Author Topic: Evolution  (Read 4013 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Evolution
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »
I compare the existence of God to that of love

we can't physically see love, but we know that it exists

we see people in love, we observe selfless acts of love, and most of all, we  feel love

the same is true of God

even though we can't see Him standing in front of us does not mean He does not exist

you can see God in the beauty of His creations, the complexities of the universe, people using their God-given talents to make beautiful things and improve the lives of others . . . but most importantly, you can feel God too if you open yourself to Him and allow Him into your life

unfortunately, watching videos of extreme violence and people dying can make all of that quite difficult . . .

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
we can't physically see love

Yes we can.  ::)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »
Impossible to know all about you. Just saying...the way you come accross on these boards, the time you spend here, etc. ........it's highly unlikely.  You have plenty of company in the anonymous world of the internet.

What's the big deal about the time he spends here? It's his to kill and he's no different than anyone else who spends a lot of time doing something they like, to chill, like watching TV. It's not like you and most other people spend every moment of your time trying to save the planet or split the atom.

Besides, you can learn a lot here about things from human nature to the latest news, all while being entertained and being able to participate in it. I'd say Swede is better off than all those guys who spend hours every week, watching things like MTV or American Idol or god knows what.

spinnis

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2009, 01:17:22 PM »
What's the big deal about the time he spends here? It's his to kill and he's no different than anyone else who spends a lot of time doing something they like, to chill, like watching TV. It's not like you and most other people spend every moment of your time trying to save the planet or split the atom.

Besides, you can learn a lot here about things from human nature to the latest news, all while being entertained and being able to participate in it. I'd say Swede is better off than all those guys who spend hours every week, watching things like MTV or American Idol or god knows what.

Exactly.

Impossible to get a job right now so inbetween workouts and meals on weekdays I like spending time here. If I dont watch a movie at night with a girl.
I usually do that on weekends though, even though people dont want to believe it lol. But tonight im not haha.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

Yeah television nowadays absolutely melts your brain...

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2009, 01:24:11 PM »
Everybody jumpin all over Swede. Tryin to keep the white man down.  ;D

spinnis

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
Everybody jumpin all over Swede. Tryin to keep the white man down.  ;D

been through dis this shit all my life homie  ;D ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 01:56:37 PM »
umm evolution is a fact, the theory of evolution is the framework to explain this fact with evidence. So you are right going against the evidence as per your example is retarded, thats why creationists, people who do not believe in evolution are retarded.

what can provide insight? theology.... nope.. philosophy... sure its another way of examining reality but science is the closing thing to reality imo. objective evidence not relying on a single person is reality.

Science produces theories, never facts. but as I said that's beside the point.
Of course theology and philosphy provides insight that goes far beyond the scope of science, but that's just by definition alone.
Pure science is not concerned about reality at all.
I agree on the creationist part though.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 02:01:43 PM »
Exactly.

Impossible to get a job right now so inbetween workouts and meals on weekdays I like spending time here. If I dont watch a movie at night with a girl.
I usually do that on weekends though, even though people dont want to believe it lol. But tonight im not haha.

You're still very young and you'll figure it out. Don't waste your time trying to justify what you do with your time or what you like / dislike, to other people. Your life is your own to do whatever the hell you want with it, as long as you don't go harming others through your actions ;)

spinnis

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2009, 02:03:17 PM »
You're still very young and you'll figure it out. Don't waste your time trying to justify what you do with your time or what you like / dislike, to other people. Your life is your own to do whatever the hell you want with it, as long as you don't go harming others with your actions ;)

I though I would response Once lol. I dont care if they like me or not haha.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 02:08:41 PM »
Everybody jumpin all over Swede. Tryin to keep the white man down;D

He does a good job at ...all by himself
C

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »
Science produces theories, never facts. but as I said that's beside the point.
Of course theology and philosphy provides insight that goes far beyond the scope of science, but that's just by definition alone.
Pure science is not concerned about reality at all.
I agree on the creationist part though.

you must be out of your mind? theology is a waste of breath, what scope does it even have?

science is measuring and testing the objective. the objective is more real then the mind, as you are prone to all kinds of issues due to distortion, see schzotypicals.

science discovers facts if you prefer..

fact (fkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 04:47:41 PM »
you must be out of your mind? theology is a waste of breath, what scope does it even have?

science is measuring and testing the objective. the objective is more real then the mind, as you are prone to all kinds of issues due to distortion, see schzotypicals.

fact (fkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
a. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.

not so fast. . .science requires observation.  observation is done by humans.  as humans we are naturally flawed beings.  so, science can be flawed as well.  there is nothing that is truly objective.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2009, 04:54:44 PM »
not so fast. . .science requires observation.  observation is done by humans.  as humans we are naturally flawed beings.  so, science can be flawed as well.  there is nothing that is truly objective.

So we must conclude everything/nothing is possible, nothing/everything exists etc? That wouldn't lead us anywhere.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »
So we must conclude everything/nothing is possible, nothing/everything exists etc? That wouldn't lead us anywhere.

exactly, we have start with assumptions and axioms otherwise it is pointless.

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
having religion is not a good thing either. it is the start of many wars and teaches people that if i do something wrong and i close my eyes hard enough and tell god i am sorry then all is well.

the bible is base on much older "stories" but as a whole we do not follow any of texts pre dating the bible.
i can not wrap my head around that either. our flood story crushes your floodstory because our movie has charlton heston in it :P thus making ours truer!

then when i new book is found dating to the time of the bible and we do not agree with it, it gets cast out by religious communities as not of god's word.

smeh, religion just not for me

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 10:46:00 PM »
 Albert and Charles were beyond genius...

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2009, 11:08:25 PM »
Not to knock you or anything swede, I think you're a great poster. 

But you're lucky evolution and natural selection aren't played out every day in our society, you're ass would be dead.

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »
Albert and Charles were beyond genius...

albert beckles and charles glass?

far from it my friend

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »

Everything there is.

fact (fkt)
n.

The "objective" of science is a scientific model. Within this scope, you are right. It just must not be confused with an "objective reality", something science can say absolutely nothing about. When you talk about an "objective" that goes beyond what science is allowed to talk about, you are a philosopher. In this case there is no way you can come to the conclusions above using scientific methods.

But we discussed this in detail already, as you may remember.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=198162.0

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2009, 11:20:33 PM »
HAHA, RON.....

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »
And on the 7th day, God created thongs......

No doubt about it...

11venthhour

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2009, 11:27:33 PM »
.....then ronnie behind him in the back double bi in the evening show!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2009, 11:29:35 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2009, 11:35:01 PM »
god as most people think of it is not real.

god, if menaing some general term for an overpowering force throughout all of existance, that some how shapes the course of history..     sure i can kind of see this.

i think people do have some kind of intellectual "spirit" totally seperate from their physical manifestations....

that being said i hate bible pushers and wanna-be moralists