gain.  This is the wild west of a new technology that is sweeping the monetary system and the way we bank ourselves.  It is not a straight line up.  BTC is and will always be king daddy of the wild west, 4000+ shitcoins have been created to rival BTC and still nothing?  The whole ETH flipping had much more noise to it in 2017/2018. Not so much this time around, just seems that way to newcomers.

BTC is not money, store of value. We have lightning network protocols and taproot being activated in November which adds another layer.  Shit,  I can send 30mil in btc right now to GIB via lightning protocol for a fee of .01cents and receive it instantaneously......... or standard route and pay a fee of 15$ and wait 10minutes.

ETH surpassing BTC in market cap?  Ill run some numbers, perhaps Mayday can confirm. He has a firmer grasp of the market when it comes to tracking Store of value assets such as equities, bonds, real estate, gold.

Lets play it conservative.  When big money is dropped into the market, say 1billion, the market cap moves by a factor of 20x.  20billion,

When these trad stores of value start to redistribute their treasuries into BTC, what happens to the price given set limit of 21million coins, 18 which have been mined, 4million which have been lost, 1million locked up in Satoshis wallet never to be moved.  We have 14 million active coins on the market.

Lets redistribute;

Gold       12T      20%   flow into btc   2.4T
Bonds    120T     10%                        12T
Equities  100T      1%                          1T
RE         200T       1%                         2T

Total 17.4T into BTC

Market cap today is under 1 Trillion.

17.4T X 20 = 348T
348T/14million BTC = 24,857.142

Price per BTC = $24,856,142

This is a forecast for the next 5-10 years with what I consider conservative numbers.  Hell, you can even consider 50-75% reduction in Capital flowing into the BTC space and would still see a price point of 5million(my prediction) by 2030.  These are the benefits of digital scarcity on an open network. 

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7129 on: June 05, 2021, 01:18:47 AM »
BTC from 63.5k —> Pi cycle cross a bear market signal
12 days crash
13 days rally
12 days crash under 21wk ema a bear market signal
12 days rally under 21wk ema a bear market signal

This past week we had 4 attempts breaking above trend to the upside and all were rejected. A bear market signal.

Death cross approach in approx 2 weeks a bear market signal

Now take into account my recent horrid predictions and this sucker is gunna moon lol.

BTC is determined by money flowing in and not TA, we have seen death crosses before in this market and nothing eventuated.  Coins are being gobbled up into the lower bound of the 30k zones.  Perhaps people are waking up?  Im not a short term guy, are you convinced we are in a bear market? What signal are you waiting for to give a clear indication? 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7130 on: June 05, 2021, 01:57:16 AM »
BTC is determined by money flowing in and not TA, we have seen death crosses before in this market and nothing eventuated.  Coins are being gobbled up into the lower bound of the 30k zones. 

Agreed. So many were talking about  death crosses and certain price levels equating to complete doom that last weekend was suppose to see btc drop to 18k.

Many times in crypto,  just when you think it's about to all go to shit, it manages to do what was considered impossible and climb higher.

Never a dull moment thats for sure.

I'm actuallymore optimistic now, seeing as even after Asshats tweet, things bounced back way faster this time then last time. I thought, shit...were gonna see liquidations triggered again taking us way down, but it actually worked out OK, for the time being.

Still a long way to go but I'm hoping for the best. Like you said,  perhaps more people are beginning to understand this.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7131 on: June 05, 2021, 02:45:35 AM »
"Death cross" lol. Gotta love these chartist terminologies. :)

"Witches peak" is another one of my favorites...

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7132 on: June 05, 2021, 06:31:45 AM »
BTC is determined by money flowing in and not TA, we have seen death crosses before in this market and nothing eventuated.  Coins are being gobbled up into the lower bound of the 30k zones.  Perhaps people are waking up?  Im not a short term guy, are you convinced we are in a bear market? What signal are you waiting for to give a clear indication?

As a large signal and extending the timeline to be more correct?  We have never had an ATH and then not had a 50%+ crash, rally, followed by another 50%+ crash. It’s important to note this is from an ATH. No special chart required.

That is the largest signal one could pick on a longer timeline.

Now watch it rally to 42k lol.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7133 on: June 05, 2021, 07:22:36 AM »
As a large signal and extending the timeline to be more correct?  We have never had an ATH and then not had a 50%+ crash, rally, followed by another 50%+ crash. It’s important to note this is from an ATH. No special chart required.

That is the largest signal one could pick on a longer timeline.

Now watch it rally to 42k lol.

The second 50% drop last ATH was due to fork wars.  I think it was BSV? Craig Wright largely. Could Elon be this bullruns CW?  Time will tell, i just dont see it. 

Every bearish tweet becomes less and less effective.
Ignore it as noise, focus on the signal, and eventually he'll fade to insignificance in terms of btc.  Fumdamentals still havent changed and thats a long term signal I can heavily rely on.

If it does dump 50% no doubt youll be smashing that  buy order faster than any one on this forum.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7134 on: June 05, 2021, 09:20:05 AM »
Are people still trying to figure out what's going on? Lol

I'm sitting here smug as fuck as things are mostly playing out how I predicted a month or 2 back. Seen plenty of things to confirm my bias since.
We have another mini rally, followed by a 20 to 25% crash and then once we're done edging we climax!

Be ready to go balls deep in the next crash if you haven't already!

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #7135 on: June 05, 2021, 09:52:15 AM »

I'm sitting here smug as fuck as things are mostly playing out how I predicted a month or 2 back. Seen plenty of things to confirm my bias since.
We have another mini rally, followed by a 20 to 25% crash and then once we're done edging we climax!

I don't believe in all this crypto malarkey but I'll be in balls deep when it crashes lol.

I'm still pissed I waited a year for my crypto to break even then sold and missed out on the 15x flip   :P

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7136 on: June 05, 2021, 03:14:02 PM »
El Salvador looks to become the world’s first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender

MIAMI -- El Salvador is looking to introduce legislation that will make it the world’s first sovereign nation to adopt bitcoin as legal tender, alongside the U.S. dollar.

In a video broadcast to Bitcoin 2021, a multiday conference in Miami being billed as the biggest bitcoin event in history, President Nayib Bukele announced El Salvador’s partnership with digital wallet company, Strike, to build the country’s modern financial infrastructure using bitcoin technology.

“Next week I will send to congress a bill that will make bitcoin a legal tender,” said Bukele.

Jack Mallers, founder of the Lightning Network payments platform Strike, said this will go down as the “shot heard ’round the world for bitcoin.”

“What’s transformative here is that bitcoin is both the greatest reserve asset ever created and a superior monetary network. Holding bitcoin provides a way to protect developing economies from potential shocks of fiat currency inflation,” continued Mallers.

Speaking from the mainstage, Mallers said the move will help unleash the power and potential of bitcoin for everyday use cases on an open network that benefits individuals, businesses, and public sector services.

El Salvador is a largely cash economy, where roughly 70% of people do not have bank accounts or credit cards. Remittances, or the money sent home by migrants, account for more than 20% of El Salvador’s gross domestic product. Incumbent services can charge 10% or more in fees for those international transfers, which can sometimes take days to arrive and that sometimes require a physical pick-up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/el-salvador-becomes-the-first-country-to-adopt-bitcoin-as-legal-tender-.html

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7137 on: June 05, 2021, 04:46:04 PM »

The second 50% drop last ATH was due to fork wars.  I think it was BSV? Craig Wright largely. Could Elon be this bullruns CW?  Time will tell, i just dont see it. 

Every bearish tweet becomes less and less effective.
Ignore it as noise, focus on the signal, and eventually he'll fade to insignificance.

If it does dump 50% no doubt youll be smashing that  buy order faster than any one on this forum.

Yes i am out awaiting a crash to lower levels where I will go balls in. Even if it stabilises and I buy back in higher I’m ok with that. I just don’t want to play in the mud.

Elon’s tweets didn’t create any crash out of thin air, the market is moving in that direction anyway. His buddies dumping pulls the trigger.

He has the ability to make things fly (see what I did there?). He recent post says it all - don’t kill what you hate, save what you love.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7138 on: June 05, 2021, 04:59:57 PM »
El Salvador looks to become the world’s first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender

MIAMI -- El Salvador is looking to introduce legislation that will make it the world’s first sovereign nation to adopt bitcoin as legal tender, alongside the U.S. dollar.

In a video broadcast to Bitcoin 2021, a multiday conference in Miami being billed as the biggest bitcoin event in history, President Nayib Bukele announced El Salvador’s partnership with digital wallet company, Strike, to build the country’s modern financial infrastructure using bitcoin technology.

“Next week I will send to congress a bill that will make bitcoin a legal tender,” said Bukele.

Jack Mallers, founder of the Lightning Network payments platform Strike, said this will go down as the “shot heard ’round the world for bitcoin.”

“What’s transformative here is that bitcoin is both the greatest reserve asset ever created and a superior monetary network. Holding bitcoin provides a way to protect developing economies from potential shocks of fiat currency inflation,” continued Mallers.

Speaking from the mainstage, Mallers said the move will help unleash the power and potential of bitcoin for everyday use cases on an open network that benefits individuals, businesses, and public sector services.

El Salvador is a largely cash economy, where roughly 70% of people do not have bank accounts or credit cards. Remittances, or the money sent home by migrants, account for more than 20% of El Salvador’s gross domestic product. Incumbent services can charge 10% or more in fees for those international transfers, which can sometimes take days to arrive and that sometimes require a physical pick-up.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/el-salvador-becomes-the-first-country-to-adopt-bitcoin-as-legal-tender-.html

So it begins, retailers, institutions, states, small countries and then..........

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7139 on: June 05, 2021, 05:10:03 PM »

You have every right to be smug. Fuckin hell I agree so often with your points and then I deviated from my usual way of analysing and I fucked right up (well I got ETH right which saved my bacon).

Going back to my simple 5 second I don’t GAF analysis because it seems to be the most accurate lolz.

just eyeballs on a blank wick pattern on the daily with literally a 5 second look with what my brain looks at first.

5 second No Fucks Given analysis -
*run up from 20k was 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off all the way to 64k
*crash pattern from 64k is 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on.
*We just had the 2 weeks on so we are due for 2 weeks down.

Invert the BTC daily chart from 20k and does it look bullish?  Now invert it back and there is your direction without bias.

Price to test 35.8k get rejected and down to 34k with the below resistance ranges:
Resistance 31k-33k
Resistance 22k-24k
Resistance 17k-19.7k

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7140 on: June 05, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »

Amazing! Its really finally happening! Will probably see this being done in various African countries too (already happening informally but first one to endorse via Government legislation will have a big edge.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #7141 on: June 05, 2021, 09:58:53 PM »
high probability that this is a longterm bear market now.Anyone saying its going to jump back up to 64k etc obviously never lived through the 2018-2019 bear.Imagine your worst scenario of prices, then imagine worse than that, thats how bear markets play out, especially for alts. Most of the 2017 alts dropped 95% and never recovered. Its ok learning TA for a few months but nothing comes close to the experience of living DAILY through a full bull/bear cycle.There were 10x more top signs this time than dec/jan 17/18.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7142 on: June 06, 2021, 01:42:10 AM »
high probability that this is a longterm bear market now.Anyone saying its going to jump back up to 64k etc obviously never lived through the 2018-2019 bear.Imagine your worst scenario of prices, then imagine worse than that, thats how bear markets play out, especially for alts. Most of the 2017 alts dropped 95% and never recovered. Its ok learning TA for a few months but nothing comes close to the experience of living DAILY through a full bull/bear cycle.There were 10x more top signs this time than dec/jan 17/18.

One can make arguments, based both on charts, economics, sentiment, etc for a move up past 80K end of the year, or down past 10K end of year. From my perspective, the best we can do it look at the current price, and then try to figure if demand will be higher (or lower) then supply is at the current price. That will determine where the price goes. My bet is that demand to buy at this price will over time continue to outpace the willingness to sell at this price. So, my view is HODL and dollar cost average in if you are continuing to accumulate.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7143 on: June 06, 2021, 04:43:34 AM »
We have a guest arriving shortly.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7144 on: June 06, 2021, 08:07:42 AM »

A lot of TA done during the recent bull run made the point that things were far ahead of schedule for this cycle. The price crashed and corrected itself. You see a bear market, I see it that we are where we should be for the cycle, an accumulation phase before we hit the cycle peak.

If you only play in bitcoin, it's makes more sense to be risk averse and sit this out, as at best you see a x3 gain. But with alts like ETH, ADA, DOT etc the odds are more in your favour. You have the potential for highs because of a cycle peak and you also have the potential upgrades and increased adoption and use increasing their value. You could see anything from a x5 to x10 gains.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7145 on: June 06, 2021, 08:13:51 AM »
You have every right to be smug. Fuckin hell I agree so often with your points and then I deviated from my usual way of analysing and I fucked right up (well I got ETH right which saved my bacon).

Going back to my simple 5 second I don’t GAF analysis because it seems to be the most accurate lolz.

just eyeballs on a blank wick pattern on the daily with literally a 5 second look with what my brain looks at first.

5 second No Fucks Given analysis -
*run up from 20k was 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off all the way to 64k
*crash pattern from 64k is 2 weeks off, 2 weeks on.
*We just had the 2 weeks on so we are due for 2 weeks down.

Invert the BTC daily chart from 20k and does it look bullish?  Now invert it back and there is your direction without bias.

Price to test 35.8k get rejected and down to 34k with the below resistance ranges:
Resistance 31k-33k
Resistance 22k-24k
Resistance 17k-19.7k

Shut the noise out, stick to the fundamentals, avoid over analysis and be a little more retarded. That's how I'm playing it.

Always remember anyone who bought at the cycle peak in 2017 would be in profit right now if they held.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7146 on: June 06, 2021, 10:02:04 AM »
Texas Governor Signs Law Creating Legal Framework for Crypto Investments

Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, has announced plans to expand the state’s blockchain industry.

In a tweet issued on June 5 on his personal account, Gov. Abbott opined that, “Blockchain is a booming industry that Texas needs to be involved in.

“I just signed a law for Texas to create a master plan for expanding the blockchain industry in Texas.”

The governor, who took office in 2015, has long been a crypto supporter. He even welcomed “the bitcoin community” to his election campaign way back in 2014. And more recently, he voiced support for a cryptocurrency law in Texas, saying to “count him in” back in March.

Of cryptocurrencies, he said “It is increasingly being used for transactions and is beginning to go mainstream as an investment. Texas should lead on this like we did with a gold depository.”

Since then, lawmakers in Texas passed the bill to establish a legal framework for cryptocurrency investments in the state. On May 28, reports revealed the bill had since passed to Gov. Abbott’s desk for his final signature.

At the time, reports also indicated that Texas was one of 25 states in the U.S. considering cryptocurrency legislation. According to reports made in April, Francis Suarez, Mayor of Miami, pushed a bill that would lead to meaningful cryptocurrency regulation in Florida. He passed the bill after a unanimous vote in the Florida House of Representatives.

Wyoming previously passed a bill relating to to cryptocurrency all the way back in 2019.

In light of the country’s recent crackdown on bitcoin mining operations, cryptocurrency miners from China started moving their operations overseas. Reports indicate that they started to eye North America – the U.S. especially – as a potential site. Beforehand, the States accounted for 11% of the bitcoin hash rate. Since China announced its crackdown, that figure has now increased.

Texas is one of the states reportedly favored, on account of its advantageous energy prices. In addition, a considerable percentage of Texas’ energy generation comes from renewable sources. More specifically, wind and solar power account for more than 25%.

Reports show that several major mining companies, including Bitmain, Blockcap, Argo Blockchain, Great American Mining, Layer1, Compute North, Riot Blockchain, and Whinstone, have since set up operations in Texas.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-governor-signs-law-creating-125552045.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #7147 on: June 06, 2021, 03:09:35 PM »
What wallet is everyone using?  If I have some meme coins sitting on a shit exchange because the other sites didn't sell them, what wallet is best for sticking them into?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7148 on: June 06, 2021, 05:28:14 PM »
Shut the noise out, stick to the fundamentals, avoid over analysis and be a little more retarded. That's how I'm playing it.

Always remember anyone who bought at the cycle peak in 2017 would be in profit right now if they held.

Edit as I use too many words.

I am retarded already so that’s covered.

You are right dude, good advice.

I’ll keep it simple.

Short squeeze inbound? The shorts are piling up, liquidate at 5% up then pullback.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7149 on: June 06, 2021, 07:52:30 PM »
If countries decide to change to Bitcoin and eventually abandon the US dollar, the fed will go to war with Bitcoin and erase it all