Author Topic: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List  (Read 41630 times)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: 2009 Australian Pro GP IX - Update - Athlete List
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2009, 02:54:49 PM »
It's all looking pretty ugly for the Aussie Pro's longevity right now.

Many unanswered questions.

Someone within this sport must stand up and tell the truth on The Greek.....it is an absolute disgrace!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »
Someone within this sport must stand up and tell the truth on The Greek.....it is an absolute disgrace!

give it a rest.  the IFBB can and does invite anyone they want.  Just look at the Santa Susana Pro.   

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
The recent events surrounding The Greek have 'again' placed a dark and forboding cloud over the sport.

At the end of the day, it is about truth and credibility.  Without these values the competition as we know it is totally meaningless.

T.D continues to fall silent on The Greek.  And to quote and overused cliche 'his silence speaks volumes'

The question remains; '' Will the Aussie Pro ever recover after this Greek-debacle???''

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »
Who cares. Call him a wild card. I'm sure if you are good enough they would allow you to compete

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2009, 05:00:30 PM »
How many of the Australian Pro show Judges were IFBB card holders also how many were Not Australian or from NZ.??Seems Mr Doghery does NOT want to disclose this information.What's to hide???

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »
the problem with all this faux outrage over trivial matters is that it takes away from legitimate grips.  of all the problems with pro bodybuilding, that someone stepped on stage that wasn't quite pro caliber is really pretty insignificant. 

where was your outrage regarding Jocelyn Pelletier ?

Oh, I forgot.  You never participate in actual discussions.

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »
Tim you are Not that stupid Jocelyn won his Pro card unlike this Gift from his Promoter mate.But you know all things BB so can you tell us all here if all the Judges at the Australian Pro show were Current IFBB Pro Judging card holders.You do know they must Hold Current IFBB Judging cards just as the Pros do.It's just a question.The Greek Officials are the ones who want to know more about the Gift of a IFBB card.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2009, 06:04:15 PM »
Tim you are Not that stupid Jocelyn won his Pro card unlike this Gift from his Promoter mate.

Jocelyn couldn't win a local Grand Masters contest, but continued to be invited to the Ironman and Montreal Pro.  That's ok in that the IFBB can invite anyone they want.   Lots of examples in the Santa Susana Pro

But you know all things BB so can you tell us all here if all the Judges at the Australian Pro show were

I am an outsider.  I have no contacts inside the IFBB Pro League.

The Greek Officials are the ones who want to know more about the Gift of a IFBB card.

why should they care?   the amateur IFBB is a non-profit organization.  the pro IFBB is a for profit business.

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2009, 06:32:39 AM »
Tim not many here would call you an outsider when it comes to BB or facts.Your point is well taken it just seems Promoters can name call and say what they want around here and everybody believes what they Type like 20 competitors only to end up with two more than 7 judges 9 competitors.Now that is the TRUTH. :-\

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2009, 06:25:37 PM »
Tim not many here would call you an outsider when it comes to BB or facts.Your point is well taken it just seems Promoters can name call and say what they want around here and everybody believes what they Type like 20 competitors only to end up with two more than 7 judges 9 competitors.Now that is the TRUTH. :-\

We do the best we can, other shows change the list right up to the show, the Ironman changed completely from the first list they published. Some things are out of our control. It even goes on in other sports, golf, tennis, etc. YOu need to get out more toolbag!

Underbelly 3

• Getbig I
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2009, 08:30:27 PM »
mmmmmmmm interesting 8)

where is avbg when hank wood is around all the time??? could avbg be clark kent and hank wood superman?? ??? ;)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2009, 11:09:20 PM »
mmmmmmmm interesting 8)

where is avbg when hank wood is around all the time??? could avbg be clark kent and hank wood superman?? ??? ;)

It has been mentioned before and interestingly they are both posting now and neither has responded.

Although I like Alex, it would explain a few things. Nah couldn't be???????   ::)