Author Topic: Remember when I said, "When you see a Ferrari at a used car dealership..."  (Read 2791 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
walk away, walk away quickly, And it was a metaphor for women? Well, Somebody posted this this about one, and what to do....walk away quickly....
http://www.autospies.com/news/WHO-On-Earth-Buys-A-Ferrari-From-A-Corner-Used-Car-Lot-And-If-You-Do-Is-It-A-100-Chance-You-ll-Get-Burned-56349/

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
walk away, walk away quickly, And it was a metaphor for women? Well, Somebody posted this this about one, and what to do....walk away quickly....
http://www.autospies.com/news/WHO-On-Earth-Buys-A-Ferrari-From-A-Corner-Used-Car-Lot-And-If-You-Do-Is-It-A-100-Chance-You-ll-Get-Burned-56349/

Probably missing the " 1 " before the 79.995 a 360 spyder used goes for more than that , it has a story apparently

Parker

• Getbig V
Probably missing the " 1 " before the 79.995 a 360 spyder used goes for more than that , it has a story apparently
a story I don't want to hear. A story I will not believe. If you stay and listen, that means you'll buy into the bs, like a telemarketer.

epic_alien

parker your never gonna drive one dude,

get the fuck over it

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Good link!

There's a shop near my place, called "Ultimate Garage" its not super flashy or or huge or anything, but its not linked to one make.  Dude specializes in unique/exotic.  Every week I see him having some new cars there, classi, ferriaris, testarossas, few 50's cars with the wings, Maseraties, classic jags, etc.

A better question is, would you buy a ferrari off of Ebay motors? :-D  There some damn good deals on there :-D

James Blunt

• Getbig IV

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael

get the fuck over it

Wow, what an asshole

Parker

• Getbig V

get the fuck over it
It ain't about that, gimmick. If you know what I've  stated before, then you'd get it.
But, you didn't catch the reference. Let me refresh your memory: I had said, "have you ever seen that dude with the new Ferrari and he drives the Hell out of it. And comes maintenance time or he wears it out he sells it. Well, the next guy sees a hot Ferrari. A girl with a lot mileage is like that. The next man sees a hot girl. When you see a Ferrari at a used car lot, walk away, quickly. Just like the girl with the baggage (mileage)."

by the way, it's a lot easier for one to get to drive a Ferrari, owning one is different.
Relax, and go wax your Corolla.

Parker

• Getbig V
Good link!

There's a shop near my place, called "Ultimate Garage" its not super flashy or or huge or anything, but its not linked to one make.  Dude specializes in unique/exotic.  Every week I see him having some new cars there, classi, ferriaris, testarossas, few 50's cars with the wings, Maseraties, classic jags, etc.

A better question is, would you buy a ferrari off of Ebay motors? :-D  There some damn good deals on there :-D
Is that the garage with the Muscle Cars and what not?

And eBay motors has good deals, as well as craigslist. Funny, you can find drug addicts on craigslist that will sell their bikes, cars, boats for DIRT cheap!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Is that the garage with the Muscle Cars and what not?

Yes, located in Rockville, MD.  Nice rides there!

Parker

• Getbig V
Yes, located in Rockville, MD.  Nice rides there!
Somebody told told me about it and showed me the website...when I lived down there I wanted to visit it.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
The nearest a buddy and I got to buy a Ferrari was more than 10 years ago.
700$ after an accident, so so condition.
The catch - car was found more than 2 weeks after the accident and the deceased driver suffered immense creatine bloat during this time... unbearable smell.

Parker

• Getbig V
The nearest a buddy and I got to buy a Ferrari was more than 10 years ago.
700$ after an accident, so so condition.
The catch - car was found more than 2 weeks after the accident and the deceased driver suffered immense creatine bloat during this time... unbearable smell.

0-60 Magazine got a wrecked 360 Modena and decided to fix it up as a track car...

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Nothing strange about it.  Ferraris are rather a common sight down here, most don't look at one twice unless its an Enzo.  Unless regularily drive it on an open road track or just an asshole with too much money to burn, from a pure performance aspect of things, it's an awful buy.  Used car dealers often sell Vipers, C6 Corvettes, Shelbys, I don't see anything different here.  Hell, numbers-matching or Pro Touring cars go for a lot more than that.

Still, 80 grand is a lot for that thing.  If you like the image, fine.  If you like the performance, you got ripped off.  For less that half that you could have a KB Or TT SVT Cobra, 454 LSx car, Viper, or Z06.

leadhead

• Getbig III

Still, 80 grand is a lot for that thing.  If you like the image, fine.  If you like the performance, you got ripped off.  For less that half that you could have a KB Or TT SVT Cobra, 454 LSx car, Viper, or Z06.

Agreed. I like American muscle and don't really get the allure of exotics

Parker

• Getbig V
Agreed. I like American muscle and don't really get the allure of exotics
So do I, but you have to give props that Ferrari put a 3.6 liter V8 that puts out over 400+ hp, yeah the torque figure is low, but at the time it was beating Vipers with more hp and torque.
It's a beautiful, but fragile car. Excellent interior, and that shape, some of PininFarina's best work.

The problem with American Muscle, bang for the buck. Americans like things cheap, and it shows. There ain't no reason why America's sports car can have worse seats than a M3 and smell like glue inside. There is no reason why the Viper's interior has shitty plastics. These cars cost more than some Audi's, used Ferrari's, used Lambos, but have shitty interiors. With those other cars you see where your money goes.

But that new Mustang 5.0, is the shit!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom

I know a shop that buys salvaged ferraris, porches etc...  The then order parts or get stolen ones and chop them and sell the cars at premiums.  Total scam

Parker

• Getbig V
I know a shop that buys salvaged ferraris, porches etc...  The then order parts or get stolen ones and chop them and sell the cars at premiums.  Total scam
A wise person checks Vin numbers or maintenance history. If there is a lapse in history, that should be a red flag. Most owners go straight to the Ferrari dealer for work. It's so strigent w/ Ferrari that if you add internals to the engine to boost, strengthen, or modify the car, it is no longer a Ferrari and it cannot wear the badge. It must have all Ferrari badges and names removed, and will nt be serviced by Ferrari.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
if i EVER turn into a car guy and have the $....i'll buy this..massaratti....not even sure if i spelled it right..  :-\

carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
if i EVER turn into a car guy and have the $....i'll buy this..massaratti....not even sure if i spelled it right..  :-\

I was coming off of 495 and was on 270 when I caught sight of a white Maserati GranTurismo (that car you have pictured, but it wasn't a convert), we both were in the the HOV lane and balling, I slowed down and got out of that lane, cause Police are usually runnig speed traps there, well sure enough,  there was a officer that had his radar trained on at least one of us, we both passed by the officer, it was a black guy in the car, we boh looked at each other and smiled and nodded our heads, and then he peeled off.

Beautiful car.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
I was coming off of 495 and was on 270 when I caught sight of a white Maserati GranTurismo (that car you have pictured, but it wasn't a convert), we both were in the the HOV lane and balling, I slowed down and got out of that lane, cause Police are usually runnig speed traps there, well sure enough,  there was a officer that had his radar trained on at least one of us, we both passed by the officer, it was a black guy in the car, we boh looked at each other and smiled and nodded our heads, and then he peeled off.

Beautiful car.

man i am SOOOOOOOOOO bribing you into coming with me car shopping when i want an expensive car...

you know a LOT....you know you might want to turn your love into $....go work for BMW or some big time car company and make $ man
carpe` vaginum!

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I WILL own one of these 4 someday, in that color, still can't decide which one i want though, but I think I have enough time lol....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
aspiring to own an expensive car = weak human being

aspiring to become Mr. Olympia = strong alpha male

Parker

• Getbig V
man i am SOOOOOOOOOO bribing you into coming with me car shopping when i want an expensive car...

you know a LOT....you know you might want to turn your love into $....go work for BMW or some big time car company and make $ man
Fair enough. I tried getting in contact with a exotic car dealer in Dubai, after a article I red in 0-60 magazine. No go, several times, I guess I need connections...
Dealerships want salesman, and most salesman today suck ass and try to hustle you. My thing is, If a person comes in the buy a 6 fig car exotic car, they are not looking for in and outs, if they have the money they will buy. I'm there man, I can't with selling Lexus, BMWs. Where people are looking for deals and the salespeople are looking to hustle...

Yeah Big Ach, that 360 is a beaut.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
I guess I need connections...

if i EVER come across the appropriate connection....i promise i shall PM u
carpe` vaginum!