Author Topic: Toxic Girl Friendships  (Read 4641 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Toxic Girl Friendships
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 03:15:58 PM »
I think Linda is correct on this. It boils down to insecurity & low self-esteem. That's the only reason I can think of that would make someone want to make a move on another woman's man. (That and an intense hatred). I could never understand it myself. I can never date a guy that I know has dated a friend. As for female friends, the only female friends I have are strong, independant women with their own sense of who they are. I don't have time for petty, jealous, insecure women, ...and you can smell those a mile away. Working in films, you kind of get a sense for who they are and what they're like, ...always comparing themselves to you or any other woman within 3 feet of them. no thanks. overall, I think women's friendships are much healthier than men's friendships. Although when guys bond, they really bond ...'cause men just aren't use to lettings themselves feel close to another man.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »
ta babes.  I've just got back from the weekend.

I don't do toxic girl friendships, I don't do hangovers, I don't do painkillers.

I just do nice & try to be right on.

sometimes I'm funny
I always stick up for myself and everyone else.

I've got one amazing girlfriend I just spent the weekend with.  She's got a hubby and a 13 year old daughter.  They all fight and I mediated.  I've spent my entire life bringing out the best in people.  That's what I do.

xL

gonna scroll.  I've missed you did i miss anything?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »
But I arrived back from the manic family in the country (I thought i was manic) to London and my lovely upstairs neighbour welcomes me home and says look the place is safe.  Fine, I knew it would be.  She's 22 and has lived here like 3-5 and I've lived here for 15.

She says she has a problem with the TV license people and I say but I've paid mine and I live on the ground floor and they're no way gonna get upstairs to yours, you could just throw your telly out the window (I have an issue about this, I think the BBC TV license is worth the £131 a year.

I'll tell this story again later, she thought it was because she's black.  I said it's a TV license & I've got one.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 10:17:53 AM »
I think Linda is correct on this. It boils down to insecurity & low self-esteem. That's the only reason I can think of that would make someone want to make a move on another woman's man. (That and an intense hatred). I could never understand it myself. I can never date a guy that I know has dated a friend. As for female friends, the only female friends I have are strong, independant women with their own sense of who they are. I don't have time for petty, jealous, insecure women, ...and you can smell those a mile away. Working in films, you kind of get a sense for who they are and what they're like, ...always comparing themselves to you or any other woman within 3 feet of them. no thanks. overall, I think women's friendships are much healthier than men's friendships. Although when guys bond, they really bond ...'cause men just aren't use to lettings themselves feel close to another man.

so do I.  (I so agree)...   I used to give my girlfriends my ex's.  They all loved me for it.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »
wanna do a thread about toxic male friendships?