Author Topic: Y board play by play  (Read 35850 times)

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Y board play by play
« Reply #475 on: January 15, 2008, 01:37:47 PM »
if you could do it all over again would you ever gone to afghanistan?

In  a second.

Jason

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #476 on: January 15, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
In  a second.

Jason

The mark of a true hero. This is one "Real American Hero". Motherfucking G.I. Jason.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #477 on: January 15, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
In  a second.

Jason

but dont you feel you got lucky and you might as well been killed in that attack and yet you wouldnt hesitate to take the risk again?

Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #478 on: January 15, 2008, 01:46:32 PM »
Honestly, I dont feel it was an inappropriate comment at all.  I think alot of people are taking what he said out of context, at least the way I understood it.  But, it takes alot to get under my skin as well.  I understood him to be along the same line of thought I am.  He was shocked by the fact that it happened, but was severely turned off, as I was, by all the bandwagon patriotism that followed immediately after.  That to me was absolutely infuriating.  My view on this is narrow minded, but there CANNOT BE such a thing as a fair weather patriot and then have people honestly expect this country to stand as a world superpower.  Not to put words into his mouth (fingers?) but that was my take on what he was saying.  My apologies if this seems a jumbled mess, but the deprynl has my mind doing 1000000 things at the same time.

Jason   
a lot of people talked the talk about doing something after 9/11 but big Jason actually had the nuts to REALLY do something and went and served his country, much respect to him.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #479 on: January 15, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »
a lot of people talked the talk about doing something after 9/11 but big Jason actually had the nuts to REALLY do something and went and served his country, much respect to him.

so what was it he did exactly? i missed the radio show
Z

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #480 on: January 15, 2008, 01:59:05 PM »
So JP that was that the only reason you joined?

You seem like a real cool guy but the way some guys here were kissing your ass and calling you a "hero"......well come on. I give you much respect but i consider my neighbor with the cripple 27 yr old son that she brought back to life after he drowned more of a hero then you.........It was your choice to join and I respect that and also  I'm sorry bout your arm but even you have to admit all the ass kissing has to feel kind of gay.....no?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #481 on: January 15, 2008, 02:06:01 PM »

You seem like a real cool guy but the way some guys here were kissing your ass and calling you a "hero"......well come on. I give you much respect but i consider my neighbor with the cripple 27 yr old son that she brought back to life after he drowned more of a hero then you.........It was your choice to join and I respect that and also  I'm sorry bout your arm but even you have to admit all the ass kissing has to feel kind of gay.....no?

Damn right they're also a hero... I don't know if I'd say "more of one", but definitely a hero.

Heroism takes all kinds of forms and while one may or may not be front page news... Neither of the acts are diminished in my eyes.

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #482 on: January 15, 2008, 02:08:14 PM »

How do we know he didn't join the military just to pay for college.  Same reason I stayed with ROTC (back in the 90's)

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: January 15, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
Damn right they're also a hero... I don't know if I'd say "more of one", but definitely a hero.

Heroism takes all kinds of forms and while one may or may not be front page news... Neither of the acts are diminished in my eyes.
Yeah I hope what i wrote doesn't come out like I'm an asshole.

Is he a hero to his wife and kids damn right, but man he made it home and a lot of kids don't and that is what sucks.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #484 on: January 15, 2008, 02:11:03 PM »
Yeah I hope what i wrote doesn't come out like I'm an asshole.

Is he a hero to his wife and kids damn right, but man he made it home and a lot of kids don't and that is what sucks.

I don't disagree with that either... I hate the fact that these kids are over in another country dying in the middle of a fucking sandbox... I'd say that nothing pisses me off more right now than that.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #485 on: January 15, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »

How about fathers that don't go to afghanistan but stay home work 2 jobs to put food on the table for their kids and making sure they'll be alive and well to watch them grow up? does that qualify as heroism?

Z

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: January 15, 2008, 02:13:25 PM »
I don't disagree with that either... I hate the fact that these kids are over in another country dying in the middle of a fucking sandbox... I'd say that nothing pisses me off more right now than that.
Fuck my 15 yr old has been talking about joining the military for the past 3 yrs..........I'm doing everything I can to make sure he doesn't.

I don't need to bury my kid before I die.fuck that.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #487 on: January 15, 2008, 02:15:28 PM »
How about fathers that don't go to afghanistan but stay home work 2 jobs to put food on the table for their kids and making sure they'll be alive and well to watch them grow up? does that qualify as heroism?

To their kids maybe... I'd say that if you're a father, that it's your JOB.

I know it's mine.

Fuck my 15 yr old has been talking about joining the military for the past 3 yrs..........I'm doing everything I can to make sure he doesn't.

That's the one thing I want to make sure of... They see me die... Not the other way around.

I'll try to talk my kid out of it as well, but if he makes a choice to do it, I won't stand in his way... I will respect his decision, wish him well, and say godspeed for his safe return.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #488 on: January 15, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »

show him the pics of jasons arm, then you alter his post where he says he would do it again to that in no way in hell would he do it again  :D
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #489 on: January 15, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »
fuck respect a kids decision. recent science studies shows people arent mentally developed until they're 25... which explains a few posters on here  ;D
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #490 on: January 15, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »
To their kids maybe... I'd say that if you're a father, that it's your JOB.

I know it's mine.

but if thats your job you get rid of that job when you join the army

all of a sudden you put yourself at danger and isnt there for your kids

what kinda hero to your kids are you then?
Z

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #491 on: January 15, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »
but if thats your job you get rid of that job when you join the army

all of a sudden you put yourself at danger and isnt there for your kids

what kinda hero to your kids are you then?

You're still supporting them... just in a different way.

When it comes to raising kids, you always make a sacrifice... Some are different.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #492 on: January 16, 2008, 10:17:23 AM »
Thanks for listening boyees.

I didn't know there was a play-by-play here. We'll definitely have JPegg back for Part II: Combat. Just like Full Metal Jacket had the second part.

I also have to upload the Pulp Fiction clip where the lil taco says "Butch, what is it like to keel a man?"
BigNationRadio.com

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #493 on: January 16, 2008, 11:33:14 AM »

I didn't know there was a play-by-play here. We'll definitely have JPegg back for Part II: Combat. Just like Full Metal Jacket had the second part.

I also have to upload the Pulp Fiction clip where the lil taco says "Butch, what is it like to keel a man?"

"well, I didn't know he was dead until you told me"

GREAT fking movie.  I just watched it last week after giving it a rest for a couple years.

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #494 on: January 16, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »

No it wasnt the only reason I joined.  I was kind of stuck.  I was working two ok jobs, making good money for a 21 year old kid, but nothing I would consider career worthy.  I was also looking for money for school, and I wanted to serve my country.  As for teh gayness, it is hard to explain. I appreicate the support and the well wishes more than most realize, but at the same time, it makes me a bit uncomfortable.  Not in a bad way, but in a way that Im just not real sure how to deal with.  As Ive said before, its mainly sementaster and bluto that do the gaying up around here.

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #495 on: January 16, 2008, 12:35:03 PM »
How do we know he didn't join the military just to pay for college.  Same reason I stayed with ROTC (back in the 90's)

NOt the only reason, but a part of it.  Honestly, it was more of a bonus for me than a reason to join.

Jason

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: January 16, 2008, 01:38:57 PM »

"what does Butch mean?" i'm American baby, our names don't mean shit" ;D

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: January 16, 2008, 03:37:32 PM »
No it wasnt the only reason I joined.  I was kind of stuck.  I was working two ok jobs, making good money for a 21 year old kid, but nothing I would consider career worthy.  I was also looking for money for school, and I wanted to serve my country.  As for teh gayness, it is hard to explain. I appreicate the support and the well wishes more than most realize, but at the same time, it makes me a bit uncomfortable.  Not in a bad way, but in a way that Im just not real sure how to deal with.  As Ive said before, its mainly sementaster and bluto that do the gaying up around here.

Jason
Word!...........You seem and sound like a guy guy.

I use to work for my dads company hauling steel in and out of Indiana.

Is munster near Gary?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #498 on: January 16, 2008, 04:28:48 PM »
i lived in Indiana when i was a kid, small town 35 miles west of Lafayette, IN, right near the Illinois border.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: January 16, 2008, 05:24:40 PM »
i lived in Indiana when i was a kid, small town 35 miles west of Lafayette, IN, right near the Illinois border.
My first fuck was with a girl from south bend.

Man did that hoosier teach me a thing or 2 ;D