Author Topic: Taurine  (Read 1657 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Taurine
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 07:14:06 AM »
I take it daily if I remember to. Can't feel it but on paper it has a multitude of benefits, health and performance. I mix HMB in my EAA coctail too, costs nothing these days lol.

https://examine.com/supplements/taurine/

Heart, performance, antioxidant and antioxidant booster, cell volume, helps protein synthesis, may be conditionally essential, may calm the CNS, and etc.

My EAA mix is high in ALL the EAAs, not just the BCAAs or the Leucine, then I mix in HMB, Taurine, TMG, Creatine, L-Carnitine, D-Ribose

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 07:17:48 AM »
upped the clen? Hey, Bhanky?

have you looked in to HMB?

I don't take clen I have told you that a million times not sure why you keep insisting otherwise

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 07:18:27 AM »
I take it daily if I remember to. Can't feel it but on paper it has a multitude of benefits, health and performance. I mix HMB in my EAA coctail too, costs nothing these days lol.

Heart, performance, antioxidant and antioxidant booster, cell volume, helps protein synthesis, may be conditionally essential, may calm the CNS, and etc.

So how much do you take when you remember?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 07:22:22 AM »
So how much do you take when you remember?

2 grams. Sometimes twice daily. It seems at least 3 grams might be safe indefinitely as per the examine research compilation.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 07:30:19 AM »

My EAA mix is high in ALL the EAAs, not just the BCAAs or the Leucine, then I mix in HMB, Taurine, TMG, Creatine, L-Carnitine, D-Ribose

If I was in the US I would by this EAA

https://masupps.com/product/prosynthesis-17/

Or preferably this if it was in

https://masupps.com/product/prosynthesis-build/

I know this thread isn't about EAAs but a lot of guys use these and these products look the best dosed.

Of course his research chems look most interesting lol

https://maresearchchems.net/

It's that fella who writes under the name of Mike Arnold on bb forums

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 07:32:28 AM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2024, 07:48:31 AM »
If I was in the US I would by this EAA

https://masupps.com/product/prosynthesis-17/

Or preferably this if it was in

https://masupps.com/product/prosynthesis-build/

I know this thread isn't about EAAs but a lot of guys use these and these products look the best dosed.

Of course his research chems look most interesting lol

https://maresearchchems.net/

It's that fella who writes under the name of Mike Arnold on bb forums

How do the same advertising lines apply to two different products?

1Patrick

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2024, 08:07:24 AM »
I usually drink one Monster or whatever energy drink I get my hands on before gym and it has anywhere between 500-1000 mg of Taurine .
Stuff definitely gives me  some boost .
Gotta look into it then .

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2024, 08:50:22 AM »
How do the same advertising lines apply to two different products?

I thought about that too. It's the same amino composition but the other added the HMB, HICA, phosphatidic acid, vitamin D etc. His write up is very good but it's just way too involved for the average consumer. But the composition looks very good to me, hopefully it's all in there, I believe the profit margin is much smaller for Mike Arnold. Now I use Jordan Peter's EAA and mix in some of the bells and whistles myself. Now these EAAs will only help marginally if protein intake is high overall but if you're going to use EAAs why not pay a few bucks more to get the best? You look at so e of these other products and it's 50-80% Leucine/BCAAs so obviously especially the lack of tryptophan and methionine should become limiting... if you rely on it to actually replace some whole protein.

HMB is thought of as a joke but it does seem to do something, there's actually some science behind it. It could retard breakdown more than just Leucine, it does stimulate mTor. Just now I saw Muscletech sells a Leucine-Leucine dipetide which they claim is better than regular Leucine, I don't know but I know since MT did it it's going to be in other products too.

I know perfectly well this is all just micromanaging, but I can't help doing it  :D

JUST EAT FOOD! LOL

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2024, 09:39:32 AM »
I take it.
Can't say i feel any difference. Only supps that make me have better something are ZMA and AAKG, sleep and energy/strenght.
Try magnesium glycinate at night for stress relief and deep sleep. Amazed at how well it works.
T

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2024, 09:45:27 AM »
Try magnesium glycinate at night for stress relief and deep sleep. Amazed at how well it works.

I did all that sleep stuff - mag glyc, valerian, zinc, theanine, lion's mane, etc......

Then I just stopped all of it - no real difference.

I still supplement the mag glycinate though.
Y

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2024, 09:52:54 AM »
Thanks. It works so well that makes sleepy the day after.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2024, 09:55:46 AM »
I did all that sleep stuff - mag glyc, valerian, zinc, theanine, lion's mane, etc......

Then I just stopped all of it - no real difference.

I still supplement the mag glycinate though.
I "cycle" those. Even cannabis (indica) and xanax at times. Things work for a month or so.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2024, 10:22:18 AM »
I "cycle" those. Even cannabis (indica) and xanax at times. Things work for a month or so.
Stay away from Xanax, garbage drug.
T

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 10:38:37 AM »
Stay away from Xanax, garbage drug.

For sure in the long run. But sometimes benzos are a godsend, when you absolutely can't sleep or are wound up so badly you start to panic. One sleeping drug that can be an absolute nightmare lol, AMBIEN. A freaky drug that almost every big user has them do something stupid, even if just sending stupid texts to everyone. Some are caught deiving the wrong way on the freeway, some have been exonerated of rape because it was due to Ambien induced "sexsomnia"
Ambien is not a benzo yet is just like a very short acting benzo. One psychiatrisrt refused to write me Valium and then when I asked for a z-drug she said, "nah it's the same thing."

I had some freaky things happen too, out driving "while sleeping."

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2024, 10:46:49 AM »
Thanks. It works so well that makes sleepy the day after.

I never noticed much from the magnesium but on paper the magnesium threonate "Magtein" supposedly gives the most brain penetration. Supposedly almost everyone is deficient in mag so supplements make sense. A multi, then additional mag and d3, makes sense.

Since Covid took me out almost permanently, I have an emergency supply of Zink lol, 100mg a day at the first sign of illness plus the usual vitamin C, some immunitymushrooms, etc. Zink is supposedly basically the only thing shown to reduce the length of the flu. Oh and like at least 5K iu of d3 all the time. I just got tested for d3 and I was far from toxic levels.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2024, 06:40:08 PM »

Makes sense.

I use it to "reset", stay on it, then stop.

If I end up with sleep issues, restart...etc.
Y

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2024, 09:27:31 PM »
I thought about that too. It's the same amino composition but the other added the HMB, HICA, phosphatidic acid, vitamin D etc. His write up is very good but it's just way too involved for the average consumer. But the composition looks very good to me, hopefully it's all in there, I believe the profit margin is much smaller for Mike Arnold. Now I use Jordan Peter's EAA and mix in some of the bells and whistles myself. Now these EAAs will only help marginally if protein intake is high overall but if you're going to use EAAs why not pay a few bucks more to get the best? You look at so e of these other products and it's 50-80% Leucine/BCAAs so obviously especially the lack of tryptophan and methionine should become limiting... if you rely on it to actually replace some whole protein.

HMB is thought of as a joke but it does seem to do something, there's actually some science behind it. It could retard breakdown more than just Leucine, it does stimulate mTor. Just now I saw Muscletech sells a Leucine-Leucine dipetide which they claim is better than regular Leucine, I don't know but I know since MT did it it's going to be in other products too.

I know perfectly well this is all just micromanaging, but I can't help doing it  :D

JUST EAT FOOD! LOL

No I think you have the right idea, supplements are to make up what we miss in food, and there’s a lot.
Also I don’t believe taurine is a naturally occurring substance.
 Unless you’re drinking bull urine.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2024, 09:46:54 PM »
No I think you have the right idea, supplements are to make up what we miss in food, and there’s a lot.
Also I don’t believe taurine is a naturally occurring substance.
 Unless you’re drinking bull urine.

No taurine is very abundant in the body.

As always, examine has all the facts.

I've had heart failure when I had covid so it *might* be especially good for me, along with d-ribose, which is also "fuel" for the heart.

I don't know what data those Red Bull formulators went by back then, some thought it was weird that they put that in there, a sort of nervous system depressant, but all the energy drinks have, although it's hard to determine if it's doing much at those dosages. When energy drinks became more popular here the authorities and docs suspected taurine was causing heart problems in users as they were showing up in hospitals complaining of various symptoms. But it was just caffeine overdoses, or Vodka/Redbull overdoses. It hasn't been banned because there's no data showing damage.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2024, 12:22:22 AM »
No, but I've heard good things about it.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2024, 01:10:12 AM »
has anyone consulted vigorous Steve or AJ about it?

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2024, 02:24:31 AM »
Yes, it stopped by awful back pumps

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2024, 03:39:43 AM »
I only take bio-identical Taurine......anything less would be uncivilized.