Author Topic: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP  (Read 57891 times)

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
Re: Lamar Jackson is Vince Young 2.0
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2019, 01:42:27 PM »
Running out of superlatives to describe how good this kid is.....17/24 222 yards 4 TD passes. 9 carries 86 yards. MVP!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Lamar Jackson is Vince Young 2.0
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2019, 09:50:21 AM »
Running out of superlatives to describe how good this kid is.....17/24 222 yards 4 TD passes. 9 carries 86 yards. MVP!

Watched most of the game yesterday and I have to agree.  Really impressive.  He's not just a running QB.  Total package. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2019, 07:06:28 PM »
Thread title modified to reflect the truth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »

Didn't see the game but the stats are off the chain. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/game/2142259/box-score

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2019, 10:36:57 AM »

Well done. Was getting annoyed seeing Vince Young's name.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2019, 06:03:52 PM »
Well done. Was getting annoyed seeing Vince Young's name.

Going to any games this year? I’m headed to the San Fran game next weekend. Been to plenty of games and never seen them lose at home. Looking forward to this one, haven’t been since the Thursday night game against the Browns after Trump got elected.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2019, 09:01:43 AM »
Going to any games this year? I’m headed to the San Fran game next weekend. Been to plenty of games and never seen them lose at home. Looking forward to this one, haven’t been since the Thursday night game against the Browns after Trump got elected.

I'm likely going to the Steelers game which is the last one on the schedule in Baltimore. Hopefully, the Ravens have at least a #2 seed locked up with nothing to play for.(except for the #1 seed) Going to a game at M&T is a great experience. I loved it when I was younger with season tickets. The only complaint I ever had was the traffic leaving the city. A lot of times, I had to leave by the end of the 3rd quarter to guarantee no traffic but that compromised the amount of money spent on the tickets. Have a great time and Go Ravens!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2019, 07:17:22 AM »
I'm likely going to the Steelers game which is the last one on the schedule in Baltimore. Hopefully, the Ravens have at least a #2 seed locked up with nothing to play for.(except for the #1 seed) Going to a game at M&T is a great experience. I loved it when I was younger with season tickets. The only complaint I ever had was the traffic leaving the city. A lot of times, I had to leave by the end of the 3rd quarter to guarantee no traffic but that compromised the amount of money spent on the tickets. Have a great time and Go Ravens!

I usually just crash at the Holiday Inn on Russel St and walk to the game and leave Monday.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2019, 03:00:05 PM »
I think the Ravens should use the "load management" tactic used in the NBA and rest Lamar Jackson this week.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2019, 11:14:25 AM »
What the heck man?  Doesn't Harbaugh read this board??  He was supposed to rest Jackson on Sunday.   >:(

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2019, 11:21:50 AM »
He took a lot of hits yesterday.  They better figure out how to keep him healthy throughout the playoffs or they will be an early out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2019, 12:51:49 PM »
He took a lot of hits yesterday.  They better figure out how to keep him healthy throughout the playoffs or they will be an early out.

I don't think he's going to face another defense like the Niners for the rest of the regular season. 

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2019, 10:06:56 AM »
I don't think he's going to face another defense like the Niners for the rest of the regular season. 

It's a week to week league. Buffalo Bills will be tough on the road. And never count out the Steelers. They could wind up winning 10 games and sneaking in and making noise. Great front seven on defense.

Lamar did take some hits running inside. I would prefer not see these designed inside runs by Lamar, moving forward. Too risky.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2019, 08:43:59 PM »
It's a week to week league. Buffalo Bills will be tough on the road. And never count out the Steelers. They could wind up winning 10 games and sneaking in and making noise. Great front seven on defense.

Lamar did take some hits running inside. I would prefer not see these designed inside runs by Lamar, moving forward. Too risky.

Definitely a risk to have so many designed running plays, but it didn't look like he took a lot of direct hits.  He's a freak. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
Tonight's line:  15 for 23 for 212 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTS, 8 carries for 86 yards.  Ten game winning streak.  Yeah, he's the NFL MVP. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2019, 03:35:58 AM »
The train keeps rolling. Very impressive stat line last night.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2019, 04:47:53 AM »
Jackson is smart.  He runs to the sideline to avoid hits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
Lamar Jackson gives his offensive linemen Rolexes to thank them for his record-breaking season
Jackson set several NFL records with the help of the big guys up front, so he paid them back
by Jared Dubin   
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-gives-his-offensive-linemen-rolexes-to-thank-them-for-his-record-breaking-season/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2019, 02:34:14 AM »
Lamar Jackson gives his offensive linemen Rolexes to thank them for his record-breaking season
Jackson set several NFL records with the help of the big guys up front, so he paid them back
by Jared Dubin   
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-gives-his-offensive-linemen-rolexes-to-thank-them-for-his-record-breaking-season/

Not smart to spend that much money when he's on his first contract and will probably never see a big 2nd contract because of his QB style running all the time.  Should have taken them out to dinner to thank them.  He will be broke in 10 years.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2019, 08:56:11 AM »
Not smart to spend that much money when he's on his first contract and will probably never see a big 2nd contract because of his QB style running all the time.  Should have taken them out to dinner to thank them.  He will be broke in 10 years.

He's guaranteed like 12.5M.

25k on Rolexes for his teammates isn't going to mean anything.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »
He's guaranteed like 12.5M.

25k on Rolexes for his teammates isn't going to mean anything.
80% of NFL players are bankrupt within 2 years of retirement.  If he spends money like this on his lineman imagine what he spends on himself, hommies, baby mommas and kids.  Don't forget taxes.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2019, 11:49:22 AM »
80% of NFL players are bankrupt within 2 years of retirement.  If he spends money like this on his lineman imagine what he spends on himself, hommies, baby mommas and kids.  Don't forget taxes.

I doubt the 80% are based on spending, and moreso of lack of employment after, and not getting $ anywhere close to what Jackson got.

Investing in your linemen is smart business anyway, and could lead to even bigger $.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2019, 12:01:21 PM »

It's a common practice for skill position players to reward their O-linemen.  I don't think this says anything about his fiscal responsibility.  If he's banging out kids with multiple women, hanging out at clubs all night, and spending his money on personal bling, then you'll have a point. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2019, 02:59:08 AM »
I doubt the 80% are based on spending, and moreso of lack of employment after, and not getting $ anywhere close to what Jackson got.

Investing in your linemen is smart business anyway, and could lead to even bigger $.
Lack of employment after????  A person making millions should never have to work again!