Author Topic: Democrats look to strip Secret Service protection from Trump if he's convicted  (Read 1070 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Yeah, the shit you read and believe is usually the complete polar opposite of what I or others post and yes, liberals are by in large, Marxist/communists and most don’t deny it or even make an argument for it. Democrats, real democrats are few and far between in this day and age. Most real democrats are against Stalinist tactics and show trials in which you see when it comes to going after Trump and Conservatives (not RINO republicans). Yes, this is communism.

Because you post shit like covid assassination attempts, fake birth certificates, stolen elections, pizza parlor sex rings, space lasers, etc.. etc.. etc...

And the other post exactly the polar opposite of those things.  Facts.  Reality.  Common sense.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
its america... if felons for drug offenses and white collar crimes can't own a gun, seems getting a felony conviction and losing your right to the citizens paying for your protection sounds about right.

Or they can hire their own protection.  I hear manlets larping as LE instructors are fairly cheap.  Pay reflects knowledge.  After 1,000,000 LE youtube videos have been watched, they get a working ear piece.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I don't agree with this.  Regardless of what Trump gets convicted for, he does need SS protection for life as a former POTUS.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
its america... if felons for drug offenses and white collar crimes can't own a gun, seems getting a felony conviction and losing your right to the citizens paying for your protection sounds about right.

These are show trials moron

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
The Donald can have all the private protection he needs.

Shitter needs protection, from his own arse-hole...

i=otoyhzj2kYNIjuXy

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Yeah, the shit you read and believe is usually the complete polar opposite of what I or others post and yes, liberals are by in large, Marxist/communists and most don’t deny it or even make an argument for it. Democrats, real democrats are few and far between in this day and age. Most real democrats are against Stalinist tactics and show trials in which you see when it comes to going after Trump and Conservatives (not RINO republicans). Yes, this is communism.

Do you argue just for the fun of it, or are you actually being serious here?

Of course, it is opposite of what you and others post on Getbig... as if Getbig is some kind of Bastion of the reality. It is largely just a group of right wing nut jobs, like yourself who are actually deeply in the minority of real world folks. If it were not for the few of us who challenge your Getbig posts, you would spend your days doing nothing other than kissing your comrades’ butts.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Do you argue just for the fun of it, or are you actually being serious here?

Of course, it is opposite of what you and others post on Getbig... as if Getbig is some kind of Bastion of the reality. It is largely just a group of right wing nut jobs, like yourself who are actually deeply in the minority of real world folks. If it were not for the few of us who challenge your Getbig posts, you would spend your days doing nothing other than kissing your comrades’ butts.

I ask you the same thing. The only way for you and the two lunk heads to debate is on here where you can google and post your one sided bullshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
House Democrats have introduced a bill that would strip Secret Service protection from convicted felons sentenced to prison, a move directly targeting former President Trump who is currently on criminal trial in New York City for alleged hush money payments made during the 2016 election campaign and faces several other cases which could land him behind bars.

Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., the former chair of the now disbanded Jan. 6 congressional committee, introduced legislation that would automatically nix Secret Service protection for those who have been convicted of a federal or state felony that carries a minimum one-year prison term.

The proposed bill is provocatively called the "Denying Infinite Security and Government Resources Allocated toward Convicted and Extremely Dishonorable (DISGRACED) Former Protectees Act.

Unfortunately, current law doesn’t anticipate how Secret Service protection would impact the felony prison sentence of a protectee—even a former President," Thompson said in a statement.

"It is regrettable that it has come to this, but this previously unthought-of scenario could become our reality."

A so-called "fact sheet" accompanying Thompson’s statement notes that Trump is facing an "unprecedented 91 felony charges in federal and state courts" which have "created a new exigency that Congress must address to ensure Secret Service protection does not interfere with the criminal judicial process and the administration of justice."

The one-page document also states that the bill would apply to former President Trump should he be convicted of a felony, as well as to all Secret Service protectees convicted and sentenced under felony charges.

It notes that current law does not contemplate how Secret Service security would be administered to a protectee serving jail time and it therefore may pose logistical difficulties for both the Secret Service and prison authorities.

The proposed bill, Thompson says, would avoid such complications with incarcerating former President Trump should he be ordered to serve jail time.

"Therefore, it is necessary for us to be prepared and update the law so the American people can be assured that protective status does not translate into special treatment—and that those who are sentenced to prison will indeed serve the time required of them," Thompson said.

It would also address suggestions that any potential conviction of Trump would likely result in some form of home confinement rather than prison time, given his Secret Service protection.

This bill would remove the potential for conflicting lines of authority within prisons and allow judges to weigh the sentencing of individuals without having to factor in the logistical concerns of convicts with Secret Service protection," the document states. 

Secret Service protection is afforded to current presidents and their family members as well as former presidents and other high level officials. Protection was expanded to major party presidential nominees following the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, although his son has not been provided with Secret Service protection for his 2024 independent run.

As well as the hush money trial, Trump is charged in Georgia with trying to overturn the 2020 election in a racketeering case. He also has upcoming trials in Florida over his alleged hoarding of classified White House documents and in Washington D.C., where he is accused of conspiring to overturn the results of his election loss.

He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-look-strip-secret-service-protection-trump-convicted

Another attempt to try and pass a law directed at a single American citizen.  They really are trying to have this man killed.  It's the next logical step, given that he is Hitler according to many on the left.  And you have the clapping seals getting behind this outrageous attempt. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I ask you the same thing. The only way for you and the two lunk heads to debate is on here where you can google and post your one sided bullshit

Sigh… debate, debate, debate. Give it up, no one is going to debate you, Coach. It is not worth the effort. Besides, when I asked you about the logistics of said debate, you were unresponsive. Pointing out your errors is tiring enough and a total waste of time. You will take your mistaken viewpoints to your grave with you no matter that the evidence often confirms you are wrong.

You should note that besides two or three other folks in addition to Agnostic, LurkerNoMore and me, the rest of Getbig completely ignores you and your posts. So, in essence you spend your days talking to yourself using voice to text while you drive around Huntington Beach looking for high gas prices. BTW when people talk to themselves it can be a sign of mental illness.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Sigh… debate, debate, debate. Give it up, no one is going to debate you, Coach. It is not worth the effort. Besides, when I asked you about the logistics of said debate, you were unresponsive. Pointing out your errors is tiring enough and a total waste of time. You will take your mistaken viewpoints to your grave with you no matter that the evidence often confirms you are wrong.

You should note that besides two or three other folks in addition to Agnostic, LurkerNoMore and me, the rest of Getbig completely ignores you and your posts. So, in essence you spend your days talking to yourself using voice to text while you drive around Huntington Beach looking for high gas prices. BTW when people talk to themselves it can be a sign of mental illness.

“Logistics”? FaceTime or Zoom. Has to be face to face. It’s fun that you say no one pays attention to my posts or threads yet here you three are commenting and trolling on almost every one of them. lol

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
“Logistics”? FaceTime or Zoom. Has to be face to face. It’s fun that you say no one pays attention to my posts or threads yet here you three are commenting and trolling on almost every one of them. lol

What I said was no-one besides the three of us, Agnostic, LuckerNoMore and me and possibly one or two other folks.

Well now I will give you credit for suggesting the logistics of your longed for debate. I have not used Facetime, but I chair a monthly board meeting on Zoom. I am familiar with this format. What do you suggest as a topic of this debate?

I confess I do sometimes find 'commenting and trolling' your posts amusing. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

You can't even use Google to come up with facts or refute anything posted.  You are too stupid to even make sense when you have all the time in the world to research a reply.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V

Generally because the level of stupidity is unmatched anywhere else.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Another attempt to try and pass a law directed at a single American citizen.
The amount of shit they have thrown at that guy is impressive. He continues to go forward and antagonize the leftist hypocrites and while I find it highly amusing, it is not really Presidential.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
They’re trying set him up for assassination

LMFAO.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The amount of shit they have thrown at that guy is impressive. He continues to go forward and antagonize the leftist hypocrites and while I find it highly amusing, it is not really Presidential.

House Democrats represented by Bernie Sanders introduced this legislation which will go nowhere. First off, it only applies if the subject goes to prison, not if they are sentenced to home confinement in which case the Secret Service protection continues. No political party wants to be responsible for the injury or murder of Trump or anyone else who was in his situation. The problem of how to orchestrate Secret Service protection for someone while they are incarcerated is beyond solving. Would Secret Service people be locked up in prison as well? Secret Service Protection is 24/7. Four agents are on duty at any given time. There are three shifts per day for a total of twelve agents daily. Paid and unpaid leaves, weekends and holidays off require additional staffing.

Don't kid yourself if Biden or a Democrat were in Trump's situation someone from the Republican ranks would propose identical legislation.

Remember that never in the history of this country has a former President been charged with a felony. This is a completely new territory. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
What I said was no-one besides the three of us, Agnostic, LuckerNoMore and me and possibly one or two other folks.

Well now I will give you credit for suggesting the logistics of your longed for debate. I have not used Facetime, but I chair a monthly board meeting on Zoom. I am familiar with this format. What do you suggest as a topic of this debate?

I confess I do sometimes find 'commenting and trolling' your posts amusing. 

Yeah...Ive said this on MANY occasion

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
You can't even use Google to come up with facts or refute anything posted.  You are too stupid to even make sense when you have all the time in the world to research a reply.

Not the same. I post supporting documents and video usually of the person that's actually proving a point and you moron's still come up with some off the wall articles that spins the person that actually said it, just as an example. I just want to see the stammering looks on your faces when you look like asses....since you say you don't even read my posts, which I could really careless about.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
Not the same. I post supporting documents and video usually of the person that's actually proving a point and you moron's still come up with some off the wall articles that spins the person that actually said it, just as an example. I just want to see the stammering looks on your faces when you look like asses....since you say you don't even read my posts, which I could really careless about.

Gateway and Navarro are NOT supporting.  And when someone does post facts and supporting evidence (like direct links to court documents) you act like they are invisible. 

Again, retardation must have been God's gift to you to help with coping with reality.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
House Democrats represented by Bernie Sanders introduced this legislation which will go nowhere. First off, it only applies if the subject goes to prison, not if they are sentenced to home confinement in which case the Secret Service protection continues. No political party wants to be responsible for the injury or murder of Trump or anyone else who was in his situation. The problem of how to orchestrate Secret Service protection for someone while they are incarcerated is beyond solving. Would Secret Service people be locked up in prison as well? Secret Service Protection is 24/7. Four agents are on duty at any given time. There are three shifts per day for a total of twelve agents daily. Paid and unpaid leaves, weekends and holidays off require additional staffing.

Don't kid yourself if Biden or a Democrat were in Trump's situation someone from the Republican ranks would propose identical legislation.

Remember that never in the history of this country has a former President been charged with a felony. This is a completely new territory.

I think he will stay in a federal prison with the nicest accommodations he can get away with.  The SS agents would rotate in and out and Trump would be afforded some special treatment because of being a former POTUS.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I think he will stay in a federal prison with the nicest accommodations he can get away with.  The SS agents would rotate in and out and Trump would be afforded some special treatment because of being a former POTUS.

House arrest is most likely.  Or incredibly high fine with restrictions.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Yeah...Ive said this on MANY occasion

Oh, did I make you repeat yourself? So sorry!  :-*

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

And the fact he is enduring all of this is impressive.  I agree some of his conduct is not presidential.  But he's definitely an outside the box person.  And he is authentic, like a lot of New Yorkers. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
And the fact he is enduring all of this is impressive.  I agree some of his conduct is not presidential.  But he's definitely an outside the box person.  And he is authentic, like a lot of New Yorkers.
I suppose if he started WW3 and sent billions to build border walls in other countries, getlibbers would be swinging from his sack.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I don't agree with it either. Would it be justice? Probably. But the reality is, as many people have pointed out, if Trump actually shot a man on the street, during a news conference where it was indisputable, half the country wouldn't believe it happened if he denied it.. but , he wouldn't see the inside of a prison. What he is accused of in all the indictments is far less than that so we are kidding ourselves if we think he would see the inside of a prison. He's an Ex President. Hell, it pained me even typing that. But he is... and he has the right to secret service protection until he says otherwise or dies. That's just the way it is.