Author Topic: How much will a bench shirt increase ur bench?  (Read 3460 times)

tfalce

• Getbig II
How much will a bench shirt increase ur bench?
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
How much will a bench shirt increase ur bench?

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: How much will a bench shirt increase ur bench?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:31:42 AM »
Im not a shirt pro, but it depends on what kind of shirt, how much you can bench raw, etc...

The top of the line shirts, from what I have read, will add over 80 pounds once you get used to the shirt. The cheap shirt may add 30-40 pounds.

If you can bench 300 raw, 380+ shirted.
If you can bench 700 raw, 1000 shirted!! ;D

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
I get 150 to 200 pounds out of a single ply titan f-6.

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 05:45:45 PM »
hang-what is your raw max? Shirted max?

tfalce

• Getbig II
Re: How much will a bench shirt increase ur bench? (DNewbie)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 05:58:03 PM »
I just did 410 for 2. Next Saturday, I have two bench (Phenom and a Radical Denim Inzer). My question is which one two use? I have used a Denim before and some friends of mine told me to use the Phenom. Any help?

Thanks!

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 07:29:37 PM »
Just putting the shirt on is not going to get you a "big" bench. You need to spend a weeks (at least 4-6) learning the shirt. Then decide which shirt works for you. That's why they have so many different kinds.
sept 10th APF

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 04:51:26 AM »
It can increase up to 40 kgs...
S

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »
hang-what is your raw max? Shirted max?
Dont max out raw, but it would be about 400 give or take a few pounds.  My best shirted is 550 in the gym 534 in a meet.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
I think anywhere from 50-100 lbs or more depending on your strenght level. I do know guys that are masters of making the suit work for them.  I  know a guy that used to lift at my guy and was a world record holder for some time struggle with 345 on the incline for 8 bench 705 I think. He obviously knew how how to make a shirt work for him
X

SL-Dubbs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 07:15:19 PM »
I big part of it also depends on if you have trained for the shirt or not

if your top end is not any stronger than your bottom end then you are going to get nothing out of the shirt

the shirt is going to assist you with the bottom portion of the lift. primarily the 2 board mark. there is definitely assistance in the 3 board mark and dpending on how broken in the shirt is, there is some as far as the 4 board mark but very little.

A lof ot the guys that are getting a ton out of the shirt just have top ends thatare developed FAR beyond that of their bottom end.

Myself, I train a lot of raw work right now, so I am only getting about 50 lbs out of my shirt. When I get closer to meet time (maybe 10-12 weeks out) my training will be more based around equipped lifting and I? will probably get about 100lbs out of my shirt.

It's true, some guys are gett9ing 200-300 lbs out of their shirt, but also what they are lifting is closer to 850+

So, if you're raw benching in the 3's to low 4's obviously you will not be getting enormous gains but you will more than likely see 50-75lbs out of the shirt early on and 75-100 as you learn the shirt and adapt your training to it.

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 07:38:52 PM »
Does a shirt allow a person to get past their raw poundage limit.  For example, a raw bench of 300lbs. could increase to 350lbs regularly.  I may be assuming here; but, wouldn't an increase in the bench eventually equal an increase in size or strength?  I'm new to the idea of a bench shirt so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
I

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »
I'm still learning how to use my denim shirt. I'm getting between 50-75 lbs out of it, but I really think the shirt I have is a bit lose and needs to be retailored. 

SL-Dubbs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 11:59:14 PM »
Does a shirt allow a person to get past their raw poundage limit.  For example, a raw bench of 300lbs. could increase to 350lbs regularly.  I may be assuming here; but, wouldn't an increase in the bench eventually equal an increase in size or strength?  I'm new to the idea of a bench shirt so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

to an extent, as you become more comfortable handling larger weights. But, I will say although it improved my lowering signifigantly and my lockouts I wasnt much better out of the hole. I still needed lots of speed work to build that.