Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 51171 times)

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
  • I'm like a retard minus the strength
Carnivore Diet
« on: March 11, 2022, 07:30:14 PM »
Anyone try this? I put on some winter weight and need to cut a little. I just don’t have the discipline to count calories. So, I’m considering the carnivore diet. It seems simple enough. Thoughts?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 07:37:04 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 07:42:32 PM »

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 08:57:52 PM »
Eat a balanced diet and go to bed hungry. You'll lose weight without creating dietary imbalances or counting calories.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 09:36:32 PM »
Why not? It's a healthy diet, especially good for longevity

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 11:16:42 PM »
I've been on it for 4 months, doing just steak and eggs, and raw milk, feel incredible,  takes a few weeks to adjust, but it's definitely a great diet. Zero bloat, zero joint issues, mental clarity, great energy, great sleep, great recovery. I have to say Vince Gironda was way ahead of his time, he was doing this in the 60s. He recommended a carb refeed, but I don't. I highly recommend this diet, when you look into what plants do to us its disturbing. If I ever go back into eating carbs it will only be in the form of fruit and honey.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 12:22:01 AM »
Loved it but don't have the discipline to go 100% at the moment. All the stuff The keto kid said plus my turds were fenomenal and I barely needed to wipe.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 03:54:25 AM »

That doctor sounds very reasonable and knowledgeable but I couldn’t watch past 5 mins becuase that chick was too annoying.

RJ DRIVER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 03:56:57 AM »
I've been on it for 4 months, doing just steak and eggs, and raw milk, feel incredible,  takes a few weeks to adjust, but it's definitely a great diet. Zero bloat, zero joint issues, mental clarity, great energy, great sleep, great recovery. I have to say Vince Gironda was way ahead of his time, he was doing this in the 60s. He recommended a carb refeed, but I don't. I highly recommend this diet, when you look into what plants do to us its disturbing. If I ever go back into eating carbs it will only be in the form of fruit and honey.
Sounds great and thanks for the info!Do you experience the same gastrointestinal “success” as kreator?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2022, 04:13:09 AM »
I did it for a while
meat eggs dairy

Problem is it fucks a bit with your social life

I now eat 3 ribeye steaks and 200gs rice a day Monday to Friday then eat socially at weekends
I maintain my weight on that
I havent bought a vegetable for over 2 years, fruit neither

And Op is right about plants harming us, go look up Oxalates.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2022, 04:16:50 AM »
That doctor sounds very reasonable and knowledgeable but I couldn’t watch past 5 mins becuase that chick was too annoying.

LOL...she can be.

She has been eating strict carnivore for 12 years at her MD's recommendation, eating mostly beef, no organ meat, and drinking mostly water.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2022, 05:05:51 AM »
I have been on a strict, very meat heavy ketogenic diet consistently for almost three years.  About half that time I have been almost 100% carnivore.

I still drink an occasional cup of decaf coffee with heavy cream and sugar substitute, occasionally add very low carb condiments (ketchup, mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce, salsa, apple cider vinegar) to my food, and occasionally enjoy sugar free Jell-O with sugar free whipping cream, or keto treats made with almond or coconut flower and sugar substitutes.

My goal is to gradually give up the above and go 100% carnivore eventually.

I drink mostly water, distilled flat water and purified seltzer water.  I don't drink alcohol.

I eat mostly ribeye steaks, ground beef, burger patties from the grocery store or fast food, bacon, pulled pork, pork rinds, beef brisket, air fried chicken thighs, chicken wings fried in beef tallow (Buffalo Wild Wings), whole eggs, very low carb cheese, butter, bacon grease, heavy whipping cream, shrimp, crab meat, and salmon.

There are plenty of other animal-based foods that I can eat, but the above are the ones that I really enjoy.  My key to sustaining this way of eating is to never eat anything I don't enjoy, and to keep it simple, convenient, and delicious.  I don't eat organ meats.

I don't count calories, don't calculate macros, don't measure ketones or glucose, don't care if my food is organic or grass-fed grass-finished.  I just keep it as simple and as convenient as possible.

My favorite restaurants now are Burger King and any Brazilian steakhouse.  I rarely eat out anymore.

Just in case, I have been taking Magnesium Glycinate and vitamins C, D, E (gamma), and an occasional LMNT electrolytes (Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Malate) pocket in my water.  I may not need these and probably will stop using them eventually.

I've effortlessly lost over 20 lbs, energy and mental clarity are through the roof, digestion and bowel movements are better than ever.  I resolved allergies, skin tags (a symptom of insulin resistance) and other skin conditions, chronic joint and back pain, non-alcoholic fatty liver, high blood pressure, and acid reflux.  My triglycerides dropped and continue to improve, while my HDL increased and continues to improve.  I've never had the flu, never had COVID-19, and have only had one mild cold since starting this way of eating.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 05:18:26 AM »
I have been eating low carb for a year.  I won't say it's keto as I don't know if I'm in ketosis or not but I doubt it.

The downside is you get tired of eating the same basic stuff.

Foods I eat:

Meat, fish
Eggs (about 7 eggs a day)
Cheese
Sour cream
Salad
Radishes
Celery
Coffee with Half 'n Half
Heavy cream
Nuts (mostly peanuts)
Olive oil
Butter
Mayonnaise
Stevia
Unsweetened cocoa powder
100% peanuts peanut butter
Green vegetables like broccoli
Ranch dressing

What I do not eat:
Starches
Flour products
Sugar

Typical day:

Meal 1 - 4 eggs and bacon or piece of meat
Meal 2 - Shake made of 3 raw eggs, 2 tbls olive oil, 4 tbls heavy cream, 1 tsp Stevia, 2 tbls unsweetend cocoa powder, 2 tbls peanut butter
Meal 3 - Meat and salad and/or green vegetable
Snack - 1/4 to 1/2 cup peanuts/nuts
3-4 mugs coffee with Half 'n Half

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2022, 05:28:48 AM »
Anyone try this? I put on some winter weight and need to cut a little. I just don’t have the discipline to count calories. So, I’m considering the carnivore diet. It seems simple enough. Thoughts?

Probably just eating less would work.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2022, 05:38:18 AM »
There have been reports of Ancient Greek Athletes living entirely on diets of dried figs. The athletes started eating more meat and doing better. But the point is there have been Fad diets around for thousands of years. What works best is a diversified diet if you want to get lean eat less if you want to gain weight eat more but eat a little bit of everything.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 05:39:04 AM »
Eat a balanced diet and go to bed hungry. You'll lose weight without creating dietary imbalances or counting calories.

Exactly

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2022, 08:43:24 AM »
Sounds great and thanks for the info!Do you experience the same gastrointestinal “success” as kreator?
absolutely, i had acid reflux and in 2 weeks it was completely gone. Any little nagging injury also gone. The bodybuilding diet of this current time is absolutely horrible for various reasons, the guys in the 60s and 70s were doing it right, like I said Vince Gironda was a genius, he preached this all along. And 2 super foods are beef liver and raw milk, Vince preached liver tablets and lots of full fat dairy/heavy cream, these work wonders.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2022, 08:56:02 AM »

Yeah Dr. Chaffee knows his shit, he's been carnivore 10 years, professional rugby player, maintains a great physique all on red meat.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2022, 09:09:13 AM »
Any diet with portion control works. This ain't rocket science, lol

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2022, 09:24:02 AM »
absolutely, i had acid reflux and in 2 weeks it was completely gone. Any little nagging injury also gone. The bodybuilding diet of this current time is absolutely horrible for various reasons, the guys in the 60s and 70s were doing it right, like I said Vince Gironda was a genius, he preached this all along. And 2 super foods are beef liver and raw milk, Vince preached liver tablets and lots of full fat dairy/heavy cream, these work wonders.

The guys in the 60's and 70's all died of heart attacks or have had multiple life saving heart procedures as well..

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 09:28:01 AM »
SALADino gonna SALADino

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2022, 09:30:50 AM »
Any diet with portion control works. This ain't rocket science, lol
nobody controls portions on this diet, you have to eat until satisfied, most people who follow this diet eat 1 large meal or 2 a day, like Dr. Shawn Baker or Dr. Anthony Chaffee, usually between 2-6 pounds of beef are what people typically eat, and Serge Nubret had it right, he ate 1 large meal of 6 pounds of meat, it was horse meat then he eventually transitioned to beef. This isn't about bodybuilding, people are healing themselves of crohns,  ibs, Colitis, autoimmune diseases, arthritis, Gerd, it goes on and on.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2022, 09:32:08 AM »
The guys in the 60's and 70's all died of heart attacks or have had multiple life saving heart procedures as well..
lol, they stopped eating this way once they stopped bodybuilding, and they're dying in their 20s now

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2022, 09:33:12 AM »

I swear by this stuff

You can find it wayyyyy cheaper than tablets

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2022, 09:35:29 AM »
I swear by this stuff

You can find it wayyyyy cheaper than tablets
get real liver if you can, do an ounce a day, it's like taking a super multi vitamin