Author Topic: "Gulf Spill 'Echoes 9/11"  (Read 545 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
"Gulf Spill 'Echoes 9/11"
« on: June 13, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »
Obama: Gulf Spill 'Echoes 9/11'
Politico ^ | Sunday, June 13, 2010 | Staff/ Roger Simon

________________________ ________________________ ________

Sounding reflective as he heads into a bruising electoral season, President Barack Obama told POLITICO columnist Roger Simon that the Gulf disaster “echoes 9/11” because it will change the nation’s psyche for years to come.

Obama — facing mounting criticism of his handling of the BP gusher, even from longtime allies — vowed to make a “bold” push for a new energy law even as the calamity continues to unfold. And he said he will use the rest of his presidency to try to put the United States on a course toward a “new way of doing business when it comes to energy.”

“In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11,” the president said in an Oval Office interview on Friday, "I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come.”

SNIP

Hardening one of his persistent complaints throughout his presidency, Obama expressed frustration with press coverage of his administration’s response, declaring that “the media specifically is demanding things that the public aren’t demanding.” He contended that “the overwhelming majority of the American people” have reasonable expectations.

“What they hope and expect is for the president to do everything that's within his power,” he said. “They don't expect us to be magicians.”

SNIP

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

________________________ _______________________

Does this mean that Obama is now going to push a massivbe big govt enviro bill that he never could but for this tradgedy?

Oh thats' right . . . . . . .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: "Gulf Spill 'Echoes 9/11"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Does this mean that Obama is now going to push a massivbe big govt enviro bill that he never could but for this tradgedy?

Wait... are you accusing Bush of pushing some agenda that wouldn't have been possible without 911? 

What are you implying?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Wait... are you accusing Bush of pushing some agenda that wouldn't have been possible without 911? 

What are you implying?

::)  ::)

Of course the Patriot act could not have been passed but for 9/11. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »
::)  ::)

Of course the Patriot act could not have been passed but for 9/11.  

What is wrong with the patriot act?

it kept us safe, right?  

If we have nothing to hide - why would we be scared to give up a little bit of our liberty in order to remain safe?  It's just the 4th amendment... Hell, if the president told me giving up the entire Bill of Rights would keep us 100% safe from terrorists who hate our freedoms, I'd succumb.  Right guys?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »
I thought you liked bush most of the time. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
pat act was a violation of constitution.  we'll never know how many americans were illegally spied upon.  once it became clear thru auding how many abuses were taking place - they stopped auditing lol...

So yes, the Pat act was bullshit.  The anthrax attacks to halt any debate on the pat act = also bullshit. 

Anyone who defends them is a moron.  Anyone who said "I have nothing to hide" under Bush, but screams about how Obama is raping their rights, needs to have their head checked.  partisan morons.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 08:54:24 PM »
pat act was a violation of constitution.  we'll never know how many americans were illegally spied upon.  once it became clear thru auding how many abuses were taking place - they stopped auditing lol...

So yes, the Pat act was bullshit.  The anthrax attacks to halt any debate on the pat act = also bullshit. 

Anyone who defends them is a moron.  Anyone who said "I have nothing to hide" under Bush, but screams about how Obama is raping their rights, needs to have their head checked.  partisan morons.

Uh...no, they haven't stopped conducting the audits.  I believe the last one was Jan/Feb.  But, you go right ahead and keep calling others morons.  ::)