Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Golfer's Elbow?

(1/10) > >>

SweetDaddySiki:
The inside of my elbow is really hurting. it's the part between the biceps and forearm. I google'd and it seems to be "golfer's elbow". I don't play golf but I saw that you can get it from typing a lot (I'm a programmer) so I'm thinking that's where I got it. Anyone ever have this issue and how did you cure it or work around it? I've noticed that it hurts when my hand is straight like when I'm curling a barbell. Pushing movements don't bother me and I'm able to do lying triceps extensions. I'm currently wearing an elbow brace and icing the area and taking ibuprofen. Didn't know if anyone had any advice. Thanks!

Irongrip400:
Legit question, as I rarely play golf but when I do I get this feeling, but have you been doing any heavy forearms in the gym? When I used to work them, doing reverse curls, it gave me the same sensation as I get now from a round of 18 holes, nh.

Rambone:
I had this a few years back and felt it the most during wide grip pull-ups. I never did any strengthening exercises for it and only avoided the exercises that made it hurt and it naturally just went away over time. Been doing pull-ups ever since. I’d just do that and keep the area warm with an elbow sleeve

SweetDaddySiki:

--- Quote from: Irongrip400 on May 07, 2024, 10:22:53 AM ---Legit question, as I rarely play golf but when I do I get this feeling, but have you been doing any heavy forearms in the gym? When I used to work them, doing reverse curls, it gave me the same sensation as I get now from a round of 18 holes, nh.

--- End quote ---
HI! I do a full body routine (3 sets of 10 for one exercise per body part) and I only do standard wrist curls for my forearms. What's weird is that I only feel pain the area between my forearm and bicep. Not sure what it's called but I guess it's the inside of your elbow. I'm a guitarist and no issues with my wrist or fingers. Weird injury.

SweetDaddySiki:

--- Quote from: Rambone on May 07, 2024, 10:23:55 AM ---I had this a few years back and felt it the most during wide grip pull-ups. I never did any strengthening exercises for it and only avoided the exercises that made it hurt and it naturally just went away over time. Been doing pull-ups ever since. I’d just do that and keep the area warm with an elbow sleeve

--- End quote ---
Yeah my wife says avoid lifting weights or work around it but I do a full body 3x's a week so it's hard to work around it. I'll try dumbells for curls to see if that helps because I'm doing all barbell exercises (example: barbell curls).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version