Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 765976 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #9025 on: November 12, 2022, 08:49:25 PM »
Crypto.com is feeling the wrath of crypto twitter right for some sketchy shit involving Gate .io

Possible bank runs of both incoming.

My $150 on crypto.com are out of there  ;D

Add Huobi to that too.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9026 on: November 12, 2022, 09:01:52 PM »
Crypto.com is feeling the wrath of crypto twitter right for some sketchy shit involving Gate .io

Possible bank runs of both incoming.

My $150 on crypto.com are out of there  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9027 on: November 13, 2022, 01:00:44 AM »
Hopefully everyone on here has sold their crypto by now.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9028 on: November 13, 2022, 05:01:05 AM »
My HEX and HEdron positions are just above water.l those will drop shortly I think. That’s fine as they are 2025-26 timeframe anyway and I am happy to ride these out.

Mayday, how high do you reckon HEX could go in the next bull market?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9029 on: November 13, 2022, 05:02:23 AM »
Hopefully everyone on here has sold their crypto by now.

You mean "every trader."

I invest, I don't trade. And I'm holding on to my cryptos like I did in 2017.

I am tired of paying taxes and financing the IRS. FTS!

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9030 on: November 13, 2022, 09:13:36 PM »
Mayday, how high do you reckon HEX could go in the next bull market?

My crypto bottom call was wrong so it means all my other crypto numbers will also be wrong and my assumptions on dominance will be wrong.

I waited almost 8 months for that entry from mid 50s down to 17.5k. Onto the next target now which is sub 8k.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9031 on: November 14, 2022, 03:29:04 AM »
You mean "every trader."

I invest, I don't trade. And I'm holding on to my cryptos like I did in 2017.

I am tired of paying taxes and financing the IRS. FTS!
It appears that crypto is a terrible investment.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #9032 on: November 14, 2022, 04:56:10 AM »

It might be a bad investment, but I think it would be great if we transitioned to something that governments couldn't print out on a whim for handouts.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9033 on: November 14, 2022, 05:37:23 AM »
Invest in whatever buisness that cashflows monthly
A

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #9034 on: November 14, 2022, 06:14:42 AM »
My crypto bottom call was wrong so it means all my other crypto numbers will also be wrong and my assumptions on dominance will be wrong.

I waited almost 8 months for that entry from mid 50s down to 17.5k. Onto the next target now which is sub 8k.

Sub 8k would be awesome.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9035 on: November 14, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »
From what I gather, these FTX guys are going to do some serious time. Apparently they used the deposits from the trading exchange to prop up their failing hedge fund. That’s fraud. They’ll probably be made an example.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #9036 on: November 14, 2022, 11:07:31 AM »

I'm hoping to scale up my landscaping business by starting a vegan restaurant with the lawn trimmings

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9037 on: November 14, 2022, 01:54:06 PM »
It’s amazing. For all the endless blathering about what the market is gonna do, it has gone a grand total of nowhere in the last six months.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9038 on: November 15, 2022, 12:51:04 AM »
Do you follow Grant Cardone?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9039 on: November 15, 2022, 05:35:23 AM »
This guy was portrayed as a Bohemian but in reality he had like 200m of property in the Bahamas.

Sam Bankman-Fried’s $40m Bahamas penthouse reportedly up for sale | Cryptocurrencies | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2022/nov/14/sam-bankman-fried-bahamas-penthouse-ftx-crypto

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9040 on: November 15, 2022, 08:12:20 AM »
From what I gather, these FTX guys are going to do some serious time. Apparently they used the deposits from the trading exchange to prop up their failing hedge fund. That’s fraud. They’ll probably be made an example.

SamBF was running a good old fashioned ponzi on top of another ponzi crypto. He took advantage of the high risk, unregulated and speculative nature of the crypto space.

It's also very much worth pointing that crypto as an asset class wasn't what failed here. The SBF/FTX drama actually shows why centralized platforms are not ideal. The original thesis for crypto is decentralization. If FTX was a decentralized platform then the rug pull would not have been possible.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9041 on: November 15, 2022, 08:27:48 AM »

SamBF was running a good old fashioned ponzi on top of another ponzi crypto. He took advantage of the high risk, unregulated and speculative nature of the crypto space.

It's also very much worth pointing that crypto as an asset class wasn't what failed here. The SBF/FTX drama actually shows why centralized platforms are not ideal. The original thesis for crypto is decentralization. If FTX was a decentralized platform then the rug pull would not have been possible.

It was bad risk management. Was too levered up. Then got into a hole. Overtraded to get out of it and got in deeper.

Good podcast on the subject. Apparently all the money he was donating to the Democrats was to ram legislation through to fuck his decentralized competitors.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9042 on: November 15, 2022, 09:35:15 AM »
It was bad risk management. Was too levered up. Then got into a hole. Overtraded to get out of it and got in deeper.

Good podcast on the subject. Apparently all the money he was donating to the Democrats was to ram legislation through to fuck his decentralized competitors.

I spent a few days unravelling this during/after it happened and a bunch of fluff pieces on him are now doing the rounds. I'm not sure which way the podcast is portraying it, but these are the facts.

He stole customer deposits from his exchange which is meant to hold 1:1 deposits to reserves to front run, price manipulate and gamble with on his trading platform. Even if he didn't get into a hole trading he was committing fraud and the exchange was never holding 1:1

He also used his FTX token to "print money". Offered 15% rewards for staking to pump and fake its valuation to use as collateral to get loans.

This wasn't a bad risk management issue. It was a straight up ponzi fraud which had a backdoor built in to it from day 1 to circumvent compliance and steal customer funds.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9043 on: November 15, 2022, 11:13:02 AM »
I spent a few days unravelling this during/after it happened and a bunch of fluff pieces on him are now doing the rounds. I'm not sure which way the podcast is portraying it, but these are the facts.

He stole customer deposits from his exchange which is meant to hold 1:1 deposits to reserves to front run, price manipulate and gamble with on his trading platform. Even if he didn't get into a hole trading he was committing fraud and the exchange was never holding 1:1

He also used his FTX token to "print money". Offered 15% rewards for staking to pump and fake its valuation to use as collateral to get loans.

This wasn't a bad risk management issue. It was a straight up ponzi fraud which had a backdoor built in to it from day 1 to circumvent compliance and steal customer funds.

Didn’t know about this. Apparently, his compliance head was involved in an online poker fraud scheme where they could see players hole cards. Those companies were based in the Bahamas too. Guys probably just moved from online poker to crypto.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9044 on: November 15, 2022, 11:36:38 AM »
Didn’t know about this. Apparently, his compliance head was involved in an online poker fraud scheme where they could see players hole cards. Those companies were based in the Bahamas too. Guys probably just moved from online poker to crypto.

There are people who think Sam and the other young faces involved must have had handlers to pull this off.

Also after FTX filed for bankruptcy a "hacker" stole some of the remaining crypto assets, $200 million+

It was done at such speed and in a clinical way that only someone with knowledge of the internal system could pull off. They also spread malware across the app and site and wiped some databases.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9045 on: November 15, 2022, 05:26:32 PM »
CoinSpot and KuCoin apparently up next.

I have an account on Coinspot from 2021, it’s shit, total lack of liquidity. I had 60k across a bunch of alts of which I had 15k profit. By the time I sold I was at break even lol. Even 3k sell moved the damn price. On the main exchange I can move 500k in 30 seconds with barely a whiff of movement.

Anyhoo I received an email from them yesterday asking for me to verify my identity. Naughty people had no KYC when they were supposed to back in 2021 and only now catching up to it. Likely means they are looking to cover asses. A second email from them came through minutes later saying how easy it was for me to transfer my crypto coins onto their exchange……

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9046 on: November 15, 2022, 11:16:53 PM »

Sub 8k, I don't think so. Maybe if binance went down but I'd assign less than 10% chance. The contagion will probably spread to smaller players but none that effected that market quite like luna and 3ac. That wiped 10k off the price.

Who are the players to go down to wife another 8-10k? Genesis  trading, binance, tether?

If 15-16k is the bottom and the industry as a whole benefits from this then next bull run  target might surpass  your 96k prediction.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9047 on: November 16, 2022, 12:12:54 AM »

Sub 8k, I don't think so. Maybe if binance went down but I'd assign less than 10% chance. The contagion will probably spread to smaller players but none that effected that market quite like luna and 3ac. That wiped 10k off the price.

Who are the players to go down to wife another 8-10k? Genesis  trading, binance, tether?

If 15-16k is the bottom and the industry as a whole benefits from this then next bull run  target might surpass  your 96k prediction.

Blockfi now gonesk, just emailed clients they’ve frozen everything. No liquidation yet from them so that will happen shortly.

CoinSpot is on the edge aswell. Kucoin also in trouble.

Saylor gets his next margin call at 13.5k and he keeps posting collateral NOT paying cash for calls which means he can’t close his position.

At 15.5k plebs were buying alts meanwhile Big money was running away from a 8.5k price……

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9048 on: November 16, 2022, 02:17:15 AM »
Speaking of targets, the 3AC guys were the first degenerates and said the exchange leaked their trades and stops so they got hunted down and belted.

So there is some background fighting going on. Saylor definitely has a huge target on his back so it isn’t all that crazy to think his stops will be run or he has death by a thousand paper cuts. Each day below 31k he is underwater and carrying 1B debt @ 6% of which his business doesn’t have the cash to cover.

Saylor thinks BTC skyrockets but perhaps the next top is 48k 👀

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9049 on: November 16, 2022, 04:10:47 AM »

bitcoin is literally one of the best investments in the last ten years, i believe it is factually the best in terms of ROI. You mean this current downtrend?