Author Topic: Evolution  (Read 4001 times)

spinnis

Re: Evolution
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »
While I'm an atheist, I believe religion is a good thing.  Think of all the sub-average intelligence individuals out there that believe in god and try to live a good life so they will go to heaven.  Without that ultimate incentive, do you doubt these same people would wreck havoc on society now that they know this is all there is?

I agree with that religion can sometimes actually be a good thing.

Doesn't mean that it happened though,

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
While I'm an atheist, I believe religion is a good thing.  Think of all the sub-average intelligence individuals out there that believe in god and try to live a good life so they will go to heaven.  Without that ultimate incentive, do you doubt these same people would wreck havoc on society now that they know this is all there is?

1) Most of those people fail (99 % of christians for example)

2) What if they lose the faith? They have nothing.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »
Im saying evolution happened and there is more then enough evidence to convince anyone that aint retarded.

If we stay within the realm of science, your statement does not comply with the rules of science. If a new scientific theory came along which would prove that evolution theory (or parts of it) is wrong, evolution theory must be abandoned by science. It happened over and over again in almost every scientific field there is. Retarded was the position of people who held on e.g. to Newtonian physics when Einsteins theories had already proved it wrong. But even if evolution theory holds true until the end of time, it's still a theory bound by the restrictions of science and cannot provide any insight beyond those boundaries.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
Dear Swede,

14000+ posts and still nothing worth while to say. Your life= pathetic
X

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
Dear Swede,

14000+ posts and still nothing worth while to say. Your life= pathetic

I was wondering when people would begin to see this.

Over 14000 posts for a 25 year old says: No Social Life, No Girl Friend, No Faith Based System, No Belief In God, No Job what So Ever... Swede screams of psychopathic abnormalities like the guy who shot up the health club.

Step away from the computer Swede and GET A LIFE, GET A JOB and GET REAL!!!
C

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 12:27:35 PM »
If a new scientific theory came along...

Until then... ;)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 12:28:28 PM »
O-oh, the Jesus squad attacks with full force!

spinnis

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 12:29:42 PM »
O-oh, the Jesus squad attacks with full force!

hes black.

Black people have strong faith  ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »
If we stay within the realm of science, your statement does not comply with the rules of science. If a new scientific theory came along which would prove that evolution theory (or parts of it) is wrong, evolution theory must be abandoned by science. It happened over and over again in almost every scientific field there is. Retarded was the position of people who held on e.g. to Newtonian physics when Einsteins theories had already proved it wrong. But even if evolution theory holds true until the end of time, it's still a theory bound by the restrictions of science and cannot provide any insight beyond those boundaries.

umm evolution is a fact, the theory of evolution is the framework to explain this fact with evidence. So you are right going against the evidence as per your example is retarded, thats why creationists, people who do not believe in evolution are retarded.

what can provide insight? theology.... nope.. philosophy... sure its another way of examining reality but science is the closing thing to reality imo. objective evidence not relying on a single person is reality.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
the Old Testament (Torah) contains more spiritual truth than literal truth

was the universe created by God? Yes.

did it happen the way it's described in Genesis? No.

as for religion and evolution; the two are not mutually exclusive

spinnis

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »
was the universe created by God? Yes.

you think a dude was able to create earth but didn't think about leaving someconclusive evidence of it? lol

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2009, 12:45:50 PM »
what constitutes "conclusive evidence" in your mind?

"God wuz here" carved into a rock?

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 12:50:08 PM »
I love at all the know-it-alls hanging out on a bodybuilding website. I've never seen more dysfunctional genius's in one spot. And Swede, I have to say, is a major loser. Sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure you already know.

spinnis

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2009, 12:51:41 PM »
I love at all the know-it-alls hanging out on a bodybuilding website. I've never seen more dysfunctional genius's in one spot. And Swede, I have to say, is a major loser. Sorry dude, but I'm pretty sure you already know.

"top dawg" another black person that ive hurt with my humor? haha

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 12:52:55 PM »

Something people could agree on? Hahaha will never happen.  ;D :P

spinnis

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

"God did dis shit, ya dig!!"

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »

That was funny PBJ...I think the GOD WAS HERE message is written on top of SINAI. That was the third tablet Moses brought down to show the Israelites...but he had to return it for latter times when others (or swede) would ask "give us a sign GOD created the earth"...
C

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
"top dawg" another black person that ive hurt with my humor? haha
Not even close.  Nice try though.  Aside from the topic at hand, you seriously need a life.

spinnis

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 12:58:20 PM »
Not even close.  Nice try though.  Aside from the topic at hand, you seriously need a life.

yes I cant help stand fucking, making money and posting on gb, PLEASE HELP.

OH BROTHER  ::) hahaha

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »

Well we all know you are ADDICTED to posting on GB...so far as women and MONEY we all know you have and get  none of either... ;D ;D ;D
C

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »

Ha Ha......ok tough guy......we all believe that.   I don't post much but I'm here often and I can see u climbing the ladder to one of the major douches who needs to get dressed and get out for some air.  

spinnis

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2009, 01:03:38 PM »
Well we all know you are ADDICTED to posting on GB...so far as women and MONEY we all know you have and get  none of either... ;D ;D ;D

But I actually do =)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

You are pitiful if this makes you feel better about yourself...

spinnis

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2009, 01:05:11 PM »
Ha Ha......ok tough guy......we all believe that.   I don't post much but I'm here often and I can see u climbing the ladder to one of the major douches who needs to get dressed and get out for some air.  

yes you know all about me "dawg" lol.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2009, 01:09:32 PM »
yes you know all about me "dawg" lol.
Impossible to know all about you. Just saying...the way you come accross on these boards, the time you spend here, etc. ........it's highly unlikely.  You have plenty of company in the anonymous world of the internet.