Author Topic: Michael Vick signs with the Eagles!!  (Read 24011 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Michael Vick signs with the Eagles!!
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
Classic American attitude ::)

How about this American Attitude..

FUCK YOU

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »
How about this American Attitude..

FUCK YOU

haha, malcolm X bringing the pain!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
The Eagles have some serious speed at WR and have the potential for an explosive offense. Deshean, Maclin, Curtis at WR and McCoy will be a beast at RB.

It will be interesting to see how Andy Reid plans on utilizing him. He's no threat to take over the starting QB job over Mcnabb, though. But I wonder if he can still compete at the highest level. Being two years away from the NFL is detrimental at the QB poistion.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 01:57:51 PM »
Hey, upinthemguts.....what are your thoughts on Flacco vs. Smith?  Is there going to be any QB controversy?  I don't think so, but a friend of mine who is a huge Ravens fan says that "all the Ravens fans think so."

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2009, 02:10:23 PM »
Hey, upinthemguts.....what are your thoughts on Flacco vs. Smith?  Is there going to be any QB controversy?  I don't think so, but a friend of mine who is a huge Ravens fan says that "all the Ravens fans think so."

Absolutely no controversy whatsoever. The starting QB position is Flacco's unless he gets injured. Flacco has all the tools to be an excellent QB in this league. He has an absolute bazooka for a throwing arm. His downfield accuracy is also very good. He will be a monster in a couple of years if the Ravens can commit to giving him a downfield target who can stretch the field.

I like Troy's athletic ability. He's a got a strong arm but lacks ideal height. He needs to scramble outside of the pocket on roll-outs in order to see the whole field(there are rumors that he's shorter than 6 foot). However, Flacco is 6'6" and stands tall in the pocket. Flacco can also scramble to avoid the rush if needs to do. He ran for a 38 yeard touchdown in the opening game last season. He's got some wheels and is a good athlete.

Troy Smith is in the last year of his contract and last year as a Raven. He wants to start but I don't think he has what most NFL teams are looking for as a starting QB. He usually provides a spark on offense but only in a reserved, off the bench role. Defenses would have a tough time adjusting to his scrambling ability if he suddenly came into the game off the bench. But give any NFL opponent an entire week to gameplan a QB with Smith's attributes and he wouldn't be nearly as effective.

Flacco is the man in Baltimore. Unchallenged as the starter.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »
Absolutely no controversy whatsoever. The starting QB position is Flacco's. This guy has all the tools to be an excellent QB in this league. Flacco has an absolute bazooka for a throwing arm. His downfield accuracy is very good as well.

I like Troy's athletic ability. He's a got a strong arm, too but lacks ideal height. He needs to scramble outside of the pocket on roll-outs in order to see the whole field. Flacco is 6'6" and stands tall in the pocket.

Smith is in the last year of his contract and last year as a Raven. I wants to start but I don't think he has what most NFL teams are looking for as a starting QB. He usually provides a spark on offense but only in a reserved, off the bench role. Defenses would have a tough time adjusting to his scrambling ability if he suddenly came into the game off the bench. But give any NFL opponent an entire week to gameplan a QB with Smith's attributes and he wouldn't nearly be as effective.

Flacco is the man Baltimore.

good, that is what I thought but my friend just kept insisting, like it was an "in the know" thing in Baltimore....he's full of shit....

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »

I would always take flacco over smith...but that guy smith is dope...did you see that pass he threw on that 9 route vs the cover 2 between the corner and safety...man that was nice...talk about frozen rope

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2009, 02:22:16 PM »

I would always take flacco over smith...but that guy smith is dope...did you see that pass he threw on that 9 route vs the cover 2 between the corner and safety...man that was nice...talk about frozen rope

Smith has some good skills, no doubt. But I just don't think he has all the intangibles to be a successful, starting QB in the NFL. I would't mind having him back in 2010 but I doubt he would sign a new contract as the backup to Flacco.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2009, 02:24:40 PM »
Dixon on Pitts was throwing some darts last night too.....literally....he has the the throwing motion like he's tossing darts, but he can bring it....accurate too.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
Dixon on Pitts was throwing some darts last night too.....literally....he has the the throwing motion like he's tossing darts, but he can bring it....accurate too.

Remember he was a heisman candidate before he broke his leg..he was dope at oregon

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »
Remember he was a heisman candidate before he broke his leg..he was dope at oregon
Yep, he looked really good last night....moves well in the pocket, speed outside it and a very good arm. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2009, 03:32:04 PM »
theres far worse crimes being committed against humans on a daily basis.All these people that say they hope he dies have mental issues.theres humans being tortured,kids molested,grandmas robbed yet everyones up in arms over this.give me a fuckin break.

and when did anybody say they approve of these criminal acts "genius" ::)

E
E

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2009, 05:02:19 PM »
Why does he have to have the last laugh. I don't think anyone is laughing here.  I think it's ridiculous to take away a man's lively hood because he made a mistake.  Criminals go to jail all the time and no, the state or govt. doesn't put restrictions on their line of work when they come out.  Unless their crime has some kind of direct correlation to their line of work (Child molester/teacher) it is unheard of for this type of restriction to be placed on an individual.  I'm not saying criminals can get out of jail and run straight back to work, I'm just saying that it should not be prohibited or blocked. If someone is willing to put them to work then let them work and earn an honest living.  This doesn't seem like a puzzle. I don't understand what the big issue is.  It's ok for Vic to work a construction job and help build your house but it's not ok for him to run a touchdown on tv for the Eagles.  Some of you guys on here have some serious issues and need to seek some professional help.  IMHO!

Pat
Hey "Turner", I agree totally with you. Check out my post on page 2....Vick is a free man. He should be able to open a veteranarian clinic if he wants to! Prob would'nt do too well, but, you get my point :)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2009, 05:19:11 PM »
I may have to go back to being an Eagles fan. The offense is going to be deadlier than a pitbull in a bathtub.
But the defense is ez pickens for Romo and Co.    Not a safety or corner to fear!!!!!
((-::

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
 I think the problem here is MC NABB already has a fragile ego in Phillly so now when the fans {which are the worst,sorry} get on him he's gonna choke and Vick will be in. Remember last year he got benched and he wasnt even hurt. Maybe they're tryin to light a fire under MC NABB's ass....

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2009, 05:26:15 PM »
"The most popular guy in town is always teh backup QB"

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2009, 05:48:55 PM »
theres far worse crimes being committed against humans on a daily basis.All these people that say they hope he dies have mental issues.theres humans being tortured,kids molested,grandmas robbed yet everyones up in arms over this.give me a fuckin break.

sounds like your defending him...I love these people who are so offended when people care about animals, as if that is taking away something from humans. hardly. It is only advancing the human species. our ability to express compassion outside of our immediate family is an evolutionary mistake but a mistake that makes life worth living.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2009, 06:00:03 PM »
I'm betting Philly fans are chanting "We want Vick" by late october/early november.

He was the fastest man in football before he left - and that is when he had to concentrate on passing.  if his only job is to get the ball and just run like hell for 10 yards, I'm betting he breaks a lot of them for 30 or 40 yards.  He used to be one of the best runners in the game when all he did was practice throwing and learning receiver routes.  Imagine if his only job is to learn to run with the ball and occasionally throw on a trick play.

Of course, there are going to be 11 guys on the other side of the ball looking to demolish him, and RB is one seriously exposed position.  I'm guessing he's "held up" on more than a few plays so guys can pile on.  Then again, he does seem to have the support of many guys around the league.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
I grew up in teh south and over half my HS was hood black. Dog fighting is very big amongst blacks in teh south. The majority are involved. Weekly dog fighting busts were the norm...no big deal in that culture....just sayin

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2009, 07:08:21 PM »
I grew up in teh south and over half my HS was hood black. Dog fighting is very big amongst blacks in teh south. The majority are involved. Weekly dog fighting busts were the norm...no big deal in that culture....just sayin

I said that and was a called a racist... Oh well... Join the club.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »
I said that and was a called a racist... Oh well... Join the club.
Racist

;D

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »
sounds like brainwashing or true ignorance or something worse like dumbfucks that need to make shit run downhill. 

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2009, 08:00:12 PM »

Their "culture" needs to change. I see another disturbing aspect of their "culture" in general all too often as well - the act of so many of them defending anything and everything done by the bad apples amongst their own with any and every lame excuse you could imagine.

When most people hear of such horrific acts committed, they think of the person doing such acts as evil, antisocial, etc without even considering race or ethnicity. The one notable exception I see again and again is in the black community when it is one of their own.
A

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
What a surprise, everyone here who thinks Vick should "hang from a tree", or "never be allowed to play again" is WHITE.

Getbig never changes.

....all of this because he mistreated dogs??

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2009, 09:21:26 PM »
What a surprise, everyone here who thinks Vick should "hang from a tree", or "never be allowed to play again" is WHITE.

Getbig never changes.

....all of this because he mistreated dogs??

If it was a white "celeb" (which hey in reality thats never gona happen) the backlash would be just as bad if not worse , pull your head out your ass you ignorant choclate shithead...

For some reason alot of negros still have a savage mentality , why is this?

And it wasnt just mistreating dogs bozo it was disgusting behaviour that should IMO be given back to this grotty animal just as he delt it out to the Dogs.