Author Topic: I think Phill Heath has the potentail to be the next Mr O  (Read 16404 times)

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
Re: I think Phill Heath has the potentail to be the next Mr O
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »
It was awesome meeting you too Tre!! Lets keep in touch!!

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006, 01:03:08 AM »

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 04:55:16 AM »

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: For those people who don't think Pill Heath has a good back..
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2006, 05:30:05 AM »
phil is a genetic freak, definitely!  He has some freaky bodyparts.  But he has some glaring flaws, too.  Darrem was the complete professional up there, and heath was the exciting kid.  Since it's theater, and not real-life, they gave it to heath.  period.

*didn't hurt that phil heath is the vyotech poster boy for the next 10 years, and Vyo just giftwrapped the win ;)

no, dont tell us this was a marketing agenda win?   LOL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2006, 05:34:01 AM »
no, dont tell us this was a marketing agenda win?   LOL

this is an INCREDIBLE marketing win for Phil Heath!

He has nothing to gain and everything to lose by NOT WINNING his next show, the scrub NY Pro. Phil could mil this for the next year, while working with a top nutrition guy to nail down some ronnie coleman hardness, and usher in a new era/look for BBing at the 2007 Mr O.

But, I'm sure that 3rd at the NY followed by 11th at the O and an iffy spring 07 will be just as rewarding financially.  Supp comapnies love giving a dump truck of money to a guy who loses to King Kamali.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2006, 05:43:08 AM »
ok i like phil....nice ok great tri's aside...
exactly how did he beat dareem????
choice is an illusion

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2006, 05:44:27 AM »
sick quads though and had the best calves of the top three...And blow everyone away from both sides...Held his own from the front and back...

what are looking at.... his quads are his weak point...

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2006, 07:41:51 AM »
IMO the only place Heath looks good is from the side, he looks very small from the front, very narrow, small arms, no delts, small lats and no qaud sweep, the quad detail is decent but he needs tons more size to compete with the top dogs from the front and back.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2006, 07:48:20 AM »
IMO the only place Heath looks good is from the side, he looks very small from the front, very narrow, small arms, no delts, small lats and no qaud sweep, the quad detail is decent but he needs tons more size to compete with the top dogs from the front and back.

I don't agree with you.
He doesn't look impressive at all in the front and back relaxed. BUT, look at his fucking front and back double bi ! They are awesome.
I agree his back lat spread was week, looked like Shawn's.
Front lat spread was ok, but since he as narrow clavicules he didn't look wide at all.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2006, 07:50:13 AM »
I don't agree with you.
He doesn't look impressive at all in the front and back relaxed. BUT, look at his fucking front and back double bi ! They are awesome.
I agree his back lat spread was week, looked like Shawn's.
Front lat spread was ok, but since he as narrow clavicules he didn't look wide at all.
he looks decent in the front double but look at his competition, Darrem and David Henry, he's going to get destroyed against Coleman, Cutler, Jackson, Baddell, Mustafa, Warren etc.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »
I agree, if I was him I wouldn't compete at the NY Pro and the O this year.
He should take the rest of the year off, at a good 6-8 pound and come in better conditionned at the Ironman 2007.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2006, 07:53:35 AM »
I agree, if I was him I wouldn't compete at the NY Pro and the O this year.
He should take the rest of the year off, at a good 6-8 pound and come in better conditionned at the Ironman 2007.
he really needs to pound the shit out of those quads and back, they are nowhere near the caliber of those guys, not even close.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Stavios

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2006, 08:00:48 AM »
agree for the back.
his legs only look small from the side tought. In the front relaxed posted above, his legs almost look too big for his upper body since he is narrow

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »
240, the NY Pro won't be a scrub show.   It will be tougher competition than the Colorado for sure.  Dennis James is doing that show.  Seeing Phil next to Dennis will answer some comparison questions.

Phil looked incredible to me from every angle and no doubt deserved the win last night.  His legs look incredible...who is saying he better bring up his legs?  The only hurdle Phil has is that he isn't real wide in his clavicles and his back has unbelievable separation but needs more width.  I am very happy to see Phil winning and his physique being named "ideal".  BBing needs Phil Heath and IFBB judges that reward physiques like his.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2006, 08:10:51 AM »
240, the NY Pro won't be a scrub show.   It will be tougher competition than the Colorado for sure.  Dennis James is doing that show.  Seeing Phil next to Dennis will answer some comparison questions.

Phil looked incredible to me from every angle and no doubt deserved the win last night.  His legs look incredible...who is saying he better bring up his legs?  The only hurdle Phil has is that he isn't real wide in his clavicles and his back has unbelievable separation but needs more width.  I am very happy to see Phil winning and his physique being named "ideal".  BBing needs Phil Heath and IFBB judges that reward physiques like his.
i'm saying he needs to bring up his legs BIG TIME to compete with the top ten guys, he has zero sweep from the front and the detail and that great considering how small they are.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2006, 08:18:06 AM »
i'm saying he needs to bring up his legs BIG TIME to compete with the top ten guys, he has zero sweep from the front and the detail and that great considering how small they are.

Get your eyes checked.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2006, 08:19:15 AM »
Get your eyes checked.
i should say the same thing to you.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2006, 08:24:02 AM »
i should say the same thing to you.

Cmon man..to say that he has no sweep---where are you basing that at.  His sweep is better than Darrem's.  Agreed, that from the side, he is not Badell, Ronnie/Jay.  But he has decent sized legs and he is balanced.  Darrem was larger, but comparing each mandatory shot, the pleasing lines & conditioning of Phil beat Darrem in every shot regardless of the fact that Darrem was bigger..  This kid needs some improvements, no doubt--but he will make the top 10 at the Olympia his first try/be damn close.  His hype is for real instead of the nonsense we saw w/Richard Jones.  Jones was completely overrated.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2006, 08:24:17 AM »
What jumps out at me about Phil's legs is that they are so separated and there is a great balance between his quads, hams, and calves!  You don't see that real often.  Guys like Mustafa, who have huge legs, often loose that detail and separation in their quads.  Even Ronnie lost some as he gained so much mass.  Your right though, he doesn't have the world's biggest legs but they are great for his structure...Phil isn't a mass monster.  Like I said previously, we'll see how he looks next to a much larger BBer like DJ next week.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2006, 09:57:14 AM »
He's been training for less time than most of the people on here.

SquatAss

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2006, 12:20:45 PM »
yOU DON'T KNOW SQUAT ASS

Clever!

But I never made any statement, just posted a pic?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »
My expert advice to Phil would be, double your dosage.  The following year, double that.  Once that is going well, ingest plenty of GH and add a little insulin for a nice mix.
Through my years of heavy competition amongst the world's greatest at the Lavarun Invitational here in Vegas, I've seen that strategy work wonders.
Oh wait, that's the competition I run out of my house every year where I'm the only contestant.  I'm 3x Winner of that now.  The sky is the limit!!!
Croatch On
N

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2006, 01:07:53 PM »
I gotta agree with gh15,   I know exactly what he's talking about.

agree...some of these guys posting are living in fantacy land...Today alot of the guys going into state level shows are massive guts not only in the gym but even on stage...GH/slin is being used by most and at massive amounts...

So of these pros are better at hiding it on stage but ALL OF THEM are the "growth belly" going on...In the case of hEATH, his looks way less pronounce standing next to guys who don't know how to hide it...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2006, 01:14:39 PM »
what are looking at.... his quads are his weak point...

His Quads almost over power his upper body dude...What are you looking at?

BrooklynBB

• Getbig II
  • An Impala with the Top Chopped Off...
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2006, 01:22:09 PM »
Why you ask? he simply has the genetics to do so.. Another bonus is that he is fairly well spoken.. Seems to have  better character and personality the Jay and would make a good spokes person for the Mr O title.

Discuss?

Victor Martinez would embarass him.  Discuss.