Author Topic: delt pain  (Read 1270 times)

delusional

• Getbig II
delt pain
« on: October 18, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »
Whats up broskis. I am currently getting delt pain on chest day, my routine is as follows:

Pre-exhaust with the pec fly 3 sets of 10 reps
Bench Press
Then incline bench

Most of the delt pain comes from my bench pressing, it happened to becoem quite excruciating today ending my workout early. Any suggestions on how to prevent this so that I may proceed?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: delt pain
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:51:36 PM »
Whats up broskis. I am currently getting delt pain on chest day, my routine is as follows:

Bench Press
Then incline bench

Most of the delt pain comes from my bench pressing, it happened to becoem quite excruciating today ending my workout early. Any suggestions on how to prevent this so that I may proceed?
Start by warming up your shoulders doing rotator cuff exercises for 10-15 minutes.

It has helped my shoulders alot.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »
It might just be as simple as overstressing one head of the deltoid over another,  take it easy on your front delts and concentrate on the other heads for a while. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:34:07 AM »

Bench Press
Then incline bench

How long have you been training?
Have you noticed this pain before?
Some guys are just prone to shoulder stress on the BP due either to form or simply the way they're put together.

Maybe try using db's for a while & see if the same thing happens.
Sometimes the added freedom of movement permits enough adjustment to eliminate the pain that a straight bar locks you into.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 06:45:35 AM »
yeah, im experiencing some pain too lately.

try to cut back front delt training in your delt workout.

maybe your front delts need more time to recover, thus the "burn" they get.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:46:48 AM »
Maybe not so much a delt problem, as a rotor cuff problem. Let us hope not. Or quite often a pinched or stressed nerve can cause this. The nerves become inflamed from all this. Might suggest a deep sports massage, from time to time. Keep the shoulder warm while working out. Can apply a sports lotion/rub to the area before and after working out. With the idea to keep the area warm and with good blood flow. Try a stretch and hold before working out. As Chaos suggest, rotor cuff movements by all means. Can not hurt but only help. Even changing the hand position on the bar a few inches may give some relief when doing BB BP's.

Drop the BP for a while. Even DB fly's can influence delt pain. A Pec Deck may be a better tool for you, the the pressure on the elbow pads, not with the hands/arms way out. If you believe the myth that BP'ing is the only way to go for chest, than switch to DB benches. Advantage is that the hands/muscles/joints are not fixed in one position during the pressing. DB's allow a more natural twist and turning of the hands/wrist/elbows and shoulder girdle. Less stress all the way around.

Might consider dips as a better chest mass producing exercise than benching. Worth a try. Not sure if you meant that inclined did or did not bother you. If Ok than might do:

Dips, inclines and pec decks for the chest. Good Luck.

F

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
Rotator cuff exercises are key in helping to eliminate shoulder injury (along with proper warmup)

Over time the shoulder joints can get pretty beat up, the problem is, by the time you really notice it, it may be too late to really do anything about it.

Nobody likes doing rotator cuff exercises because they don't really produce noticeable muscle growth. It's kinda like flossing your teeth...

Wait, that's not what I meant. Shitty analogies... where do they come from?