Author Topic: Getbigger - "Radical Plato", formerly known as "Ekul" has passed away.  (Read 32582 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
I'm sure others feel the way I do, but if any of y'all are hurting and considering suicide feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help however I can.  I'm certainly no counselor, but if I can help raise your spirits I'll do my best.   There are folks like SF1900 that probably have recommendations for professional help because of his field of study and others here that understand the pain you're feeling.  This board puts forth a lot of hate, but I think the majority of that is a facade.  Again, if I can help in some way shoot me a note before doing something drastic.  I'll pray with you, speak to you, tell you jokes, talk about bodybuilding, movies, bbq, life, whatever it is.  I know there are many others on these boards that would drop whatever they are doing to lend a hand.

God bless!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Ekul, AKA Radical Plato, is no longer with us.
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2016, 07:23:25 AM »
I didn't know RP was Ekul.  If he was taking all the drugs he talked about, then it isn't surprising it ended this way.

R.I.P.  and I wish this hadn't happened.  We will always miss you.

I didn't know they were the same either. Two different styles of posting. EKul hated pit bulls and Americans but the Radical Plato seemed alright. I began to worry about his mental health when he began taking exctasy and other mind altering drugs. Sucks for the ones he left behind.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
This sucks - may his spirit be on to greater things.
A critical mind that will be missed.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Didn't know he was e-kul. I think I really enjoyed E-kuls posts, but it was so long ago now.

Radical Plato seemed intelligent from what I gathered.

Pip

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I'm sure others feel the way I do, but if any of y'all are hurting and considering suicide feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help however I can.  I'm certainly no counselor, but if I can help raise your spirits I'll do my best.   There are folks like SF1900 that probably have recommendations for professional help because of his field of study and others here that understand the pain you're feeling.  This board puts forth a lot of hate, but I think the majority of that is a facade.  Again, if I can help in some way shoot me a note before doing something drastic.  I'll pray with you, speak to you, tell you jokes, talk about bodybuilding, movies, bbq, life, whatever it is.  I know there are many others on these boards that would drop whatever they are doing to lend a hand.

God bless!

Much respect to you bro.  You're a good guy.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

When we lose Ekul like this it makes me reevaluate every interaction I have with folks on these boards.  Never wanting to discourage someone even if they're on the attack against me.....it just isn't worth it.  There may have been nothing any of us could have done for E, but it really makes me reevaluate like I said. 

There's a whole group of men on these boards that invest a lot of time in discussion and laughs and all that.  To lose one tragically like this....I just don't have the words.   

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

He is!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
LOL, found this today while searching for the Tbombz space gif.   Some of Ekul's work.  Never knew he made that gif.   :D

http://makeagif.com/user/LukeRussell/popular/1

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
LOL, found this today while searching for the Tbombz space gif.   Some of Ekul's work.  Never knew he made that gif.   :D

http://makeagif.com/user/LukeRussell/popular/1

LOL the kitchen lighting one was always a favorite of mine

Skeeter

Very sad to hear this. PIP

cephissus

• Getbig V
I think ekul would be laughing at most of the responses here.

Sometimes he irritated me, sometimes I liked his posts.  Seemed  pretty similar to me in a few ways... Overall a decent poster.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
When we lose Ekul like this it makes me reevaluate every interaction I have with folks on these boards.  Never wanting to discourage someone even if they're on the attack against me.....it just isn't worth it.  There may have been nothing any of us could have done for E, but it really makes me reevaluate like I said. 

There's a whole group of men on these boards that invest a lot of time in discussion and laughs and all that.  To lose one tragically like this....I just don't have the words.   
I've thought of this many times. It seems that the people with the most consistent angry posts or the ones so quick to anger, possibly may have some other things going on in their lives. Take a look at social media and see the people who post angry post after angry post.

That being said, RP was an intelligent guy, I figure there were some other things going on in his life when he was going on his rants about feminism.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Just saw this. I feel sad reading it, I esp. feel sad for his mother, no parent should see their kids dieing. Dude wanted out, life was an emotional torture for him, well he got out, that's probably the only real choice a person has. A good example how a family and upbringing can influence most of the persons life, a serious failure with female probably added to it also. He certainly sounded suicidal. Nothing else to say here really... These of you who feel similar way - I'm sure there are is at least one person that loves you, if you care about that person - keep going, however it hard may be sometimes.

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young

God bless!

You're a good man Bro!!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Very sad when a fellow Getbigger passes!

My thoughts and prayers are with Radical Plato's family, especially his mother, whom he visited more often than his brothers did, according to one of his posts.  She must be devastated.

Man of Steel is indeed a good man, a good reflection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Hate to hear about anyone dying.

Family and friends must be truly beat up over it. I hope he has found peace in the after if there is such a thing.

Godspeed from those who you illuminated and irritated.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Very sad when a fellow Getbigger passes!

My thoughts and prayers are with Radical Plato's family, especially his mother, whom he visited more often than his brothers did, according to one of his posts.  She must be devastated.

Man of Steel is indeed a good man, a good reflection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

You got that right.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2016, 03:59:32 PM »
And don't be afraid of medication!!!!

Medication is probably the last thing anyone should be on, unless a severe hormone imbalance is observed. The way medication for suicidal tendencies works is that it surpresses certain moods. Especially in younger people it has the tendency to also surpress the fear of suicide or any other such feelings that may prevent you from going through with it. By far too many recipes are written out for the sake of convenience but with adverse effects, or simply turning people into zombies.

The human psyche is far more than simply an interplay of hormones. And is not as easily fixed. Deep rooted issues can only be effectively resolved, or otherwise made easier to live with through guidance and talking. Pro-actively trying to not block, but instead cope with certain thoughts.

We need to realize that mental health issues are real and not a fukin joke( yes depression too).

Regrettably psychology is still a developing field that only came around recently since like the 70s. Very little is known at this point, probably no more than 30%, and that's a high estimate.

Unfortunately the usual consensus is to look for long-term fixes, rather than short-term fixes. As such there is no immediate reward (solution) and finding a way to cope with certain feelings simply doesn't appear reasonable. Getting through day-by-day, week-by-week as such should take preference. As often no long-term fixes exist, though there are exceptions.

As someone else pointed out already, it's often difficult to convince someone of alternatives when they're entrenched with their own convictions. But talking does help, even if hearing someone elses' opinion/alternative may not seem feasible. Being pro-active and voicing your thoughts is more than just therapeutic but also liberating as you find out you're not alone, nor does your condition need to remain obstructive for-ever.

I regret to hear of Plato's passing, though I have no immediate connection to him, so I won't feign any real sentiment.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I just saw this. Just got a knot in my stomach. RIP. Depression is nothing to joke about. My thoughts and sympathy go out to his family.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
RIP

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2016, 03:28:27 PM »
Medication is probably the last thing anyone should be on, unless a severe hormone imbalance is observed. The way medication for suicidal tendencies works is that it surpresses certain moods. Especially in younger people it has the tendency to also surpress the fear of suicide or any other such feelings that may prevent you from going through with it. By far too many recipes are written out for the sake of convenience but with adverse effects, or simply turning people into zombies.

The human psyche is far more than simply an interplay of hormones. And is not as easily fixed. Deep rooted issues can only be effectively resolved, or otherwise made easier to live with through guidance and talking. Pro-actively trying to not block, but instead cope with certain thoughts.

Regrettably psychology is still a developing field that only came around recently since like the 70s. Very little is known at this point, probably no more than 30%, and that's a high estimate.

Unfortunately the usual consensus is to look for long-term fixes, rather than short-term fixes. As such there is no immediate reward (solution) and finding a way to cope with certain feelings simply doesn't appear reasonable. Getting through day-by-day, week-by-week as such should take preference. As often no long-term fixes exist, though there are exceptions.

As someone else pointed out already, it's often difficult to convince someone of alternatives when they're entrenched with their own convictions. But talking does help, even if hearing someone elses' opinion/alternative may not seem feasible. Being pro-active and voicing your thoughts is more than just therapeutic but also liberating as you find out you're not alone, nor does your condition need to remain obstructive for-ever.

I regret to hear of Plato's passing, though I have no immediate connection to him, so I won't feign any real sentiment.

Some people that have paranoid/delusional disorder actually hear voices that tell them to kill themselves. The medication takes the voices away; but the user feels terrible when on the medication.

I know of somebody that couldn't stand the drugs, and came off. The voices came back. And unfortunately, this person listened to the voices and killed himself.

Note: in this case, the medication is not an anti-depressant, it's an anti-psychotic

chokeslam

• Getbig II
Quite sad.  He seemed like an intelligent guy, but as people already said he had a lot of issues.  I've been lurking on this board for a while, long enough where on occasions I'd see him online arguing with several different people at once just as I go to bed. I check the board the next morning about 9-10 hours later, and he's still going;  he'd stayed awake that entire time just to argue non-stop with strangers on the internet. That ain't healthy  :-\

I'm not an expert on mental health, but it seemed like he was using this place as some sort of medication/therapy for himself, if that makes sense.  When he started posting about his drug use late last year, that was a recipe for disaster given his history and what he'd revealed about himself.  I didn't know him personally, but 43 is far too young.

Spot on.

I'm deeply saddened to hear about this. I wish someone could have sat down with him, listened to him so he felt a sense of meaningful relatedness and understanding, and helped to get him on a different path. The shame with situations like this is that there is a depressive realism - he wasn't a dummy. And probably saw the world more accurately than any one of us. But he stewed in the negativity and let that become his primary focus. Whatever it was that caused him pain, he chose (consciously or subconsciously) to associate with that and identify with it too strongly. It won. And he took his life. Very sad indeed....

Long time poster who left the boards because of how destructive they become. It's bittersweet to have stumbled upon this thread. I'm very saddened to learn that ekul is no longer with us, but grateful to have learned about this so I can keep him in my thoughts for whatever it's worth. I love all you guys. If anyone else is struggling, delete your account, get some help in real life and don't look back. Life is worth living.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
E-kul. You were so angry in life. I hope you find rest, now. Legato. Legato.Piano.  

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
i'm very sorry to hear this, i hope he's finally at peace

E
E

viking1

• Getbig V
I remember him being very vocal regarding pitbulls.

Rest In Love.