Author Topic: Getting credit lines through banks  (Read 37718 times)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
Re: Getting credit lines through banks
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »
Clearly you have never heard of Dave Ramsey. 

Also the bible states the "borrower is slave to the lender."  Anyone would be wise to stay away from any and all debt. 

I have heard of him. I guess if you were born into very large sums of money, or are some sort of shut-in, or otherwise don't mind living like a pauper, then any and all debt is "evil".  ::)
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
Not really it just takes hard work and discipline.  Basically being able to put off gratification. 

Agreed, and it usually pays off in the end.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2009, 04:44:16 PM »
It is very well possible to start a business without ever being in debt.

"Caliber Fitness" incorporated in Fantasyland, USA perhaps?  ;D

Not all businesses started out needing to borrow (although a great many do). But you'd be pretty hard pressed to find very many "real" businesses that don't have (and use at one time or another) lines of credit. Just about any schmuck can put together $100-200 and "incorporate" and maybe make a few dollars a week or year while living in Mom's basement, but I'm not really talking about those "ballers".  
A

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2009, 04:52:25 PM »
"Caliber Fitness" incorporated in Fantasyland, USA perhaps?  ;D

Not all businesses started out needing to borrow (although a great many do). But you'd be pretty hard pressed to find very many "real" businesses that don't have (and use at one time or another) lines of credit. Just about any schmuck can put together $100-200 and "incorporate" and maybe make a few dollars a week or year while living in Mom's basement, but I'm not really talking about those "ballers".  

Me neither. I'm talking from experience. Takes a few years longer but in the end, it's your company and not someone else's.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »
avoid debt at all cost, there are very few occasions where it really makes sense

when I bought my house I was offered a line of credit, I took it, but thought I would never use it.

boy was I wrong. it was a lifesaver.

when I bought my house, what I did not take into account was the fact that my bank account went from very high to almost nothing instantly (after a $27,000 downpayment that took me two years to save).

what that meant was that I basically had to live on my line of credit (as well as buy a bit a furnature) for the first few months..

with out that line of credit, I would have been fucked.

the interest is quite low too, which is good. its easy to pay back. just pay it back as much as you can each month.

bottom line is, if used correctly, they can save your ass sometimes.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »
when I bought my house I was offered a line of credit, I took it, but thought I would never use it.

boy was I wrong. it was a lifesaver.

when I bought my house, what I did not take into account was the fact that my bank account went from very high to almost nothing instantly (after a $27,000 downpayment that took me two years to save).

what that meant was that I basically had to live on my line of credit (as well as buy a bit a furnature) for the first few months..

with out that line of credit, I would have been fucked.

the interest is quite low too, which is good. its easy to pay back. just pay it back as much as you can each month.

bottom line is, if used correctly, they can save your ass sometimes.

as
X2 Credit Lines rule if you have a house.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2009, 05:05:08 PM »
Sure if real estate is involved, it can make sense.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2009, 05:11:22 PM »
Bay-

I am actually a model employee. Good with apartments. My reasoning for not paying the old debts (and this may be flawed) is that they are quite old. Most are 4 years old at this point and from what I know, even if I pay them off right now I still will not see an improvement in my score for 2-3 years so why bother? After 7 years I can request they drop off anyway.  Since my creditors only cared if i was alive because they stood to profit from me, I likewise should not give them the time of day unless I stand to gain as well correct? If you told me that paying these things off today will benefit me greatly in the next 30-90 days I might consider. As for personal debts you will not find one single person I owe money to. A creditor and family member are not the same, neither is being a competant and valuable employee. Your logic is flawed to correlate a low score with being a shady unsavory person whom you would not trust.

I think the statue of limitations in most states where a creditor can't legally hassle you anymore for unpaid debts is seven years...you are correct.

Let's do some math.

Since you have debt that's in collections ...your credit score is fucked right now and you can't even get a cell phone contract. In 2013, 3 years from now your debts will be written off. Then you're gonna have AT LEAST 3 more years of bad credit ... you won't get any car loan (except insane interest), mortgage, ...etc.

It's not like in 3 years when the debt collectors stop hassling you, your credit history will magically be cleared of your shitty repayment history. You have about 6 more years of living in the dog house, except if you buy everything with cash...which you obviously can not do because you have to borrow money.

You need to work with the debt collectors and figure out a payment plan ...you have to tell them that if you can afford $50/month...that's all they're getting.

Anyways, like a few people have already said, you reasoning is flawed because you're justifying and rationalizing your deliquency. You have to take responsibility for you actions man, no other way about it.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »
I think the statue of limitations in most states where a creditor can't legally hassle you anymore for unpaid debts is seven years...you are correct.

Let's do some math.

Since you have debt that's in collections ...your credit score is fucked right now and you can't even get a cell phone contract. In 2013, 3 years from now your debts will be written off. Then you're gonna have AT LEAST 3 more years of bad credit ... you won't get any car loan (except insane interest), mortgage, ...etc.

It's not like in 3 years when the debt collectors stop hassling you, your credit history will magically be cleared of your shitty repayment history. You have about 6 more years of living in the dog house, except if you buy everything with cash...which you obviously can not do because you have to borrow money.

You need to work with the debt collectors and figure out a payment plan ...you have to tell them that if you can afford $50/month...that's all they're getting.

Anyways, like a few people have already said, you reasoning is flawed because you're justifying and rationalizing your deliquency. You have to take responsibility for you actions man, no other way about it.

This post makes sense. SO how about this idea- take out new lines of credit and use them to pay off old credit. That sounds logical- i get the benefit of better credit whilst taking care of old bills at the same time. <<< ? >>>

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2009, 05:58:58 PM »
Dude...nobody is gonna lend you a penny. Not until everything is paid off and then for atleast another 3 years of excellent repayment history.

Taking out new credit to pay for old is asinine and not feasible in your case.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2009, 06:04:12 PM »
People don't realize how debilitating life is with shitty credit. That is if you want to be a homeowner, have a decent car, any toys...etc.

To even get a goddamn hotel room or rental car you need a credit card (they won't take debit cards).
Only cell phone you can have is a prepaid one.

Even when you do graduate from school your credit history will still be shit...you won't be able to buy the things you want like a new car...etc.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »
This post makes sense. SO how about this idea- take out new lines of credit and use them to pay off old credit. That sounds logical- i get the benefit of better credit whilst taking care of old bills at the same time. <<< ? >>>
LOL. You don't have a clue, do you? 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »
LOL. You don't have a clue, do you? 

Sigh.  :'(

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
Anyone who is a connoisseur of fine men in thongs is a friend of mine.

great natural bodybuilder
L

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
Dude...nobody is gonna lend you a penny. Not until everything is paid off and then for atleast another 3 years of excellent repayment history.

Taking out new credit to pay for old is asinine and not feasible in your case.

I already have a card which is due to be bumped to $500 in jan or feb with almost a year of perfect history. I also have 1k handy to use to purchase a secured cc. I don't see why this is a bad idea that I came up with.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2009, 09:19:23 PM »
Hmm. Did you know that Germany is due to finish paying off their WW1 debts very soon? You pay your debts because they are debts you incurred. What part of that do you not understand!?

Fools cannot understand.  Bah!

This is the same guy who wrote that he had "morals."

Apparently his morals do not require him to pay his debts.  ::)

Bah ha ha ha ha Bay owned him out of existence!  He won't recover!  Doom is amused!

I already have a card which is due to be bumped to $500 in jan or feb with almost a year of perfect history. I also have 1k handy to use to purchase a secured cc. I don't see why this is a bad idea that I came up with.

It is a bad idea because you came up with it.  Now do you see?  But no. I would be a fool to think you (with your 600 credit IQ score) might understand what only Doom can know.  Bah!

Doom disapproves.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:38 AM »

::)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »
There's almost no difference between a paid vs. unpaid charge-off in terms of credit scoring. A lot of places will not issue mortgages to people with unpaid or written off debt, though. Depending upon who the money is owed researching "Pay for delete" letters may be of some benefit. There are companies, like American express, who never sell debts and it's impossible to negotiate with them unless you're offered entry into their OASIS program.

There's a lot of information out there about credit repair but most of it is either wrong or useless. Creditboards dot com is a great place to learn about shit like that. Their general forums is pretty much a support group for fat, man-hating, soccer moms and should be avoided.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
I love these "broke" college students. If you can't afford, then don't buy it. No debt and no problem. You learn this stuff in 1st grade, if you borrow something give it back.
Most people that go to a "Real" college get students loans. ::)
A

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2010, 12:27:37 PM »
Ok so my score is about 600 right now. Have some stuff in collections which I doubt i will pay (its all pretty old). I have 1-2k i can afford to use for these credit cards. Advice? I currently have one cc with (dont laugh) a $300 limit which I have totally paid off. I wanted to buy a new car, but I'm not sure what to do really.

Advice?... don't buy a new car... ever.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
line of credits can be good because the interest is typically very low.

much lower than a credit card.

the danger is that the bank can jack up your interest at any time.

so if your minimum payment is say $200 on a $6000 debit and you are paying it each month you ar fine.

but if they raise your interest and all of a sudden your min. payment becomes $400 and you can't pay it, you are in trouble.

use them for emergencies only and pay down as quickly as you can.
Flower Boy Ran Away

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »
Moves to Garnish Pay Rise as More Debtors Fall Behind
By JOHN COLLINS RUDOLF

PHOENIX — When the bank sued Leann Weaver for not paying her credit card balance, her reaction was typical for someone in that situation. Personal and financial setbacks weighed her down, and she knew she owed the $2,470. So she never went to court to defend herself.

She was startled by what happened next. When she swiped her debit card at the grocery store, it was declined. It turned out Capital One Bank had taken $224.25 from her paycheck, a quarter of her wages for two weeks of work at a retail chain, and her bank account was overdrawn.

“They’re kicking somebody who’s already in the dirt,” she said.

One of the worst economic downturns of modern history has produced a big increase in the number of delinquent borrowers, and creditors are suing them by the millions. Concern is mounting in government and among consumer advocates that the debtors are not always getting a fair shake in these cases.

Most consumers never offer a defense, and creditors win their lawsuits without having to offer proof of the debts, much less justify to a judge the huge interest charges and penalties they often tack on.

After winning, creditors can secure a court order to seize part of the debtor’s paycheck or the funds in a bank account, a procedure called garnishment. No national statistics are kept, but the pay seizures are rising fast in some areas — up 121 percent in the Phoenix area since 2005, and 55 percent in the Atlanta area since 2004. In Cleveland, garnishments jumped 30 percent between 2008 and 2009 alone.

Debt collectors say they are being forced into the action by combative debtors who dodge attempts to settle. “I think there’s a lack of accountability among debtors, and a lack of interest in reaching out to their creditors to resolve things amicably,” said Fred N. Blitt, president of the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys.

Bankruptcy can clear away most debts. Yet sweeping changes to federal law in 2005 — pushed by the banking lobby — complicated that process and more than doubled the average cost of filing, to more than $2,000. Many low-income debtors must save for months before they can afford to go broke.

In some states, courts allow creditors to charge high interest rates for years after a lawsuit is decided in their favor. In others, creditors can win lawsuits by default and seize wages and bank accounts without a case ever appearing before a judge.

Lack of participation is the most fundamental problem. Some consumers do not even know they are being sued; the people who are supposed to serve them with formal notice have sometimes been caught skipping that step and doctoring the paperwork.

In far more cases, consumers are served but still do not offer a defense. Few can afford lawyers; others are intimidated or confused. In their absence, judges can offer little relief.

In the rare event that a consumer battles back, creditors frequently lack the documentation to prove their claim, and cases are dropped. That is because many past-due debts are owned not by the banks that issued them, but by debt collectors who bought, for cents on the dollar, a list of names and amounts due.

“If the consumers were armed with more education about how to defend against these debts, they’d be successful,” said Jeffrey Lipman, a civil magistrate in Des Moines.

The case of Sidney Jones shows how punishing the system can be. In January 2001, Mr. Jones, 45, a maintenance worker from California Crossroads, Va., took out a $4,097 personal loan from Beneficial Virginia, a subprime lender now owned by HSBC, the big bank.

He fell behind, and Beneficial sued. Mr. Jones did not appear in court. “I just thought they were going to take what I owed,” he said.

By default, Beneficial won a judgment of $4,750, plus $900 in lawyers’ fees, with the debt accruing interest at 27.55 percent until paid in full. The bank started garnishing his wages in March 2003.

Over the next six years, the bank deducted more than $10,000 from Mr. Jones’s paychecks, but he made little headway on his debt. According to a court order secured by Beneficial’s lawyers last spring, he still owed the company $3,965, a sum nearly equal to the original loan amount.

Mr. Jones, who did not graduate from high school, was baffled. “Where did all this money go that I paid them?” he said.

Dale Pittman, a consumer law lawyer in Petersburg, Va. , took Mr. Jones’s case without charge, and found that all but $134 of his payments had gone toward interest, fees and court costs. “It’s a perfectly legal result under Virginia law,” Mr. Pittman said.

HSBC said it ceased collection shortly after Mr. Pittman took the case, but declined further comment. “We are confident we are treating our customers fairly and with integrity,” Kate Durham, a spokeswoman for HSBC North America, said in an e-mail message.

The rare debtors who press their claims, and catch a sympathetic judge, have a shot at a result more to their liking.

Ruth M. Owens, a disabled Cleveland woman, was sued by Discover Bank in 2004 for an unpaid credit card. Ms. Owens offered a defense, sending a handwritten note to the court.

“After paying my monthly utilities, there is no money left except a little food money and sometimes it isn’t enough,” she wrote.

Robert Triozzi, a judge at the time, heard the case. He found that over a period of several years, Ms. Owens had paid nearly $3,500 on an original balance of $1,900. But Discover was suing her for $5,564, mostly for late fees, compound interest, penalties and other charges. He called Discover’s actions “unconscionable” and threw the case out.

Discover defended its actions. “This account was placed with an attorney only after all other efforts to reach the card member were exhausted,” Matthew Towson, a bank spokesman, said in an e-mail message.

Going to court is no guarantee of victory, of course. Consumers who do go are sometimes intercepted by collection lawyers, who press them to sign papers settling without a trial. These settlements may be against the interests of debtors, but they sign anyway.

“We’re signing off on a lot of settlement agreements where we shake our heads and ask, ‘Why is this person settling to this?’ ” Judge Lipman said.

For the working poor, losing a lawsuit can mean disaster. A 1968 federal law exempts 75 percent of a worker’s wages, or 30 times the minimum wage per week, from being taken in garnishment — whichever is less. But increases in the minimum wage have failed to keep up with inflation. As federal law stands now, just $217.50 a week is exempt from seizure. (A few states set higher cutoffs.)

The working poor “have difficulties maintaining payments on life’s necessities with their full paycheck,” said Angela Riccetti, a lawyer with Atlanta Legal Aid who represents indigent clients whose wages are being garnished. “You lose 25 percent of it and everything folds.”

For Leann Weaver, the woman at the grocery store, Capital One’s lawsuit made a bad situation worse. After being evicted from her apartment, she moved in with her grandparents. Without them, she might have ended up on the street or in a shelter, she said.

Capital One declined to comment on Ms. Weaver’s case. “We encourage anyone facing difficulties meeting their financial obligations to contact us right away,” Tatiana Stead, a bank spokeswoman, said in an e-mail message.

Ms. Weaver said she repeatedly asked Capital One for more time to pay her $2,470 debt, but last year the bank filed suit. She failed to show up in court, and a judgment was entered against her, swollen by $1,800 in interest and lawyers’ fees. Then the garnishment began, almost $500 a month, or a quarter of her pay.

“I can’t even look at my paychecks any more,” she said.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 12:33:27 PM »
15 Times When You Shouldn't Use Your Credit Card
by Marcia Frellick

There are plenty of reasons to use a credit card — convenience, accountability and safety among them — but when is it better just to step away from the swiper?

There are many out there who would say that there's never a good time to use a credit card, and that cash, debit or anything else would be a better choice. While forgoing credit for good may or may not be realistic, there are some times when it is best to just leave the card in your wallet or purse. Here are some times when you should never use your card:

1. After midnight. Paraphrasing Eric Clapton, after midnight tends to be when people let it all hang out — even financially. "After midnight is the time you get into more trouble rather than making a sound financial decision. If you're at a club or casino, just go home," says Michael McAuliffe, president of Family Credit Management in Chicago. Put the card away and take another look in the morning.

2. When you're near your credit limit. "You don't want to be even within a couple hundred of your limit or your credit score will go down," says Mary Ellen Nicol, counselor with CredAbility in Atlanta. If you're getting too close to your credit limit, ask your credit card company to raise your limit, switch to a card with a lower balance or find another way to pay.

3. When considering an extended warranty at the car dealership. You can probably get a better deal if you roll the warranty cost into the car loan. Even though you may have a slightly higher monthly car payment that way, wrapping it into a secured loan likely still beats paying high interest for it on your credit card, says David Johnson, bankruptcy counseling director at ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions in Los Angeles.

5. If you're paying off one card with another, and it's a habit: "If you're swapping your debt every six months, that's going to show up on your credit report," Bowne says. If it's a one-time thing, consider whether the offer is too good to be true. "Transfer fees have gone up at least a percent on average in the last year," Bowne says. "We're talking about 4 percent of your debt you're going to pay up front just to transfer the debt." Be clear on the rate you will pay after the promotional rate ends. It could be higher than the rate you're trying to escape from, she warns.

6. At a flea market: "It used to be that you always had to have a wad of cash. Now, through the magic of technology, some guy selling rickety, old wagon wheels can take your credit card," Williams says. This is the kind of purchase where convenience doesn't outweigh the risk, she says. Bring the cash.

7. If you think you're building your credit history: David Beddoe, counselor with American Financial Solutions in Seattle, says he hears that a lot. While your credit score goes up if you pay off the purchases you make, putting items on a credit card without paying them off will have the opposite effect on your score, he says.

8. If you can't pay for half of the purchase with cash on hand: Say you need new tires, Nicol says. If you don't have half the money right now to pay for the repairs, wait until you do. Then charge the purchase, pay off half right away and make a plan to pay the rest in one to two months. In the case of tires, you probably knew you needed them months ago and that would have been the time to plan ahead for the expense, she says. Check out public transportation or reduce your driving and save until you can afford at least half.

9. When it's all about the rewards points: Rewards points "should be nowhere in the equation for making that decision or not making it," says Michael McAuliffe, president of Family Credit Management in Chicago. "Base your decision on the merits of the purchase." Otherwise, you will tend to overspend. If you want to finance a vacation, skip the coffee or dessert or find cheaper parking and put away $5 a day for a year, he says.

10. When you think prices may drop: "For many things in our society, we're starting to see deflation. If you think it's going to cost less in three months, why start paying interest on it today?" McAuliffe says.

11. To buy something from a website with an obscure foreign extension: Don't charge online if you don't know who you are dealing with, says Catherine Williams, vice president of financial literacy for Money Management International. "While you always have protection under the Fair Credit Billing Act, the damage that can be done during that 30 days (until you see it on your bill) is just crazy." Study the website -- watch for suspicious wording — to make sure it is legitimate.

12. If you don't have a plan for paying it off: "We always recommend paying a purchase off in no more than three months. Without a game plan, you're playing credit card roulette. That's when people get into trouble," says Kathy Virgallito, a regional director for Apprisen Financial advocates.

13. If you're charging things that you used to pay cash for: That's a red flag that you're getting overextended, Virgallito says. You need to review your credit card statements and identify where the budget issues are. If you're suddenly having more car repairs or travel expenses to visit a sick relative, you may need to create a specific savings account for those things rather than relying on credit, she says.

14. When you feel that you'll save money by purchasing something you want rather than need. Beddoe gives the example of someone saying, "If I buy this 60-inch TV right now, I can save $200 on it." If you never planned to get that TV in the first place, it's hardly a savings, says Beddoe.

15. When the temptation for a big impulse buy strikes: "We instituted the 24-hour rule at our house," Williams says. "Anything over a certain dollar amount that isn't food, we have to wait 24 hours to buy. Had we not observed that ...I would have a fire engine red wicker chair. It would have been so cute on the Fourth of July for about 20 minutes."

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »
^^^BAD CREDIT *BUMP*   

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
America's Worst Credit Card
by Consumer Reports

Some of the highest-fee cards are aimed at people with a poor or limited credit history. The two below are particularly fee-laden.

Worst: First Premier Bank Mastercard
This card made our list of the worst cards two years ago, and it doesn't look like it has improved. In 2007, First Premier signed a $4.6 million settlement with the New York Attorney General's office over the card's deceptive marketing practices. First Premier's card now advertises a $25 to $95 processing charge (which fluctuates by the minute, depending on when you click on the card's website).

What's worse is that when you drill deeper into the fine print, you'll find a $75 annual fee and an APR of 23.9 percent to 59.9 percent on purchases and cash advances (again, depending on when you visit the site). So you could face a minimum of $100 or a maximum of $170 in fees in the first year for a card with only a $300 initial credit limit. Other fees include an $11 charge for expediting bill payment over the phone and a credit-limit increase fee equal to 50 percent of the increase. So for every $100 that First Premier increases your credit limit it charges you $50. Also, look out for copycats of this card. First Premier Bank markets very similar cards under the names Centennial and Aventium.

Runner-up: Platinum Zero Secured Visa from Applied Bank
The Platinum Zero's marketing trades off its name -- zero percent APR on purchases, zero application fee, zero annual fee. But the zero fees end about halfway through the terms and conditions with a $9.95 monthly "maintenance" fee that equates to $119.40 annually. If you're late paying your bill, you'll get hit with a fee of up to $35. And though the card claims to charge zero percent APR on purchases, the agreement states, "There is no grace period for the account. Interest charges accrue on purchases, cash advances and our charges beginning on the date the transaction occurs or on the first day of the billing cycle in which the transaction is received by us or, at our option, the date the transaction is posted to your account."

What to Do
If you want to repair or to build your credit history, a better option is the Citi Secured Mastercard. That card has a $29 annual fee, but the $200 to $5,000 that you deposit (and that sets your credit limit initially) goes into an 18-month CD, currently earning 4.07 percent. After 18 months, you become eligible for an unsecured Citi card. Also, consider the Orchard Bank Secured Mastercard, which waives its $35 annual fee in the first year and has a 7.9 percent APR.