Author Topic: TOC Prejudging - Finals Update  (Read 4583 times)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
TOC Prejudging - Finals Update
« on: September 23, 2006, 05:25:06 PM »
I spoke to a couple people and it looks like the Figure rookie sensation, Gina Aliotti will win her first show. Another rookie also looks to qualify this weekend by placing second or third is Sonia Adcock. Seasoned pro Tara Scotti looked beautiful as always and will round out the top three.

Others in the top 6 look to be Mary Jo Cooke-Elliott, Andrea Dumon and Pauline Nordin.

Dina Al-Sabah was said to be soft in the legs and is in the 7-9 placing.

Zhanna Rotar who is usually near the top in some of these smaller shows is the suprise of the show placing near the very bottom in the callouts.

Finals are in an hour and we'll know how the final placings go. A few of these girls will go on to compete at the Olympia and others will look to do well at the West Palm Beach show in a couple weeks.
Elevate Your Image.™

catch8

• Getbig II
  • Lay em down and smack em yack em
Re: TOC Prejudging updates
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:16:03 PM »
I spoke to a couple people and it looks like the Figure rookie sensation, Gina Aliotti will win her first show. Another rookie also lookes to qualify this weekend by placing second or third is Sonia Adcock. Seasoned pro Tara Scotti looked beautiful as always and will round out the top three.

Others in the top 6 look to be Mary Jo Cooke-Elliott, Andrea Dumon and Pauline Nordin.

Dina Al-Sabah was said to be soft in the legs and is in the 7-9 placing.

Zhanna Rotar who is usually near the top in some of these smaller shows is the suprise of the show placing near the very bottom in the callouts.

Finals are in an hour and we'll know how the final placings go. A few of these girls will go on to compete at the Olympia and others will look to do well at the West Palm Beach show in a couple weeks.

Being at the show myself and looking at the competitors, Gina did look very good, 2nd and 3rd I question balance but thats MO. As for Dina looking soft in the legs, from where I was, she looked the best I have seen her in a while. There was nice separation in her legs. If anything her upper body was a bit smaller in relation to the top 5 call outs, but soft legs...I find that hard to believe. Plus I was informed that they were told to not flex legs at all and just stand with arms at side....who knows.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 06:21:57 PM »
Being at the show myself and looking at the competitors, Gina did look very good, 2nd and 3rd I question balance but thats MO. As for Dina looking soft in the legs, from where I was, she looked the best I have seen her in a while. There was nice separation in her legs. If anything her upper body was a bit smaller in relation to the top 5 call outs, but soft legs...I find that hard to believe. Plus I was informed that they were told to not flex legs at all and just stand with arms at side....who knows.
Question balance in 2nd and 3rd? I wasn't there so can't speak for certain on things only going off from what others told me. Since you were there how did you see the top 5?

Elevate Your Image.™

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 06:31:25 PM »
I am obviously not at the show, and I do know pictures aren't always true to form, though they are usually untrue across the board and will show everyone at a certain percentage softer or harder than they actually were.

That said, I've seen a front-view picture of the first call out and one of the second call out.  Remembering that shape overrides conditioning in figure, I would have Dina sitting in second or third in this show.  Then, factoring in the shape and conditioning of the first call out girls (minus Gina A., who is definitively harder than any of the other top ten girls), I would have her sitting in third or fourth because her quads really do not appear that much softer than a couple of the other competitors ahead of her.  I will add that her legs have a very nice shape to them.  But her shoulders are smaller, and I can see the judges wanting more size and roundness to them to offset the size of her quads.  The extremely small waist helps to create an illusion of more balance than she really has.  Dina has a bottom-heavy X frame, which I personally think is highly attractive and more attainable for a woman (I think a woman should have some meat on her quads); whereas, the other girls (besides Gina A.) have more of the Y frame that figure seems to demand with the out of balance shoulder thickness and width.

Her suit is magnificent and fits perfectly to create the hourglass shape that is supposedly requested for figure.

I'm sure more pictures will tell a better story, and again...being there isn't always the same as the photos.

I do completely agree with Gina A.'s possible first-place placement and feel that's more along the lines of conditioning figure should ask of its athletes.
Jodi

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »
Good Answer Jodi.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
Re: TOC Prejudging - Finals Updates
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 08:28:39 PM »
1 - Gina Aliotti
2 - Tara Scotti
3 - Sonia Adcock

Congrats ladies and Sonia Adcock qualifies for the O in her first pro show!
Elevate Your Image.™

Articulate Bodies

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • www.articulatebodies.com Chaundra Tangi, IFBB Pro
Re: TOC Prejudging - Finals Update
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »
ROUNDING OUT THE TOP 5  :) :)

5.  Mary Jo Cooke

4.  Andrea Dumon

3.  Sonia Adcock*

2.  Tara Scotti*

1.  Gina Alliota*

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 09:56:39 PM »
Congrats to Gina, Andrea, Mary Jo, Sonia,Tara, & Dina should have placed Higher. By the way, all top 5 girls except one are Kim Oddo Girls. I believe Tara is not a Kim Oddo Girl.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »
Tara is not an Oddo Angel. What are you trying to say Fit Gourmet?  ???
Elevate Your Image.™

Malibu Barbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 01:38:19 AM »
Issac, I have a feeling there was no  ??? to it. I think Fit Gourmet is just giving a rightful ode to the Oddo. I am sure Kim will be proud that his clients have done so well.

Congratulations to Gina!!!! I believe she is from the same area Amber L. was originally from in California (Monterey, Carmel). There must be something in the water or pasta there to produced two such amazing athletes.

The Olympia stage is going to look like the Nationals (packed), but with an amazing caliber of competitors. Sure wish Dina would have been one. Darn, maybe next year. :-[

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 10:03:13 PM »
Complete results...

1 Gina Alliota 
2 Tara Scotti 
3 Sonia Adcock 
4 Andrea Dumon 
5 Mary Jo Cooke-Elliot 
6 Pauline Nordin 
7 Kate Shelby 
8 Kirsten Nicewarner 
9 Dina Al-Sabah 
10 Leslie Morris 
11 Christina Mehling 
12 Masae Tagami 
13 Deborah Denio 
14 Heather Mae French 
15 Marcy Porter 
16 Aleksandra Kobielak 
17 Zhanna Rotar 
18 Myriam Bustamante 
18 Jenny Guenther 
18 Denise Hosher 
18 Shelly Taucher 
18 Kiyoko Yamanaka 

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 02:12:21 AM »
I am friends with Kim, & to have that many Competitors do so well in one show is amazing!!! Kim Oddo has paid his Dues. It use to be Mike Davies Girls would clean up. Now there is a little more competition when it comes to the people who prepare and groom this amazing Athletes for these shows. So, congrats to everyone. I have my personal favorites, but must say that most of the top five in this show are among some of my favorites. Dina, Tara, Gina, all pack some muscle, and all have legs. No (Y-Shape body on these women). I also, do like Paulin, & Sonia. They have extremely Pretty faces in person.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 06:55:30 AM »
I am friends with Kim, & to have that many Competitors do so well in one show is amazing!!! Kim Oddo has paid his Dues. It use to be Mike Davies Girls would clean up. Now there is a little more competition when it comes to the people who prepare and groom this amazing Athletes for these shows. So, congrats to everyone. I have my personal favorites, but must say that most of the top five in this show are among some of my favorites. Dina, Tara, Gina, all pack some muscle, and all have legs. No (Y-Shape body on these women). I also, do like Paulin, & Sonia. They have extremely Pretty faces in person.
When will there be "The Gourmet Girls" hitting the stage Dave? Walking billboards for that special oatmeal.

;)
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 10:30:57 AM »
Tara is not an Oddo Angel. What are you trying to say Fit Gourmet?  ???

What are you trying to say, Lift? 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 01:47:58 PM »
What are you trying to say, Lift? 
I've got much love for Kim Oddo.
Elevate Your Image.™

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 01:11:31 AM »
I promise The Fit Gourmet Girls are Coming Very, Very, Soon. You will see a few at the expo!!! Walking around, not working a booth yet. Next year I promise.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 02:13:16 AM »
I had Dina in the top 3, as well as Paula Nordin.
I was in the amateur TOC mens BB contest, so i had a good look at things :).

James