Author Topic: Second Strongman Comp Results  (Read 1553 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Second Strongman Comp Results
« on: July 22, 2007, 05:15:19 PM »
Well, I did well considering I havent touched but two of the implements before. There ended up being only 2 HW competitors (me and some enormous dude). Brian Shaw was there and he put a couple little demos on after the heavies went, just to round it out a little. I got 2nd (aka last)  :P. The guy I was competing with has been in strongman comps for 4+ years he said and I kept up most of the way. I got 11 reps with 275 overhead and he BARELY squeezed out 12 (damn!), I got 3 stones on stagered platforms and he did one, I went 170+ feet with a 600lb conans and he went 180+, beat me by <2secs in the truck drag, and finally he won the flip/carry by 10 secs because I stopped to catch my breath due to my TERRIBLE CARDIO CONDITION!!! So I feel I did well for only have been competing for 6 weeks now. I also got the invite to Nationals so Im going to do it! I may get schooled but I want to get to the big show. Three months of cardio ahead, should be fun.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Second Strongman Comp Results
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 05:35:32 AM »
Well, I did well considering I havent touched but two of the implements before. There ended up being only 2 HW competitors (me and some enormous dude). Brian Shaw was there and he put a couple little demos on after the heavies went, just to round it out a little. I got 2nd (aka last)  :P. The guy I was competing with has been in strongman comps for 4+ years he said and I kept up most of the way. I got 11 reps with 275 overhead and he BARELY squeezed out 12 (damn!), I got 3 stones on stagered platforms and he did one, I went 170+ feet with a 600lb conans and he went 180+, beat me by <2secs in the truck drag, and finally he won the flip/carry by 10 secs because I stopped to catch my breath due to my TERRIBLE CARDIO CONDITION!!! So I feel I did well for only have been competing for 6 weeks now. I also got the invite to Nationals so Im going to do it! I may get schooled but I want to get to the big show. Three months of cardio ahead, should be fun.

The fact you competed is so badass! I'd LOVE to do a strongman comp even though I'm tailored for the gym, to me they just look like fun! PICS?! Didn't take you too long to jump into your second one! Looks like you're in it for good. ;) Congrats on the 2nd anyway.

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:32:07 PM »
Thanks! I have vids but havent YouTube'd them yet. I am definately in it now. I will do one more before nationals. Not sure where?

It is definately the most fun I have ever had and all the people in the sport are great! I suggest trying one in the novice division even if you havent done event training. Its a great learning experience. Who knows, you may just add strongman training to your weekly workouts?

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 06:11:24 AM »
Thanks! I have vids but havent YouTube'd them yet. I am definately in it now. I will do one more before nationals. Not sure where?

It is definately the most fun I have ever had and all the people in the sport are great! I suggest trying one in the novice division even if you havent done event training. Its a great learning experience. Who knows, you may just add strongman training to your weekly workouts?

Something about that kind of training just looks like FUN! Put up some linkage when you get it on youtube bro I'd LOVE to see some of that action!