Author Topic: Lamar Jackson is 2019 MVP  (Read 57894 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Lamar Jackson is Vince Young 2.0
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 12:12:56 PM »
You are the first person I've ever heard claim "many people" believe Vince Young was the greatest player in college football history.  Nonsense.  Outside of the USC game, Vince really didn't touch what Jackson accomplished at Louisville.   

Wait, you're using a player's draft position to determine whether a player was a stud college player?  That is laugh out loud funny.  In the Niners thread you're trying to claim there is no reasonable dispute that Brady is the GOAT. The same Brady who was drafted in the 6th round.  lol  Yeah those "NFL guys" are all over it.   lol

of course i'm the first because you clearly don't pay attention to anybody's thoughts outside of your own

outside of the usc game?  ah dude you do realize that was the national title game against a usc team espn was comparing to the best teams of all time?  what jackson won the heisman?  everybody knows vince should've won and jackson's competition was no reggie bush

the draft position means the nfl thought young was better, we are comparing them as college players

let me know when jackson wins 5 super bowls so we can compare him to brady being a 6th rounder, heck both were better college players than brady it's a different game

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 04:52:47 PM »
of course i'm the first because you clearly don't pay attention to anybody's thoughts outside of your own

outside of the usc game?  ah dude you do realize that was the national title game against a usc team espn was comparing to the best teams of all time?  what jackson won the heisman?  everybody knows vince should've won and jackson's competition was no reggie bush

the draft position means the nfl thought young was better, we are comparing them as college players

let me know when jackson wins 5 super bowls so we can compare him to brady being a 6th rounder, heck both were better college players than brady it's a different game

E

::)

Draft position is pretty meaningless.  Where was Russell Wilson drafted?  Why didn't Pat Mahomes go no. 1 overall?  Why was Alex Smith taken first overall and Aaron Rogers late in the first of the same draft?  Yeah those "NFL guys" are money.   ::)  

In any event, give me a link or identify the "many people" you are talking about who said Vince Young was the greatest player in college football history.  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 07:32:28 PM »

Draft position is pretty meaningless.  Where was Russell Wilson drafted?  Why didn't Pat Mahomes go no. 1 overall?  Why was Alex Smith taken first overall and Aaron Rogers late in the first of the same draft?  Yeah those "NFL guys" are money.   ::)  

In any event, give me a link or identify the "many people" you are talking about who said Vince Young was the greatest player in college football history.  

so you're going to use the few exceptions to the rule to prove your point?  for every russel wilson there are dozens of nate peterman's

i gave you one name, lloyd carr a national champion and has coached with and against some amazing players including coaching tom brady, what coincidence michigan fell into mediocrity when he was forced into retirement

also FS1 analyst joel klatt said the same thing on speak for yourself

they said he was the best college qb they ever saw

now who other than you said jackson was better?

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 01:29:10 PM »
so you're going to use the few exceptions to the rule to prove your point?  for every russel wilson there are dozens of nate peterman's

i gave you one name, lloyd carr a national champion and has coached with and against some amazing players including coaching tom brady, what coincidence michigan fell into mediocrity when he was forced into retirement

also FS1 analyst joel klatt said the same thing on speak for yourself

they said he was the best college qb they ever saw

now who other than you said jackson was better?

E

It's not a few exceptions and there is no rule.  Those "NFL guys" are wrong every year.  They get a lot right, but miss horribly in every draft.  You are the one who used draft position to support an argument that Vince Young was a great QB.  Horrible argument. 

Wait, you give me two names?  You said this:

many people have said vince young is the best college player they ever saw, i know lloyd carr is one

i take him over jackson in college every day of the week, jason white had great college numbers too and he won the heisman, numbers aren't everything

E

Who are the "many people"?   You have given me two names. 

I don't have names of anyone saying Lamar Jackson was the "best college player they ever saw."  But I haven't looked for them, and he's not the best college player I've ever seen anyway.  That is Barry Sanders as I already stated. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 03:09:08 PM »
It's not a few exceptions and there is no rule.  Those "NFL guys" are wrong every year.  They get a lot right, but miss horribly in every draft.  You are the one who used draft position to support an argument that Vince Young was a great QB.  Horrible argument. 

Wait, you give me two names?  You said this:

Who are the "many people"?   You have given me two names. 

I don't have names of anyone saying Lamar Jackson was the "best college player they ever saw."  But I haven't looked for them, and he's not the best college player I've ever seen anyway.  That is Barry Sanders as I already stated. 

young was a great college qb, that is not debatable

he was drafted much higher than jackson and was rated higher than jackson as a prospect, as evidenced by his draft spot

you haven't looked because you know they don't exist, you argue for the sake of arguing

and i'm not naming every single nobody i've heard say young was the best college qb they ever saw, i gave two names and that's two more than you can name for jackson

yes the nfl is wrong all the time, i promise they will be wrong about jackson too, he makes young sound like a rocket scientist

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2019, 06:10:33 PM »
young was a great college qb, that is not debatable

he was drafted much higher than jackson and was rated higher than jackson as a prospect, as evidenced by his draft spot

you haven't looked because you know they don't exist, you argue for the sake of arguing

and i'm not naming every single nobody i've heard say young was the best college qb they ever saw, i gave two names and that's two more than you can name for jackson

yes the nfl is wrong all the time, i promise they will be wrong about jackson too, he makes young sound like a rocket scientist

E

Draft position is irrelevant, but that's clearly going over your head.  

I'm not looking for something you pulled out of your rear end.  YOU are the one making the comparison.  I frankly don't give a rip.  I was just asking you to support the claim you made about "many people" who say Vince Young was the best college football player in history, which is obviously exaggerated.

I have no idea if Jackson will be a great pro, but then again I'm a mature adult who is capable of keeping an open mind.  I would never make a promise about something that is completely outside of my control and based on factors that I could not possibly predict.    

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 05:34:28 PM »
Draft position is irrelevant, but that's clearly going over your head.  

I'm not looking for something you pulled out of your rear end.  YOU are the one making the comparison.  I frankly don't give a rip.  I was just asking you to support the claim you made about "many people" who say Vince Young was the best college football player in history, which is obviously exaggerated.

I have no idea if Jackson will be a great pro, but then again I'm a mature adult who is capable of keeping an open mind.  I would never make a promise about something that is completely outside of my control and based on factors that I could not possibly predict.    

it's not irrelevant in a conversation of two similar college players, vince was drafted much higher which means he was considered a better player by the people that get paid to know

i gave you two names you would know of, why bother listing a bunch of names you won't know?  ok john smith said he was the best college qb he ever saw ::)

a mature adult would be confident enough to make a proper assessment on a players abilities, sorry you can't relate

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
it's not irrelevant in a conversation of two similar college players, vince was drafted much higher which means he was considered a better player by the people that get paid to know

i gave you two names you would know of, why bother listing a bunch of names you won't know?  ok john smith said he was the best college qb he ever saw ::)

a mature adult would be confident enough to make a proper assessment on a players abilities, sorry you can't relate

E

The fact you think you can predict, with certainty, how an NFL career will turn out says all we need to know.  

Also, there are many things that dictate draft position:  ability, production, conference, off-the-field issues, measurables, combine performance, private workouts, who else is in the draft at the player's position, etc.  More reasons why draft position does not dictate whether a player is or will be a great player.  

I remember when JaMarcus Russell was drafted first overall, in large part because of his measurables and the fact he could throw a football nearly the length of the field from knees.   ::)  I can't believe I'm even debating this.   :-\  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 07:56:05 PM »
The fact you think you can predict, with certainty, how an NFL career will turn out says all we need to know.  

Also, there are many things that dictate draft position:  ability, production, conference, off-the-field issues, measurables, combine performance, private workouts, who else is in the draft at the player's position, etc.  More reasons why draft position does not dictate whether a player is or will be a great player.  

I remember when JaMarcus Russell was drafted first overall, in large part because of his measurables and the fact he could throw a football nearly the length of the field from knees.   ::)  I can't believe I'm even debating this.   :-\  

when a QB needs a high school offense, isn't an accurate passer, seems to have the IQ of a potato, and his biggest weapon is his legs yes i can predict how his career will turn out, he has zero qualities of a long term franchise QB

young was the same way but he was the better prospect coming out of college

i could've told you jamarcus would bust too, he was not the same type of qb as jackson and young their only similarity is being black

i can't believe you are debating this either because you clearly no shit, maybe you should shut up

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »
when a QB needs a high school offense, isn't an accurate passer, seems to have the IQ of a potato, and his biggest weapon is his legs yes i can predict how his career will turn out, he has zero qualities of a long term franchise QB

young was the same way but he was the better prospect coming out of college

i could've told you jamarcus would bust too, he was not the same type of qb as jackson and young their only similarity is being black

i can't believe you are debating this either because you clearly no shit, maybe you should shut up

E

Your predictions and your communication skills are juvenile.  What are you 12 years old??   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »
Your predictions and your communication skills are juvenile.  What are you 12 years old??   

haha you are so owned 8)

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 11:19:25 AM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 05:59:23 PM »
I’m excited to see what he can do this year, but am cautious with the optimism. I figure they get a few years out of him and he doesn’t make it past the end of his rookie deal.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »
Playing very well for the first half of this game. Had Hollywood Brown riding the bench on my FFB team. Didn’t play him because I knew it was a homer pick. But...

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »
Playing very well for the first half of this game. Had Hollywood Brown riding the bench on my FFB team. Didn’t play him because I knew it was a homer pick. But...

Played excellent and was voted AFC player of the week. I'm not sold on Lamar being an upper tier quarterback just yet....But he's only 22 years old with a lot of upside.

And for those people that think he's stupid, based on the way he talks....he's a country boy from deep south. Loads of smart, successful people living down that way talk with that sharp southern drawl. I've said it once and I'll say it again. You CANNOT be stupid and have a successful NFL career, especially not at the QB position. Lamar looks like he's going to be a good one but it's still too early to really tell. I worry about his fumbling the most.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 10:17:21 AM »
Played excellent and was voted AFC player of the week. I'm not sold on Lamar being an upper tier quarterback just yet....But he's only 22 years old with a lot of upside.

And for those people that think he's stupid, based on the way he talks....he's a country boy from deep south. Loads of smart, successful people living down that way talk with that sharp southern drawl. I've said it once and I'll say it again. You CANNOT be stupid and have a successful NFL career, especially not at the QB position. Lamar looks like he's going to be a good one but it's still too early to really tell. I worry about his fumbling the most.
90% of the players in the NFL are stupid.  To piss through millions like they do is very stupid.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 12:43:06 PM »
90% of the players in the NFL are stupid.  To piss through millions like they do is very stupid.

I'm equating intelligence with the ability to perform on the field. Pick up an NFL playbook and flip through it one time, if given the chance. Besides, I know plenty of smart people who are not good with money.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 12:55:22 PM »
I'm equating intelligence with the ability to perform on the field. Pick up an NFL playbook and flip through it one time, if given the chance. Besides, I know plenty of smart people who are not good with money.
They have put all of their time and energy into football so of course they will know plays in a playbook which are basically the same with every team just terminology is different.  I used to live in Vegas and met many former and current pro athletes and most are dumb as stumps.  Smart people do not piss away millions with no thought of the future.  One of the tells of an unintelligent person is the lack of future thinking and impulsive decision making.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »
They have put all of their time and energy into football so of course they will know plays in a playbook which are basically the same with every team just terminology is different.  I used to live in Vegas and met many former and current pro athletes and most are dumb as stumps.  Smart people do not piss away millions with no thought of the future.  One of the tells of an unintelligent person is the lack of future thinking and impulsive decision making.

Ok, anyway....Lamar Jackson isn't dumb.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 07:55:33 PM »
Very impressive start. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2019, 04:11:20 PM »
"Baltimore quarterback Lamar Jackson led the charge and became the first player in the Super Bowl era to amass more than 200 yards passing and at least 150 yards rushing in a regular season game. Jackson completed 21 of 33 pass attempts for 236 yards. He also had 19 carries for 152 yards rushing with a touchdown."

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/ravens-bengals-what-we-learned/

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2019, 09:56:37 AM »
Lamar is special. He's only 22 years old and only going to get better. His performance against Seattle was a statement game. I always worry about him taking hits while running the ball but man....he is so fast in the open field. And to see it live as opposed to watching it on TV....Crazy fast. Not to mention that he is a good person, a good kid. Humble and always hard working. I love the future of my Ravens moving forward...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2019, 10:48:56 AM »
Lamar is special. He's only 22 years old and only going to get better. His performance against Seattle was a statement game. I always worry about him taking hits while running the ball but man....he is so fast in the open field. And to see it live as opposed to watching it on TV....Crazy fast. Not to mention that he is a good person, a good kid. Humble and always hard working. I love the future of my Ravens moving forward...
Runs too much.  Will end up like RG3 and other running QB's who start breaking down physically.  He is good right now but he will not be doing this 2-3 years from now.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2019, 03:11:23 PM »

Just beat NE this year.
Y

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2019, 08:03:27 AM »
Runs too much.  Will end up like RG3 and other running QB's who start breaking down physically.  He is good right now but he will not be doing this 2-3 years from now.

I somewhat agree. I cringe sometimes when he takes off and chooses to run between the tackles. But he's more electrifying in the open field than Vick or RG3 ever was. If he stays healthy, he definitely will run for 1200 yards or more this season.