Author Topic: Dead vs Squat suit  (Read 1536 times)

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
Dead vs Squat suit
« on: February 15, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
I have heard of and seen many people who use their squat suit for DL's but none of the other way around. Is a DL suit no good for squatting? They are both supposed to give support and rebound in about the same area so why not?

Anyone ever try this?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: Dead vs Squat suit
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 05:55:56 AM »
I have heard of and seen many people who use their squat suit for DL's but none of the other way around. Is a DL suit no good for squatting? They are both supposed to give support and rebound in about the same area so why not?

Anyone ever try this?
squat suits generally offer more hip stability while the deadlift suit traditionally is more of a tight fit over the shoulders and with a stretchy fabric to allow the lifter to use the stretch out of the start.

Some lifters however goes for hip stability in the deadlift too and give up some tightness around the shoulders. Then a squat suit can be a very good option.

As empty as paradise

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »
squat suits generally offer more hip stability while the deadlift suit traditionally is more of a tight fit over the shoulders and with a stretchy fabric to allow the lifter to use the stretch out of the start.

Some lifters however goes for hip stability in the deadlift too and give up some tightness around the shoulders. Then a squat suit can be a very good option.

Good news... I was in doubt of which one to buy... now I know... ;)
S

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 11:29:44 PM »
I squat in an single ply Inzer Hardcore or a TRX.   I've got a Hardcore deadlift suit that i like because of the stability it gives, but I feel like it doesn't do anything for my deadlift (I pull sumo in competition).    Playing around, it really seems like I pull better using my Hardcore squat suit with my stance, setup, and short assed arms.   I'm going to play around with the TRX.   I've got an Inzer Fusion, that seems likle it might be a very good suit---if I wasn't a SHW who pulled sumo and had really big legs.   The legs on that Fusion are the tightest of any piece of gear I've ever used.  That and getting to the bar is a bitch, even wiht the straps down.